• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Seriously. Taker is best as a heel, imo, even if it would now be close to impossible for the WWE audience to see him as such, and one of the reasons that stables are fucking awesome is that it gives underused guys like Yoshi something worthwhile to do.

No one said anything of the sort, and now you're just being facetious.

At the time I didn't like Taker's Biker Gimmick, but currently rewatching it and... it's not that bad! Comes down and kicks arse and then disappears on his bike.

bangai-o

Banned
Hate to barge in, but Botchamania 215.

"Dont youtube Chris Benoit"

dammit. an ICP Video?
piper.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
House show results:
Big Show defeated C.M. Punk by DQ in a lumberjack match. Show’s music hit to a good poop but it took a good minute for him to come out, weird. It was awkard seeing him as a face again. Punk entered to a 50/50 reaction. He is the best heel with his crowd work down the ramp. He worked over a few youngsters and he mocked John Cena. AJ’s music hit and she informed the crowd its a lumberjack match. Punk said she is the worst GM ever due to being a woman. The crows ate it up. He told the crowd he was going home but the lumberjacks nixed that. Every male superstar from earlier in the card was at ringside

The show opened with AJ Lee coming out to make an announcement but she was cut off by CM Punk and Paul Heyman interrupting her. Punk said he doesn’t need to work tonight because John Cena is hurt and is not there to compete. AJ tells him the fans will decide what match he was have and it will be against the Big Show. The choices were Best Two out of Three Falls or a Lumberjack Match and they had the fans voting via text messaging.

I guess we'll get a whole month of Big Slow ahead of us as a replacement for Punk vs. cena at HiaC. :(

Ah well, at least a guy like Punk can have a decent match with a guy like Show.

House show results:

I guess we'll get a whole month of Big Slow ahead of us as a replacement for Punk vs. cena at HiaC. :(

I've never liked big face vs small heel feuds. Has there ever been one that has worked in WWE?

pants

I've never liked big face vs small heel feuds. Has there ever been one that has worked in WWE?

Who was the heel between Diesel and Shaun Michaels? Cant remember that far back, also Sean Waltman vs Razor Ramon worked kinda.

Well if you count Goldust as "small" Goldust vs Razor culminating in the falls count everywhere brawl was kinda fun.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
so Big Show is face again?

Well...considering the night after Summerslam he felt like he got screwed over then destroyed Otunga who he was his bff during his heel days, yes.

WWE screwed it up by playing his promo AFTER the match instead of before.

krae_man

Smackdown live event has a Cena-Punk video package in it. And they want us to tout about it.

Dolph not allowed to wear pink even in live events.

What the fuck are "production values?" Serious question here. I usually see people cite this as their reason for not watching anything else but WWE, but I'll be damned if I know what they're talking about.

What the fuck are "production values?" Serious question here. I usually see people cite this as their reason for not watching anything else but WWE, but I'll be damned if I know what they're talking about.

Lighting and camera work are the most important parts of the old production values I think.
Then there's the lesser things that contribute on a whole like the Titan Tron/Stage setup and even novelty crap like fireworks.

And also what Kyoufu said.

Aiii

So not worth it
They have very bright lights shining straight into the camera at all angles except one for KOT. Very amateurish and avoidable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also I've mentioned it before, I really enjoy high production values - I loved Ring Ka King when it was on, and I like WWE's quality. It's nice. That said, I also love a lot of other promotions, but one that's never clicked well with me was RoH. Just sayin' though, there's no REAL wrestling fans vs fake in here. We're all the same breed.

• High defintion broadcast with surround sound
  • Slick on-screen graphics
  • Nicely designed set with a big ass screen
  • Licensed music as well as quality in-house produced entrance themes that are distinct and recognizable
  • Pyrotechnics
  • Bruce Buffer
  • Performers conforming to a professional standard of grooming and appearance
  • High quality ring gear
  • Large crowds

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
  • Licensed music as well as quality in-house produced entrance themes that are distinct and recognizable
  • Pyrotechnics
  • Bruce Buffer
  • High quality ring gear
  • Large crowds

The HD and quality control are some of the biggest things for me. Quality as in forcing people to be in proper shape, which unfortunately a lot of indie feds (due to their nature) don't enforce really. The pyro is nice, all the other stuff is NICE, but the HD and cutting edge feel, technologically, is important. WWE's production team is really good, I'd say on the level of any major event's.

• Pyrotechnics
  • Bruce Buffer
  • High quality ring gear
  • Large crowds

Oh, ok. Thanks guys. I mean, I still don't get why this would be someone's only reason for watching WWE, but it's nice to know what people are talking about.

20120919_article_FULL_groups_FLOCK.jpg

Punks group would be jobbed out hard

I can't believe how much shit WWE have saddled Claudio with by; making him a rugby player, giving him awful music and and awful finisher, making him feud with Santino and making him go through the rigmarole of "heel dumps girlfriend after she costs him match" that WWE seems to love so much. If there's ever a time when Claudio's hugely over in WWE, be it as heel or face, I'll be surprised, because they've totally botched his first few months.

He's still getting a better shot than most indy guys.

Oh, ok. Thanks guys. I mean, I still don't get why this would be someone's only reason for watching WWE, but it's nice to know what people are talking about.

People like a spectacle, it's as simple as that. Same thing in movies and games. Oftentimes a better product will be seen by less and it'll come down to how much money is behind it, and ease of access. It's like Transformers vs. lower budget, barley marketed, "only in 1 theater for 3,000 miles" action movie. The latter is probably the better movie, but how many are willing to go out of their way to search for it? Then there are other factors like branding, familiar names attached to crew and characters, etc. etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is not footage of AJ in WWE '13. I have not been waiting for this!

Shame THQ isn't bust yet, I need a fresh company's take on the franchise...

Yukes would still be the develoeprs regardless of THQ. WWE and them are on 'good terms'

UberTag

House show results:

Bring back the Straight Edge Society so Big Show can singlehandedly decimate them again! Those were fun times. Then, Punk can lose a zillion matches to Rey and Orton.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bring back the Straight Edge Society so Big Show can singlehandedly decimate them again! Those were fun times. Then, Punk can lose a zillion matches to Rey and Orton.

OR when he had a feud with Cody and it built up Cody as the heel but then Big Show won and moved on so that it did nothing but hurt Cody's character

Top Bottom