• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On an awesome note I'm going to Japan I'm December to see a bunch of wrestling and Japanese people.

How cool! I hope you get to see a lot of neat people.

MORE IMPORTANTLY make sure you enjoy the special Pepsi flavors there. I really hate that I never got to try the Ice Cucumber Pepsi.

I wouldn't bet on JBL returning.

Dude's always posting on Twitter about how happy he is living in Bermuda and working with kids. Can't blame the guy, he's really done well for himself. Though it's really surreal seeing him on panels on the Fox Business channel, talking business and money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wouldn't bet on JBL returning.

Dude's always posting on Twitter about how happy he is living in Bermuda and working with kids. Can't blame the guy, he's really done well for himself.

Recently he's talked about returning, and he even 'got into it' with Cole over twitter about it.

from WWE.com:

As of this morning, Jerry "The King" Lawler is in a cardiac care unit and all his vital signs are stable. WWE will provide additional information as it becomes available. We continue to wish Jerry all the best for a full recovery

Excellent news :) Looks like he'll pull through.

I know this will never happen, but I wish Vince would call Tony Schivone, and bring him aboard. :(

If not, Joey Styles should be on commentary.

Time for WWE to spring another surprise announcer who is a former wrestler, over the years we've had many retired big names head to the booth, JBL (the best), Foley, Booker T and right now Regal does the rounds on shows lower on the WWE totem pole.
Miz was pretty solid but he's still active in ring so lets just fire out random choice and imagine how well they'd work, I mean after Booker T you have to imagine anyone is fair game.

Batista
Road Dogg
DDP
Edge
The "retired" HHH
The Undertaker

I want Taker on commentary now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Time for WWE to spring another surprise announcer who is a former wrestler, over the years we've had many retired big names head to the booth, JBL (the best), Foley, Booker T and right now Regal does the rounds on shows lower on the WWE totem pole.
Miz was pretty solid but he's still active in ring so lets just fire out random choice and imagine how well they'd work, I mean after Booker T you have to imagine anyone is fair game.

Batista
Road Dogg
DDP
Edge
The "retired" HHH
The Undertaker

I want Taker on commentary now.

HHH is awful on commentary.

Josh Matthews, Road Dogg and Michael Cole imo.

From what I know about family members who had heart attacks, I think Jerry will be OK, but he's going to have to hang up the headset. Any sort of performance, even just talking while sitting, is stressful and will be against doctor's recommendation. Especially a 3-hour Raw.

Also, I think it's important that WWE recognize what caused this:
tumblr_ma72jzsc9B1ruwc07o1_400.jpg

If Sin Cara can't even carry oxygen to a good match, then this botch should be his last in the WWE.

maxxpower

So I just watched Cena's promo and it really isn't as great as you all made it out to be. It was the same old promo he uses on everyone else he's ever feuded with. "I'm the same person in the ring and outside the ring" and "you're just a phony'. The only reason why his promo looked good is because Punk's responses were really shitty.

SUPREME1

Banned
Heart stopped for 20 minutes?

He'd better buy a rolex for whoever kept pumping his chest for that time, thus getting blood circulating and into his brain and other organs... even if it wasn't as effecient as it normally would be.

I read something recently where it stated that new evidence shows that when giving CPR, the chest compressions are way more important than the breaths and that if you had to one or the other, you should do the chest compressions. Even suggesting that you focus on them almost exclusively.

Crazy. Glad Jerry is doing okay, all things considered.

Get better soon Jerry.

Who was that British sounding commentator who seemed to do some stuff in the early-mid nineties for WWE? I hear this guy every now and then on vintage collection but his name never comes up.

SUPREME1

Banned
Huh? Wiki says he died of a stroke, he was in his seventies. He had a good innings.

Am I missing something?

Car crash ended his career. Gangrene set in, lost his leg. Was in a whell chair the last ten years of his life, then gets hit by a series of strokes.

This thread has become genuine "Owen Voice" central here today in September Wrasslin |OT| Morbid Month, let's brighten our day with some funny Lawler commentary, so pretty much any match in the attitude era where he commentated with JR.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This thread has become genuine "Owen Voice" central here today in September Wrasslin |OT| Morbid Month, let's brighten our day with some funny Lawler commentary, so pretty much any match in the attitude era where he commentated with JR.

I started to tune Lawler out and turn my nose up at him around the same time he started screaming "puppies!"

Top Bottom