• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Mostly weekly shameless plug time!

I was all over this weeks show but had two main spots -
1. There was a big wrestling ring cake that was being given out to fans during intermission. I had said earlier no one should touch that cake because it was for me and my 400 pound wrestler's celebratory dinner. Here's what happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5sIy7d9Fyc&feature=share

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbI52aZrANc&feature=youtu.be Good friends better enemies time, former tag partners split by me not inviting Drake into my Golden alliance. The blowoff was a B-Arthur Brawl which of course means there's no rules. There's some thumb tacks which the Oklahoma commission lady said "never again" after this.

I also did some ridiculous group pictures you can find at http://srpw.shutterfly.com password is srpw

Enjoy! http://www.facebook.com/BArthurisgolden

1. There was a big wrestling ring cake that was being given out to fans during intermission. I had said earlier no one should touch that cake because it was for me and my 400 pound wrestler's celebratory dinner. Here's what happened

I was so sure that guy was going to get lobbed over the top rope from behind and fall face first into a delicious demise but I can settle for what happened.
So was it a good cake?

strobogo

Banned
I was watching some of the Falls Count Anywhere DVD on Netflix...Jesus Christ, that Sting/Booker vs LOD match. Has to be one of the biggest messes I've ever seen. And it was a half hour long, but feels like an hour and a half. I remember really liking that as a kid and the randomness of Booker T and Sting teaming. But fuck. It would have been a perfect 10-15 minute brawl. But it just kept going on and on and on and on. And repeating spots. I'm pretty sure they did a "Hawk no sells a piledriver" spot 3 times, once on the floor. Piledrivers don't work, but DDTs do, for some reason. At least 3 top rope lariats from Hawk. I think Sting tried his super awesome Superfly Splash twice, Booker hit probably 7 Harlem side kicks and a few scissor kicks...it just went on forever. Completely aimless brawling where no one knew what the hell to do for most of the match. A half hour of it. If it had been cut in half, it would have been a great, wild brawl.

G-Fex

I was watching some of the Falls Count Anywhere DVD on Netflix...Jesus Christ, that Sting/Booker vs LOD match. Has to be one of the biggest messes I've ever seen. And it was a half hour long, but feels like an hour and a half. I remember really liking that as a kid and the randomness of Booker T and Sting teaming. But fuck. It would have been a perfect 10-15 minute brawl. But it just kept going on and on and on and on. And repeating spots. I'm pretty sure they did a "Hawk no sells a piledriver" spot 3 times, once on the floor. Piledrivers don't work, but DDTs do, for some reason. At least 3 top rope lariats from Hawk. I think Sting tried his super awesome Superfly Splash twice, Booker hit probably 7 Harlem side kicks and a few scissor kicks...it just went on forever. Completely aimless brawling where no one knew what the hell to do for most of the match. A half hour of it. If it had been cut in half, it would have been a great, wild brawl.

sounds like WWE 12 matches

more specifically a match between spindashing and DJSandman

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbI52aZrANc&feature=youtu.be Good friends better enemies time, former tag partners split by me not inviting Drake into my Golden alliance. The blowoff was a B-Arthur Brawl which of course means there's no rules. There's some thumb tacks which the Oklahoma commission lady said "never again" after this.

I also did some ridiculous group pictures you can find at http://srpw.shutterfly.com password is srpw

Enjoy! http://www.facebook.com/BArthurisgolden

LOL "Who's cake is that!"

Great stuff

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey friends.

Fight of Fighters 2013 is now rendering! It should be ready within a couple hours. It clocks in at almost 25 minutes!

Should be a fun watch - between the render and the youtube upload, well, I'll let y'all know when it's time to party.

Stay tuned guys :D I'm not impressed with my video editing like Laserfrog can do, but I think we churned out a respectable product.

G-Fex

Hey friends.

Fight of Fighters 2013 is now rendering! It should be ready within a couple hours. It clocks in at almost 25 minutes!

Should be a fun watch - between the render and the youtube upload, well, I'll let y'all know when it's time to party.

Stay tuned guys :D I'm not impressed with my video editing like Laserfrog can do, but I think we churned out a respectable product.

hurry the fuck up man I got to sleep in a hour

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
bah

I can't be the only youtube director who can upload two hour long videos can I?

No, I can upload long ones, but you see, I had to finesse it a bit, I had to add title cards, music, sound!

I gotta MAKE the video, then publish to yerptoueb.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sound?? Pfft these talkies are just a passing fad.

You'd think so, after finding out half of the matches submitted had no sound :D

But I made do. I hope you all like the Return of the Mack.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/20-memorable-debuts/

WWE.com have a memorable debuts list, which is actually pretty decent for once, apart from a thoroughly phoned in high entry for Cena (some of which reads like the writer just copy pasted some "Cena our Lord and Saviour" lines from a list). They even remembered Vader's H.R. Giger steam helmet.

Man I was getting worried that Kane wasn't there for a minute but WWE put him in the perfect position.
Really that list highlights something missed from this modern era, without any rival companies on WWE's "stardom level" for lack of a better term we just don't get instant big name debuts anymore, everyone just comes crawling up from developmental including some of the more well known independent wrestlers in the same basic manner and settle into some variety of mid card position, I mean the most modern thing on the list was Nexus and it's hardly a real debut when NXT season 1 was airing for the previous 3 months with some of these guys also being on Raw.
Cena being as high as he was is pretty silly, it's a solid debut but nothing more.

Ithil

Man I was getting worried that Kane wasn't there for a minute but WWE put him in the perfect position.
Really that list highlights something missed from this modern era, without any rival companies on WWE's "stardom level" for lack of a better term we just don't get instant big name debuts anymore, everyone just comes crawling up from developmental including some of the more well known independent wrestlers in the same basic manner and settle into some variety of mid card position, I mean the most modern thing on the list was Nexus and it's hardly a real debut when NXT season 1 was airing for the previous 3 months with some of these guys also being on Raw.
Cena being as high as he was is pretty silly, it's a solid debut but nothing more.

This is why people want Dean Ambrose to have a "big" debut, right into the major angles. People like CM Punk, Bryan, they started low down and it's taken a while for them to get where they are. Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro seem like they're going to end up doing well in the long run, but even then they started pretty small (even if Sandow got some vignettes before his debut, it was just another segment).

When's the last time someone really made a huge debut that put them on the map right away?

DMczaf

How in the FUCK is Cena's debut the 4th most memorable in history?

Jesus fuck, I'm shocked Triple H doesn't have like 5 debuts from his many returns on this list if Cena's jobber debut is somehow #4 all time.

strobogo

Banned
I forgot to mention how funny I though it was that WWE now dubs in Cactus Jack's WCW theme over his WWF one when for the past decade they've dubbed the WWF one into any ECW or WCW match he had. Now it is the other way around. Made me giggle.

Also, fuck, Big Show looked really svelte at the end of 1999. It's also weird seeing him with long hair again. His match with Kane on the Falls Count Anywhere set is pretty awesome. Kane hits one of the craziest, most impactful enziguri I've ever seen. Starts as a regular match, Big Show gets DQ'd. HHH and Steph decide to make it a no DQ match. Then they get counted out. So they decided to make it no count out and falls count anywhere. Lots of big bumps on the floor, including show getting back dropped over the railing that was crazy. Not like the rolling one he takes now, but a full on back body drop on the floor. Looked awesome. And a few body slams and belly to backs on the floor. And Show looking terrifyingly strong when he threw Kane up for the snake eyes on the railing like he was Rey Jr. Ends with a gnarly powerbomb through the announcers table. Kane losing meant that Tori had to spend the holidays with X-Pac, which sounds like the dirtiest and greasiest Christmas ever.

This is why people want Dean Ambrose to have a "big" debut, right into the major angles. People like CM Punk, Bryan, they started low down and it's taken a while for them to get where they are. Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro seem like they're going to end up doing well in the long run, but even then they started pretty small (even if Sandow got some vignettes before his debut, it was just another segment).

When's the last time someone really made a huge debut that put them on the map right away?
It's kind of sad to consider that Khali actually was the last sort of big debut, and he was awful.

At the very least WWE can give Wade Barrett a return that puts him straight back near the top.

How in the FUCK is Cena's debut the 4th most memorable in history?

Jesus fuck, I'm shocked Triple H doesn't have like 5 debuts from his many returns on this list if Cena's jobber debut is somehow #4 all time.

The best HHH return is yet to come when he returns from death by Lesnar/retirement/from behind the COO desk to get his revenge.

FyreWulff

Anyone think that Eddie Guerrero was on something after he joined the WWF? I mean, he got massive?

Do you think that he would still be alive today if he didn't take any of that stuff (if he did in fact)?

Yup, as said before, him and Rey especially were like night and day.

I forgot to mention how funny I though it was that WWE now dubs in Cactus Jack's WCW theme over his WWF one when for the past decade they've dubbed the WWF one into any ECW or WCW match he had. Now it is the other way around. Made me giggle.

Also, fuck, Big Show looked really svelte at the end of 1999. It's also weird seeing him with long hair again. His match with Kane on the Falls Count Anywhere set is pretty awesome. Kane hits one of the craziest, most impactful enziguri I've ever seen. Starts as a regular match, Big Show gets DQ'd. HHH and Steph decide to make it a no DQ match. Then they get counted out. So they decided to make it no count out and falls count anywhere. Lots of big bumps on the floor, including show getting back dropped over the railing that was crazy. Not like the rolling one he takes now, but a full on back body drop on the floor. Looked awesome. And a few body slams and belly to backs on the floor. And Show looking terrifyingly strong when he threw Kane up for the snake eyes on the railing like he was Rey Jr. Ends with a gnarly powerbomb through the announcers table. Kane losing meant that Tori had to spend the holidays with X-Pac, which sounds like the dirtiest and greasiest Christmas ever.
So Kane and Big Show have had a good or at least decent match in their hundreds of encounters, figures it was back when both men were particularly monstrous in their general physique.
Oh yeah, the X-Pac and Tori Christmas Story as X-Pac himself called it, in a way I swear that feud with Kane basically killed X-Pac's popularity.

And before someone mentions Kane/Show chain wrestling, as funny as it was it was still like a 5 minute long Raw match.

WWE.com's Top 20 Most Memorable Triple H Debuts.

My favourite is the one where he beats up Ric Flair at Raw homecoming after Flair spent weeks saying all this "my best friend stuff" in the most blatant telegraphing of his own demise seen for some time.

WCW Uncensored 1996 aka The Doomsday Cage match ppv with The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage) vs The Alliance to End Hulkamania (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Meng, The Barbarian, Lex Luger, Kevin Sullivan, Z-Gangsta and The Ultimate Solution) (with Woman, Miss Elizabeth and Jimmy Hart) just started right here http://www.blogtv.com/people/flemsey1. Let's watch together and share a few WCW related laughs.

DMczaf

WCW Uncensored 1996 aka The Doomsday Cage match ppv with The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage) vs The Alliance to End Hulkamania (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Meng, The Barbarian, Lex Luger, Kevin Sullivan, Z-Gangsta and The Ultimate Solution) (with Woman, Miss Elizabeth and Jimmy Hart) just started right here http://www.blogtv.com/people/flemsey1. Let's watch together and share a few WCW related laughs.

I got my mom to order this PPV when I was a kid.

:(

Aiii

So not worth it
BpqZc.gif

http://wrestlingwithtext.com/my-brief-and-uninsightful-recap/vol-113-wwe-smackdown-2012-8-31

rvd2kewl

At the building for RAW. Pretty sure I just saw Dean Ambrose go in the building. Probably a dark match tonight, but would be cool if he makes his official debut.

Also, FWIW, "Brock Plant" is hanging around the box office waiting for last minute ticket drops. He'll be at the show, but doesn't have a ticket yet.

strobogo

Banned
Man, Justin Gabriel has had the most hair styles in the shortest amount of time of any person I've ever seen. And every one of them is douchier than the last.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
At the building for RAW. Pretty sure I just saw Dean Ambrose go in the building. Probably a dark match tonight, but would be cool if he makes his official debut.

Also, FWIW, "Brock Plant" is hanging around the box office waiting for last minute ticket drops. He'll be at the show, but doesn't have a ticket yet.

Fucking Brock Plant.

Top Bottom