• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Guzim

20120919_article_FULL_groups_%24%24%24.jpg

Poor Ted DiBiase Jr. He's not even included in the fake new Million Dollar Corporation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, untill EA offers them a case full of money for the license.

WWE is only loyal to moneys.

Why would EA? They got the UFC license which is probably worth more in gaming.

I'm pretty sure if EA wanted to do WWE games, they would have gotten it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why would EA? They got the UFC license which is probably worth more in gaming.

I'm pretty sure if EA wanted to do WWE games, they would have gotten it.

WWE is more profitable then UFC. Why do you think THQ got rid of UFC instead of the WWE license?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE is more profitable then UFC. Why do you think THQ got rid of UFC instead of the WWE license?
Because EA offered to buy the UFC license and not the WWE one. Because UFC 3 actually had effort put in it because it was done by a different Yukes team and that's why that team went to EA.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, no. The WWE license earns THQ money, money they need to keep afloat. UFC was easy cash so they could make it to the release of Darksiders 2 and WWE '13.

Don't forget, UFC is only popular in a very small market. WWE has worldwide appeal.

Hell, that shit even sells great in my country and people here haven't seen wrestling on TV since the late 90's unless we count the 1 hour WWE show on Eurosport (which we shouldn't).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No one said anything of the sort, and now you're just being facetious.
No offense, Bootaaay, but that is axactly what Bill was saying. If you're just watching WWE, then "you're not a wrestling fan, you're an entertainment fan."

Yes, I fixed his botched grammar, but here's the quote.

Preach on brother! I'm hoping the real wrassling fans will be joining us later for night three because it is that good. I also hope I don't see any complaining about WWE from here on out as the majority of you seem to only watch what they give you and even when given the chance to try something new you still only watch the E. Your not wrassling fans, your entertainment fans.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, EA has the money. If they wanted, they could have easily swiped WWE from THQ. THQ's so desperate that they're the only ones who would put up with WWE's politics. EA would only make WWE games if it cost them pennies, and as I said before, WWE has a close relationship with Yukes, so it will never happen.

You know what happens when THQ goes under? Majesco publishes Yukes games OR WWE makes 'WWE Games' and publishes it themselves. The developer stays the exact same. It is not worth dealing with Vince and co to a major publisher like EA or Activision or Warner or anyone else.

Sokantish

To be honest I was planning on participating in the KOT thing but then the whole tattle tale thing happened and kind of soured my enjoyment of this thread for a couple weeks so I didn't really participate much at all in this thread

EDIT: To be clear, I don't have anything against anyone that had anything to do with that

SoulPlaya

more money than God
To be honest I was planning on participating in the KOT thing but then the whole tattle tale thing happened and kind of soured my enjoyment of this thread for a couple weeks so I didn't really participate much at all in this thread
What a twist! Sandman's snitching comes back to haunt him, lol. You see this folks? I told you nothing good would come from snitching on Kane art! Now, you've gone and hurt Sok's feelings. Well, buddy, here's a weird piece of Kane art just for you.

McNei1y

Thanks aiii I thought I was the only one that noticed that Show had a good poop.

Anyway, just give me the new NWO and Four Horseman and I'd be happy. Those groups seem pretty legit, especially the four horsemen.

What a twist! Sandman's snitching comes back to haunt him, lol. You see this folks? I told you nothing good would come from snitching on Kane art! Now, you've gone and hurt Sok's feelings. Well, buddy, here's a weird piece of Kane art just for you.

Yep, that pic conforms to the official rules of a hug-it-out, as per The Miz.

Laserfrog

Thanks for partaking in some Backyard Wrestling with me, I won 1 match out of many. He ain't Heavy he's my brother I thought was a good choice of song. I found out #comebackg-fex doesn't work as a twitter hashtag thingy. It doesn't like dashes, it's dash racist.

If you want G-fex to come back don't forget to write to your local congressman/local MP.

Watched Misawa vs Kawada from 2005, love that elbow finish;

iUMxUSs4fYwRS.gif

Professor Beef said:
"MDOGG20" is legitimately one of the worst wrestling names you can give yourself. It sounds like an AOL screenname from back in the mid-90's.

Yeah, it's truly awful - some other really fucking bad ones;

. BLK Jeez
. Krotch
. tHURTeen
. Shitty
. xOMGx

No offense, Bootaaay, but that is axactly what Bill was saying. If you're just watching WWE, then "you're not a wrestling fan, you're an entertainment fan."

Fair enough, it would be hypocritical of me to agree with that, as while the WWE product isn't suited to my tastes I still watch week after week, and still find enough enjoyable wrestling to make it worth my while. It's all good.

"Mantaur" at least sounds like a name you would associate with a gimmick, like "Rhyno." Lots of wrestlers use dumb animal names but it works. Without even seeing any footage of him, "Mantaur" sounds way more threatening than "MDOGG20" ever will.

OK, that's a valid point. With that in mind, Mantaur isn't as bad as MDOGG220. Mantaur is about two rungs above that, right next to Loch Ness, Max Moon and Terra Ryzin. But there are still worse names, like the Ding Dongs or Puke. It's better to have no gimmick than to have a gimmick that makes you look like a bellend, figuratively or literally.

Yeah, it's truly awful - some other really fucking bad ones;

. BLK Jeez
. Krotch
. tHURTeen
. Shitty
. xOMGx

Those were randomly generated. They have to be. I refuse to believe that someone looked at those names, and signed off of them.

A lot of the people in WWE have bad ring names in my personal opinion. Dolph Ziggler is a name I'm not too fond of.

DOLPHFACTS

Nemeth revealed in Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast that he chose the name "Dolph" because that was his grandfather's name and he said that his friend suggested the name "Ziggler".

Nemeth is also fluent in American Sign Language.

He appeared on the November 3, 2009 episode of Deal or No Deal with Maria Kanellis and Eve Torres.​

IT'S SO BAD! :lol

That'd be like if I gave you a wrestling name like "knOWLedge." GET IT? Because it has OWL and they're depicted as wise!

Yeah man, what a lame name!....
I love it, help me!

tHURTeen is on a whole different level because it sounds like the sort of "edgy" name an actual thirteen year old would name their tattoo covered created wrestler.

xOMGx really sells his name with that Zelda tattoo.
Well I guess it takes courage to use a name like that but he certainly lacks wisdom, doesn't look very powerful either.

Top Bottom