• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

I don't understand the hype of the bare knuckle brawling, but his finisher is an elbow. After talking about him punching dudes in the face for his living and for fun. An elbow. And they even said the elbow was that bare knuckle style shining through. Do guys throw a lot of short arm elbows in bare knuckle brawls in the UK?

Well I might but only because my elbow is fantastically boney, oh I mean yeah elbow strikes all over these mean streets.

Regardless I feel it's a much better finisher than Wasteland, also has the ability to be "out of nowhere". I'm glad the man himself knows where he should be in the grand scheme of things, in the title picture.

Striker

His return should've been taking out Orton, who is going to be out now filming his movie, right? At least it would've got him some heat outside the hype those vignettes gave. But I'm sure he'll be jobbing to Sheamus within a month or two.

Hey guys, childhood footage of Sin Cara~~

Oa2NB.gif

I almost feel bad for laughing at this. But damn it be funny.

Huh?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I feel so burned out lately with wrestling. Then I go and do something stupid like queue up a bunch of wrestling collections on Netflix.

Man I'm exhausted.

strobogo

Banned
Wade should have kept the longer hair, too. Coming back with long hair and a beard shows you mean business. Coming back with a trimmed beard and pomaded parted hair doesn't quite say that.

I hope he gets a rocket to the top. I can see him and Sheamus having some good, physical matches. At first I wondered why they'd put him back on Smackdown, but it has to be for a feud with Sheamus. I hope, at least.

I think the new finisher will be interesting when he does it in non-set up versions (from reversals, counters) as someone mentioned earlier, it has the potential to be a modern day Clothesline from Hell (And Elbows fucking hurt too).

Also it looks like he's going to have his FCW mercenary gimmick of sorts for the time being, which fits well into the Booker T/AJ Lee power struggle situation as he fits perfectly in that mold.

DMczaf

He needs a better beard if he wants to do this bare knuckle brawler thing. Looks too clean cut. Needs to go Daniel Bryan with it.

Ever since the Summer of Punk beards have been on a huge rise. Sandow, Ohno, Bryan, Barrett, Mahal, Gabriel, Camacho, Hunico have all become stars or have grown beards. It hasn't been all good, as we must not forget the tragic losses of Randy Orton's beard and David Otunga's goatee.

I, for one, like his new finisher. As said before, it could be treated as the new age Clothesline from Hell and I would like to see his finisher used in other situations.

I, for one, like his new finisher. As said before, it could be treated as the new age Clothesline from Hell and I would like to see his finisher used in other situations.

It's just a pity that they'll certainly feel the need to change Ohno's finisher if he ever gets called up - dude's whole gimmick is about KO'ing people with his various elbow variations (one of which Wade is now using).

strobogo

Banned
It's just a pity that they'll certainly feel the need to change Ohno's finisher if he ever gets called up - dude's whole gimmick is about KO'ing people with his various elbow variations (one of which Wade is now using).

He'll never get called up. Problem solved. He can be the new Dean Ambrosia.

Laserfrog

Darnit I'm bored, I played some Guild Wars 2 and cut down some trees and picked carrots and things like that. Also I'm glad Bully Ray is staying in TNA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Darnit I'm bored, I played some Guild Wars 2 and cut down some trees and picked carrots and things like that. Also I'm glad Bully Ray is staying in TNA.

I keep trying to play GW2 for any real amount of time but I always just do some menial little thing then play my 360 or PS3. It's so stupid. I guess no sub means no pressure, huh. It's not bad, I just...yep.

So obviously, we're all going to watch some wrestling. Let me dip into my stream archives if you all don't mind...

Oh, I just realized that. Did Claudio ever use that belly-to-back mat slam in the indies? Maybe Hero will whip out a new move, which probably sucks for the indie-heads.

spindashing, please be more careful. We don't want you getting banned:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1109
no gifs in my whole repertoire can even begin to react

tm24

Speaking of Evolve, Samuray Del Sol is gonna be working in Mexico for AAA for a bit. Really, its a shame it had to be AAA instead of CMLL. The matchups alone in CMLL would of been freaking amazing. Samuray vs Voladar, Averno and La Sombra would be some crazy shit

trunbuns

So guys, how great was Ohno this week?

hipsterohno.png

"What are you gonna do old man, armdrag me?"

Yeah, Ohno, and NXT in general, have been awesome recently. I've also really enjoyed the Ascension/Usos feud over the last few weeks.

My favourite thing about NXT is how WWE suddenly remembered that wrestling is entertaining in itself and that you can get characters over simply by them being involved in wrestling matches.

The booking is so simple it's beautiful. There should more tournament style booking on Raw. Wrestling matches are so much better when they mean something.

tm24 said:
Speaking of Evolve, Samuray Del Sol is gonna be working in Mexico for AAA for a bit. Really, its a shame it had to be AAA instead of CMLL. The matchups alone in CMLL would of been freaking amazing. Samuray vs Voladar, Averno and La Sombra would be some crazy shit

Is Jack Evans still in AAA? Del Sol vs Evans could be cool.

spindashing said:
Oh, I just realized that. Did Claudio ever use that belly-to-back mat slam in the indies? Maybe Hero will whip out a new move, which probably sucks for the indie-heads.

Nah, Claudio hadn't used that before - I guess Ohno could go back to using 'Hero's Welcome';

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6RlW3N18M4

He'll never get called up. Problem solved. He can be the new Dean Ambrosia.

Dean Ambrose is the new Seth Rollins, so I guess it's only fitting that Ohno takes his place once he's future endeavoured/left to rot/called up (lol).

Yeah, Ohno, and NXT in general, have been awesome recently. I've also really enjoyed the Ascension/Usos feud over the last few weeks.

My favourite thing about NXT is how WWE suddenly remembered that wrestling is entertaining in itself and that you can get characters over simply by them being involved in wrestling matches.

The booking is so simple it's beautiful. There should more tournament style booking on Raw. Wrestling matches are so much better when they mean something.

You can push NXT here every single week and people still ignore it for some reason. The thing I love the best about NXT is the commentary. Saxton is a fairly cromulent play-by-play, then Regal and JR are just phenomenal in their analysis and use of history.

Telling me why a wrestler is good at wrestling is so much fucking more interesting than "Daniel Bryan doesn't even own a TV" or "One time Ryback read a book". It's not rocket science.

tm24

Is Jack Evans still in AAA? Del Sol vs Evans could be cool.
Yep. Jack is super over in Mexico. It's why he hasn't come back to the States. He gets huge paydays over there. Is so super over with the ladies it's ridiculous.

Also, i miss the Hero's Welcome.

Also, i seriously laughed at how NXT made Rollins winning the belt feel bigger than anyone on the main roster winning either of the 2 belts with the video package on this weeks NXT. Seriously, JR is calling the win and The Fink announcing your win and having Dusty hand you the belt? Seriously, how awesome did that look?

Kaladin

I hope the best for Samuray Del Sol. He's a real talent. It would be nice to see him in the X-Division. This guy pulls out moves that most of the current x-division stars could only dream of.....even Kenny King.

tm24

I hope the best for Samuray Del Sol. He's a real talent. It would be nice to see him in the X-Division. This guy pulls out moves that most of the current x-division stars could only dream of.....even Kenny King.

With the news that Super Dragon is starting to slowly introduce some DGUSA guys, i hope Samuray is next after Swann.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow, the danger of the Doomsday Device would be mitigated if Animal just fell back with him as well. You could do a lot more control and it would be infinitely safer that way.

Wade should have kept the longer hair, too. Coming back with long hair and a beard shows you mean business. Coming back with a trimmed beard and pomaded parted hair doesn't quite say that.

I hope he gets a rocket to the top. I can see him and Sheamus having some good, physical matches. At first I wondered why they'd put him back on Smackdown, but it has to be for a feud with Sheamus. I hope, at least.

There really is something to that!!

strobogo

Banned
You can push NXT here every single week and people still ignore it for some reason.

Probably because it isn't readily available to watch and you actually have to search for it or go to torrents sites. And no one knows when a good spot to start is. I'm definitely more interested in what NXT is doing than Raw and Smackdown, but I don't want to have to search every week and hope links and videos aren't taken down.

Top Bottom