• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
PLEASE ANYONE BUT KOFI

god damn I can't take any more Kofi matches. They're all the same.

I think Kofi would benefit from a character revamp, even though he fills a particular slot currently that nobody else does.

Aiii

So not worth it
I actually think Bryan and Kane will lose this Sunday, so they can keep building the anger between them. They'll probably have them win the tag titles on a random RAW or something.

Nah, doubt it. They made the snap descision to put them in this match after giving PTP the shot last week. They want to rebuild the division as well, what better way then to give them to two of your top performers. Whoever beats them for the titles in a month or three is gonna look like a million bucks.

Kyoufu

I think Kofi would benefit from a character revamp, even though he fills a particular slot currently that nobody else does.

I said this like 2 years ago.

Damn Orton, he ruined Kofi.

Kofi doesn't even get any storylines or promo time. :/

Oh and Orton is at his best when he's a heel. I want him to turn after he jobs to Punk in a clean match.

I'm funny

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I said this like 2 years ago.

Damn Orton, he ruined Kofi.

Kofi doesn't even get any storylines or promo time. :/

He had his chance, but "stupid stupid stupid!" ruined it. I don't know what he should do INSTEAD, and unfortunately it's all about merchandising, so we won't see a change. Vanilla face for life.

We'll never know, until Vince decides "I don't need to sell anymore "Boom Boom Boom" shirts."

Do those shirts even sell that much?
He could probably adapt to a heel, I mean look at his tag team partner for a great example of how a long time face into heel character transformation can work wonders for a wrestler, given an actual angle and character to work with I imagine most of the roster could see better success.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do those shirts even sell that much?
He could probably adapt to a heel, I mean look at his tag team partner for a great example of how a long time face into heel character transformation can work wonders for a wrestler, given an actual angle and character to work with I imagine most of the roster could see better success.

They sell really well in the Small section. He's for the childrens.

Damn kids, ruining my Kofi potential, hang on, if he's that down with the kids then where is the super Cena push of blandness? or maybe he's the midcard Cena, an eternal face who always battles for the belts with a big old grin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kofi does very basic shit a couple feet higher than everyone else.

That said... I sort of like him.

You woke up in a badman place
You no safe you could run for days
You can't get away
I bring relief for sorrow and pain
You should of never tried get in my face

Aiii

So not worth it
imagepei.jpg

This feud needs to happen... Soon!

I finally got around to watching Triplemania XX last night. I rarely watch lucha libre, so I had no idea what to expect; but I wasn't expecting everything to take as long to start as they did. The entrances, the post-match celebrations, pretty much everything but the actual matches took 5-10 minutes longer that I anticipated.

I enjoyed it though. I thought the cage match and the last match of the night were the most notable parts of the show. Well, aside from La Parka re-enacting 'Thriller' during his entrance. Fun stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got around to watching Triplemania XX last night. I rarely watch lucha libre, so I had no idea what to expect; but I wasn't expecting everything to take as long to start as they did. The entrances, the post-match celebrations, pretty much everything but the actual matches took 5-10 minutes longer that I anticipated.

I enjoyed it though. I thought the cage match and the last match of the night were the most notable parts of the show. Well, aside from La Parka re-enacting 'Thriller' during his entrance. Fun stuff.

I haven't finished it yet, but I've been through Part 1 and half of Part 2. So far it's really fun. I like how there's an established culture people work with, instead of bullshit motivations.

I haven't finished it yet, but I've been through Part 1 and half of Part 2. So far it's really fun. I like how there's an established culture people work with, instead of bullshit motivations.

I agree, and I like that things seem to be more straightforward. I enjoyed the ceremonies that they had during the show as well; I feel like I learned a bit more about AAA despite the fact that I could only get a vague idea of what was being discussed, thanks to my ever-faltering understanding of Spanish.

Late on the good Lawler news, but thank the heavens there's no brain damage.

And is it safe to say that Jerry's health scare was caused not by wrestling, but from his flight from Aruba?

McNei1y

Orton definitely needs to become a heel again. That way, someone like Kofi can start wrestling in the higher tier again. I'm also looking forward to Ziggler actually getting his shot when he uses the case. I'm tired of this Sheamus/ADR feud. Throw someone else into the mix!

Speaking of which, I think the Ziggler and Orton match will be one of the best this weekend.

Also, Kane and Bryan are perfect to win the belts and make them relevant again.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wow, I just realized that if Kane & Bryan win the tag titles, then Kane will be a 12x tag champion with 7 different tag partners.

tm24

I agree, and I like that things seem to be more straightforward. I enjoyed the ceremonies that they had during the show as well; I feel like I learned a bit more about AAA despite the fact that I could only get a vague idea of what was being discussed, thanks to my ever-faltering understanding of Spanish.

Glad you guys are enjoying Triplemania. The next big lucha show is CMLL's anniversary show, which is headlined by Rush vs Terrible in a hair vs hair and Rey Cometa vs Puma King in a mask vs mask. The main event should be won by Terrible since Terrible beat Tanahashi and Rush lost to him, but hopefully Rush makes the match interesting and CMLL will finally turn him heel, since he acts and looks like an incredible douchebag and its amazing

As for AAA, their next big show is Heroes Inmortales on October 8. So far scheduled is a domed cage match between the Bizarros, Jack Evans, and Perros del Mal. Jeff Jarrett's return and Abyss & Chessman defend the tag team titles against the team of Vampiro and Joe Lider.

Top Bottom