• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Reiko

Banned
Raw seemed really long. It felt like they were struggling to fill time. But that ending was one of the best endings to a show in a long, long time.

Bryan/Kane hugging was fun. I thought Bryan was going to burst out laughing at one point.

When Vicki was yelling at her, AJ's face looked beautiful. I mean she is always beautiful ,but wow.

The main event was really fun as well. Not boring like I expected.

Why the hell did Kaitlyn lose? Triple Threat? Slater/Ryder match but no Sandow or Clay? Weird stuff.

Yeah, AJ's face looks great in HD. Vickie's face (Which I expressed earlier in this thread) is downright scary.

sephi22

One of the best RAWs Ive seen in a while. I know i dont post here regularly but i just had to post after the brilliant bryan-kane segments and dat ending

pants

Just bought that TNA Impact game that came out ages ago.

First wrasslin game I have bought since Smackdown : Subtitle goes here

Full line-up's for this weekend's iPPV double-header;

i0crzUrGaHlt0.jpg

http://www.wwnlive.com/event-evolve-09-08-12.html - from just $9.99 - bell-time; 5PM EST

Main Event, Tie-Breaker Match;
El Generico vs Samuray Del Sol

Grudge Match;
Ricochet vs AR Fox

Six-Man Tag Team Action;
Rich Swann & The Super Smash Brothers vs Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak & Orange Cassidy

Special Challenge Match;
Sami Callihan vs MASADA

Non-Title Match;
Johnny Gargano vs Jon Davis

Special Attraction Match;
Jigsaw vs Lince Dorado

SHINE Showcase Match;
Christina von Eerie vs Marti Belle

D.U.F. vs The Scene;
Pinkie Sanchez vs Caleb Konley or Scott Reed

iPgBp7bdxP9M5.jpg

http://www.wwnlive.com/event-czw-09-08-12.html - from just $9.99 - bell-time 8PM EST

CZW World Heavyweight Championship
MASADA (c) vs El Generico

Chri$ Ca$h Memorial Ladder Match - Title Unification - Both Titles are on the Line
CZW World Jr Heavyweight Champion A.R. FOX vs CZW Wired TV Champion Dave Crist

CZW World Tag Team Championship
Danny Havoc & Devon Moore (c) vs Mr. Tofiga & Alexander James

Sami Callihan & Jake Crist vs The Super Smash Brothers

Rematch from Tangled Web
Rich Swann vs Shane Strickland

Fallout from the Break Up of BLK OUT
4Locos' Alex Colon vs Blk-Out's Ruckus

Chri$ Ca$h Opportunity Match
Pepper Parks vs Kekoa

Who's watching? Should be an awesome night of wrestling. I'm really looking forward to both Generico vs Samuray and Generico vs MASADA, the AR Fox vs Dave Crist ladder match, and AR Fox vs Ricochet.

strobogo

Banned
How the fuck is CZW still around? It's been around longer than ECW and will surpass WCW if it lasts to the end of the year. What the fuck?

How the fuck is CZW still around? It's been around longer than ECW and will surpass WCW if it lasts to the end of the year. What the fuck?

There's always money marks willing to buy promotions like this - in CZW's case, Zandig sold-up to DJ Hyde, a shitty wrestler and worse booker who puts himself over at every opportunity. Even more perplexing is how Ian Rotten got a bunch of fans to buy IWA-MS and then hire Rotten as the head-booker!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Let me guess, Daniel Bryan?
RAW_1006_Photo_105.jpg

Guess what won?

Also, Punk walked out on a Champion vs Champion match against Sheamus because he didn't want to curtain jerk at 8 o'clock, took a vacation day and left the arena by car.

Miz was on commentary with Cole most of the night because Punk beat up King before the show. Totally sucked at first, but was really good by the end.

Cena and Del Rio actually had a damned good falls count anywhere match at the end of the show. Del Rio won when the match went backstage and Punk interfered by kicking Cena in the dome out of nowhere.

Punk then got back to the car, held up his title, and the car slowly drove past Cena's unconscious form, revealing the driver to be...

Paul Fucking Heyman.

Enfinit

RAW's ending was actually pretty decent. Cena/Rio match was excellent, and the Heyman reveal was nothing short of epic.

tm24

There's always money marks willing to buy promotions like this - in CZW's case, Zandig sold-up to DJ Hyde, a shitty wrestler and worse booker who puts himself over at every opportunity. Even more perplexing is how Ian Rotten got a bunch of fans to buy IWA-MS and then hire Rotten as the head-booker!

Hey, at least some of those fans got Ian fired at Taco Bell.

Aiii

So not worth it
I MARKED THE FUCK OUT BRO!

Well done WWE, give me more of exactly what I want please! MORE! FEED ME MORE! FEED ME MORE!

But seriously, I asked for Heyman/Punk at SummerSlam, and now I'm getting it. It's like they're in my mind, yo!
bitch!

Also, no Funkasaurus +1, no LAWLER ON COMMENTARY AGAIN! +50. Please tell me this all leads to Lawler retiring from commentary! That would be amazing. I'll even take Miz, he wasn't half-bad either.

One more thing, Cole saying Wrestlers instead of Superstars, good man. It's all because of Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
There was still a segment where people who watch this show voted for two grown men to hug.

And I was in tears
of laughter
for half of it. They stretched it too long at the end, but that was too damn funny.

I esp. liked how D-Bry couldn't keep a straight face for a second.

G-Fex

RAW_1006_Photo_105

Guess what won?

Also, Punk walked out on a Champion vs Champion match against Sheamus because he didn't want to curtain jerk at 8 o'clock, took a vacation day and left the arena by car.

Miz was on commentary with Cole most of the night because Punk beat up King before the show. Totally sucked at first, but was really good by the end.

Cena and Del Rio actually had a damned good falls count anywhere match at the end of the show. Del Rio won when the match went backstage and Punk interfered by kicking Cena in the dome out of nowhere.

Punk then got back to the car, held up his title, and the car slowly drove past Cena's unconscious form, revealing the driver to be...

Paul Fucking Heyman.

Wow that's uh....something.

Man I wish I could see that Tessmacher gif, fucking phone.

Stay away from her guys, she's MY Waifu

you're really hating on one of the best segments on the show?

To be fair, it was extremely drawn out. As was the Vickie/AJ segment, and the opening promo where Sheamus talked in circles about nothing. I skipped a ton but I'm betting other segments were drawn out as well. This is where the 3 hour running time hurts The Product™. Even if they were putting on 10/10 shows every week, 3 hours is too much. The show lacks energy.

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair, it was extremely drawn out. As was the Vickie/AJ segment, and the opening promo where Sheamus talked in circles about nothing. I skipped a ton but I'm betting other segments were drawn out as well. This is where the 3 hour running time hurts The Product™. Even if they were putting on 10/10 shows every week, 3 hours is too much.

It doesn't nescessarily have to be though. They're currently making a two hours show and extending it by just making the segments longer.

They could have used the extra hour to build more stars, but in the current WWE that's just too much to ask. I mean, they didn't build the tag-team match that's coming up, they didn't use the time to build Sandow up more. And hey, why not introduce some of the NXT talent to the main roster. I know NXT doesn't air in the US, but why not give one of those folk a match on Raw every now and then. Just 10-15 minutes of Seth Rollins vs. current Raw star?

They have the option to easily fill 3 hours and still have all the segments they did tonight.

Because as you say, the segments weren't bad, I like the AJ/Vickie story. I liked the opnening segment. I liked the hugging segment. Just stop giving the talent 5 minutes of story and then 15 minutes to tell it.

Oh well, minor gripes. Raw was entertaining tonight. I'm actually kinda looking forward to NoC now. More so then I was to SummerSlam at least.

By the way, this just struck me.... What in the world happened to Big Show?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sheamus being shook by the crowd to the point where he couldn't hold his character was the best part of the show.

Spent this weekend watching some old Puro wrestling from 2000.

Memorial
Battle Station
Super J Cup 2000 (which has horrible American Commentary!)

What I did like, until Super J Cup was that you weren't distracted by the commentary and could really appreciate the story being told in the ring. Also people being dropped on their heads.

Sheamus being shook by the crowd to the point where he couldn't hold his character was the best part of the show.

I noticed that, was lol.

Enjoyed Raw all-in-all, was raging when it looked like Cena was gonna be put ahead of BOTH F**KING CHAMPIONS AT ONCE lol then nope CM Punk answers my cries. Loved Punk burying Sheamus too, lolyourbelt.

All tied up with the end, it actually felt like an old wrestling show, where things happened often that held my interest, feels weird bro. :O

ecurbj

I liked last night's RAW. Ziggles won a match. The ending is what topped it off. Seeing Paul Heyman in the car at the end, just blew my mind. Him and CM Punk!?! Wow. The WWE is not using Cody right at all. It upsets me seeing this. And I'm starting to like Antonio Cesaro and Aksana. The theme song is nice too. WWE needs to use him more. And the rugby attire needs to go though.

Overall nice RAW this week. Off to work now...

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope this leads to a Heyman-led stable. Maybe they can include AJ and
Dean Ambrose
. It can be like Evolution.

Since WWE is now giving me what I want, I feel more confident fantasy booking stuff.

I tired out around the time of the main event so I only just watched it, pretty solid match though Cena getting destroyed by that one kick was kind of lame, between that and King walking into Punk's foot of doom I have to think that Punk has overpowered feet.
Heyman's face was sort of hilarious and Cena provides use with yet more gif material with his cartoon style eyebrow raise, it's scary when you can actually predict Cena doing that the moment he glanced at ADR's car.
Well Raw was actually decent, I really do hope that this Kane and Bryan stuff leads somewhere great. Barrett's not even getting his promo things anymore, maybe because they only made like one, at this point i'm thinking he's not going to show up until after NoC.

Laserfrog

I'm catching up with FoF but not RAW! Ahaha take that Raw! My dreams were better than you! Well I don't know that for sure not actually having seen raw, but...but Guild Wars 2 turned up and I don't even play MOMOS what the hell am I doing?

That random as hell robot game in FoF looks funky fun, I can't believe I no showed the event like Chris Benoit at Night of Champions, except I wasn't you know, harming anyone.

Ithil

CM Punk should be fined indefinitely for assaulting Jerry 'The King' Lawler and John Cena and Vickie Guerrero should be indefinitely fined or suspended indefinitely for slapping RAW GM AJ Lee twice and I wish she was permanently fired from WWE forever
Wise words from the WWE Universe.

Ithil

The markier fans of wrestling are so very fickle, it's pretty funny. If Cena turned heel it would probably take two weeks before they'd all turned on him and declared him the "worst person in the would indefinitely" despite his seven years of being the good guy.

Kyoufu

The markier fans of wrestling are so very fickle, it's pretty funny. If Cena turned heel it would probably take two weeks before they'd all turned on him and declared him the "worst person in the would indefinitely" despite his seven years of being the good guy.

This is why it needs to happen.

Entropia

No One Remembers

He is indefinitely the worst person for ever.

Top Bottom