• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Uuuuuuuuuh

dTfFE.jpg

D.Mac as a pimp? How unfitting.

I became aware of Ultramantis Black due to someone linking one of his shirts. I now want his shirts and am looking for some vids of him in action. He seems entertaining as fuck though.

I wonder how Lawler's heart attack affected the ratings? Part of me thinks that people would keep watching or even get more to tune in, but with no commentary or updates for a while people might've tuned out.

jmdajr

I wonder how Lawler's heart attack affected the ratings? Part of me thinks that people would keep watching or even get more to tune in, but with no commentary or updates for a while people might've tuned out.
Almost thought of not watching, but I couldnt. I had to know if he was ok.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah REALLY awkward to watch the video of it happening.

Lawler tries to get a comment in but is really soft. Then really heavy breathing.

It's very unsettling.

distort_sm.jpg

This shirt will get you laid. Trust me.

I can also attest to this fact

here are some UMB vids

http://youtu.be/lBHHrobqpj8

http://youtu.be/tL0e7N7E78U

http://youtu.be/Kw0KIPgHdC4

Also Smart Mark Video released a Best on the Idies on UMB which can be purchased here.
http://smartmarkvideo.com/best-on-the-indies/ultramantis-dvd-strangeways-here-we-come-the-ultramantis-black-adventure.html

1. Interview
2. UltraMantis vs. Mr. ZERO - PXW 6/23/02
3. UltraMantis, Mr. ZERO & Mike Quackenbush vs. Reckless Youth, Ichabod Slayne & Hallowicked - KAPOW 7/28/02
4. UltraMantis vs. Tracy Smothers - IWA-MS 8/3/02
5. UltraMantis Black & Hallowicked vs. Mister ZERO & Shane Storm - Chikara 5/22/04
6. The Dark Breed (Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black) vs Matt Turner & Anthony Franco - Chikara 3/19/05
7. UltraMantis Black vs. Shane Storm - Chikara 5/21/05
8. UltraMantis Black vs. Larry Sweeney - Chikara 10/30/05
9. UltraMantis Black vs. Hallowicked - Chikara 9/22/06
10. UltraMantis Black & Hydra vs. Hallowicked & Delirious - Chikara 9/22/07
11. Lightube Board, Lightube Table, Barbed Wire Board, Barbed Wire Table: UltraMantis Black vs. SeXXXy Eddy vs. Scotty Vortekz - IWA Deep South 12/1/07
12. UltraMantis Black vs. Jaki Numazawa - Chikara 10/18/08
13. UltraMantis Black vs. Helios - Chikara 11/16/08
14. UltraMantis Black vs. Hydra - Chikara 12/14/08
15. UltraMantis Black & Crossbones vs. Fire Ant & Soldier Ant - 6/12/09
16. UltraMantis Black & Crossbones vs. Shadow WX & Yuichi Taniguchi - 6/13/09
17. UltraMantis Black vs. Delirious - Chikara 6/26/10
18. Falls Count Anywhere: UltranMantis Black vs. Ares - Chikara 11/21/10
19. UltraMantis Black vs. Tursas - Chikara 5/14/11

I thought Hour 3 might get a bump. Looking back at Twitter, it seems like loads of random people tuned in when the Lawler stuff broke. Guess it was not a big number

Yeah REALLY awkward to watch the video of it happening.

Lawler tries to get a comment in but is really soft. Then really heavy breathing.

It's very unsettling.

They hid the whole situation pretty well, I wasn't paying that much attention to Raw at the time since I was pretty much blitzing through bits and pieces in fast forward and was wondering why the fans were chanting "Jerry".
Looking back I think I noticed a point where Kane is clearly staring over at the announce table while waiting on the ring apron shortly after the grim point where you catch King in the act so to speak which was unsurprisingly uncomfortable to watch, Cole actually handled the commentary pretty well in the immediate aftermath.
Point is though I had no idea anything had happened until Cole announced it himself, yes this means I skipped ADR vs Kidd, hey I figured it was going to be a squash.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I keep forgetting how this works in the US

I think in the UK they can just get a live number from people (27m UK viewers watched the Olympic opening for example)

No, it is the same in the UK. There are a few thousand people with BARB boxes, which is enough to extrapolate to the rest of the country, apparently.

http://www.barb.co.uk/about/faq

Viewing estimates are obtained from a panel of television owning households representing the viewing behaviour of the 26+ million households within the UK. The reporting panel of 5,100 homes is selected to be representative of each ITV and BBC region. The service covers viewing within private households only.

Anyone else find this guy really annoying at times?

Just honestly speaking.

Yes, mein gott, yes.

I'm launching a mod-supported crusade to have anything to with 'Best & Worst' and/or Brandon Stroud banned from this thread.

If some lowly drive-by poster that isn't even here anymore can get The Observer banned, just imagine what a top Wrasslegaffer like myself can do.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I look forward to his reports.
At times I do, but he can really over think things, as well.

Also, I didn't really like how he started the piece with "I hate Jerry Lawler". He made it clear that he hopes Jerry gets better, but this just seemed like an inappropriate time to give a critique of Jerry's career and why you find him annoying.

Yes, mein gott, yes.

I'm launching a mod-supported crusade to have anything to with 'Best & Worst' and/or Brandon Stroud banned from this thread.

If some lowly drive-by poster that isn't even here anymore can get The Observer banned, just imagine what a top Wrasslegaffer like myself can do.
Mein gott, indeed!

I appreciate him not buttering up on Lawler love since he's made no effort to hide his dislike in the past, it would just come across as forced and fake.
His articles are enjoyable even if his opinion tend to clash with my own on some wrestlers and that leads to them just instantly getting "bad" segments just because, fortunately his GF has turned him in favour of Kane which has been an enjoyable saga to witness.

Sorry Aiii, I don't mean to be a jerk.

Hell, I used to post that column here too. Back then it was just a funny recap/review of a tv show. Now it's a column about living a vegan lifestyle, his girlfriend Destiny (did you know he has a girlfriend and her name is Destiny? He hardly ever mentions her in his column so I could understand if you missed this), and being surprised when Raw isn't politically correct.

I used to read the whole thing. Then I'd just skip to the parts that were still like the old column, then I'd just read the titles, then I didn't want to give this guy any clicks.

Don't give this guy clicks.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hey, hey, hey.

Look, I'll go with a bit of bashing of the piece, but I will not tolerate any besmirching of the good name of Destiny!

She is a guiding light with superb taste! We can all learn from her.

1998-2001 Kane > 2010 Champion Run Kane > 2012 Kane > late 2003-2005 unmasked Kane > 2002-2003 half mask Kane > Bald jobber Kane (mostly 2006-2010, also 2011 after title run)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
1998-2001 Kane > 2010 Champion Run Kane > 2012 Kane > late 2003-2005 unmasked Kane > 2002-2003 half mask Kane > Bald jobber Kane (mostly 2006-2010, also 2011 after title run)
I agree, except in the last instant. 2006-2010 Kane is better than 2002-2003 half masked Kane. After HHH killed his title hopes, Kane stopped caring and hit his career low point, match wise and everything. His tag teaming with RVD was so lackluster, and it didn't help that RVD didn't care either. Kane's unmasking reinvigorated him.

You are nuts. Kane sitting on a stool, with red mood lighting, giving a nonsensical promo for 10 minutes is what you consider to be his second best era? Despite what Daniel Bryan fans will tell you, airtime ≠ success. Man, even after a nearly a solid year of SoulPlaya drilling Kane Facts® into my brain, I can't recall anything between 2000-2010 but I know enough to say that 2010 Champion run is not his second best. Give the guy some credit, he doesn't suck that bad.

Top Bottom