• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

jmdajr

I think a lot of people are just excited to see someone new, anyone new, in the main event picture (even if it's just to fill Cena's place for a month).

Don't worry, though, I'm still logical. I haven't jumped on the RyTrain.

I liked Ryback perfectly fine where he was. Not sure he'd ready for prime time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ryback is just there for a short feud on the next Raw or something, don't really get why there's such a big discussion about this. It'll be a fun one night thing ending in a short main event where Punk will go over (via shenanigans) while Ryback will go to HiaC to win the IC Title.

Seeing as the other option would be Big Show, I'm perfectly fine with their choice. I hope he throws some furniture at Punk as well.

Seeing as the other option would be Big Show, I'm perfectly fine with their choice. I hope he throws some furniture at Punk as well.

Yeah, I agree, it could potentially make for a fun match, while Big Show vs Sheamus is interesting because I actually want to see Sheamus win for once.

Striker

Ryback is just there for a short feud on the next Raw or something, don't really get why there's such a big discussion about this. It'll be a fun one night thing ending in a short main event where Punk will go over (via shenanigans) while Ryback will go to HiaC to win the IC Title.
Thing with that is, they just basically squashed the IC champion with him. Why should us fans expect them to have a common feud over the title, if it wasn't really a close contest previously? He's an awful worker, and can't talk - Ultimate Warrior was the same but he at least was mega over and drew in a lot of merch; Ryback has uh, a catch-phrase... I guess? He'll be in the ME circle here in the next several weeks until Cena comes back to wrestle, then who knows. Beating up jobbers every week isn't doing anything to further his character.

Albert/Tensai in TNA would be better for him, so would other stars.

Mr. Sam

Warrior could talk, it was just fucking nonsense. Spectacular fucking nonsense. Has Ryback ever even held a microphone? I've no idea if he can talk or not.

why wouldnt synctube be allowed? its a youtube play list with a chat. especially since it is relevant to the topic. also if anyone is interested this is going down tomorrow(speaking of synctube)

2330500-wrasslin3_super.png

This right here people, Danielson/Nigel is one of the best matches in ROH and in Danielson's career. You will do yourself a disservice if you miss this!!

Low RAW rating is disappointing.

RAW was pretty great this week. At least it shows people didnt stay around to watch Cena in the last hour right?

Oh and Smackdown looks like shit this week.

lol @ that HIAC match.

Those Smackdown spoilers...
Dark Match:

* Johnny Curtis beat Michael McGillicutty with a top rope leg drop.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Big Show opens SmackDown and he's not happy. He wants the World Heavyweight Title. Randy Orton comes out and hypes their match tonight. Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio are out next. Del Rio says he's the one who should get the next title shot. Orton ended up hitting a RKO on Del Rio and facing off with Show.

* Antonio Cesaro defeated Santino Marella with the United States Title on the line.

* Beth Phoenix beat Natalya.

* Eve Torres comes out and announces that Beth Phoenix is suspended while the Kaitlyn attack from Night of Champions is investigated. Booker T comes out and reverses the suspension. Eve blames everything on Teddy Long and storms off.

* Wade Barrett beat Zack Ryder.

* The Miz comes out for another MizTV segment. His guest is Sheamus but they're interrupted by Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. They end up fighting and Sheamus cleans house.

* Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow defeated The Usos.

* Ryback squashed Tensai.

* Randy Orton vs. Big Show is up next. Alberto Del Rio attacks Orton as he's making his entrance.

* Big Show defeated Randy Orton in the main event. Show vs. Sheamus is announced for Hell In a Cell.

So yeah....

kPxyM.gif

I can stand watching for
Rhodes and Sandow
, but I'm going to have to leave the rest of the show on as background noise. And I was so impressed after last week, too.

Well, as you yourself have mentioned, most of the rest of us don't trust the WWE. We are used to seeing the most simple decisions unravel in the worst ways possible. So it's less of a problem with the short feud itself, and more of a latent fear that a snap decision will be made and Ryback becomes one of the main guys for a long period of time.

Warrior could talk, it was just fucking nonsense. Spectacular fucking nonsense. Has Ryback ever even held a microphone? I've no idea if he can talk or not.

Actually, I think he spoke a few sentences during his earliest appearances on Smackdown. However, they were very short, labored statements, like the iconic "FEED THE MACHINE", the paradigm-shifting "FEED...ME...THREE", or my personal favorite, "SHARK, SWIMMING WITH DOLPHIN"

But I don't think he's ever actually cut a promo, or held a mic. He just sort of yells post-match so the cameramen can record his sentences.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what do you think of Barret's new finisher's name?

The Souvenir

I kinda like it, just because you can say "I'll give you a souvenir to take with you" in promos. Otherwise it's bad, but I like it just based on that.

So what do you think of Barret's new finisher's name?

The Souvenir

I kinda like it, just because you can say "I'll give you a souvenir to take with you" in promos. Otherwise it's bad, but I like it just based on that.

That's exactly what they're going for; it's like they named the move after a one-liner from an old action movie. But it would make more sense if Barret were like the type of character who would actually say stuff like that, and he wasn't like that before. That being said, I haven't seen him cut a promo or make a(n actual) threat on the mic since his return, so I hope he does something like that come Friday.

Aiii

So not worth it
All Raw and Smackdown stuff aside, I'm totally looking forward to Saturday Morning Slam!

A new masked luchador character made his WWE debut at Tuesday’s Saturday Morning Slam tapings from Buffalo, New York in a match against Sin Cara.

The wrestler, who was billed as “El Local,” was actually Alberto Del Rio’s personal ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez, in a mask. Prior to joining WWE, Ricardo Rodriguez wrestled as the masked wrestler Chimaera.

Check out this picture of Ricardo Rodriguez’s new luchador character:

ricardo.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's cool to see Chimaera again - he did it in FCW a lot and before. Good stuff.

I would love to see Ricardo in a match against someone like Ryder and just have him bust out all sorts of wrestling moves and win the match. Would get the crowd so damn hyped. I mean they popped at him doing a drop kick lol.

Inspired by his own valiant effort this past Monday and surviving multiple bro kicks, Ricardo should start leading a double life as masked luchador, Chimaera. Ricardo does this first to seek out his own personal fame as a wrestler until his uncle is tragically murdered by bullies, passing on his final words "Be a Star" to Ricardo. This inspires Ricardo to only use his wrestling powers to aide others.

Threatened by yet another masked Mexican coming in to rob him of his destiny, Del Rio will vow to have the no-good Chimaera destroyed by any means necessary. He will then turn to his personal ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez to take pictures of Chimaera hoping to expose his weaknesses.

Can our hero keep living a double life as the heroic Chimaera and the humble Ricardo, all while trying get the girl?
Find out on Saturday Morning Slam

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Inspired by his own valiant effort this past Monday and surviving multiple bro kicks, Ricardo should start leading a double life as masked luchador, Chimaera. Ricardo does this first to seek out his own personal fame as a wrestler until his uncle is tragically murdered by bullies, passing on his final words "Be a Star" to Ricardo. This inspires Ricardo to only use his wrestling powers to aide others.

Threatened by yet another masked Mexican coming in to rob him of his destiny, Del Rio will vow to have the no-good Chimaera destroyed by any means necessary. He will then turn to his personal ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez to take pictures of Chimaera hoping to expose his weaknesses.

Can our hero keep living a double life as the heroic Chimaera and the humble Ricardo, all while trying get the girl?

And with that, you've ensured that Chimaera will not be booked well, because Ideas From the Internet are never used.

Cagey

Banned

Stand back! There's El Nino coming through.

strobogo

Banned
How are ads chosen for YT videos? Is it random? I clicked on the Damien Sandow link and got a political ad that I couldn't even skip to get to the actual content. And it wasn't even for Linda. It was a local one. I thought just a political ad at all would be pretty weird, but then it being local made me think it probably had zero to do with WWE.

Ricardo's theory was my favorite. Also, I really hate all of Miz's mannerisms. He's pretty much at Kaz levels of "god, I hate everything about this human" for me. They're both massive tools that I wish were not involved in pro wrestling, or at least on pro wrestling I watch. I wish they'd both get fired from their companies and end up in ROH.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If WWE ever switched to real music for theme songs, Hate Me Now should be the only choice for Miz.

We have fake music for a fake sport.

Well I know what you mean, it's just that real music always sounded like such a bizarre term to me, there should really be a better way of saying it.

Just submit my survey entry Sunflower. Hope my picks win.

If WWE ever switched to real music for theme songs, Hate Me Now should be the only choice for Miz.

A guy at my local indy started using it in the past year when he turned heel. He was basically emo Jeff Hardy with a 14 year old's face so it was a natural transition, because I hated him on principle as a face.
He also started to get chubby, but I don't think that's part of the gimmick.

Remember how technically disastrous ROH's last iPPV was? Well, you can get the next one for free*

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/watch-glory-honor-xi-free

if you purchase a quarterly or annual subscription to their website.

I think this is going to be the first ROH iPPV I've ever skipped since they started in 2009. I don't trust ROH to pull it off without any problems, and I'd rather watch on VOD or DVD than waste an evening on an iPPV that doesn't work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember how technically disastrous ROH's last iPPV was? Well, you can get the next one for free*

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/watch-glory-honor-xi-free

if you purchase a quarterly or annual subscription to their website.

I think this is going to be the first ROH iPPV I've ever skipped since they started in 2009. I don't trust ROH to pull it off without any problems, and I'd rather watch on VOD or DVD than waste an evening on an iPPV that doesn't work.

If I...sub...arghh

Pass. Last one just...ruined me.

Ultratech

:loooooool @ Smackdown this week. Looks like I'm back to skipping the show.

While I don't normally read SD spoilers, I think I'll feel better not watching it this week.

Wasn't sure if I should laugh or act befuddled.

This will always be the best thing WWE did with The Miz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVOb9AW76oE

I remember watching WM27, but don't remember seeing that promo. Weird.

If I...sub...arghh

Pass. Last one just...ruined me.

Same here - such a disappointment, and really inexcusable considering it's 3 iPPVs they've botched now since running them in-house. It's a real shame too, as the card is shaping up to be pretty good;

Steen (c) vs Elgin
Corino & Jacobs (c) vs The Briscoes
Adam Cole (c) vs Eddie Edwards
Mike Mondo vs Mike Bennett
Jay Lethal vs Davey Richards
Roderick Strong vs Tadarius Thomas

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Same here - such a disappointment, and really inexcusable considering it's 3 iPPVs they've botched now since running them in-house. It's a real shame too, as the card is shaping up to be pretty good;

Steen (c) vs Elgin
Corino & Jacobs (c) vs The Briscoes
Adam Cole (c) vs Eddie Edwards
Mike Mondo vs Mike Bennett
Jay Lethal vs Davey Richards
Roderick Strong vs Tadarius Thomas

Had it just been bad luck, I'd be more apt to go for it, but like you said, 3 in a row that were having a bad, bad time - and the last one, I had some friends over to watch, well, that's enough for me to bow out of it for a long time.

Jitters

jLaSr4rzu2OTu.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Smackdown looks as boring as hell. I'm fine with
Show getting the shot though.

Top Bottom