• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

hertog

Smackdown spoilers

Sheamus b Daniel Bryan
The match was build on the Titantrom as a Wrestlemania 28 rematch. Just before the match started, they showed their Mania with AJ's kiss-of-death.
Sheamus won with the Cloverleaf. Ok match. Nothing wrong, nothing great.

I hate you Sheamus, I really do

hertog

Well second week of not watching RAW and I completely forgot it existed.
Just youtube'd the Bryan/Kane sketch and I'm following the really bad news about Lawler.

Looking at the SD! spoilers, I'm happy that I haven't seen one since wrestlemania.

Kyoufu

Well second week of not watching RAW and I completely forgot it existed.
Just youtube'd the Bryan/Kane sketch and I'm following the really bad news about Lawler.

Looking at the SD! spoilers, I'm happy that I haven't seen one since wrestlemania.

Your negativity is giving me cancer.

"I never watch it, but it sucks anyways" is always great reasoning in my book. We need more opinions like this.

He's just saving the 5 hours it would take to watch the shows and come here to post the same thing.

I call that being smart. Good on hertog for showing some initiative.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey, I'm good with him choosing to not watch something he doesn't enjoy. Good on him.

But then come here and inform us how much it sucks? Don't really see the point.

Hey, I'm good with him choosing to not watch something he doesn't enjoy. Good on him.

But then come here and inform us how much it sucks? Don't really see the point.

The point was to provide a thorough, insightful, and truthful review, which I believe he succeeded at using an innovative new "not watching" technique. Brilliant.

It seems we're at an impasse. I suggest you back down and move on. You don't want this.

It was great just to see Kane being so dominant and whooping Taker at every turn. It was like catharsis for a Kane fan after so many years of the opposite.
Pretty much, to think it only took like a whole decade.

Seeing Taker get his ass beat over and over again was amazing.

Betrayals, buried alive, getting slapped silly.
Blinded by mystical urn light, burial assistance from my number 2 guy Wade Barrett which led to absolutely nothing because THE GAME-UH had to hog the spotlight.

The hair on Kane's mask looks so fake. Like, bad fake. Not quite Fake Kane's wig bad, but at least as bad as the wig Kane had on when he unmasked the first time. Maybe worse. At least that wig matched his actual hair color and was curly. It looks hilarious. I think he and Taker went to the same wig place. But Taker's wig was straight up luxurious.

Also, Kane should have a mountain man beard. He's a monster, god damn it. He shouldn't waste time shaving.
in 1998 Kane would sometimes get these wigs with really fuzzy curls on them that fluffed out during the matches, it was quite the sight.

Hey, Owl!

SD! spoiler:
Kane defeated Kofi Kingston with a chokeslam. Kane hugged Kofi before the match.
Those guys with 4 letter names beginning with K have to stick together

Alright SoulPlaya, as promised:

phototdubm.jpg
You followed through on your promise, I am proud of you.

Still waiting on you Sunflower (nah, i'm not).

Some new pro-wrestling goodness, including the huge New Japan Last Rebellion show, some great Dragon Gate matches from the Kobe Wrestling Festival & Ryuji Yamakawa's retirement match;

NJPW, "LAST REBELLION" 07/29/12
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,040 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

01. Captain New Japan & KUSHIDA vs Jado & Gedo

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgauu

02. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Wataru Inoue vs Ryusuke Taguchi, BUSHI & Tama Tonga

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgazv

03. Karl Anderson, MVP, Shelton Benjamin & Rush vs Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgb9c

04. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Yuji Nagata vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgbm5

05. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgbvf

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

06. Low Ki (c) vs Kota Ibushi

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgcn7

NWA WORLD HISTORIC MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE;

07. Prince Devitt (c) vs Volador Jr.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgdip

DRAGON GATE KOBE PRO-WRESTLING FESTIVAL, 07.22.2012
Kobe World Hall
9,500 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

STREET FIGHT;

03. Atsushi Onita & 'Hollywood' Stalker Ichikawa vs Kzy & Mondai Ryu

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtfwnt

OPEN THE BRAVE GATE TITLE MATCH;

04. Dragon Kid (c) vs Ricochet

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtfxp2

OPEN THE TWIN GATE UNIFIED TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

05. Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora vs Shingo Takagi & YAMATO

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtfy34

OPEN THE TRIANGLE GATE 3-WAY TITLE MATCH;

06. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & PAC (c) vs BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong & Fake Naoki Tanizaki vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fuji & GAMMA

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtfy6u

OPEN THE DREAM GATE TITLE MATCH;

07. CIMA (c) vs Akira Tozawa

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtfyqz

BJW "RYUJI YAMAKAWA RETIREMENT THE FINAL", 07.15.2012
Sapporo Teisen Hall
1,081 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

RYUJI YAMAKAWA RETIREMENT ~ LIGHT-TUBES & NAIL-BOARD DEATH MATCH;

07. Abdullah Kobayashi, Ryuji Ito & Ryuji Yamakawa vs 'Black Angel' Jaki Numazawa, Kankuro Hoshino & Shadow WX

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xthgv3

Cool send off for Yamakawa there. He was always one of my favourites when I was starting to get into Big Japan 12 years or so back. Definitely check out the Jr. Heavyweight & NWA Welterweight title matches from the NJPW, and CIMA vs Tozawa from the Dragon Gate event.

Aiii

So not worth it
The point was to provide a thorough, insightful, and truthful review, which I believe he succeeded at using an innovative new "not watching" technique. Brilliant.

It seems we're at an impasse. I suggest you back down and move on. You don't want this.

The only way to solve this is a Chicago Street Fight I fear, I'll make sure to bring my streetiest jeans!

Hoarr

Neo Member
Anyone else find this guy really annoying at times?

Just honestly speaking.

I think his weekly thing is fine, but I rarely read them due to watching my RAWs a week late after they air. However, I will agree that he does have a bit of a priggish manner about himself. In fact, I was surprised to find out that this annoying guy I sat nearby at an ACW event was actually Brandon himself.

A combination of that and watching him give a wrestling history lesson on Twitter about who originally came up with the poison-mist was nauseating enough to just ignore his stuff from that point on.

Entropia

No One Remembers
He was trained by Bret Hart and was very athletic but in truth was a horrible wrestler. Bret did what has been called one of the greatest carry jobs in the history of wrestling when he put over Magee on a house show and that match convinced Vince that Magee was the next big thing. Once Vince found out that the guy was rubbish without Bret to carry him, he got rid of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zYfaTBLk0

This match was voted the Worst Match Of The Year in the 1988 Wrestling Observer Awards.

Good god, I skipped through parts of the video and... jesus. He comes across as making fun of wrestling by the blatant non-contact he's making.

Kyoufu

He was trained by Bret Hart and was very athletic but in truth was a horrible wrestler. Bret did what has been called one of the greatest carry jobs in the history of wrestling when he put over Magee on a house show and that match convinced Vince that Magee was the next big thing. Once Vince found out that the guy was rubbish without Bret to carry him, he got rid of him.

This match was voted the Worst Match Of The Year in the 1988 Wrestling Observer Awards.

WTF did I just watch? :lol

I love the "Future WWE Champion" comment :lol :lol

DKehoe

There is footage of the match but WWE won't release it. I remember hearing Colt Cabana saying that while you are with WWE you can put in requests and they will send pretty much any match you want on a DVD. He said the Hart/Magee match was the only one they wouldn't let him see.

Entropia

No One Remembers
There is footage of the match but WWE won't release it. I remember hearing Colt Cabana saying that while you are with WWE you can put in requests and they will send pretty much any match you want on a DVD. He said the Hart/Magee match was the only one they wouldn't let him see.

That's interesting/cool. I guess it's so you can review other matches and have a lightbulb moment and maybe do a spot in one of the other matches.

jmdajr

Sad to know Lawler probably won't be announcing anymore. Sure some of his work has been poor recently, but him and JR were an amazing tandem. He'll definitely be missed.
Yeah he will be missed. Maybe his best work was behind him but I never had any reason to hate him.
Definitely wont be the same without him. What a run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So if Dean Ambrose doesn't debut on Saturday Slam or Smackdown, there are no more Dean Ambrose weeks.

I had a random thought, Kane and Bryan need a double team striking move with alternating Kane uppercuts and Bryan Kicks, Kane says yes with each uppercut causing Bryan to yell no with each kick as he often does but with more rage, in turn this enrages each other escalating the volume of yes/no and the impact of each strike that finally knocks the opponent down with a whopping YES uppercut leaving Bryan shaking his head at Kane muttering no and then they have a forced hug afterwards for crowd pop.
I demand to see this exact event at NoC.

And Sunflower, Batista comic, never forget, but I don't actually hold you to that, you're a busy man.
Any more community plans up your sleeves?

Aiii

So not worth it
Kane and Daniel Bryan pairing is just another step on Bryan's transformation to Chris Jericho btw. Big guy with wrestling darling team-up? Check.

That said, I love this team and Dr. Shelby should be at ringside for all their matches, smiling and shouting encouraging advise on friendship.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And Sunflower, Batista comic, never forget, but I don't actually hold you to that, you're a busy man.
Any more community plans up your sleeves?

AHA. I will make it on post-its since I'm at work.

Re: community plans, there's some cookin' but it does take a lot of coordination and effort to get em happenin'.

G-Fex telling the Observer that he'll never be back is brutal - we'll have to see what direction he takes with it before I commit to too much too soon. Love him or hate him, his Fed is one of the best things going. Or went. Or gone. Whatever. I miss you Fex. It's pretty nuts how much he actually had been up to. I can't believe he managed to get video of Yaya Han changing clothes. That's huge, even though I think her boobs are all wrong.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Soul, there is no way that is mostly Kane's real hair. His hair couldn't have grown that fast, and his hair isn't that color and is much curlier. You should know this, as a Kanenite. That's the same hair he had when he came back with the mask. He might be growing his hair back out, but there is no way it is even close to that yet.
The last time I saw him without extensions, his hair seemed pretty long, and that was months ago. You may be right, though.

Alright SoulPlaya, as promised:

phototdubm.jpg
Holy shit, this is hilarious, lol.

EDIT: BTW, Brian Christopher said that Lawler's CT scan came back good, and that he doesn't have brain damage.

Ultratech

Holy crap, they weren't kidding. That guy is crap.

Thank god.

This means Cody Rhodes week!

I can live with this.
*cue Smoke & Mirrors*

Aiii

So not worth it
Great news, I'm so happy for the guy.

Still think this is a great opportunity for retirement from all the travel and go on a legends deal. I still suspect Jim Ross' absense from the announce desk is as much his choice as it was WWE's and it's time for Lawler to take a step back and go on a legends deal as well.

Anyways, blogpost by JR:
What an amazing and unreal 24 hours it has been with the major heart attack suffered by my long time partner and friend Jerry Lawler live during Monday Night Raw. It feels like a bad dream but unfortunately it isn't.

I was watching Monday Night Raw as usual when fans at the arena began Tweeting that something was wrong with the King at the announce table. The more that I read these shocking Tweets the more helpless that I felt because I wasn't there in Montreal to help my dear friend.

Michael Cole's updates had me trembling.

For Jerry Lawler to be sick is highly unusual. Being a 62 year old man, the King has been as fit as any one that I've known. He wrestles several times a month on the indy circuit and still plays in his Memphis softball league on Wednesday nights. Jerry is also 'young at heart' which isn't new news.

Plus, my long time partner and traveling companion has never smoked, drank alcohol or been a drug user. In a rough and tumble business, Jerry Lawler has essentially been an iron man since the 70's.

But even self acclaimed 'Iron Men' aren't bullet proof even though many of us think that we are.

Trust me, we aren't.

I'm not sure what caused Jerry's heart attack but it could have been genetic, Jerry's Dad died of a heart attack at a young age, or something that has been brewing for a good while. I don't know. In any event, suffering a massive heart attack is obviously life changing.

I know of what I speak on this matter as I lost both my parents at the age of 64 of heart attacks one year a part. Heart ailments are equal opportunity killers that care not who they attack.

Neither of my parents were in a position when their heart attacks occurred to get the immediate medical help that was available to Jerry in Montreal. My Mom died in mere minutes while we were in London for a PPV and my Dad held on for a few hours before he could fight no more. For the record, Dad passed on the night that LOD returned to Monday Night Raw. Funny how one remembers info like this.

Based on the information that I have, Jerry was extremely lucky to have been at a WWE event when his attack occurred. The immediate care that the trained professionals provided Jerry likely saved his life.

I shutter to think what the outcome would have been if Jerry had been wrestling on one of the indy shows that he was often booked. Heck, even driving to the arena or sitting in a restaurant might have proven fatal based on the hand that The King was dealt in Montreal Monday evening.

The last report that I received is that Jerry was in stable condition and getting excellent cardio care in a Montreal hospital. All of Jerry's vital signs are stable according to WWE.com. This is the information that we need to hear at this time and is positive. Tomorrow is another day and, God willing, will be an even better day for The King.

It might be a few days before all the needed medical information on Jerry's condition is processed but because he got immediate care from WWE doctors and EMTS, the King of Memphis chances of recovering seems good.

I tweeted today @JRsBBQ that I have spent many hours since Monday night not only awake but thinking of all the hours that Jerry and I have spent together since the early 90's, the miles that we have traveled together, and the great times that we've shared.

I came to the conclusion that those times aren't memories but merely a prelude to the future where more memories will be made.

Jerry is a strong willed man who is amazingly active and competitive. I truly feel that he will battle through this recent challenge and come out healthier and even happier on the other side of his convalescence.

I say with all sincerity that I feel that Jerry and I have not taken our last road trip nor have we commentated our last match together. There's a Cracker Barrel in our future and another karaoke concert in the rental car where King sings with a British accent to a Beatles tune not to mention him bemoaning his beloved Cleveland sports teams, the Indians and the Browns.

Jerry Lawler was my most favorite broadcast partner of all time and his talent made me better. Compared to him, I was "brown shoes at a formal wedding."

But even better than our professional relationship and success, The King and I are true friends in a challenging profession where those are hard to come by.

Also, I want to say to all the talents who performed during Monday's ordeal that I am very, very proud of your professionalism.

There aren't adequate words to express the stellar job that Michael Cole did sitting at the broadcast desk that can be, from my own experience, extremely challenging to navigate on live TV during catastrophic moments such as Monday night.

For men like Bret Hart, CM Punk and John Cena to deliver as they did in the final segment of Monday Night Raw was nothing short of extraordinary. I am proud of each man and the entire WWE team for responding in the face of immense adversity that faced them in Montreal.

Get well soon Jerry.

JR

Aiii

So not worth it
More hyped for this one then for SummerSlam actually. Some good matches on there. Looking forward to Kane and D-Bry winning the tag-titles and Punk vs Cena should be a great match (yes, great, there two matches last year were MotY contenders). Also very much looking forward to Ziggler cashing in (this better happen).

All in all it seems the b-show PPV's right after the big 4 are the ones to watch this year, so if you don't mind I'm already starting the hype for TLC 2012!

Kyoufu

More hyped for this one then for SummerSlam actually. Some good matches on there. Looking forward to Kane and D-Bry winning the tag-titles and Punk vs Cena should be a great match (yes, great, there two matches last year were MotY contenders). Also very much looking forward to Ziggler cashing in (this better happen).

All in all it seems the b-show PPV's right after the big 4 are the ones to watch this year, so if you don't mind I'm already starting the hype for TLC 2012!

The problem I have with Punk-Cena matches are the finishes. These two have great chemistry together but because Cena has to be protected Punk can't get a clean win over him, which is a shame as it would be the cherry on that cake. So we end up with wacky finishes like random old people interfering. :s

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The problem I have with Punk-Cena matches are the finishes. These two have great chemistry together but because Cena has to be protected Punk can't get a clean win over him, which is a shame as it would be the cherry on that cake.

If Tensai can do it, Punk can do it, dammit!

Renting, but it's alright. It's not the best, but it's not bad. It's fun.

Buhwah? What'd I do? I'm sorry, I didn't read back - what would you ask of me?

I got it on 360. Not a normal Tekken player though so if you're any good you'll totally beat me.

I plan on getting it soon. Probably gonna pick up the PS3 version. I'm terrible at fighting games not named Super Smash Bros. or Naruto: Genkito Ninja Taisen though.

Word. Got me TTT2 on the 360. Might get it on the PS3 later. I'm an awful Tekken player but it is time to learn.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I actually think Bryan and Kane will lose this Sunday, so they can keep building the anger between them. They'll probably have them win the tag titles on a random RAW or something.

BFIB

Hopefully its a good PPV.

I'd like to see Ziggler cash in his MITB after the World Title match and walk out champ.

Kyoufu

I actually think Bryan and Kane will lose this Sunday, so they can keep building the anger between them. They'll probably have them win the tag titles on a random RAW or something.

PLEASE ANYONE BUT KOFI

god damn I can't take any more Kofi matches. They're all the same.

The Angry Duo better win.

Top Bottom