• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did you guys know that this is what Kane was supposed to look like when he first unmasked, before they had him shave it all off?

Kane-2003.jpg

The hair on Kane's mask looks so fake. Like, bad fake. Not quite Fake Kane's wig bad, but at least as bad as the wig Kane had on when he unmasked the first time. Maybe worse. At least that wig matched his actual hair color and was curly. It looks hilarious. I think he and Taker went to the same wig place. But Taker's wig was straight up luxurious.

Also, Kane should have a mountain man beard. He's a monster, god damn it. He shouldn't waste time shaving.

I haven't noticed. I think his mouth should be covered up and he should go back to not speaking or using that voice box thing. Alternatively he can comunicate with a form of sign language that only Daniel Bryan understands and then he would relay Kane's messages. Kind of like that movie, Congo.

I will say that Kane's hair whipping action is a lot smoother than Undertaker's hood removal mechanics.

Kane.

jmdajr

I like it, man he is loco...you.know

Brock said so.... Harm could like crush a hummer or something....those real ones.

Fuch he is tougjh

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I haven't noticed. I think his mouth should be covered up and he should go back to not speaking or using that voice box thing. Alternatively he can comunicate with a form of sign language that only Daniel Bryan understands and then he would relay Kane's messages. Kind of like that movie, Congo.

I will say that Kane's hair whipping action is a lot smoother than Undertaker's hood removal mechanics.

Kane.
He learned the hair whipping from Nash, lol. Jim Cornette talked about how he taught Glen how to do it when he was Fake Diesel.

Kane.

I like it, man he is loco...you.know

Brock said so.... Harm could like crush a hummer or something....those real ones.

Fuch he is tougjh
"Taking Kane's arm down was like trying to take down a tree."-Brock

Kane.

jmdajr

Man..i.gotta sleep.

Hope i dream.of somerhinng cool.like.being.in.the mega powers. But with Kane and Taker instead...and rhen we would fight.over Lita, or steph..or both. Fuck.it.both. lets just fuck.the whole.thing up for two broadz.. god damn.kanes handshake
Night all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man..i.gotta sleep.

Hope i dream.of somerhinng cool.like.being.in.the mega powers. But with Kane and Taker instead...and rhen we would fight.over Lita, or steph..or both. Fuck.it.both. lets just fuck.the whole.thing up for two broadz.. god damn.kanes handshake
Night all.
This needs to be in next month's OP.

The man is having the right kind of dreams. Divas & Kane.

In honor of totally owning 2 butterballs in one night.
I nominate this week to be
http://i.imgur.com/Xv7ap.gif[IMG]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1yo8xVR4LU"]CODY RHODES WEEK[/URL]
[/QUOTE]

You need to have Dashing Cody Rhodes version of the theme.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZLwVPakzwM[/url]

But really, only the first 10 seconds is good.

Kane.

Smackdown spoilers

Dark match
Roman Reigns (Joe Anoa'i) b Heath Slater
Slater got some cheap heat by singing "Born in the USA" before the match. It didn't really work.

Saturday Morning Slam
Santino received a very good pop.

Rey Misterio b Michael McGillicutty
Huge pop for Rey. Fun match, with a few comedy spots to start the match. Misterio won with his Diving Splash.

Superstars
Natalya b Alicia Fox
People went nuts for Natalya's entrance, thinking it was Bret's!!! Natalya won with a Sharpshooter.

Cody Rhodes b Zack Ryder
Rhodes won with the Cross Rhodes. Good match and surely the main-event of Superstars.

Smackdown
Michael Cole made his entrance, not as booed as usually. After he sat down at his table, there were a few "Jerry" chants.

He still looks pretty shaken up, which is normal if you ask me.

Just after Lilian Garcia said that Smackdown was about to start, there were louder "Jerry" chants.

Very few signs for The King, but then again, there's not a lot of signs here tonight compared to Montreal.

You got some "Get well soon King", I've seen an "I love you Jerry", but I don't know if there is 10 signs for Jerry.

Smackdown!
Alberto Del Rio came to the ring with Riccardo Rodriguez and David Otunga. They replayed the Sheamus/Otunga video from Raw as well as the end of their match.

They showed the clip where Sheamus hit his brogue kick on Chritian at the same time last year. Otunga talked to Christian who's via satellite. Then Daniel Bryan came to the ring and was mad at Sheamus. Then Sheamus got to to the ring. The segment ended up with Sheamus attacking Otunga by removing his neckbrace.

The segment went for 15 long minutes and didn't get nowhere and people didn't really reacted to it. Bryan got some heat and some "Goat face" chants. Sheamus got a good pop, but that's pretty much it. Still don't know why I should buy the PPV on Sunday with that segment, since Sheamus barely interacted with Del Rio. He did more interacting with Bryan since they are wrestling tonight.

The Miz b Sin Cara
Botched spot from Sin Cara as he was trying to climbed to the 3rd rope from the inside of the ring. On two other occasions, there were near botched spots. Sin Cara won with a school boy. Very sloppy match. I hope they will edit it for TV.

They showed the recap of Daniel Bryan/Kane anger management classes. They showed footage from Bryan/Kane tag matches from Raw. They did a good job not showing footage of the crowd looking at what was going on with Lawler.

New anger management class where the therapy teacher gave both guys a stress ball saying "you both have balls" and making them squeez them. Kane then told Bryan that his ball was bigger than Bryan's. Funny stuff as it was throughout that angle.

Promo backstage with The Miz, Rhodes, Misterio and Sin Cara. Every guy wanted a shot at the IC title. Miz said he could beat them all. Teddy Long got in and called a Fatal-4 way for Sunday. And that was your build-up!

Kane b Kofi Kington in a very short match with a chokeslam.

The teacher is there live and didn't seem happy at Kane. Kane got Kingston in a chokeslam again, but ended hugging him. Crowd reacted well to that.

Randy Orton b Lord Tensai
Orton got a very good pop. Orton kicked out of the A-Bomb at mid-match. He ended winning with the RKO.

Vickie Guerrero came to talk to Orton. Boy was she over. Biggest heel of the night by far. Ziggler tried to attack Orton from behind, but Orton turned around and abort Ziggler and Vickie's plan.

Antonio Cesaro came to the ring with Oksana saying he was outraged that the winner of a battle royal would get a shot at his title. He actually said the word outrage in 5 different language even if the French version of it was not audible enough to know if it was well said or nor!!

Tyson Kidd came and said that he's going to be the next US champion "Eh!". Cesaro threw him out of the ring. Brodus Clay came and shoulder tackle the champion who took the powder. The segment ended with Brodus and Tyson dancing.

Kaitlyn b Beth Phoenix
No heat during the match. Both girls didn't work their crowd at all.

Promo between Eve Torres, Booker T and Teddy Long. I don't know what was the point of it besides having Long and Booker trying to shake hands where one was giving a handshake and the other one a fist pump. They went back and forth with this until Eve left the room.

Sheamus b Daniel Bryan
The match was build on the Titantrom as a Wrestlemania 28 rematch. Just before the match started, they showed their Mania with AJ's kiss-of-death.
Sheamus won with the Cloverleaf. Ok match. Nothing wrong, nothing great.

Right after the match, Cole left the booth. Matthews followed soon after. I don't think Cole wanted to have to interact with anyone tonight and rightfully so.

Dark main-event
Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio w/Rodriguez
The finish saw Del Rio, who was about to hit Sheamus, who ducked, so Del Rio hit his manager. Sheamus put his Cloverleaf on Del Rio and that was it.

Laserfrog

I just finished reading Forrest Gump and unlike in the film he has a wrestling career as The Dunce and wrestles someone called The Turd who's dressed up as a big ol' poo. He's doing good and becoming a big draw but Lieutenant Dan ruins it all by telling Gump to bet all his wrestling money on him to win the next match, even though he's not booked to win. But Gump goes onto lose anyway and loses all of that money.

He also goes into space and has a orangutan named Sue.

He also forms a friendship with Glen Jacobs.

Kane

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just finished reading Forrest Gump and unlike in the film he has a wrestling career as The Dunce and wrestles someone called The Turd who's dressed up as a big ol' poo. He's doing good and becoming a big draw but Lieutenant Dan ruins it all by telling Gump to bet all his wrestling money on him to win the next match, even though he's not booked to win. But Gump goes onto lose anyway and loses all of that money.

He also goes into space and has a orangutan named Sue.

He also forms a friendship with Glen Jacobs.

Kane
Tom Hanks once said that Gump's friendship with GGG made him break down in tears, and he knew that no matter what he had to make a movie about the story. However, he realized that he wasn't a good enough actor to convey the significance of the friendship so he decided to scrap that aspect of the film.

Kane.

I don't understand why someone who's held the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship would be competing for (or holding in Miz's case) the Intercontinental or U.S. championships. Did this happen in the past?

Kane.
Triple H competed for the IC title when he was teaming with Austin. And Jericho, of course.

Kane.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shawn Michaels won the European title after the WWF World Championship in order to become the first "Grand Slam" champion

He made fun of it the entire time though. I wish I could find the promo, but he goes 'Thankfully, it won't be for the European title' and runs his hand over his head and goes 'phew!'

Here it is

He made fun of it the entire time though. I wish I could find the promo, but he goes 'Thankfully, it won't be for the European title' and runs his hand over his head and goes 'phew!'

Oh I know, it was mostly just to get heel heat from the UK crowd, then it became a real thing.

I think you're missing something form the end of your post. Come on, Persp. You know you want to.

Kane.

Kane was the third grand slam champion.

Kane

strobogo

Banned
Soul, there is no way that is mostly Kane's real hair. His hair couldn't have grown that fast, and his hair isn't that color and is much curlier. You should know this, as a Kanenite. That's the same hair he had when he came back with the mask. He might be growing his hair back out, but there is no way it is even close to that yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While looking up great Cody matches, I've come to the realization that Cody's only had good matches with a select few. It's mostly because he's been heel so long and most of their best wrestlers are heels.

Like, he's never wrestled Punk, Ziggler, he's only wrestled Bryan once. Most of his best matches were with Rey. He never got to have a proper match with Goldust either.

Update on Lawler from Brian Christopher:

Ok, here’s the latest real update. Lauren and I are here at the hospital in Montreal. He does not look good at all. He is responsive to questions that he is asked which is very good. His sedation and breathing support are being lowered slowly right now. He was shocked a total of 7 times at the arena and underwent a balloon stint to open up a clogged artery when he arrived at hospital. Everyone out there needs to say a special prayer for his brain at this point, please. Tests on his brain will not be available until the morning. One of us two will keep all you guys informed as we know more

Sad to know Lawler probably won't be announcing anymore. Sure some of his work has been poor recently, but him and JR were an amazing tandem. He'll definitely be missed.

After hearing about Lawler's collapse and how Michael Cole was quite during the match, I was worried. At least he's alright.

Yeah at sounds like he is out of the danger zone which is good but I really hope he doesn't have any serious brain damage.

I try not to trust every report. Who knows how much speculation and hearsay would happen backstage while all this was happening but it sounds like stuff like him being out for 20 minutes was true.

Good on the talent for continuing the show as well as they did even though you could tell some of them where clearly shaken up. It must have been really stressful for everyone backstage.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Can anyone explain to me exactly what happened to Tom Magee? I keep finding stories about how he was the golden boy, the heir apparent to Hulk Hogan, the chosen one of Vince, and many other things, and then just "he failed".

Is there anything more to the story then that?

tm24

Can anyone explain to me exactly what happened to Tom Magee? I keep finding stories about how he was the golden boy, the heir apparent to Hulk Hogan, the chosen one of Vince, and many other things, and then just "he failed".

According to this story, Bret more or less carried a broom to a 5 star match

Jamie OD

He was trained by Bret Hart and was very athletic but in truth was a horrible wrestler. Bret did what has been called one of the greatest carry jobs in the history of wrestling when he put over Magee on a house show and that match convinced Vince that Magee was the next big thing. Once Vince found out that the guy was rubbish without Bret to carry him, he got rid of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zYfaTBLk0

This match was voted the Worst Match Of The Year in the 1988 Wrestling Observer Awards.

Top Bottom