• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

somedevil

Raw Rating Breakdown:

The stuff with CM Punk, Jerry Lawler and Sheamus opened strong with a 2.90 quarter rating. Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton gained 25,000 viewers while the tag match with Tensai and Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara lost 175,000 viewers. The second anger management skit and the other segment with Punk and Sheamus gained 370,000 viewers at the 9pm timeslot.

Sheamus vs. Jack Swagger and Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres lost 85,000 viewers. The final anger management skit with Kane and Daniel Bryan arguing lost 310,000 viewers. Jinder Mahal vs. Ryback gained 243,000 viewers. Kane and Bryan hugging at the top of the 10pm hour lost 55,000 viewers for a 3.02 quarter rating - a bad number for that time slot.

Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro for the United States Title and Heath Slater vs. Zack Ryder lost 591,000 viewers and did a 2.53 quarter rating - one of the lowest of the year. This was the big drop in the show and the period that killed the third hour rating. The segment with Vickie Guerrero and AJ Lee gained 238,000 viewers while the Falls Count Anywhere Match with John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio gained 442,000 viewers for a 2.99 overrun rating - down a lot from usual.

Its weird that the AJ segment gained viewers. I think the problem is for people Raw is to too long.

Kaladin

Would you like another reason to watch King of Trios with us later this month?

DREAM MATCHES

WHAT?

DREAM MATCHES

WHAT?

You heard me.

Every year Chikara has to do something with the eliminated wrestlers on nights 2 and 3, so we get a few dream matches out of it.

Like this gem from 2009:

CHIKARA: Kota Ibushi vs. El Generico vs. Nick Jackson vs. Jigsaw (King of Trios 2009 Night 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XesuznnHaA

If you want to see some amazing shit, skip to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XesuznnHaA&t=9m46s

Aiii

So not worth it
Raw Rating Breakdown:

Its weird that the AJ segment gained viewers. I think the problem is for people Raw is to too long.

It's not really. People loved the AJ character, so it'll take a few more months of Creative writing it into this black hole before the WWE UNIVERSE catches on.

Raw Rating Breakdown:

Actually it looks like people are getting better at watching 3 hours. They watch just for the people they like and once they see people they don't like or jobbers they tune out right out. They know if they see zack and slater in the ring nothing's gonna happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good news Laserfrog - the Sleeping Dogs CM wants to post your video on their Facebook page.

i2dgk.jpg

Striker

Actually it looks like people are getting better at watching 3 hours. They watch just for the people they like and once they see people they don't like or jobbers they tune out right out. They know if they see zack and slater in the ring nothing's gonna happen.

There's going to have to be something new and exciting for the show to glide higher in numbers. The last event that happened for them was Brock returning, and they pretty much derailed his train of hype fast once Cena beat him. The WHC and WWE title scenes I don't find particularly exciting, either. For a WWE rating, it's well below even what bad years in 2008-2010 had.

somedevil

There's going to have to be something new and exciting for the show to glide higher in numbers. The last event that happened for them was Brock returning, and they pretty much derailed his train of hype fast once Cena beat him. The WHC and WWE title scenes I don't find particularly exciting, either. For a WWE rating, it's well below even what bad years in 2008-2010 had.

Its hard to compare but in 2009 and 2010 they did have 2.8 and 2.9 ratings. I think a problem is that they have enough talent for 2 hours but they are stretched thin for 3 hours. They also don't do the match order well and this leads to ratings problems.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Awww crap, please don't blame it on Bryan/Kane. I hope they realize that it's the best thing going on the show. Social media really picked up on it. Let the word of mouth carry it, and give it time.

Striker

Its hard to compare but in 2009 and 2010 they did have 2.8 and 2.9 ratings. I think a problem is that they have enough talent for 2 hours but they are stretched thin for 3 hours. They also don't do the match order well and this leads to ratings problems.
Overall I do think there's enough credible bodies to go around for a good 2-hour show. My issue there becomes stale feuds as a result from bad booking from past events or just uneventful stories. They'v done nearly every possibly feud they can leash out. There goes a point I simply don't care, and don't watch at all. When the show hits 2's as often as this does, it's not very good.

Also turning Smackdown into a Cruiserweight, tag, and development show would be the right way to do things. That is where a place like Regal-Ambrose should've taken.

Meh they are fine if they ever get in "trouble" ratings wise then they will just go back to 2 hours. If that doesn't work they will just shut down other divisions of the company to save money. If the wwe seems to be as terrible as everybody makes it out to be and tna is as good as everybody says it is I would love to see tna take them on again head to head, the last time they tried it was hilarious. As far as storylines go wwe has pretty much the rest of the year booked until wrestlemania. if you don't like cena, punk, rock, lesnar and HHH then don't watch raw anymore until after mania because those are the guys that are gonna get pushed for the main event scene. As far as the whc title is concerened that has potential with ziggler and Barrett they just have to take it off shaemus already he's terrible. I really want to see where this Paul heyman punk stuff is going, it can either be really good or decent.

If you want to see decent to good WWE wrestling than watch superstars or Nxt

somedevil

Awww crap, please don't blame it on Bryan/Kane. I hope they realize that it's the best thing going on the show. Social media really picked up on it. Let the word of mouth carry it, and give it time.

Don't worry they have Slater, Ryder, Santino and Cesaro to blame for the bad rating.

Overall I do think there's enough credible bodies to go around for a good 2-hour show. My issue there becomes stale feuds as a result from bad booking from past events or just uneventful stories. They'v done nearly every possibly feud they can leash out. There goes a point I simply don't care, and don't watch at all. When the show hits 2's as often as this does, it's not very good.

Also turning Smackdown into a Cruiserweight, tag, and development show would be the right way to do things. That is where a place like Regal-Ambrose should've taken.

Nxt, right now is the development show that people here like. It's done right but the problem is not on tv here and most have to wait till it hits online to watch it.

trunbuns

Also, i seriously laughed at how NXT made Rollins winning the belt feel bigger than anyone on the main roster winning either of the 2 belts with the video package on this weeks NXT. Seriously, JR is calling the win and The Fink announcing your win and having Dusty hand you the belt? Seriously, how awesome did that look?

I know. It made it genuinely feel like a massive moment. NXT kind of feels like a territory, it just has an awesome old school feel. I would love for it to have a PPV style longer show (just an extra half an hour or so) with some feud ending matches 4 times a year or so.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you guys are really paying for a fuckin czw stream?

czw?

really?

airhorn.

Striker

Nxt, right now is the development show that people here like. It's done right but the problem is not on tv here and most have to wait till it hits online to watch it.
It's a shame it hasn't been advertised well at all. I have seen its earlier shows and liked it, some decent characters and fun matches. Also, not like they care about Smackdown so it would give more guys some limelight, and in the same time keep some guys who can work well and have been in the company a while over there, i.e. Regal, Christian and perhaps Rhodes. Ideas that will never happen but seem more prepared and have better long term success than a repeated cycle of feuds.

Laserfrog

I'm an internet superstar thanks to Sunflower! Soon I'll be starting AMA on reddit and drinking fancy cocktails or something that people do.

strobogo

Banned
Meh they are fine if they ever get in "trouble" ratings wise then they will just go back to 2 hours. If that doesn't work they will just shut down other divisions of the company to save money. If the wwe seems to be as terrible as everybody makes it out to be and tna is as good as everybody says it is I would love to see tna take them on again head to head, the last time they tried it was hilarious. As far as storylines go wwe has pretty much the rest of the year booked until wrestlemania. if you don't like cena, punk, rock, lesnar and HHH then don't watch raw anymore until after mania because those are the guys that are gonna get pushed for the main event scene. As far as the whc title is concerened that has potential with ziggler and Barrett they just have to take it off shaemus already he's terrible. I really want to see where this Paul heyman punk stuff is going, it can either be really good or decent.

If you want to see decent to good WWE wrestling than watch superstars or Nxt

Sheamus is pretty great in the ring. Outside of the ring, he's not at all booked to his strengths. I wish they could combine what he's doing in the ring now with his post WWE Championship, pre KOTR character. That was great. This shit family stories of Irish lore has been awful, and he might be the biggest bully of all the faces right now. Which is especially weird since he's front in center in the Be a Star campaign.

But in the ring he has chemistry with everyone. He's not suited to be Irish Cena, though.

XenoRaven

Did You Know?

The Daniel Bryan and Kane #hugitout segment was the most socially active segment on RAW, beating out the CM Punk brawl, the US title match, and the Cena vs. Del Rio Falls Count Anywhere match combined.

Source: XenoRaven Media Research

Sokantish

My beliefs do not let me give any money to CZW.

I do want to participate in the King of Trios thing, will there be a digital version or do you have to order DVDs?

Sokantish

I saw in the OP that it said mp4 but I didn't know if that meant they were selling those or you guys were going through other means of obtaining it

trunbuns

Raw Rating Breakdown:

If they're going to stick with 3 hours then the 3rd hour needs to be balls out brilliant. Everyone knows that the Santino/Cesaro and Ryder/Slater matches won't mean anything next week. I didn't switch over but I did look away. It's not even about the level of talent involved it's just that the matches are only there to kill time.

Basically there is no motive behind a large proportion of the matches on Raw. Everyone should have a reason for being involved in a match even if it just climbing the ladder towards a title shot. Even with Ryback we at least understand that he is working towards something and that appears to be hooking people in. Ryder was interesting when he was clamouring for the U.S title and to become a star. Now he's just a goon in a headband wearing sunglasses indoors.

It's simple really, people will be less likely to tune out or get bored if what they are watching contains storyline developments.

I love soccer but I'm not going to waste my time watching a lower league friendly match.

jobber

Even if you bought a $45 PPV for 5 matches, you paid more for each of those matches than I will paying $10 for 2 matches at $5 each.

but i watched it in glorious WWEHD which was more than $45 on my tv.

can you dig it jive turkey?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WHO CAAAARES

If you get it, enjoy it for what it is THE END~

At least 3 matches are worth buying the show for, imo - Masada vs Generico should be good. Generico works well against larger opponents, and I'm pretty sure this wont prove to be one of those nights where Masada doesn't bother bringing his A-game. Chances are AR Fox vs Dave Crist will be a lot of crazy fun, although as it's CZW I won't go in expecting any sort of restraint from either guy. Also, Sami Callihan & Jake Crist vs The Super Smash Brothers could prove to be awesome. The SSB and Sami are on fire at the moment, and, like his brother, Jake Crist has improved a hell of a lot recently.

Why do people like Sami Callihan? I really don't see it...

A number of reasons; he's a tough son of a bitch, he shows good intensity, good facial expressions and he can sell really, really well when he wants to (although probably wont bother much on a CZW show*).

*when he was jobbing on ROH's HDnet show back in '09, which was my first exposure to him, the first thing I noticed was how awesome his selling was. He made a bunch of guys look really good on those shows, but with the brawling strongstyle he uses in CZW, BJW, wXw, etc, he doesn't really get much opportunity to show it.

jobber

I like how Mike Mondo, a member of the Spirit Squad, is one of the most over wrestlers in ROH

trunbuns

Just watching Smackdown. I hope that they keep Rey and Sin Cara tagging. It makes so much sense and Sin Cara looks so much better for it. Rey can speak for him and help him adapt to the WWE style. Eventually he puts over Cara in his retirement match. There is literally no better way for Sin Cara to become a big deal. No swerves needed.

Top Bottom