• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this is just too hard - I keep forgetting guys. Oh well, I'll go with this;

04. Elimination Battle Royale; Colt Cabana vs Kikutaro vs Gran Naniwa vs Chuck Taylor vs Kuishinbo Kamen vs Norman Smiley vs Delirious vs Konaka = Pale One vs Kenny Omega vs Disco Inferno vs Mecha Mummy vs Danshoku Dino
Some of my all-time favourite comedy wrestlers in a huge battle royale.

05. Samoa Joe vs Big Van Vader
1992 Vader vs 2004 Joe, what a damn war this would be.

05. Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs Scott Steiner & Rick Steiner
Two great tag teams, although you have to obviously give the edge to the Funks, but in their prime the Steiners were a fantastic team too.

10. Wargames; Dusty Rhodes (c), Shawn Michaels, Ted DiBiase, Arn Anderson & Owen Hart vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c), Genichiro Tenryu, Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada & Kenta Kobashi
I always loved the idea of Wargames, and for the main event I've simply put some of my favourites from the 80's & 90's in a huge US vs Japan Wargames match.

The comedy battle royale would be amazing. Great picks for that. Disco fever! Joe vs Vader could have been amazing - early 90s Vader was so damn good.

Have the Funks and Steiners seriously never met? Sure, it'd be out of the Funk's primes, but...Steiners have been around for quite some time too.

Wargames is amazing, and I wish we could have seen some of that.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the WWE championship doesn't have to be in a HitC match. Sheamus/Del Rio could be a HitC match. Del Rio is undefeated in HitC matches.

Take that Underfaker.

Man, this is just too hard - I keep forgetting guys. Oh well, I'll go with this;

01. Tag Team 3-Way Match; The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) vs The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
Three very tough, hard-hitting tag teams from different eras.

02. Captain's Fall; Jushin 'Thunder' Liger (c), The Great Sasuke, Ultimo Dragon, TAKA Michinoku & CIMA vs El Hijo Del Santo (c), Rey Mysterio Jr, Eddie Guerrero, Psicosis & Juventud Guerrera
Jr. Heavyweights vs Luchadores, circa...let's say 1999. This would be a ton of fun.

03. The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura)
Don't ask me why, I just KNOW this one would be awesome.

04. Elimination Battle Royale; Colt Cabana vs Kikutaro vs Gran Naniwa vs Chuck Taylor vs Kuishinbo Kamen vs Norman Smiley vs Delirious vs Konaka = Pale One vs Kenny Omega vs Disco Inferno vs Mecha Mummy vs Danshoku Dino
Some of my all-time favourite comedy wrestlers in a huge battle royale.

05. Samoa Joe vs Big Van Vader
1992 Vader vs 2004 Joe, what a damn war this would be.

05. Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs Scott Steiner & Rick Steiner
Two great tag teams, although you have to obviously give the edge to the Funks, but in their prime the Steiners were a fantastic team too.

07. 2/3 Falls; CM Punk vs Jake Roberts
Two masters of storytelling in an epic 2/3 falls match.

08. World of Sport Rules Match; Johnny Saint vs Daniel Bryan
These two met in a CHIKARA trios match, but seeing Saint, the master of escapology catch-as-catch-can wrestling vs the best technical wrestler today in a classic 5 round World of Sport rules match would be a dream come true.

09. Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi
My favourite tag team of all time vs my favourite tag team today. The Big Japan duo of Sekimoto & Okabayashi have been on fire since 2010, making a name for themselves as the hardest hitting team in Japan, while Hansen & Brody are one of the most physical and imposing teams of all time.

10. Wargames; Dusty Rhodes (c), Shawn Michaels, Ted DiBiase, Arn Anderson & Owen Hart vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c), Genichiro Tenryu, Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada & Kenta Kobashi
I always loved the idea of Wargames, and for the main event I've simply put some of my favourites from the 80's & 90's in a huge US vs Japan Wargames match.

That's a great card man, would love to see Razor vs Arn and the LOD vs the Acolytes. Perfect vs Cody would be really cool too.

All these would be awesome.

Michigan Steiners or poppa pump steiners?

skinny steiners were badass.

strobogo

Banned
I can see him hitting the Trouble in Paradise on Punk, because he has before. Why is it anymore ridiculous for him to hit it on Punk than Dolph or Titus? Like Punk somehow is immune to strike based finishers?

Razorskin

----- ------
Please, it's the most overrated moment of the past decade. It was so fucking lame and made him look like a clown.

"Is that a bug, Randy? Let me get it for you!"

STFU Kofi. I mean, keying a stock car Randy just got five minutes ago? Sit your ass down Kofi.

He looked like a convincing psychopath, couldn't say the same for Kane.

Kaladin

There is a very strong possibility it will be CM Punk vs Big Show (HIAC) if Cena can't make it back. Big Show is likely taking Cena's place at house shows this coming week.

It will be the worst buyrate in the history of the PPV.

BlazinAm

first half of that segment Orton is just terrible on the mic, its like he is talking to a wall or to himself. Kofi was fine in the segment just the facial expression at the start were pretty bland.

There is a very strong possibility it will be CM Punk vs Big Show (HIAC) if Cena can't make it back. Big Show is likely taking Cena's place at house shows this coming week.

What about Sheamus, they can do another Del Rio match? I thought the rumors were that Sheamus will face the Big Show. Cena will probably face Punk again, they will work safe.

Anth0ny

I was considering Big Show, since he's a "main event performer", and he could probably give some hats to kids in the front row and be recognized as a baby face instantly.

But that was my nightmare scenario.
Well, besides Triple H and/or Kevin Nash.
Worst buy rate ever if they actually go through with it.

Kaladin

My god that roster is super fucking thin right now. No one is in line to replace the top stars if someone should be injured for an extended period of time. NO ONE.

My god that roster is super fucking thin right now. No one is in line to replace the top stars if someone should be injured for an extended period of time. NO ONE.

yep the cenacentric wwe is terrible. they build no one up. when half your roster is shown to be weak there is nothing you can do

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
4 to 6? Recovery in 3!

Overcome opponents, overcome divorce, overcome da odds, overcome injuries, overcome surgery recovery time!

Kaladin

Vince: "Six to eight weeks recovery? He doesn't need an arm to cut a promo. Hell, My son-in-law appeared with Floyd Mayweather, held up his belt and he had a broke freakin arm."

strobogo

Banned
Sheamus vs Big Show sounds much more interesting than another few months of Sheamus vs ADR. Sheamus can get bounced around more and get to look like a bad ass when he knocks Show on his ass. I'm ok with this.

KissVibes

Banned
Sheamus vs Big Show sounds much more interesting than another few months of Sheamus vs ADR. Sheamus can get bounced around more and get to look like a bad ass when he knocks Show on his ass. I'm ok with this.

I don't think Big Show looks credible in 2012, especially against Sheamus. I mean, Del Rio gave his arm a beating at NoC and he was perfectly fine. Not to mention that for all his tough talk he still couldn't put Punk and Cena way. I cannot buy a wrestling-reality where anyone other than Ryback beats him up.

strobogo

Banned
Big Show is 7 feet tall. All it takes is one segment on a show and he looks credible. His entire career has been going from ultra credible to joke and back with ease. He was jobbing to Spike Dudley and Funaki before he came back and beat Brock for the title.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's gonna be Punk vs Sheamus in a unification match. Punk will win, and then debut a new theme AND a new belt.

Getting rid of the world championship would be lame. The Big Gold Belt design is the best belt design. Ever. Except when you paint blue shit on it.

strobogo

Banned
Why do people want Punk to get new entrance music? Cult of Personality is awesome as fuck and actually now makes sense with his heel turn.

Anth0ny

Remember when Austin went out at the peak of his popularity for 9 months and no one was in line to replace him?

except rock

and foley

and taker

and hhh

and big show

and angle

and kane

and jericho

and ******

god damn it

XenoRaven

Just saw this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ3jbkh_C1c&feature=related
What was with the second belt? I wasn't watching back then.

Cena winning the old belt and Punk having the new belt and coming out with it would be pretty badass.
Punk beat Cena for the belt at MitB, and then left the company. The next night on RAW they had a tourney for a new WWE belt since Punk had absconded with the one they had. Rey Mysterio won the tourney, but then he technically owed Cena a rematch since he had never gotten his after losing to Punk. So Rey held the belt for like 20 minutes before Cena took it back. Then Punk came back with his belt and called Cena a paper champion and that his belt didn't mean anything.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Punk beat Cena for the belt at MitB, and then left the company. The next night on RAW they had a tourney for a new WWE belt since Punk had absconded with the one they had. Rey Mysterio won the tourney, but then he technically owed Cena a rematch since he had never gotten his after losing to Punk. So Rey held the belt for like 20 minutes before Cena took it back. Then Punk came back with his belt and called Cena a paper champion and that his belt didn't mean anything.

Punk walk out of the company with the title at mitb. So they held a tounry to determine a new champ.

Thanks yo, I also hit up wikipedia.

Remember when Austin went out at the peak of his popularity for 9 months and no one was in line to replace him?

except rock

and foley

and taker

and hhh

and big show

and angle

and kane

and jericho

and ******

god damn it

Well, eh, screw Bigh Show and HHH, but I hear you loud in clear.

I wonder what shit will be like in 30 years? Are there going to be any wrestlers on the same level anywhere in the world? When we look back 30 years I respect some of them, but I don't really enjoy it.

Top Bottom