• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

So Cena wrestled on a bad Ankle last night,....

r600x600.jpg

Undertaker wrestling mankind in HIAC with a broken foot.

Man up Cena.

XenoRaven

I wonder when it happened. I bet it wouldn't have if he actually wore BOOTS. Yeah I said it.

You know how Undertaker becomes Super Undertaker at Wrestlemania and nothing you can do to him will make him lose? That's kinda like a Punk vs. Cena match on PPV. Punk did technically lose, but I'm glad he still looks so strong in the ring. I was really scared after he got his jaw jacked by two senior citizens leading up to this match.

I'll also say this. Maybe this will sound weird, but in retrospect, I REALLY like the ugly moonsault and German. It's like the guys threw everything they had at each other, then just had to start making shit up as they went along that they weren't comfortable with.

So Cena wrestled on a bad Ankle last night,....

r600x600.jpg

Seriously that's it? Wow. It's hardly purple and no deep reds, so there can't be much tissue damage.

I've played 90 minute football (SOCCER Y'ALL) with a purple grape sized ankle before. HUSTLE UP CENA.

Ah, I can't get mad, nothing can spoil Teamfriendship.

teamfriendship_zps99732dc7.png

strobogo

Banned
I wonder when it happened. I bet it wouldn't have if he actually wore BOOTS. Yeah I said it.

I don't understand guys wearing sneakers or amateur wrestling boots. Your feet take a lot of impact from general bumps and running around and whatnot. Sneakers and amateur wrestling shoes can't provide the stability and support to absorb those impacts. I'm amazed that there hasn't been a big up tick in feet and ankle injuries in the past decade or so of guys not wearing regular wrestling boots becoming so common.

Bowser

I don't understand guys wearing sneakers or amateur wrestling boots. Your feet take a lot of impact from general bumps and running around and whatnot. Sneakers and amateur wrestling shoes can't provide the stability and support to absorb those impacts. I'm amazed that there hasn't been a big up tick in feet and ankle injuries in the past decade or so of guys not wearing regular wrestling boots becoming so common.

Usually Cena's wearing hightop Nikes or Reeboks, I was floored that he decided to wear low-top sneakers. If I'm not mistaken, he was wearing the New Balance Minimus line which is supposed to mimic being barefoot. Just a flat out dumb move by Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know, I've skimmed past a lot of the Kane love on Wrassle-GAF for most of the year, mainly because I already knew Kane was a great wrestling character, but on a whim last night I started viewing a lot of storyline related material throughout Kane's career on youtube and I came to the conclusion that, well, Kane is fucking awesome.

Knows how to get the response he wants from the crowd, always seems to make the best out of every single angle he's been given and knows how to knock it out of the park when the Kane Cycle goes into effect so nobody is really angry when everything plays out.

Now I understand you, Wrassle-GAF.
*Sheds a tear*

Yes, yes, indeed.

Knowing WWE, probably a 20 year vet at FCW that never got called up to the main roster.

I sort of really hope that's true. He's been doing fine with the material so far and if he can bump then hopefully they'll let him be Zack-Ryder-in-a-wheelchair destroyed by the end of this storyline.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It feels weird to say that this may be one of the best years of his career but well here we are.
Kane in 2012?! Oh hell yeah.
Seriously. Even I'm impressed at how relevant he's managed to stay relevant in 2012. GGG is not afraid to change things up, and embrace what's been given to him while working with some fantastic younger talent.

I'll say this, I'd rather watch what Kane has done in 2012 than have to go through another Taker promo about the streak or something he did ten years ago, or another HHH promo about the "business" and what he's done for it.

Seriously. Even I'm impressed at how relevant he's managed to stay relevant in 2012. GGG is not afraid to change things up, and embrace what's been given to him while working with some fantastic younger talent.

I'll say this, I'd rather watch what Kane has done in 2012 than have to go through another Taker promo about the streak or something he did ten years ago, or another HHH promo about the "business" and what he's done for it.
This is unfair as Taker's had crummy promos since he returned to the Deadman gimmick and instead of regressing to the solid 1998/1999 Taker they threw him all the way back to the early nineties which involve a lot of silence, crapper theme music and superman booking half the time.
As much as I like Taker it's not hard to top those promo segments, in ring is another story of course but for all his praise he's basically fallen on overdone finisher fests for the last two years, by the way if anyone votes that end of an era Cell match as their match of the year here is a pre-emptive screw you.

Cm Punk 302+
Diesel 358

So close! You can do this Punk. Beat that hacks record!
Wait Diesel held the belt that long? damn that must have been the suckiest year that ever sucked for main events.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is unfair as Taker's had crummy promos since he returned to the Deadman gimmick and instead of regressing to the solid 1998/1999 Taker they threw him all the way back to the early nineties which involve a lot of silence, crapper theme music and superman booking half the time.
As much as I like Taker it's not hard to top those promo segments, in ring is another story of course but for all his praise he's basically fallen on overdone finisher fests for the last two years, by the way if anyone votes that end of an era Cell match as their match of the year here is a pre-emptive screw you.
Well, I didn't say I don't like Mark Calloway. I've said it before that his character since 2004 has been terrible and boring.

jmdajr

Wait Diesel held the belt that long? damn that must have been the suckiest year that ever sucked for main events.

Looking at the PPV history he didn't headline all of them, but sadly he main evented way more than Punk!

Well, I don't like Mark Calloway. I've said it before that his character since 2004 has been terrible and boring.
Something wrong with the man himself? is it because even at his ripe old age he gets to nail Michelle McCool?

Looking at the PPV history he didn't headline many of them, but sadly he main evented more than Punk!

It's that damn Clique I tell ya, on that note I finally watched the Shawn vs Bret documentary the other day, it was pretty good except that Shawn keeps going "ya know" to the point of madness, it would make for a lethal drinking game.

PPV was good. Main Event would have been one of the best of the year if the ending wasn't so wacky. Also the John Cena Audibles - when will he turn down his volume?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Something wrong with the man himself? is it because even at his ripe old age he gets to nail Michelle McCool?
HOLY FREUDIAN SLIPS!

I meant to say that I DO LIKE Mark Calloway. Well, sometimes his tendency to bury young talent can be frustrating, and I honestly think he gets more credit than he should for being a great wrestler, but I do like him, lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
PPV was good. Main Event would have been one of the best of the year if the ending wasn't so wacky. Also the John Cena Audibles - when will he turn down his volume?

"BUT MY DAD IS HERE"

Best retort to a draw.

Saw that, don't believe it. Saw the actor in fanboys, not the same guy imo. Besides, Shelby is older and half bald. This guy, full head of hair. Can't explain that.

Yeah I thought that too. They do look similar. Who knows. Regardless, he is great. Needs more Harold.

"Champions" is in fact a good song - I will admit that now. It fits the PPV at the very least.

The Here... We... Are... We... Are... The... Champ... E... Ons part is cool anyway.

It's half good.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
"As a wrestling superstar, I have lived a life people would be envious of. But in real, I’m a pretty private and boring person who is trying to enjoy life and be happy with family. My wife always wishes that I could spare more time back home. I work out almost five days a week and when I’m not doing that, I’m in the ring — I hardly get time to go home and spend time with them. But when I’m home, I just want to be there with my daughters all the time. I guess that’s the only challenge I face in playing Kane." -Kane

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...oring-person-wrestling-superstar-kane_1738750

Pretty honest assessment by Triple G.

I like how fast he sped out of the ring to grab the title after the match, if I was supposed to believe that Cena fudged up his pin due to exhaustion from the impact then they really screwed that one up.
Heh, it's still funny, to protect Cena from losing they made him botch his own pin as the twist, incredible in a way.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know his ankle was fucked right? I know it's not a broken ankle, or a broken freakin' neck, but it had to affect him somehow.

Dude, I flipped my ankle once and sprained it like that and spend the next five hours walking on it until it looked like his does, that deserves respect.

Top Bottom