• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Anth0ny

Punk/Orton?

eh

Easy, Punk/Orton. They can easily end his fued with Ziggler (having him win over Zigs at NoC was fucking retarded, btw) and shoehorn him into a Punk fued. Then if Orton really is taking time off for a WWE film, just build up Punk's credibility by having him "knock Orton out of action." Should be easy, but we know nothing comes easy for the WWE...

Orton is currently taking time off. Smackdown this week is his last show for a while. Probably the reason why they didn't place him in any real program since his suspension.

Sheamus. Let them do an exhibition match, build it around Punk claims to being the true best and walking out on their match a few weeks back. Let Punk win at HIAC with some sort of craftiness, then have the two of them lead teams at Survivor Series.

When Survivor Series rolls around have someone on the Sheamus team taken out ahead of the match, but replaced by a returning John Cena. Let someone on the Punk team eliminate Sheamus to set up the WHC match at TLC and let John Cena be one of the Survivors to set up Punk/Cena at TLC.

Alternative to the SS idea would be to have Dolph cash in after the Hell in a Cell match.

A non title match between the two title holders as the main event at a PPV? I don't know about that. I'd love it if they'd unify the titles, and Punk winning would give him a ton of heel heat since the little jimmies love their Cena-lite, but that leaves Ziggler with his briefcase.

Unless they use the unification to start a Punk/Ziggler main event program. But I think we all know that's never happening :lol

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There's a rumor going around that the WWE has declared bankruptcy and doesn't exist anymore.

How do you all feel about this?

looking at the lack of faces i've concluded that Kofi/Punk is the only choice available.
Punk will come out on Raw next week to big up his new dvd/blu-ray, he boasts about the special features and the street fighter match he wins against Kofi, Kofi comes out demands a rematch.
Punk confides with Heyman and they agree on the challenge to show that Punk can answer all types of challenges.
GM AJ makes a stipulation, if Kofi wins he gets a title shot at HIAC. The Raw main event is a gripping game of scripted street fighter, as Kofi is about to win Punk orders Heyman to pull the plug but R Truth prevents Heyman from doing so and Kofi wins.
Now there's a blazing hot set up for the next ppv all from one raw!

In other news: Silver Vision and WWE are parting ways, boo! I wonder who will fill the void and if we can get the damn things faster.

Kaladin

This would be my dream card.......for right now anyway. I worked on this for a while and could only come up with eight matches before I started making filler matches, and I figure with the main event likely going a full hour plus, we don't need ten matches.

Match 1: CIMA (2006) vs. Rey Mysterio (1997) vs El Generico (2012) (Triple Threat)

This is a battle between one of the kings of the Japanese style of wrestling, one of the best ever Luchadores in his prime and one of the best modern indie wrestlers who embodies the spirit of Lucha. This match would be a super hot opener. In 2006, CIMA appeared in the first ever traditional Dragon Gate six man for Ring of Honor and it was a five star showcase. In 1997, Rey Mysterio was in the middle of one of his best runs in WCW battling various stars for the cruiserweight title. In 2012, El Generico has been one of the best in independant wrestling, the generic luchador would be the perfect fit for this triple threat.

Match 2: The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) (2007) vs The Dudley Boyz (1998)

This match up would be a pier six brawl. The Briscoe Brothers can match anyone's style and The Dudley Boyz in 1998 were at the top of their ECW run. For The Briscoe Brothers, 2007 has been their best year to date with a long tag title run which saw them headline many events with tag title matches.

Match 3: Terry Funk (1995 ECW/Death Match King) vs Drake Younger (2012)

This is a match up between one of the greats in American Death Match wrestling and IMO, the current star of death match wrestling. Drake Younger is one of the few death match wrestlers who can work a good regular match-up so he would match well with Terry Funk, but when it gets crazy, expect it to get crazy. Lots of plunder in this match, which will lead up to the next............

Match 4: Cactus Jack (1995 ECW Run) vs Necro Butcher (2008 Hollywood Death Match King) (No Rope Barbed Wire Fans Bring The Weapons Match)

We all know and love Cactus Jack and 1995 was one of his most brutal years. The feud here would be a pure old school death match brawler vs Hollywood's death match brawler Necro Butcher. 2008 was the year Necro saw fame in the movie The Wrestler where he schooled Mickey Rourke inside a CZW ring. This would be a lot of fun with plunder, blood and it would take us into intermission because we would need to clear the aftermath.

Match 5: Kane (Current, Team Friendship Run) vs Undertaker (1999 Ministry of Darkness Run)

This match would be a bit of comedy with one of the best eras of comedy Kane vs one of the darkest era of the Undertaker. Can Kane get his brother to hug it out, or will he embrace the hate and brawl all over the building, in a supernatural plunder match for the ages!

Match 6: Austin Aries (2012) vs Shawn Michaels (1996)

Continueing the theme of stars of today vs stars of yesterday, Austin Aries battles Shawn Michaels in a match that promises to steal the show. Seriously, both guys promised it in their promo packages before the event. I don't think we need much set-up to know this would be amazing.

Match 7: CM Punk (2012) vs Randy Savage (1987)

Who drops the best elbow? We'll find out, right now!

Match 8: Samoa Joe (2005) vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (1989)

I'll be honest with ya, this is kind of a filler as ten "dream matches" stretches it a bit for me, but seriously, how could this not be awesome?

Match 9: Bryan Danielson (2006) vs Ric Flair (1988) No Time Limit

This one will be a technical classic and who knows how long this will be with no time limit! Both of these guys had multiple hour long time limit draws at this stage in their careers and this would be a clinic.

Anth0ny

looking at the lack of faces i've concluded that Kofi/Punk is the only choice available.
Punk will come out on Raw next week to big up his new dvd/blu-ray, he boasts about the special features and the street fighter match he wins against Kofi, Kofi comes out demands a rematch.
Punk confides with Heyman and they agree on the challenge to show that Punk can answer all types of challenges.
GM AJ makes a stipulation, if Kofi wins he gets a title shot at HIAC. The Raw main event is a gripping game of scripted street fighter, as Kofi is about to win Punk orders Heyman to pull the plug but R Truth prevents Heyman from doing so and Kofi wins.

In other news: Silver Vision and WWE are parting ways, boo! I wonder who will fill the void and if we can get the damn things faster.

it's honestly the only possible matchup

I bet Cena will make it back for the PPV.

Stranded wrestling injury booking is to make the injury seem worse then it is and to say the recovery time is longer then it really is so the wrestler can return "quicker then any normal man could" or some BS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Match 1: CIMA (2006) vs. Rey Mysterio (1997) vs El Generico (2012) (Triple Threat)

This is a battle between one of the kings of the Japanese style of wrestling, one of the best ever Luchadores in his prime and one of the best modern indie wrestlers who embodies the spirit of Lucha. This match would be a super hot opener. In 2006, CIMA appeared in the first ever traditional Dragon Gate six man for Ring of Honor and it was a five star showcase. In 1997, Rey Mysterio was in the middle of one of his best runs in WCW battling various stars for the cruiserweight title. In 2012, El Generico has been one of the best in independant wrestling, the generic luchador would be the perfect fit for this triple threat.

Match 2: The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) (2007) vs The Dudley Boyz (1998)

This match up would be a pier six brawl. The Briscoe Brothers can match anyone's style and The Dudley Boyz in 1998 were at the top of their ECW run. For The Briscoe Brothers, 2007 has been their best year to date with a long tag title run which saw them headline many events with tag title matches.

This is a match up between one of the greats in American Death Match wrestling and IMO, the current star of death match wrestling. Drake Younger is one of the few death match wrestlers who can work a good regular match-up so he would match well with Terry Funk, but when it gets crazy, expect it to get crazy. Lots of plunder in this match, which will lead up to the next............

Match 4: Cactus Jack (1995 ECW Run) vs Necro Butcher (2008 Hollywood Death Match King) (No Rope Barbed Wire Fans Bring The Weapons Match)

We all know and love Cactus Jack and 1995 was one of his most brutal years. The feud here would be a pure old school death match brawler vs Hollywood's death match brawler Necro Butcher. 2008 was the year Necro saw fame in the movie The Wrestler where he schooled Mickey Rourke inside a CZW ring. This would be a lot of fun with plunder, blood and it would take us into intermission because we would need to clear the aftermath.

Match 5: Kane (Current, Team Friendship Run) vs Undertaker (1999 Ministry of Darkness Run)

This match would be a bit of comedy with one of the best eras of comedy Kane vs one of the darkest era of the Undertaker. Can Kane get his brother to hug it out, or will he embrace the hate and brawl all over the building, in a supernatural plunder match for the ages!

Match 6: Austin Aries (2012) vs Shawn Michaels (1996)

Continueing the theme of stars of today vs stars of yesterday, Austin Aries battles Shawn Michaels in a match that promises to steal the show. Seriously, both guys promised it in their promo packages before the event. I don't think we need much set-up to know this would be amazing.

Match 7: CM Punk (2012) vs Randy Savage (1987)

Who drops the best elbow? We'll find out, right now!

Match 8: Samoa Joe (2005) vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (1989)

I'll be honest with ya, this is kind of a filler as ten "dream matches" stretches it a bit for me, but seriously, how could this not be awesome?

This one will be a technical classic and who knows how long this will be with no time limit! Both of these guys had multiple hour long time limit draws at this stage in their careers and this would be a clinic.

Lots of great picks - out of yours, I think I'd want to see Samoa Joe vs Steamboat, Cactus vs Necro Butcher, and Briscoes vs Dudleys most. Good picks.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Kofi? Are you kidding? It's over, dude. He sucks.

Tell me about it. Silver Vision were amazing. Cheap sets; free, blisteringly fast delivery - what more can you ask?

This pretty much sums it up, maybe if one good thing can come out of this it's some kind of super sale towards the years end.

Kofi? Are you kidding? It's over, dude. He sucks.
People have had years to hate Kofi, what's so bad about 2012 to have caused this seething wave of hatred?

Kyoufu

Kofi sucks. Seriously. He sucks. I mean, has he ever done a submission move ever? I can't remember. That's how much he sucks in the ring. He's a very unimpressive high flyer. If you asked me, I'd say John Morrison was MUCH more entertaining in the ring, yet they FE'd him and not Kofi.

WWE.

I've disliked him for a long time. It's just that his ring work is so sloppy and too contrived that it tends to ruin most matches.

You love guys shooting fireballs and lightning but a man who jumps a lot is just too silly? BAH!

Seriously though if Kofi was as sloppy as people here act like he is he'd have injured someone at some point during his tenure.

Kofi sucks. Seriously. He sucks. I mean, has he ever done a submission move ever? I can't remember. That's how much he sucks in the ring. He's a very unimpressive high flyer. If you asked me, I'd say John Morrison was MUCH more entertaining in the ring, yet they FE'd him and not Kofi.

WWE.

Jomosapien left of his own accord for the most part if memory serves though he was in the doghouse on his way out, plus as impressive as he was he botched his finisher on a damn near weekly basis.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wrestling_Fans_display_image.jpg

^

Does anyone have a clip of this?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You love guys shooting fireballs and lightning but a man who jumps a lot is just too silly? BAH!

Seriously though if Kofi was as sloppy as people here act like he is he'd have injured someone at some point during his tenure.
I don't mean that he's a sloppy worker, I mean his moves look sloppy. Even Bryan and Kane could barely make him look believable. He doesn't even jump a lot. Trouble in Paradise is also a terrible finisher because it rarely connects properly.

BTW, what happened to top rope finishers? No one uses them anymore.

Kaladin

Kofi and R-Truth just finished one of the most boring tag team championship runs to date.....even worse than the McGillibuddies.

Kaladin

Lots of great picks - out of yours, I think I'd want to see Samoa Joe vs Steamboat, Cactus vs Necro Butcher, and Briscoes vs Dudleys most. Good picks.

I forgot to mention that every match of that card would be no dq, no countout, because those are the best wrestling rules you can have.

strobogo

Banned
Kofi doesn't suck, he's just really bland. He doesn't do anything special, but it's not like he botches everything he does. He's your average mid card babyface. He probably won't go any higher because he was STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Possible WWE Championship matches for HIAC:

Punk vs Brodus Clay
Punk vs A-Ry
Punk vs ZEKE
Punk vs Hornswoggle
Punk vs Jimmy Uso
Punk vs Matt Striker
Punk vs Primo
Punk vs Trent Barreta

See, plenty of options.

Kyoufu

Until he changes his moveset and grows a pair of itty bitty things we call balls, I'm going to say he sucks.

Something tells me he's happy being a boring babyface mid-carder though so whatever.

It seems like I have to put on my Kofi defense force uniform more and more these days.

Look, I'm not gonna lie that he's stale in the ring, and yes, a bit sloppy. But I think he does exactly what the WWE asks him to do, and I think he can do much more with a little more rope. You can certainly fault him for not taking it upon himself to take the next step. But I think he can be a main event guy, maybe not a top guy, but a WHC under the right conditions. And actually I wouldn't mind seeing him randomly feud with Punk for a month, I think it would show you what he's got. If he's still a flop after a Punk feud, then I'll concede defeat on this one.

Bootaaay & Soulplaya, what would be your ideal Supercard if you could build it up with any wrestler from the last 20/30 years?

Man, this is just too hard - I keep forgetting guys. Oh well, I'll go with this;

01. Tag Team 3-Way Match; The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) vs The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
Three very tough, hard-hitting tag teams from different eras.

02. Captain's Fall; Jushin 'Thunder' Liger (c), The Great Sasuke, Ultimo Dragon, TAKA Michinoku & CIMA vs El Hijo Del Santo (c), Rey Mysterio Jr, Eddie Guerrero, Psicosis & Juventud Guerrera
Jr. Heavyweights vs Luchadores, circa...let's say 1999. This would be a ton of fun.

03. The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura)
Don't ask me why, I just KNOW this one would be awesome.

04. Elimination Battle Royale; Colt Cabana vs Kikutaro vs Gran Naniwa vs Chuck Taylor vs Kuishinbo Kamen vs Norman Smiley vs Delirious vs Konaka = Pale One vs Kenny Omega vs Disco Inferno vs Mecha Mummy vs Danshoku Dino
Some of my all-time favourite comedy wrestlers in a huge battle royale.

05. Samoa Joe vs Big Van Vader
1992 Vader vs 2004 Joe, what a damn war this would be.

05. Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs Scott Steiner & Rick Steiner
Two great tag teams, although you have to obviously give the edge to the Funks, but in their prime the Steiners were a fantastic team too.

07. 2/3 Falls; CM Punk vs Jake Roberts
Two masters of storytelling in an epic 2/3 falls match.

08. World of Sport Rules Match; Johnny Saint vs Daniel Bryan
These two met in a CHIKARA trios match, but seeing Saint, the master of escapology catch-as-catch-can wrestling vs the best technical wrestler today in a classic 5 round World of Sport rules match would be a dream come true.

09. Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi
My favourite tag team of all time vs my favourite tag team today. The Big Japan duo of Sekimoto & Okabayashi have been on fire since 2010, making a name for themselves as the hardest hitting team in Japan, while Hansen & Brody are one of the most physical and imposing teams of all time.

10. Wargames; Dusty Rhodes (c), Shawn Michaels, Ted DiBiase, Arn Anderson & Owen Hart vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c), Genichiro Tenryu, Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada & Kenta Kobashi
I always loved the idea of Wargames, and for the main event I've simply put some of my favourites from the 80's & 90's in a huge US vs Japan Wargames match.

Well I did some work and I'm pretty satisfied how my SuperCard came out. Ten matches. Let's do this. I purposefully stuck with only WWF and WCW, and didn't include any others, or this would be, oh, yknow, huge and impossible to manage.

*snip*

That's a great card man, would love to see Razor vs Arn and the LOD vs the Acolytes. Perfect vs Cody would be really cool too.

djsandman said:

All these would be awesome.

Kyoufu

It seems like I have to put on my Kofi defense force uniform more and more these days.

Look, I'm not gonna lie that he's stale in the ring, and yes, a bit sloppy. But I think he does exactly what the WWE asks him to do, and I think he can do much more with a little more rope. You can certainly fault him for not taking it upon himself to take the next step. But I think he can be a main event guy, maybe not a top guy, but a WHC under the right conditions. And actually I wouldn't mind seeing him randomly feud with Punk for a month, I think it would show you what he's got. If he's still a flop after a Punk feud, then I'll concede defeat on this one.

He has to change many of his moves first.

Do you see Punk getting hit by Trouble in Paradise or whatever his finisher is called?

Kaladin

I tried to come up with the ultimate heel vs heel match that has never happened to add to my card, but I couldn't come up with one.

jmdajr

So Punk vs Sheamus it is. But what is the motivation for Hell in a Cell? Too extreme just because. Punk will have to do something outrageous and be "punished"

Kaladin

04. Elimination Battle Royale; Colt Cabana vs Kikutaro vs Gran Naniwa vs Chuck Taylor vs Kuishinbo Kamen vs Norman Smiley vs Delirious vs Konaka = Pale One vs Kenny Omega vs Disco Inferno vs Mecha Mummy vs Danshoku Dino
Some of my all-time favourite comedy wrestlers in a huge battle royale.

How could you forget Yoshihiko?

05. Samoa Joe vs Big Van Vader
1992 Vader vs 2004 Joe, what a damn war this would be.

05. Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs Scott Steiner & Rick Steiner
Two great tag teams, although you have to obviously give the edge to the Funks, but in their prime the Steiners were a fantastic team too.

07. 2/3 Falls; CM Punk vs Jake Roberts
Two masters of storytelling in an epic 2/3 falls match.

These matches would be amazing, Joe vs Vader would be must see.

So Punk vs Sheamus it is. But what is the motivation for Hell in a Cell? Too extreme just because. Punk will have to do something outrageous and be "punished"

Hell In A Cell became a just because match when WWE put it on the PPV schedule.

Kaladin

Impact is tomorrow night!!!!!!!

- It's the return of the monthly Open Fight Night on Thursday's broadcast, Where any member of the TNA Wrestler can call out anyone else and they must fight.

-"The Cowboy" James Storm revealed his plans for Open Fight Night on Thursday's broadcast. Storm said he would be calling out Bobby Roode this Thursday to continue their heated rivalry. Roode will have no choice but to answer the challenge.

- Also on Thursday's show, it's the return of the TNA Gut Check, as one wrestler gets the opportunity of a lifetime to earn a contract with TNA Wrestling! Can they prove they have what it takes to join the roster?

- Hulk Hogan has put the Aces and 8s on lockdown. However, last week Aces and 8s sent a message that they may be locked in as well. How will Hogan respond to the threats of Aces and 8s?

- All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE show, including the latest news of the "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View event!

He has to change many of his moves first.

Do you see Punk getting hit by Trouble in Paradise or whatever his finisher is called?

I think a lot of people's finishers are lame. Edge was performing running hugs at the end. I mean shit the Rock Bottom is just a side slam. Yet it apparently knocks people unconscious. So I wouldn't hold that against him.

All I'm saying is let's see what he's got. Maybe he will put on the same stale moves vs. Punk. But I like to think he can do more. We'll see if they give him the chance.

Top Bottom