• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

We need Thuganomics Tuesdays

or YOU CAN SUCK MY _______

Next Tuesday being about Thuganomics is what jobber prefers?

Can't wait, should be as fun as watching the San Antonio Spurs.

You'd let Tony Parker sleep with your wife?

We all know you ain't married, too busy playing with Cloud Strife

Know this before you think about coming after me and my sharp wit

2i700hseokfa.gif

ZeroRay

It was inevitable with the network coming out and their increased presence of full matches on WWE.Com. They're probably going to do a huge sweep of YouTube before the Network launches to remove everything WWE related and then watch like hawks to keep anything from being uploaded. Major League Baseball is really good about this. NOTHING from MLB is available on YouTube virtually.

What if...what if you combine wrestling with the MLB?

Next week should be damion sandow week. You unwashed masses could learn a thing or 2

Please allow me to beg your indulgence. Without ignoring the nobility of your proposal, I find it unfortunate that such a suggestion arose from an ignoramus lacking the basic knowledge of spelling or grammatical structure. “A man's grammar, like Caesar's wife, should not only be pure, but above suspicion of impurity.” Edgar Allen Poe. You are not alone to blame for your diminished mental faculties, as you represent a symptom of society's decay in appreciation for literacy.
Therefore I assert that as we enter this September we set ourselves to diminish the intellectual rot which is plaguing our community, instead choosing to promote Damien Sandow into eternity as he represents the pinnacle of brilliance and insight.
You're welcome.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I wouldn't want Kane, RVD, or Kurt Angle at my wedding either.

Jericho makes some sense, I think the two of them only begrudgingly tolerate each other but I wouldn't expect Jericho to burn any bridges by saying anything negative about him in press (besides his book, but I feel that he really pared down his actual anger with Triple H a lot).
Kane, RVD, and Jericho were the only ones with balls back then.

Although, it seems like HHH is trying to be nice to Kane these days (based on his comments). Keep trying to kiss Triple G's Big Red Ass, Hunter.

Is she challenging Layla to a dance off?

Auditioning for the new Funkadactyl position, she beats out Epileptic Eve as Punk would say.

Kane, RVD, and Jericho were the only ones with balls back then.

Although, it seems like HHH is trying to be nice to Kane these days (based on his comments). Keep trying to kiss Triple G's Big Red Ass, Hunter.

GGG > HHH
Alphabetically proven by earlier billing

I haven't watched nearly enough Hansen in Japan (Japansen) but reading this makes me want to see more. I've enjoyed him, and he could get some awesome heat back then - but I need more. MORE.

Oh man, I don't know where to begin - Stan had so many great moments in Japan, he really was on top for a good 12-15 years in All Japan, the go-to gaijin heel for everyone to feud with and a permanent fixture of the tag league, teaming with pretty much every major gaijin to come through the promotion. Here's a few of my favourites;

Stan Hansen vs Andre the Giant - (NJPW 09/23/81)

The beauty of this match is that from the get-go Stan takes the fight to Andre and just doesn't let up. Andre takes some big bumps for Hansen, but when he's in control it's amazing to see Andre just physically dominate a guy as big as Stan.

Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta (c) vs Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody - (AJPW 04/20/82)

After jumping ship to All Japan, Hansen straight away went after the patriarch of the company, Giant Baba, and just 2 days before Baba was scheduled to defend the PWF Title against him, he and Brody, the Super Beast Combination, challenge Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta for the NWA International Tag Titles in a great match that inevitably breaks down into a wild brawl.

Giant Baba (c) vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW 04/22/82)

While Baba wasn't in great shape, he was still the top star of the company along with Jumbo Tsuruta - this meant that a lot of guys would really oversell for Baba, whereas here Stan still sells, but never went overboard, and as a result gave Baba some of the best matches toward the end of his in-ring career.

Stan Hansen vs Terry Funk - (AJPW 04/14/83)

Ever since Hansen & Brody met the Funks in the Real World Tag League the previous year, the animosity between Hansen & Funk had been growing, and though they had a number of singles matches in '82 & '83, this is the best. A violent, crazy brawl, with Terry and Stan just beating the hell out of each other. Super fun.

Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy - (AJPW 08/31/83)

I'm pretty sure everyone's seen this, or at least Terry's post match speech - this is Terry's retirement match, and one of the best meetings between these two awesome teams.

Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy vs Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 12/16/88)

The Real World Tag League '88 final. I'm pretty sure this is one of the greatest damn tag matches ever. No, actually, I'm CERTAIN.

Stan Hansen (c) vs Mitsuharu Misawa - (AJPW 08/22/92)

Although Misawa had made waves by finally beating his mentor Giant Baba, it was this match that cemented him as THE top guy in All Japan. Tough, hard-hitting match, and that finish! The crowd goes utterly nuts.

Stan Hansen vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 02/28/93)

Although Kawada wasn't quite ready to topple the big man, this match went a long way to proving that, despite his size, Kawada could most definitely hang with the heavyweights. Brutal match, awesome finish and one of Stan's best LARIATOOO!!'s ever.

Stan Hansen vs Kenta Kobashi - (AJPW 08/15/93)

Again, Stan does wonders for a young star of All Japan, as he and Kobashi absolutely TEAR IT UP! Awesome match, great psychology as Stan brutalises the kid who just won't give up, while the crowd goes absolutely wild, willing Kobashi to win.

It's probably more of a case that he's learnt more on how to work with this feud with Jericho than from all the other people he's feuded with.

I'm going to guess that because Orton has had so many wellness policy violations, the locker room no longer fears disrespecting one of the former "top guys" anymore.

At least that's what I like to think in my head where I fantasize about the goings on of the WWE locker room and no one can tell me I'm wrong because I make the rules there.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So Sandow gets to go up against Sheamus already?

Sweet. I think WWE knows they have something good going here.

Htown

I don't understand why Smackdown hypes up Raw replays as "FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED! DID HHH RETIRE?"

Do... do they know how cable works?

People who have USA usually also have Syfy, guys.

They also put results up on WWE.com. There is no person on the planet who A)wants to know what happened on Raw and B)has no access to find out what happened on raw.

Htown

Bigger disappointment:

Lindsay Lohan after Mean Girls
or
CM Punk after Money in the Bank 2011

Ithil

Just finished watching this week's NXT, the main event to crown the NXT champ was awesome, great match with a really hot crowd. Rollins is big babyface potential forthe main roster. While he doesn't have any sort of deep character, he's great at getting the crowd behind him and fired up.

However, I do wonder when exactly he's going to the main roster. He just became champion in NXT, so you'd assume he's going to be there for another while at least, but it's not like he isn't ready. Management is evidently high on him, he's pretty much had the show's main event tooled around him, but I wonder if they're not sure what to do with him on a main roster stage, at least for introductions.

I would think it's a lot harder to debut a babyface. Heels can jump right in for cheap heat, have insulting promos, all that, but faces, ESPECIALLY in the WWE, don't have much character to make a huge first impression on the crowds (from video packages/promos etc).

I don't understand why Smackdown hypes up Raw replays as "FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED! DID HHH RETIRE?"

Do... do they know how cable works?

People who have USA usually also have Syfy, guys.

They also put results up on WWE.com. There is no person on the planet who A)wants to know what happened on Raw and B)has no access to find out what happened on raw.

It was weird when Smackdown was on UPN/My Network, too. Sometimes they'd recap RAW (which made sense, since a good chunk of Smackdown's audience didn't have cable) and sometimes they'd tease next week's episode of RAW (which made less sense, since, again, a good chunk of the audience didn't have cable, so it was like taunting them in a way) - I believe that they just keep the RAW recaps in because they need the filler.

strobogo

Banned
I think we might have both - but I distinctly remember Vampiro's main event push starting to shape in 2001, before the company folded and when EVERYTHING was bad. His feud with the Demon was bad...so bad. And the ICP stuff wasn't good either...nor the Misfits. Still, I thought he had a lot of talent and I enjoyed seeing him pretty much all the time.

The Filthy Animals were absolutely horrendous. ABSOLUTELY. And you might be the first person I met who liked MIA, because man that was bad (from my perspective) - so who knows! I'm also a confessed WCW mark, so that might not help.

I do remember Kidman/Hogan and how THAT turned out. :| As soon as Russo got on TV, that was the end.

Vamp was gone before 2001. Near the end of 2000, though. I'm pretty sure he got concussed by Mike Awesome like 3 times in a month or something and vanished.

tm24

OH man, today my least 2 favorite non-WWE heavyweights go at it for CMLL's Universal Championship. Tanahashi is the visiting foreign heel and Terrible is not Rush. I dont know who to cheer for

Also, in random only in lucha news, theres a card with John Cena Jr wrestling on it
http://www.elmanana.com.mx/notas.asp?id=300426

Ahí mismo actuará Dragón Fly y Ángel Galáctico en una difícil contienda ante John Cena Jr., quien tendrá como compañero a Escarlata Rojo.

translated

That same card features Galactic Dragon Fly and Angel in a difficult contest against John Cena Jr., who will partner with Scarlet Red.

Top Bottom