• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Holy Wars

Banned
Anyone else hyped for RAW? I can't wait. I wanna jump in head first.

I'm always hyped for the Raw Supershow.

"John Cena suffered a left ankle injury early in the match with C.M. Punk. His ankle is badly swollen right now."

And it's a super show without super Cena wrestling!

Kyoufu

I'm always hyped for the Raw Supershow.

"John Cena suffered a left ankle injury early in the match with C.M. Punk. His ankle is badly swollen right now."

And it's a super show without super Cena wrestling!

I always thought it wasn't fair for them to wrestle after a PPV.

Aiii

So not worth it
Someone must gif the weird dance D-Brine was doing after the Gatorade thing. It was hilarious. He sold it like Rick Rude getting atomic dropped.

Actually, all of them were perfect after that. AJ's little whimpering squeel, Shelby's look and D-Bry, well, as you said. Perfect segment.

Kccitystar

You know, I've skimmed past a lot of the Kane love on Wrassle-GAF for most of the year, mainly because I already knew Kane was a great wrestling character, but on a whim last night I started viewing a lot of storyline related material throughout Kane's career on youtube and I came to the conclusion that, well, Kane is fucking awesome.

Knows how to get the response he wants from the crowd, always seems to make the best out of every single angle he's been given and knows how to knock it out of the park when the Kane Cycle goes into effect so nobody is really angry when everything plays out.

Now I understand you, Wrassle-GAF.

Couple of .gifs from last weekend's EVOLVE show - Davis turns heel and puts Gargano through a table;

ibbvD30VguLVoj.gif

And Samuray Del Sol being fucking AWESOME;

iuzJ5aQyKWkXb.gif

- Whooooooooo! Daniel Bryan is the tag team champions!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D YES! NO! YES!

- Kaitlyn ripped off. :( She was so close to having a PPV match. :( My awesome story was it was Layla or AJ or something that jumped her so they could frame good girl Eve but they'll just go with the obvious.

- Glad Punk walked away with the belt, now he can debut the new one tomorrow. Ending was really dumb though, like, I figured Cena was gonna win the whole time but to end like that (before the draw thing), man I was raging so hard. THAT?????? THAT IS HOW YOU END PUNK'S REIGN??????? THE WORST GERMAN SUPLEX IN HISTORY, WTTTTTF?

Thankfully it wasn't, I'm still salty they'll waste it on Cena eventually (now at HIAC prolly) instead of someone unexpected (Aries style?) but ah well, CM Champ rolls on. :D

- F**k you Orton.

- F**k you Sheamus.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

So pathetically stupid.

Normally I would say a finish like Cena/Punk would be dumb, because normally it would just sit there on its own and the involved parties wouldn't be able to make anything of it on the mic. But I trust Punk to turn this into a solid rant. Tonight is actually the defining moment of Punk's career, not last night. How much hay can he make out of a Dusty-ish Finish?

My GF called the 'his shoulders were pinned too though' thing as soon as it happened but I was too busy raging to listen lol.

Just assumed it was shitty Cena being shitty at moves and ugh allllll that Punk reign just for that finish????

Now she can brag.

The tag match so so glorious, the crowd was a million percent behind Team Friendship it was so awesome lol. Kofi does nothing but still usually gets the generic face jumping around pop from the crowd but they were loudly boo'ing him just cause they wanted Team Friendship to win so badly.

The hug, the pinfall, the crowd went nuts lol. So happy.

I recall you botching your foot.. How is that healing up?

The hole is more of a slot now, so it is healing. Still looks really tender where it is heeling though. The doc said I should wear an aircast boot until the start of October to take pressure of it when I walk, and let it heal, so I have that on for a few weeks now.

My Blood Pressure has apparently went up a bit, but the doc said that could just be me being mostly inactive for almost a whole month now.

I feel better overall.

Next PPV over a month away, that means for the first time since the WCW days, I've been watching wrestling for a full year with no breaks. :O

Vengeance was the only PPV I didn't watch last year, I refused to even acknowledge such a shit (even by WWE's standards) card.

So basically I killed Vengeance.

"You're welcome."

Another high point of the PPV, I got to like AJ again for the first time in months. :D I wish she'd ditch the GM shit and be Team Friendship's manager who gets angry trying to handle them being angry at each other all the time or something.

Even Doctor Shelby is good, the actor does really well not like laughing at the stuff going on or botching his timing/lines - it makes everything feel legit which is great.

Daniel Bryan is the best thing going.

McNei1y

Another high point of the PPV, I got to like AJ again for the first time in months. :D I wish she'd ditch the GM shit and be Team Friendship's manager who gets angry trying to handle them being angry at each other all the time or something.

Even Doctor Shelby is good, the actor does really well not like laughing at the stuff going on or botching his timing/lines - it makes everything feel legit which is great.

Daniel Bryan is the best thing going.

Agreed 100%

Anyone else hyped for RAW? I can't wait. I wanna jump in head first.
Me!

On a side note, during the Cena and Punk promo there were two really cool parts. I liked when they showed all the phases Punk has been through. Long hair Straight Edge better than you Punk, epic beard Savior Punk, blonde highlights Nexus leader Punk, hair slicked back pipe bomb Punk and now shaved head respect Punk. Crazy. The second part I liked was when he was saying he was he best wrestler/talker/technician etc. and getting in everyone's face. Pretty awesome.

Punk/Cena was a pretty good match, all credit to Cena for wrestling on a busted ankle. I'm really not a fan of the whole 'kick out of each others finisher' thing though, and despite the screwy finish, I liked the finishing spot. The Team Friendship stuff continues to be AMAZING, and while I dislike AJ as GM, she is great when interacting with Kane & Bryan.

i1izFbybnANdb.gif

ibfCarnXrp8gUi.gif

On a completely different tangent, here's a shot from Dick Togo's final match;

iS9YzAFOlF4ym.jpg

He retired in Japan for DDT & M-Pro last year, before heading off to spend a year wrestling in South America. His final match was an 8-man elimination tag which took place in Bolivia's Guanchilo Max promotion; "Halcón Dorado, Ajayu, Apocalipsis & Guerrero Ayer defeated Dick Togo, Antonio Honda, Daisuke Sasaki & Yasu Urano when Ajayu pinned Togo with the 450".

It looks like we're going to be good to go for King of Trios next weekend.

Awesome, can't wait to watch these shows - managed to go almost entirely spoiler free for once.

Kyoufu

Me!

On a side note, during the Cena and Punk promo there were two really cool parts. I liked when they showed all the phases Punk has been through. Long hair Straight Edge better than you Punk, epic beard Savior Punk, blonde highlights Nexus leader Punk, hair slicked back pipe bomb Punk and now shaved head respect Punk. Crazy. The second part I liked was when he was saying he was he best wrestler/talker/technician etc. and getting in everyone's face. Pretty awesome.

If there's one thing WWE knows how to do, it's promo videos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, can't wait to watch these shows - managed to go almost entirely spoiler free for once.

I'm not sure, but I think I was spoiled on the winning team. But it's one of those "was it really a spoiler, or an anti-spoiler?" kind of crap that happens...usually when someone spoils something on accident.

Kaladin

The following e-mail was just sent from Ring of Honor regarding the Death Before Dishonor iPPV:

Dear Fans,

We apologize greatly those that had issues with the internet pay per view on Saturday evening. The issue turned out to be that there was a glitch with the auto-switching between different quality streams in an effort to deliver the best possible stream to all viewers based on their internet speed. Because of the lack of incident at any of our staffed locations, and favorable technical reports, it became difficult to isolate the issue. Still, we were able to ultimately solve the problem and all viewers were able to watch the pay per view from that point onward.

In stopping the stream to rectify the issue, we were not able to save it as one file therefore right now, only the second half of the show is available as a replay. The full show will be up as soon as it can be rendered into one file.

We do realize that for some fans, you may have missed a significant portion of the first half of the show, and while we hope that the action in the second half of the show was more than worth it, we would like to offer a make-good for the first half by sending everyone that purchased the iPPV up until 9:00pm on the night of the event, a FREE copy of the DVD when it is released. In addition, and as always, the FULL replay will be up as soon as it is ready.

We also hope you understand, that with any production, a number of issues can occur, and that our ultimate goal is to prevent these issues and continue striving to deliver to you, our devoted fans, the BEST wrestling and internet pay per view in the world.

If for some reason, it is felt that the free DVD and continued access to the replay for a year are not a fair make-good for the issues that occurred on Saturday, refund requests will be honored until 12:00 NOON EST on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012. Please send ALL requests to help@rohwrestling.com. Any processed refunds will nullify the free DVD offer and access to the replay.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support. We do hope that you will join us for our next iPPV, Saturday October 13th, 2012.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The following e-mail was just sent from Ring of Honor regarding the Death Before Dishonor iPPV:

I actually may take them up on the refund. I had a horrible, horrible experience and it pretty much made for a shitty night with my RoH pals. I kind of would feel like a dick for it though.

Kaladin

Wrong angle for AJ in that picture.

I actually may take them up on the refund. I had a horrible, horrible experience and it pretty much made for a shitty night with my RoH pals. I kind of would feel like a dick for it though.

I'm actually taking them up on the refund because I don't want the DVD. I don't collect event DVDs like that anymore, kind of the point of iPPV for me. I didn't have many problems beyond the early audio issues, but when you're trying to get a community into indie wrestling and issues like that happen, it's a big deal.

Top Bottom