• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Aiii

So not worth it
I saw JR said something on Twitter about blocked arteries, which will get sorted out (I think surgery for that is non-invasive too - not 100% on that though)

Hopefully the actual heart attack caused him no permanent damage. That is the big worry now IMO.

Yeah, my dad has had several such surgery's. Worst case it's a bypass, where they take an artery out of your leg (or arm) and put it instead of the normal artery. More like they can either do a non-invasive procedure called, actually I don't know the english term, but it's basically where they go into the artery and pump up a balloon to remove the blockage. If that doesn't work they put in a ring that opens up the artery perminantly.

Yeah, my dad has had several such surgery's. Worst case it's a bypass, where they take an artery out of your leg (or arm) and put it instead of the normal artery. More like they can either do a non-invasive procedure called, actually I don't know the english term, but it's basically where they go into the artery and pump up a balloon to remove the blockage. If that doesn't work they put in a ring that opens up the artery perminantly.

I think that might be a Stent. One of my older relations had it, as she felt she was getting fatigued too quickly for not doing much. She was only 2 days in hospital.

She had it before any attack happened though.

Kyoufu

So what did you guys think of that final segment? Cena said some truth there... actually enjoyed his promo but at the same time didn't enjoy his promo because Punk has been badly booked. But yeah, that was actually a good promo from Cena.

I mean, even they are using the "You haven't main evented with the title" thing against him. How is that his fault?

I just watched RAW - crazy to hear about Jerry. I was worried it was a work at first, but now I'm just worried for the King. Hope he pulls through and is able to return in some capacity.

As for RAW itself, Punk's heel turn feels so lazy, so aimless. I actually liked the Cena promo, it wasn't utterly nonsensical for one thing...although, that crack about the title being irrelevant while Punk holds it would have made more sense if they were turning Cena in a "Your title's irrelevant, because I'M the main event. Deal with it." sort of thing.

Elsewhere, The Big Yes Machine are an awesome tag team. I'm very much enjoying this portion of the Kane cycle. I'm also warming to the Prime Time Players, and I hope Cody gets his belt back from Miz.

Also, this guy reminded me of an ROH fan who would get in Punk's face and scream "DIE PUNK, DIE!!!" on a few of the early shows;

iieT9aUlZyWeK.gif

Couple of new releases from ROH;

VFwJ4.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/delirious-masked-insanity-2-disc-set

• Disc 1
    • 01. Delirious vs. Matt Sydal...ROH Reborn Stage 1 4/23/04 (ROH debut)
    • 02. Delirious vs. Samoa Joe vs. Ebessan vs. Jack Evans...Final Showdown 5/13/05
    • 03. Delirious & Alex Shelley vs. Roderick Strong & Jack Evans...Nowhere To Run 5/14/05
    • 04. Delirious & Bryan Danielson vs. Alex Shelley & Jimmy Rave...Dragon Gate Challenge 3/30/06
    • 05. Delirious vs. Ricky Reyes...Better Than Our Best 4/1/06
    • 06. Delirious vs. Bryan Danielson (ROH World Title Match)...The 100th Show 4/22/06
    • 07. Delirious vs. Chris Sabin...Weekend of Champions Night 2 4/29/06
    • 08. Delirious vs. Bryan Danielson (ROH World Title Match)...Ring of Homicide 5/13/06
    • 09. Delirious vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH Pure Title Match)...Time To Man Up 8/4/06
    • 10. Delirious vs. Matt Sydal...Epic Encounter II 8/25/06

• Disc 2
    • 11. Delirious, Colt Cabana, Nigel McGuinness & BJ Whitmer vs. Bryan Danielson, Jimmy Rave, Shingo & Jimmy Jacobs (8 Man Elimination Match)...Chicago Spectacular Night 2 12/9/06
    • 12. Delirious, Roderick Strong, & Austin Aries vs. CIMA, Shingo, & Matt Sydal (Dragon Gate Rules)...Final Battle 2006 12/23/06
    • 13. Delirious vs. KENTA...Reborn Again 5/11/07
    • 14. Delirious vs. Adam Pearce (Falls Count Anywhere)...Reckless Abandon 11/30/07
    • 15. Delirious vs. Rhett Titus...Age of Insanity 8/15/08
    • 16. Delirious & Jimmy Jacobs vs. Tyler Black & Jerry Lynn...Stylin' & Profilin' 3/13/09
    • 17. Delirious vs. Jimmy Jacobs (Markham Street Fight)...Tag Title Classic 4/18/09
    • 18. Delirious vs. Roderick Strong...Boiling Point 11/7/09
    • 19. Delirious vs. Austin Aries (Steel Cage Match)...ROH on HDNet Episode 74

inBFC.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/davey-richards-hunt-glory-2-disc-set

• Disc 1
    • 01. Christopher Daniels confrontation from The Big Bang 4/3/10
    • 02. Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong…ROH on HDNet #70
    • 03. Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen…Champion’s Challenge 8/27/10
    • 04. Davey Richards vs. El Generico…ROH on HDNet #76
    • 05. Davey Richards vs. Tyler Black…ROH on HDNet #78 (Tyler’s final TV match)
    • 06. Davey Richards vs. Christopher Daniels…Richards vs. Daniels 10/16/10
    • 07. Richards-Strong Hype Video for Final Battle
    • 08. Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)…Final Battle 2010 12/18/10
    • 09. Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero… Only The Strong Survive 1/15/11

• Disc 2
    • 10. Davey Richards vs. TJ Perkins… SoCal Showdown II 1/28/11
    • 11. Davey Richards vs. Colt Cabana… 9th Anniversary Show 2/26/11
    • 12. Davey Richards vs. Claudio Castagnoli… Defy or Deny- Plymouth, MA 3/18/11
    • 13. Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong… Honor Takes Center Stage – Chapter 1 4/1/11
    • 14. Clip from Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards vs. ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Non-Title)… Honor Takes Center Stage – Chapter 2 4/2/11
    • 15. Clip from The American Wolves vs. The Kings of Wrestling… ROH Revolution: USA 5/6/11
    • 16. Davey Richards vs. Charlie Haas…Supercard of Honor VI 5/21/11
    • 17. Clip from Supercard of Honor VI after Edwards/Strong when Eddie challenged Davey Richards to a match
    • 18. Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards (ROH World Title Match)… Best in the World 2011 – New York, NY 6/26/11

Definitely going to pick up that Delirious DVD when I order the iPPV this weekend. Speaking of which, it seems Matt Hardy will be in attendance this Saturday at ROH - Death Before Dishonor X;

Hardy tweeted: “After visiting Ring of Honor’s event in NC & speaking with ROH executives, I’ve been invited by ROH to attend their PPV Saturday in Chicago. I WILL be at Ring of Honor PPV, I’ll be doing a signing & have FULL access to the locker room & talent. Extremely interested in 1 match..”

After the news, PWInsider posted the following: “We heard a few weeks ago that Hardy would be in for a major program that would include a iPPV main event (I’m guessing Final Battle), so this is the kick-off to that storyline.”

A lot of fans seem to be reacting negatively to this, but I think a Steen vs Hardy program could be good. If Matt's in wrestling shape, there's no reason he couldn't have a great match or two with Steen.

I like CM Punk's alternate universe where WCW won and he was on there instead. :(

Was so happy it actually got mentioned on air, it was like my Nitro 1000th show fanfic lol.

If only, ifffffffffff only.

Just thinking about last night leaves me feeling unsettled. The final interview was really good though. The last two endings almost have me getting back into this stuff on a regular basis.

I think that might be a Stent. One of my older relations had it, as she felt she was getting fatigued too quickly for not doing much. She was only 2 days in hospital.

She had it before any attack happened though.

My mother suffered two heart attacks and that is what they did on the first one. It's a fairly regular procedure.

Sid

So what did you guys think of that final segment? Cena said some truth there... actually enjoyed his promo but at the same time didn't enjoy his promo because Punk has been badly booked. But yeah, that was actually a good promo from Cena.

I mean, even they are using the "You haven't main evented with the title" thing against him. How is that his fault?
Because he is not 'worthy' enough to be in the main event,I really liked the last segment though.

The Lawler stuff was pretty confusing cause they had just been using him getting hurt and stuff angle for the last few weeks including the start of THIS weeks show, and they use the Owen voice WAAAAAAAAY too much for their shit ass stories so now when they do it for real its totally a boy crying wolf type thing and me/people not believing it.

I actually mentioned to my GF during the match it happened, wtf is up with the dead crowd and huge luuuuuls constant head locks during this match going way longer than it needs to, then after when we watched it back knowing what happened and noticed everything going on...... was really eery. Hope he makes a full recovery, I'm not a current day King fan but I'll mark out when he comes back.

Awesome - the free download of the week at IVPvideos.com is 'The Best of William Regal'

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9088

• William Regal & Robbie Brookside vs. Kendo Nagasaki & Blondie Barrett
  • William Regal vs. Marty Jones
  • William Regal vs. Col Brody
  • William Regal & Orig Williams vs. Klaus Kauroff & Col Brody
  • William Regal & Orig Williams vs. Dave Finlay & Skull Murphy
  • William Regal & Dave Larsen vs. Giant Haystacks
  • William Regal vs. Tony St. Clair
  • William Regal vs. Great Muta
  • William Regal vs. Shinya Hashimoto (IWGP Heavyweight Title)
  • William Regal & Keiji Mutoh vs. Riki Choshu & Kazuo Yamazaki
  • William Regal & Mike Enos vs. Scott Norton & Osamu Kido
  • William Regal vs. Satoshi Kojima

Our theory for Punk: he wins at the PPV, debuts new championship belt the next night on Raw.

YOU WANNA KNOW WHO I AM? YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT ME NOT KNOWING WHO I AM??

HERE IS ME CARVING MY OWN IDENTITY JOHN BOY

PURGING US ALL OF THE VILE POISON THAT WE'VE ENDURED FOR TOO LONG BECAUSE OF YOU

SO LONG TO POS DISGRACE SPINNER BELT

SAY HELLO TO THE REAL W.W.E TITLE!

THE WWE TITLE YOU COULDN'T WIN LAST NIGHT

MY.. W.W.E TITLE

Kyoufu

Our theory for Punk: he wins at the PPV, debuts new championship belt the next night on Raw.

YOU WANNA KNOW WHO I AM? YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT ME NOT KNOWING WHO I AM??

HERE IS ME CARVING MY OWN IDENTITY JOHN BOY

PURGING US ALL OF THE VILE POISON THAT WE'VE ENDURED FOR TOO LONG BECAUSE OF YOU

SO LONG TO POS DISGRACE SPINNER BELT

SAY HELLO TO THE REAL W.W.E TITLE!

THE WWE TITLE YOU COULDN'T WIN LAST NIGHT

MY.. W.W.E TITLE

That's what I was thinking.

Hope it doesn't somehow look worse than the current title.

Finally got around to watching the rest of Raw, well that was an unusual night, seeing Cole silent at ringside with his head in his hands was eerie yet all I could think was "man Mysterio and Rhodes grunting sure is audible right now", without any commentary to speak of the Miz interference felt so strange, like he was just strolling past the ring and got his head kicked in because Mysterio is a swine.

Well anyway Team Friendship is all kinds of awesome, the lack of Wade Barrett now he's actually returned is the opposite.
Cena really stepped up towards the end of his promo, I haven't been feeling this heel Punk since he first turned and I find myself unusually on the side of smirking Cena, they're dropping the ball with Punk if you ask me,

Oh and before I retired from watching Raw last night....
Punk/Orton so we can see how Orton manages to sneak away without any damage to his credibility once more, his HARSH punishment will continue as he randomly goes over WWE champion Punk or at worst a screwy finish where he still walks out with a successful RKO.
WHAT A TWIST! ORTON WINS AGAIN!

Good enough for me.

Owl, we're in the mainstream!!!

BTW, now I can actually watch the second segment with Bryan & Kane. Fantastic stuff.

These guys work so well together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPig...Vfy7nd8humemm4hY5&index=14&feature=plpp_video
We've been in the mainstream like all year since the Kane cycle was first revealed and now WWE evidently just read our various Kane ideas and book most of them, I appreciate the hell out of it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Divas match

• oh mah gah Kaitlyn
  • lol Eve doing her pose
  • Natalya did no pose, boo
  • Sneakeve is pretty interesting so far despite just smiling and pretending to be buddy, buddy with LK

lmao Brodus, the fuck was that about with the hilarious face

I'm still confused as to what they're doing with Orton. Just tossing him in matches, no rhyme or reason. Stick him in something, the other guys could use the rub.

-Wait Ziggler is facing Orton? How'd that happen?
Why is Punk being chumped by Orton?

I thought Kane was calling AJ sadistic, etc. lol

Jobbers are feuding now? Heath better beat Ryder when that happens.

PTP/AJ seg. was pretty good. Do you guys still hate her?

Kidd appears on TV again. Deserves more tv appearances.

Watching Cole talk about Lawler was pretty tough.

---------------

lol, Booker shutting down AJ and telling off Sheamus

• gxdMO.png

These Lawler updates are brutal. Wrestling health issues/injuries/deaths always seem to hit closer to home for some reason. I think it's the weekly exposure to the people regardless of how you feel about them on screen.

Cena owning up to the "you can't wrestle" chants. Nicely done. Should stop smirking though.

Cena airing out Punk despite the hypocrisy.

Stealing an elbow? Really? It's homage.

All in all a great promo despite flaws.

Punk gets made to look weak, again. Not sure how to feel about that.

Raw skipped gets a 7/10

Other notes of the night:

Sheamus getting told off, it will be the first time in history I actually cheer for his dumb kick, DO IT DO IT!! GET YOUR DUMB SHIT SELF FIRED! Still I suspect this is all mounting to a BS he lost the belt but didn't LOSE shit that reeks of HHH. :|

I wanted Zigs to cash in and finally get that win over him, but I guess either way he wins it will be cool.

Hardly any stupid GM AJ, even Booker T came out to tell her to take a hike lol. Please give her something else to do, I miss the AJ I liked.

Kaitlyn's new onesie that could barely contain her boobs ftw.
thumbs_up_smiley-gif.5998

Eve just tagging in and pwning the jobber in one move then everyone being like huh and shes like what did you expect?? was funny.

Best of all Daniel Bryan (....with Kane) will be a champion again! Wooooooo!

Aiii

So not worth it
I honestly can't remember what the Divas were doing 3 months ago. I don't even know how Layla became champion again.

I do, she returned from injury and won the PPV in an impromptu title match on... well... One of those b-show PPV's

So btw, wasn't Alicia Fox a face last time she was on TV 3 months ago?

The divas division has like 2 or 3 face and 2 or 3 heels, the rest are slotted in as either when the situation demands it.
And yes she was a face last time I saw her, clearly having Eve pretend to be face means Alicia must pretend to be heel in order to maintain balance in the divas division.

So btw, wasn't Alicia Fox a face last time she was on TV 3 months ago?

She is (seriously) the interchangeable Diva, just whenever they need to fill in a gap somewhere she is inserted into either role because honestly no one cares enough to remember what she is supposed to be so it 'works'.

She is Kelly Kelly's best friend in the world one day then next week she's with Beth doing the same shit (nothing at all) but 'EVILER' for the space of a 3min match.

Not even being sarcastic, that is really her only job lol.

If only Maxine was still around. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
Is it weird that I like Cole more after last night?

It is the first time in ages I've seen a genuine response from the guy about something and it totally endeared me to him.

Cagey

Banned
Agreed. You guys saying Cena didn't do his gimmick attacking thing are way off base as well. By calling out Punk for his gimmick/motive changing and legend homages like the Savage attire, the elbow drop, or the Hitman attire he had on tonight, he's essentially making character evolution and/or growth look like negative traits (or that he hasn't "found himself yet" or something), and in turn making his stagnation come off like he's just "being himself" whether people like it or not, as if that's positive. That's a terrible point for the consistently dominant face of your company to make. Basically attacked CM Punk for being an interesting/versatile character. He said "bitch," and got the cheap pop for speaking French, but it was still a John Cena ass John Cena promo.

His opponent's current gimmick is that he has felt disrespected by everyone and hasn't gotten the accolades or attention that he deserves, based on his long-standing reign as champion of the promotion.

John Cena referencing that Punk's title reign was irrelevant doesn't "bury" him because that's what Punk is basing his heel character on: disrespect and being made insignificant. Basically, Cena told Punk "you're right, you don't mean jack... DO SOMETHING SON." It opens the door for Punk to "do something" and further develop his character.

It's in no way analogous to the Del Rio bullshit where Cena picked up his clumsy fourth wall breaking sledgehammer and said "lol you claim you're rich but you aren't rich because WWE rents those cars ha ha u mad?". Here, there's no means of evolving Del Rio's character afterward. He's been exposed. It's done. What's his retort: "you see perrrrrro, I AM rich! you are a peasannnnt"? It falls flat.

The point regarding character evolution being bad is a problem that pops up everywhere. Politicians, for example, are pussy flip-floppers with no principles if they ever change their opinion on an issue for any reason, which is absurd. In most instances in wrestling, it'd be a problem.

But again, you're taking an unnecessarily negative view of the statement because it's without context. Punk wants respect, recognition, proclamations he's the best, etc. Cena argues that Punk's co-opting Macho Man's finisher, wearing the colors of legends, etc. is all desperation from Punk to be relevant and be The Man.

That feeds directly into the heel character Punk has been crafting as of late. Now, it's definitely just Cenas Gonna Cena, but at least him doing his usual gimmick-burying fit this feud perfectly. I'll disregard intent because the outcome worked well.

It's up to creative to let Punk respond in kind without defaulting to generic cowardly heel #923.
we doomed tho

Cena's promo was great. It made me more interested in the match.

The problem is that Punk will get a cheap win and then act like it makes him the best, which just creates this shit cycle where the same promos will keep happening, but at this point I can't fault what Cena did.

My theory is Orton beats Ziggler, then Ziggler cashes in later in the night on Sheamus. This leads to Sheamus/Ziggler at HiAC, then when Orton comes back he and Ziggler have a ready-made feud.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ziggler is definitely cashing in, probably on Del Rio though with this whole banning funny business.

Think Orton will put him over though.

Ziggler will cash in, Sheamus won't realise, he'll brogue kick him and then be stripped of the title without realising the bell had gone, or some such bullshit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena already lost the cash-in, they won't do two in the same year. Ziggler is definitely not cashing in and losing.

Striker

They are either gonna go all in with Punk or its over for him for now and back to midcard/jobber to the faces. Either Rock, Cena or Punk will debut the new belt it makes no sense with anybody else. But yah i wont be able to stand another Cena reign.
Punk isn't going back to midcard status, win or lose. Why do you even think this? Since getting his new contract, when have we seen Punk get beaten on a consistent basis and made look weak (for example, like how Zigger has looked like a goober by Sheamus) by his opponent? I can't remember. Only guys who've been that way before him doing so were Orton and Cena. Get the idea?

Between now and the Rumble, it's up to Cena and Punk exchanging wins, promos, etc., because it will be one of them facing Rock at RR I presume. They won't randomly drop Punk to feud with Jinder Mahel just because he loses this. Ziggler is one guy who should be winning at the PPV, especially since Orton is leaving to film his movie.

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk is now like 12 weeks away from beating Cena's record for longest consecutive WWE title run.

Oh wwe.com...
clipboard01jk.jpg

...Do not let your universe do this social media thing on your website...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk is now like 12 weeks away from beating Cena's record for longest consecutive WWE title run.

Oh wwe.com...
...Do not let your universe do this social media thing on your website...

When you work the audience 95% of the time, can't really blame them for thinking this is part of it. Or rather...thinking everything is real, I guess.

Glad King's doing OK.

I do have to say after watching RAW that silent RAW is good RAW. It was like being at the arena which was cool.

And word of the night was "Canadian Peasant."

Top Bottom