• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

McNei1y

They've been on clearance for a month. Ever since they introduced the black one.

Probably because neonpink shirts don't sell.

But hey, lets go on hating Cena based on dirtsheet bs lol.

lol hating on cena is such an easy thing to do!

I didn't know they introduced a black shirt for Ziggler so I take back what I was saying. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.

Aiii

So not worth it
lol hating on cena is such an easy thing to do!

I didn't know they introduced a black shirt for Ziggler so I take back what I was saying. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.

w03806.jpg

bangai-o

Banned
Sin Cara was wearing a new mask. wwe shop hasnt begun selling it yet. those masks are always selling out. I have the white one. but this new white blue is nice. its not the same as the previous blue from last year.

McNei1y

I saw it last night but that was the first time it was introduced to me**. I was jumping to conclusions since Cena started wearing pink for Breast Cancer month, I thought they took Ziggler's pink away because he's a heel... lol

It's a stretch but like I said, I wouldn't be surprised. :p

Edit: *first time it was introduced to me.

Entropia

No One Remembers
October 26 is a Friday... but Cena will probably make a surprise appearance anyway!

Curious to see what Punk does now... Del Rio? Cody? Ziggler?

krae_man

He will no sell surjury and be around every week anyway.

They've been on clearance for a month. Ever since they introduced the black one.

Nobody believe Ziggler stopped wearing pink because of Cena due to dirtsheets. We believe it because we can tell that's exactly what happened with our own eyes.

Err... no all around.

Ziggler wore the pink shirt first, but it originally wasn't a product. They introduced that black shirt to their shop and briefly Ziggler switched to wearing that rather than his pink shirt. After the release of the black shirt there was a lot of demand for the pink shirt to also be sold, so it was released as well and Ziggler went back to wearing the pink shirt on television.
I'm not sure which shirt was selling more, but pragmatically I would believe it to be the pink shirt as it had far more exposure. I think it is also worth noting that since they introduced the pink shirt on Shop Zone, Ziggler has been one of the top 10 merchandise sellers in the company.

Ziggler didn't switch back to wearing the black shirt until this Sunday.

strobogo

Banned
Oh, I also had a dream about Ultramantis Black last night. He was having a sword fight in the middle of the forest, and ESPN's SportsCenter was covering it. The commentators just kept going "Well, that's Ultramantis for ya."

I have you beat. I had one last night where I was part of a raid/stakeout that involved Mulder (no doubt from watching 3 season of The X-Files in about 2 weeks), Dwayne Wayne from A Different World, and the Big Boss Man in his 80s blues. I don't remember the details on why or who were were raiding and it kept switching from 1st and 3rd person (as most of my dreams do). It was pretty cool, if not bizarrely random.

XenoRaven

I kind of wonder if it has anything to do with the breast cancer thing they're doing. Sandow wasn't wearing his bright pink trunks either. It seemed like anyone known for wearing pink had to change colors.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think it's a company thing not a Cena thing. Some guys wear pink to get heat, and since pink is symbolic of breast cancer support they didn't want it associated with heels who use the color to get people to hate them more.

Haven't watched RAW but I just checked WWE.com and apparently Cena had arm surgery?

Legit?

I remember hearing his arm was hurt back after mania and he was thinking of taking time off but didnt and just divorced his wife instead and spend 3 months having super light matches with Johnny Ace.

Haven't watched RAW but I just checked WWE.com and apparently Cena had arm surgery?

Legit?

I remember hearing his arm was hurt back after mania and he was thinking of taking time off but didnt and just divorced his wife instead and spend 3 months having super light matches with Johnny Ace.
NoDQ.com said:
A surgery like this will take four to six weeks to recover.
:eek:

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"
HannahBeaudet
Wish only the best for John and sorry we will miss your appearance in Topeka, KS. Got tickets just to see you, but again it's not meant to be.
"

LOL this person thinks Cena won't be there.

Paracelsus

"
HannahBeaudet
Wish only the best for John and sorry we will miss your appearance in Topeka, KS. Got tickets just to see you, but again it's not meant to be.
"

LOL this person thinks Cena won't be there.

Cena will be put out of action by Punk (and Heyman?) before the start of the show because bad referee. Calling it right now.

Paracelsus

That would only get the people that still cheer for Punk to cheer him harder.

When midcarders like Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio get a pop worthy of a WW*F* Champion compared to Cena and Sheamus you know there's no turning back, who cares who cheers who as long as people buy shirts.

strobogo

Banned
I kind of wonder if it has anything to do with the breast cancer thing they're doing. Sandow wasn't wearing his bright pink trunks either. It seemed like anyone known for wearing pink had to change colors.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think it's a company thing not a Cena thing. Some guys wear pink to get heat, and since pink is symbolic of breast cancer support they didn't want it associated with heels who use the color to get people to hate them more.

I think it's silly to use breast cancer in a heel or face sense. TNA has been doing the pink ribbon stuff for a few years and just about everyone will wear either a pink arm band or ribbon somewhere on their gear. Regardless of face or heel. And a big deal isn't made because OF COURSE everyone supports breast cancer research and cure. Everyone loves titties.

And on top of that, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me to have heels not wearing pink so they won't be associated with supporting breast cancer awareness because they are heels (and breaking kayfabe or something) when they run BA* ads during shows with heels clearly breaking character and being positive role models for kids.

Kaladin

Who all is joining us for WrassleGaf Watches King of Trios on Saturday and Sunday

Night 1 = Saturday 2:00pm EST

Night 2 = Saturday 5:30pm EST

Night 3 = Sunday 3:00PM EST

You can order mp4 or VOD formats at http://www.smartmarkvideo.com

If you are planning on joining us for our official viewings, you should avoid the DVD format because I don't know if it will arrive on time.

So, who's in for 9, yes I said 9 hours of professional wrestling action?

XenoRaven

I think it's silly to use breast cancer in a heel or face sense. TNA has been doing the pink ribbon stuff for a few years and just about everyone will wear either a pink arm band or ribbon somewhere on their gear. Regardless of face or heel. And a big deal isn't made because OF COURSE everyone supports breast cancer research and cure. Everyone loves titties.

And on top of that, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me to have heels not wearing pink so they won't be associated with supporting breast cancer awareness because they are heels (and breaking kayfabe or something) when they run BA* ads during shows with heels clearly breaking character and being positive role models for kids.
I think it makes more sense when you consider the Susan G. Komen foundation is a massive, well-known breast cancer support organization, and BA* is an internal thing formed and executed by WWE.

bangai-o

Banned
I have you beat. I had one last night where I was part of a raid/stakeout that involved Mulder (no doubt from watching 3 season of The X-Files in about 2 weeks), Dwayne Wayne from A Different World, and the Big Boss Man in his 80s blues. I don't remember the details on why or who were were raiding and it kept switching from 1st and 3rd person (as most of my dreams do). It was pretty cool, if not bizarrely random.
how would i go about dreaming of both Bella twins?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Lol, yeah, now that's weird as hell.

DKehoe

Who all is joining us for WrassleGaf Watches King of Trios on Saturday and Sunday

Night 1 = Saturday 2:00pm EST

Night 2 = Saturday 5:30pm EST

Night 3 = Sunday 3:00PM EST

You can order mp4 or VOD formats at http://www.smartmarkvideo.com

If you are planning on joining us for our official viewings, you should avoid the DVD format because I don't know if it will arrive on time.

So, who's in for 9, yes I said 9 hours of professional wrestling action?

I think I should be able to. For anyone who watches before then could they use spoiler tags when talking about it? I realise it's out but I've managed to avoid spoilers so far and would like to keep it that way.

strobogo

Banned
I think it makes more sense when you consider the Susan G. Komen foundation is a massive, well-known breast cancer support organization, and BA* is an internal thing formed and executed by WWE.

It still doesn't make sense to me. You think SGK Foundation would say, "hey, don't let heels wear pink"?

Yeah, let's keep all KoT discussion spoiler-free at least until after the GAF viewing party. I already watched night 1 myself, (spoiler;
it was AWESOME!
), but I should definitely be able to watch nights 2 & 3 with you guys.

Top Bottom