• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Really? During an overrun? When the network is already pushing back their next program for their air time? Yeah, WHAT a TERRIBLE GM.

Last I knew they had a rule that said the ref's call was final.

Restart match

kick cena in head, punk wins.

also not my fault they cant pace a show to shave their lives

Kyoufu

Punk and Heyman will open next week's RAW demanding the #RESPECT from the referee to admit to his mistake and reverse the decision.

AJ will come skipping out like it's supposed to be cool or something and then announce Hell in a Cell main event yadda yadda yadda.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Punk and Heyman will open next week's RAW demanding the #RESPECT from the referee to admit to his mistake and reverse the decision.

AJ will come skipping out like it's supposed to be cool or something and then announce Hell in a Cell main event yadda yadda yadda.
Are you also the creator of the AJ sucks and Punk sucks clubs?

You have to decide, either be kayfabe or be real. Can't do both in the same argument, that's unfair!

So what is AJ doing putting on a Main Event match so late, she didn't think a match with that caliber of talent would last very long? Did Orton/Tensai really need to happen, how about Ryder/Sandow? You're telling me these stars couldn't have been bumped for the WORLD CHAMPIONS?

Fact is, AJ just doesn't show any respect. Not for the champions and not for the WWE Universe.

Kyoufu

Are you also the creator of the AJ sucks and Punk sucks clubs?

Hmm I'm not sure if I created the AJ sucks club. She's not that bad but she should not be GM. We all can agree on that I think.

I don't think Punk sucks though, if that's what you're implying :p

Watched another shitty deathmatch tournament for reasons unknown - this time it was the IWA East Coast 'Masters of Pain 2012' from July. Some real dumb stuff in this one, not least the match stipulations, such as the 'Black Hawk Down Match' (spinning light-tubes on boards) and 'Not So Friendly Skies Match' (mechanical crane at ringside). The 'highlight', if you can call it that, is Matt Tremont being a fucking idiot repeatedly, taking some huge bumps, sick chairshots and bleeding buckets (at one point Masada slices the back of Tremont's knee with a broken light-tube, and like a fucking scalpel it just opens up his flesh). Masada bumped all of 3 times in the whole tournament, none of them huge, while seriously fucking up Spidar Boodrown in their opening round match. Danny Havoc's back looked like a pin-cushion after his match with Tremont, his flesh getting ensnared badly by the barbedwire. Mad Man Pondo & Viper just cut the hell out of each other's foreheads with scissors and light-tubes, which was pretty disgusting. Overall, for a shit-tier US deathmatch tournament, this wasn't too bad. Havoc vs Mathis & Tremont vs Moore in the opening round were good matches, and I enjoyed the glass semi-final and the final. Tremont's an idiot, but he puts the work in to put on a good show. Here's a couple of gifs;

i9jbZqdQUaWq8.gif

iY1Bel4t0PTWm.gif

jmdajr

how to tough will her voice sound when she's says
"HELL...... IN A CELL!"

strobogo

Banned
Deathmatch wrestling is so terrible. What can possibly inspire people to volunteer to get throw on barbed wire, glass, and fire in front of 20 rednecks in the middle of nowhere? I legitimately have never been able to figure it out.

Dinokill

Im a fan of hardcore bloddy matches. But those CZW matches are good only in GIFs. The entire matches are shit. ECW was way better. Sabu vs Funk barbed wire match is better than all the CZW matches combined.

Cagey

Banned
Deathmatches aren't even wrestling.

They're scripted-but-real versions of SAW, performed in front of 37 people in a high school gymnasium.

XenoRaven

Just wanted to note that Punk vs Cena for the belt is being advertised for RAW in Sacramento on October 8th. Not sure if they're really going to be wrestling or not. If they are, I'd guess Punk is just going to steal one by getting DQ'd or something like that.

Deathmatches aren't even wrestling.

They're scripted-but-real versions of SAW, performed in front of 37 people in a high school gymnasium.

A lot of deathmatch wrestling is shitty, but not all of it, and there was a time where it was hugely popular (in Japan at least). At the height of Japanese deathmatch wrestling, IWA-Japan & FMW were drawing up to 52,000 fans! But a lot of modern deathmatch wrestling falls into the trap of just being one spot after another, which is only extenuated when the guys working are just shitty wrestlers.

Just wanted to note that Punk vs Cena for the belt is being advertised for RAW in Sacramento on October 8th. Not sure if they're really going to be wrestling or not. If they are, I'd guess Punk is just going to steal one by getting DQ'd or something like that.

It is likely going to be your dark main event, which may mean you'll see some cool spots that they're working on for a future televised match but it won't be a real epic.

I was just agreeing with that dude..

My bad, thought you were implying something else.

Aiii

So not worth it
So how are they ever going back to kayfabe with Cole and King after the past week? I mean, Cole now having admitted how great of friends they are. I guess we're finally rid of that awful bickering. Yay.

Oh, I also had a dream about Ultramantis Black last night. He was having a sword fight in the middle of the forest, and ESPN's SportsCenter was covering it. The commentators just kept going "Well, that's Ultramantis for ya."

Weird.

Weird my ass, sounds like the greatest dream ever to me! I bet your pissed you had to wake up.

any one know how fast smarkmark customer service is. i purchased all 3 KOT nights, but they were not in my account despite me being charged.

If you bought the VOD they should show up in your account immediately. Shoot them an E Mail if your still having problems, they'll get back to you asap.

Aiii

So not worth it
But have no fear guys, at least we'll get Del Rio vs Sheamus at Hell in a Cell.

Hate on AJ all you want, Booker T books far worse matches then she does. She's the one that gave us Team Friendship as tag-team champions instead of Kofi and R-Truth retaining against PTP. AJ is a way better GM then Booker T is.

Hate on AJ all you want, Booker T books far worse matches then she does. She's the one that gave us Team Friendship as tag-team champions instead of Kofi and R-Truth retaining against PTP. AJ is a way better GM then Booker T is.

Yep, can't wait for Sheamus to win yet again.

Hooray.

Wow they are clearancing out Dolph Ziggler's pink shirts. Cena really is getting the monopoly on Pink.

Kyoufu

They're all bad because they all book the same matches Vince wants. You know, TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA!

Wish we'd get a unique GM that was actually interesting and over at the same time.

McNei1y

wowwwww

Now what?! Orton/Punk? Huh?

im okay with the pink and blue. but the whole show off thing is dumb. im not going to wear that in public.

good point. I like the pink and blue but I wouldn't be comfortable wearing that phrase on my shirt. I wish it was something like "I'm the best at selling" or something. Cause he sells like a God.

I've got to get a Yes! shirt though.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think I may purchase one. But damn this is lame. Ziggler with the Pink/Light Blue was the perfect shirt, aside from Yes! Yes! Yes!. Dammit Cena. Stop ruining everything.

They've been on clearance for a month. Ever since they introduced the black one.

Probably because neonpink shirts don't sell.

But hey, lets go on hating Cena based on dirtsheet bs lol.

Top Bottom