• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

RBH

I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to be behind on wrestling for the next few years due to med school, so if I post something really old.........just smile and nod at me and carry on.

jmdajr

I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to be behind on wrestling for the next few years due to med school, so if I post something really old.........just smile and nod at me and carry on.

Fair enough. Good luck! Will you be practicing medicine with Soul Playa?

It's funny hearing Jericho opine HHH's career because he was one of the only people in the company that didn't go to HHH and Steph's wedding. Kane, Rob Van Dam, and Kurt Angle didn't go either. Dirtsheets were going wild with that one.

I wouldn't want Kane, RVD, or Kurt Angle at my wedding either.

Jericho makes some sense, I think the two of them only begrudgingly tolerate each other but I wouldn't expect Jericho to burn any bridges by saying anything negative about him in press (besides his book, but I feel that he really pared down his actual anger with Triple H a lot).

jmdajr

I wouldn't want Kane, RVD, or Kurt Angle at my wedding either.

Jericho makes some sense, I think the two of them only begrudgingly tolerate each other but I wouldn't expect Jericho to burn any bridges by saying anything negative about him in press (besides his book, but I feel that he really pared down his actual anger with Triple H a lot).
His last standing match against Trips is one of my all time favs. Shame it was not on his DVD.

Sid

Y2J was awesome,he just seems so disinterested now,i wish he could bring his original wwf character back especially like when he was the undisputed champ

Y2J was awesome,he just seems so disinterested now,i wish he could bring his original wwf character back especially like when he was the undisputed champ

The Y2J who was like a joke main eventer for 2-3 months, the one who was Stephanie's lackey in her big WM rivalry with HHH? The crowning glory of that Jericho run was basically him crying on the ramp at The Rock before the Royal Rumble because he was treated as a joke.

Revealing GM outfits for AJ please me...

tumblr_m9mz9ysZer1rahwdwo1_1280.jpg

Sid

The Y2J who was like a joke main eventer for 2-3 months, the one who was Stephanie's lackey in her big WM rivalry with HHH? The crowning glory of that Jericho run was basically him crying on the ramp at The Rock before the Royal Rumble because he was treated as a joke.
At least he was entertaining to watch

At least he was entertaining to watch

It's a tough call between chump champ Jericho and "Punk you are an alcoholic because you walked into a pub" Jericho.
I say we go for none of the above and take 2008 Jericho who reinvented himself as a great heel in his feud with HBK, now that to me is the best Jericho followed very closely by face Y2J of 1999-2001

The ongoing Jericho/Michaels feud was one of my favourite feuds of all time.

I think there was a great character hidden in his recent run, but they sort of gave it up. If he let his "Kofi Kingston is a chump because Chris Jericho was the guy who invented springboard moves" thing go on until he could play it totally bitter/angry it could have been something interesting.

Sid

It's a tough call between chump champ Jericho and "Punk you are an alcoholic because you walked into a pub" Jericho.
I say we go for none of the above and take 2008 Jericho who reinvented himself as a great heel in his feud with HBK, now that to me is the best Jericho followed very closely by face Y2J of 1999-2001
Yeah that was a good run too but truth be told for me one of the highlights of his undisputed champ reign was this entrance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1yrojmnsd8

Sokantish

I haven't accepted the fact that you have an excuse to stop watching NXT, I haven't watched it in like 3 weeks because of you. Or maybe I just missed your posts, that's possible too

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I haven't accepted the fact that you have an excuse to stop watching NXT, I haven't watched it in like 3 weeks because of you. Or maybe I just missed your posts, that's possible too

pick a time fool

I always found it kind of bleakly amusing that on the ladder match dvd to counter the idiotic and dangerous fan interference in the Eddie/RVD ladder match the footage opts to zoom in on none other than Benoit watching the match from the crowd, this of course being the last WWE dvd with Benoit intact. (or at least not heavily edited like in the Elimination Chamber DVD).

A classic WWE entrance blooper is Taker being blazed by his own pyro and then "wasting no time storming to the ring with purpose" as the commentary would say to cover up for an enraged and slightly burnt Undertaker, fastest deadman entrance in years.

Sokantish

My payment is him being able to watch my amazing
ly bad
Ryu skills. I did PM him that during the evening sometime this weekend would be good, because that's what you said would be good for you. So maybe he'll be here soon!

I'm gonna play a game of Madden now though.

strobogo

Banned
There were some bright spots though. Vampiro was being positioned to be a top guy in the company, and he really, really impressed me with consistency.

We either have really different taste in wrestling, or completely different memories. They did a shitty job of trying to make Vampiro a top guy by ripping off The Brood's blood bath and putting him in terrible gimmick matches with Sting. First, Sting always got the better of him and then they had the HUMAN TORCH match which was even more ridiculous than the Inferno Match. And it lasted like 3 minutes. Then he had that shitty feud with The Demon and had the Grave Yard match. His push to the main event was about as long and successful as Kidman's feud with Hulk Hogan.

The only good things running through 2000 were the rise of Booker T and Scott Steiner into the main events, and Lance Storm taking over the universe. And Booker had to suffer through half the year first. In a pretty short span of time they lost their mid card core with Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Dean, Saturn, Raven, nearly all of the luchadores besides Rey, Regal. In addition they lost Bret, Hogan stopped after BATB 2000, Goldberg was hurt for half the year and then had that terrible heel turn, DDP took a lot of 2000 off, Russo was all over the shows, the Harris Brothers had like 4 different pushes (all terrible), and you got left with such a huge vacuum of talent that they couldn't recover from. So you got Prince Iaukea, Disco, Buff, and the NBTs. Now, I liked the NBT, but most of them weren't good at that point and shouldn't have been in the positions they were. Your main event talent at that time consisted of Sid, Nash, Jarrett, and Sting.

The only likable mid card guys left were either turned heel (Kidman and Rey) or turned into something ridiculous (Rey as unmasked gangsta who wears overalls a lot). One of the few things I liked towards the end was the elevation of Hugh Morris. It's a shame it had to be in the MIA gimmick (which I also enjoyed), but he was really good and could have been a solid back bone had WCW continued. I'm still bummed that Bill Demott didn't get a shot in WWE, either as Hugh or as Bill the Cruiserweight killer.

WWE.Com's free full match of the day:

January 11, 1994 -- Bret Hart & Owen Hart vs. The Steiner Brothers

Gorilla Monsoon and Stan Lane on commentary

WWE is reading this thread! They supported Owen Hart Thursday, but they had a lot of stuff going on yesterday.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
My payment is him being able to watch my amazing
ly bad
Ryu skills. I did PM him that during the evening sometime this weekend would be good, because that's what you said would be good for you. So maybe he'll be here soon!

ok

Well i'm going to go play umvc3 til Smackdown or I get tired and take a nap. My profile has my xbl/gfw tag if you need to locate me while i'm not here

Guys, post more of the stuff that I want to read and less of the stuff I don't. It's not complicated.

I can't be expected to contribute, I can barely be aRsed to put any effort into this bitchy, whine-fest of a post.

Get it together, peasants ¡Pezzans!

Guys, post more of the stuff that I want to read and less of the stuff I don't. It's not complicated.

I can't be expected to contribute, I can barely be aRsed to put any effort into this bitchy, whine-fest of a post.

Get it together, peasants ¡Pezzans!

THIS PAGE WAS AWSHUM BEFORE YOU POSTED

STOP MAKING THIS COMMUNITY THREAD ABOUT THE COMMUNITY. POST VIDEOS AND SHUT UP AND TALK

Aiii

So not worth it
I love Damien Sandow. He is the best.

I hope he is in the main event by this time next year. Maybe he can win MITB or something.

THIS PAGE WAS AWSHUM BEFORE YOU POSTED

STOP MAKING THIS COMMUNITY THREAD ABOUT THE COMMUNITY. POST VIDEOS AND SHUT UP AND TALK

Dude, I think Frankman likes AJ's assets.

Remember when WWF would refer to women's asses as assets? Just reading that sentence makes me crack up, lol, "assets". Or was it referring to their breasts? Or both? Who knows.

ASSETS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We either have really different taste in wrestling, or completely different memories. They did a shitty job of trying to make Vampiro a top guy by ripping off The Brood's blood bath and putting him in terrible gimmick matches with Sting. First, Sting always got the better of him and then they had the HUMAN TORCH match which was even more ridiculous than the Inferno Match. And it lasted like 3 minutes. Then he had that shitty feud with The Demon and had the Grave Yard match. His push to the main event was about as long and successful as Kidman's feud with Hulk Hogan.

The only good things running through 2000 were the rise of Booker T and Scott Steiner into the main events, and Lance Storm taking over the universe. And Booker had to suffer through half the year first. In a pretty short span of time they lost their mid card core with Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Dean, Saturn, Raven, nearly all of the luchadores besides Rey, Regal. In addition they lost Bret, Hogan stopped after BATB 2000, Goldberg was hurt for half the year and then had that terrible heel turn, DDP took a lot of 2000 off, Russo was all over the shows, the Harris Brothers had like 4 different pushes (all terrible), and you got left with such a huge vacuum of talent that they couldn't recover from. So you got Prince Iaukea, Disco, Buff, and the NBTs. Now, I liked the NBT, but most of them weren't good at that point and shouldn't have been in the positions they were. Your main event talent at that time consisted of Sid, Nash, Jarrett, and Sting.

The only likable mid card guys left were either turned heel (Kidman and Rey) or turned into something ridiculous (Rey as unmasked gangsta who wears overalls a lot). One of the few things I liked towards the end was the elevation of Hugh Morris. It's a shame it had to be in the MIA gimmick (which I also enjoyed), but he was really good and could have been a solid back bone had WCW continued. I'm still bummed that Bill Demott didn't get a shot in WWE, either as Hugh or as Bill the Cruiserweight killer.

I think we might have both - but I distinctly remember Vampiro's main event push starting to shape in 2001, before the company folded and when EVERYTHING was bad. His feud with the Demon was bad...so bad. And the ICP stuff wasn't good either...nor the Misfits. Still, I thought he had a lot of talent and I enjoyed seeing him pretty much all the time.

The Filthy Animals were absolutely horrendous. ABSOLUTELY. And you might be the first person I met who liked MIA, because man that was bad (from my perspective) - so who knows! I'm also a confessed WCW mark, so that might not help.

I do remember Kidman/Hogan and how THAT turned out. :| As soon as Russo got on TV, that was the end.

https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/241649063634825216

Dolph ZigglerVerified
‏@HEELZiggler
#Smackdown Main Event TONITE 8pm SyFy MY biggest challenge yet, making Randy Bore-ton seem interesting 😏 @WWE

http://i.imgur.com/I1Ec3.gif[img][/QUOTE]

"My name..."

[B][U]>> EXCUSE ME!![/U][/B]

[I]I'm here to show the world, I'm here to show the world
(come on) BRING IT ON[/I]

(match)

(RKO outta nowhere)

"... is Randy Orton"

The WWE has gotten really strict with youtube videos lately.

It was inevitable with the network coming out and their increased presence of full matches on WWE.Com. They're probably going to do a huge sweep of YouTube before the Network launches to remove everything WWE related and then watch like hawks to keep anything from being uploaded. Major League Baseball is really good about this. NOTHING from MLB is available on YouTube virtually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was inevitable with the network coming out and their increased presence of full matches on WWE.Com. They're probably going to do a huge sweep of YouTube before the Network launches to remove everything WWE related and then watch like hawks to keep anything from being uploaded. Major League Baseball is really good about this. NOTHING from MLB is available on YouTube virtually.

They've been pillaging the WCW Archive at an average of 2 vids per week. :( My little project (that isn't legally mine!)

Top Bottom