• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Ithil

jayQq.png

Heel Punk + Heyman

TheNatural

My Member!
Apathetic about most of RAW but that was actually a nice ending. and this was the best commentary in a long time with play it straight Cole and Miz not being a heel on commentary.

WWE should learn from this, but they won't.

Tonight's episode was quite enjoyable. I had a gut feeling that I needed to watch from the top of the program tonight, and I actually don't regret it. That main event was on another level.

MG310

Good stuff tonight aside from the too long AJ/Vickie deal.

Nice to see Del Rio actually get to look like a main eventer.

Pretty solid main event and Heyman's drive by ice grill = looool

But how was the rest of the show? I skipped pretty much anything that didn't involve Punk and Bryan.

Brinbe

Damn Raw... whenever you feel like it's no longer worth it, they pull some amazing shit like that and drag you back in. Fucking company.

Kellen

Joey Styles ‏@JoeyStyles

I LOVE IT! @CMPunk left with @HeymanHustle after dropping @JohnCena! You just can't outsmart a "Paul Heyman guy" @WWE #RAW

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

But how was the rest of the show? I skipped pretty much anything that didn't involve Punk and Bryan.

relatively solid with actual good commentary by the fucking MIZ of all people (once he actually got going), with the exception of one fucking terrible AJ/Vickie segment

Also, does anybody else get the feeling that they told the Miz he'd be on commentary like five minutes before he actually went out there?

Everything that wasn't the main event or include Punk, Bryan, and Kane wasn't very good. The AJ/Vickie segment was fucking terrible

KissVibes

Banned
I absolutely can't wait until they start setting up Team Cena + Triple H vs Team Punk + Lesnar for Survivor Series.

Then Triple H can take on The Rock for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 29.

relatively solid with actual good commentary by the fucking MIZ of all people (once he actually got going), with the exception of one fucking terrible AJ/Vickie segment

Also, does anybody else get the feeling that they told the Miz he'd be on commentary like five minutes before he actually went out there?

that divas match and commentary was completely dreadful too, but that's to be expect. It's astonishing how terrible Miz was there (though Layla didn't help at all) and how much better he got along the way.

TheNatural

My Member!
I wonder what the Punk/Heyman angle will be.

Will they be dropping some old school bombs about how wrestling was and should be, and John Cena is the opposite of that, or will Heyman simply be a "legal counsel" type of character for Punk.

Striker

Really the hate around here is annoying sometimes. This raw was good best one since the 1000 episode. Made up last weeks raw that was boring.
You are comparing one show to a bunch of turds. The main event was finally worthwhile, but the rest lacked. They spent a good 45 minutes on nothing.

Really the hate around here is annoying sometimes. This raw was good best one since the 1000 episode. Made up last weeks raw that was boring.

Completely agree. I actually watched the Cena match this week. Angles dealing with boring announcers are terrible. Got rid of King for the night, and Miz's happened to be pretty good. Started peaking in the Slater/Ryder match. Liked that Miz brought up DiBiase's made up belt.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty solid Raw overall with an actual great main event match and an amazing and unexpected ending. What a refreshing thing to say.

Miz also did really well tonight. He was pretty rough early on, but he learned and improved over the course of the night, and by the final hour he was really pretty great on the headset. Please please please let this mean we can phase out Lawler. He doesn't even like to do the work on commentary anyway. Josh Matthews can do commentary, Regal can do commentary, Punk can do commentary, Miz can do commentary. They're not really hurting for options.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Miz also did really well tonight. He was pretty rough early on, but he learned and improved over the course of the night, and by the final hour he was really pretty great on the headset.

He wasn't just rough, he was damned terrible in the beginning.

By the end, he was better than Cole, though Cole still seems to be better at announcing when a match breaks down into chaos.

Punk + Heyman promos.

Jesus, can I just time travel to next week's Raw already?

I can tell you the main event right now:

Tag Team match-

John Cena & Jerry Lawler

vs.

CM Punk & Paul Heyman

Lawler and Heyman have legit heat according to those Gene Okerlund roundtable videos.

Pretty good RAW with decent to good matches

Also almost no recaps!

favorite things were
-Punk
-Kane and Bryan
-Del Rio "beat" Cena in a good match
-Ziggler beat Orton in a good match
-Miz Commentary
-Mysterio, Sin Cara tag team
-Ryder won in an ok match
-AJ asking Matt Stryker who he was
-Brodus gone for now while his dancer is suspended

BlazinAm

So.

Brock and Punk vs HHH and Cena at Survivor Series, then?

I will raise up a Team Heyman vs Team HHH/Cena, with punk and Brock being co captains. But I think wwe understands that there is more money in Brock being in a one on one match. Punk and Heyman shows that, there is only so far Punk and go with this angle and Heyman and take help get to whatever end goal comes about. I haven't watched raw yet but so far but the biggest program threads they have going are still somewhat intersting although I don't get how Orton is just there just to be there and why another Sheamus and Del Rio match.

Turok_TTZ

was very pleased with raw for a change. sure there was some bad but the good outweighed the bad for once.

dat punkxheyman connection

Top Bottom