• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Remember when Austin went out at the peak of his popularity for 9 months and no one was in line to replace him?

except rock

and foley

and taker

and hhh

and big show

and angle

and kane

and jericho

and ******

god damn it
"We just lost Austin for a year."

"It's OK, we've still got Big Show."

I wonder what shit will be like in 30 years? Are there going to be any wrestlers on the same level anywhere in the world? When we look back 30 years I respect some of them, but I don't really enjoy it.

There will never be another Attitude Era if that's what you mean. The WWE still hasn't even properly evolved past that era yet, it's just toned down now. Until someone takes the reigns of the company and does something fundamentally NEW, we'll never have a roster that deep with that many memorable names. And even then, I really don't think it's possible for wrestling to light the world on fire again.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There will never be another Attitude Era if that's what you mean. The WWE still hasn't even properly evolved past that era yet, it's just toned down now. Until someone takes the reigns of the company and does something fundamentally NEW, we'll never have a roster that deep with that many memorable names. And even then, I really don't think it's possible for wrestling to light the world on fire again.
"They say we've been living in the shadows of a past era, and don't know how to move on."

"It's OK, we've still got Big Show."

Is that all you got? I don't go to pizza buffets by myself. That was the lamest instance of being Wrecked® ever posted. Step your game up, Jennetty.

i436gRxRTYuGd.gif

MY HEART'S JUST NOT IN IT ANYMORE

SHUT UP, BEEF!

tm24

Im a little late to the dream card thing, but i was at work when it was going and i killed a bunch of time at work thinking about mine so heres mine. Wanted to go a bit different, so mine has a heavy lucha influence.
1. Luchadores Volaron! Rey Misterio (1995) vs Averno
Why not start the card by going all 97 Nitro on it and having the luchadores start off with a bang? Averno is the best thing going in Mexico right now, is easily the best rudo in the last 10 years and knows how to be an amazing base to a high flier. But instead of Mistico, he goes against someone who doesnt both constantly and isnt hated by the fans! Seriously, 95 Misterio was a beast

2. Parejas Increíbles! 3 Way Lucha Tag Elimination
MAD BLANKEY (Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk) vs Los Gringos Locos (1995: Art Barr, Eddie Guerrero) vs Kings of Wrestling

I wanted some tag team action and there's a grand sadness that Art Barr was never able to take the US scene by storm like he should have. The Kings are big enough to serve as great bases and can easily handle both the lucha and Dragon Gate styles while being the big mans doing their moves

3. Canadian Jr Heavyweight Clash! Kenny Omega vs Owen Hart
Because why the fuck not?

4. East meets West badassery! Shinsuke Nakamura vs Super Dragon (2005)
The 2 most badass men in wrestling. This would be hard-hitting, brutal and just great

5. THIS. IS. WOMENS. WRESTLING: Akira Hokuto(1992) vs Sara Del Rey
Because i want to see more people beat the shit out of each other.

6. The generic luchador vs EL LUCHADOR: El Generico vs El Hijo del Santo (1997)
El Generico takes on someone who probably serves as an idol to him, unfortunately Santo isnt in the mood for idol worship. Plucked from during his rudo turn, Santo is here to ruin all other luchadors. Generico has his hands full with not only one of the most amazing technicians to grace the ring, he has to deal with a man who is not afraid to brawl or play dirty as a rudo. Full of dives, amazing matwork with holds that Mike Quackenbush wish he would of ripped off earlier and just crazy brawling at some point

7. The greatest men that ever lived: Kazuchika Okada vs Austin Aries
Just cause

8. Because we weren't ready for it before: Kurt Angle (2004) vs Daniel Bryan
This match was going to happen. But higher powers decided that the world wasn't ready for it. I believe we're ready now

9. BEST IN THE WORLD: Randy Savage (1988) vs CM Punk
Do i really need a reason?

Have the Funks and Steiners seriously never met? Sure, it'd be out of the Funk's primes, but...Steiners have been around for quite some time too.

As far as I can tell, they never once met in the ring. The timing was all wrong for them in Japan, as the Steiners worked for NJPW, while the Funks were AJPW stalwarts. Also, Terry had his first retirement in '83, and when he returned to Japanese wrestling in the early 90's it was for deathmatch promotion IWA-Japan.

There is this though - Terry interviewing the Steiners for Funk's Grill on the NWA Power Hour;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFsoAKlsjKs

Michigan Steiners or poppa pump steiners?

skinny steiners were badass.

Definitely. It's all about the old-school Steiners;

ibdV0UOfTIKcuu.jpg

Im a little late to the dream card thing, but i was at work when it was going and i killed a bunch of time at work thinking about mine so heres mine. Wanted to go a bit different, so mine has a heavy lucha influence.
1. Luchadores Volaron! Rey Misterio (1995) vs Averno
Why not start the card by going all 97 Nitro on it and having the luchadores start off with a bang? Averno is the best thing going in Mexico right now, is easily the best rudo in the last 10 years and knows how to be an amazing base to a high flier. But instead of Mistico, he goes against someone who doesnt both constantly and isnt hated by the fans! Seriously, 95 Misterio was a beast

2. Parejas Increíbles! 3 Way Lucha Tag Elimination
MAD BLANKEY (Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk) vs Los Gringos Locos (1995: Art Barr, Eddie Guerrero) vs Kings of Wrestling

I wanted some tag team action and there's a grand sadness that Art Barr was never able to take the US scene by storm like he should have. The Kings are big enough to serve as great bases and can easily handle both the lucha and Dragon Gate styles while being the big mans doing their moves

3. Canadian Jr Heavyweight Clash! Kenny Omega vs Owen Hart
Because why the fuck not?

4. East meets West badassery! Shinsuke Nakamura vs Super Dragon (2005)
The 2 most badass men in wrestling. This would be hard-hitting, brutal and just great

5. THIS. IS. WOMENS. WRESTLING: Akira Hokuto(1992) vs Sara Del Rey
Because i want to see more people beat the shit out of each other.

El Generico takes on someone who probably serves as an idol to him, unfortunately Santo isnt in the mood for idol worship. Plucked from during his rudo turn, Santo is here to ruin all other luchadors. Generico has his hands full with not only one of the most amazing technicians to grace the ring, he has to deal with a man who is not afraid to brawl or play dirty as a rudo. Full of dives, amazing matwork with holds that Mike Quackenbush wish he would of ripped off earlier and just crazy brawling at some point

7. The greatest men that ever lived: Kazuchika Okada vs Austin Aries
Just cause

8. Because we weren't ready for it before: Kurt Angle (2004) vs Daniel Bryan
This match was going to happen. But higher powers decided that the world wasn't ready for it. I believe we're ready now

9. BEST IN THE WORLD: Randy Savage (1988) vs CM Punk
Do i really need a reason?

AWESOME card man - there isn't a match there I wouldn't want to see. Okada vs Aries makes me wish TNA hadn't screwed up their relationship with New Japan. That 3-way tag would be amazing too, as would Super Dragon/Nakamura - I'm pretty sure Dragon would take the best boma-ye knee strike ever.

Wrestling Dreams Update:

Last night, I dreamt about having a verbal argument with Kelly Kelly because she would not stop doing a "duckface" in every photo she took. I told her she was stupid, and doing it makes he look stupider, and people were mocking her "in the back" for doing it. I think I made her cry... I don't remember much more.

I felt bad, my subconscious does not even like K2.

Wrestling Dreams Update:

Last night, I dreamt about having a verbal argument with Kelly Kelly because she would not stop doing a "duckface" in every photo she took. I told her she was stupid, and doing it makes he look stupider, and people were mocking her "in the back" for doing it. I think I made her cry... I don't remember much more.

I felt bad, my subconscious does not even like K2.

It was brave of you to tell her the truth no matter how much it stings, even in dreamland.
Maybe you felt bad because now people wouldn't be able to mock her for it.

Man, this is just too hard - I keep forgetting guys. Oh well, I'll go with this;

04. Elimination Battle Royale; Colt Cabana vs Kikutaro vs Gran Naniwa vs Chuck Taylor vs Kuishinbo Kamen vs Norman Smiley vs Delirious vs Konaka = Pale One vs Kenny Omega vs Disco Inferno vs Mecha Mummy vs Danshoku Dino
Some of my all-time favourite comedy wrestlers in a huge battle royale.

Oh man. The comedy spots in this match would be immense.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
UK GAF on suicide watch

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/static-pages/announcement.html

After 22 years of dedicating Silver Vision exclusively to WWE, the WWE and Clear Vision Ltd will part company on the 31st December 2012. Silvervision.co.uk (owned by Clear Vision Ltd) will continue to sell WWE DVDs, Blu-rays and WWE films after this date while stocks last, but we will not be able to offer new releases for sale on our site. SummerSlam 2012 and nWo: The Revolution will be the last new WWE releases we will be producing ourselves.

Clear Vision and its staff are saddened by this news as we have worked very hard over the years to bring the best possible service to all WWE fans and we would like to thank you all for your continued support over the years.

Silvervision.co.uk is looking forward to a new future which will amalgamate all the products and some new programmes of its mother company, Clear Vision Ltd, on one site.

Please be assured this will not affect your current and future orders in any way and you will continue to receive the same great service.

I have a whole host of wrestling DVDs I no longer want if someone wants them on the cheap. Mainly TAG Classics. I'll make a list. Whatever you think they're worth as long as P&P is paid (UK).

Tag Classics

WM 1&2
SummerSlam 88 & 89
Royal Rumble 88 & 89
SummerSlam 90 & 91
RR 91 & 92
RR 93 & 94
KOTR 93 & 94
IYH 1 & 2
KOTR 95 & 96
WM 7 & 8
Andre the Giant DVD (unopened) - think I got this free with one of the WWE games a while back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

This could be unnnnnbelievable! Great picks, too.

jmdajr

Being that it's my B-day this weekend, I convinced my wife to go let me see Expendables 2, Resident Evil, and Dredd at da movies. Should be some good mindless fun. Just like wrestling! Woot!
Oh yeah, and then there is all that Football watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Being that it's my B-day this weekend, I convinced my wife to go let me see Expendables 2, Resident Evil, and Dredd at da movies. Should be some good mindless fun. Just like wrestling! Woot!
Oh yeah, and then there is all that Football watching.

Expendables 2 is a cerebral experience.

It's also fantastic. Don't forget to get up and stretch. AND Happy Birthday early.

somedevil

I find this funny from the wrestling observer:

For those who didn't know, several brands purchase some of their Twitter followers. This gives the impression that they are more popular than they really are and serves as a form of advertising. Someone recently did an audit of TNA's Twitter followers and found that of their 189,000 followers, only 27,639 of them are real and the rest are fake, in the sense that they went and purchased them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Always wondered how Twitter made money. It's really that simple? haha.

Well, Twitter themselves don't say it.

Basically I can go to one of these sites, throw down $100 and pick any Twitter user to have a huge follower base out of nowhere.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, Twitter themselves don't say it.

Basically I can go to one of these sites, throw down $100 and pick any Twitter user to have a huge follower base out of nowhere.

Which is such a waste of money.

Because literally NOBODY gives two fucks about how many Twitter followers anyone has.

Well, except Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler, they love that shit.

Kyoufu

Which is such a waste of money.

Because literally NOBODY gives two fucks about how many Twitter followers anyone has.

Well, except Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler, they love that shit.

Speak for yourself. People care about getting more followers.

jmdajr

If you're not watching TNA you don't deserve to know!

Why aren't you watching Impact? WHY?!

Wife controls the entertainment center on Thursdays. That's like her TV night.
Just like mine is Mondays/Sundays.

Yeah I have a TV in the other room, but now with Thursday Night Football, no reason to watch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I hope they cut Punk's reign short. It hasn't really been much of a reign, either. Not much memorable.

Top Bottom