• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Kaladin

A number of reasons; he's a tough son of a bitch, he shows good intensity, good facial expressions and he can sell really, really well when he wants to (although probably wont bother much on a CZW show*).

*when he was jobbing on ROH's HDnet show back in '09, which was my first exposure to him, the first thing I noticed was how awesome his selling was. He made a bunch of guys look really good on those shows, but with the brawling strongstyle he uses in CZW, BJW, wXw, etc, he doesn't really get much opportunity to show it.

I'll never forget that first promo Sami cut on ROH on HDNet. "My name is Sami Callihan, and I'm the new "whore"." (He was supposed to say horror, but came off like whore.)

I like how Mike Mondo, a member of the Spirit Squad, is one of the most over wrestlers in ROH

I like how Dolph Ziggler, a member of the Spirit Squad, is one of the most over wrestlers of the IWC.

I guess I should note that I've mostly only ever seen his work for PWG. He always struck me as a lesser version of more interesting people (Rhino/Foley mostly). He also seems like he's cut from the Davey Richards' cloth of doing way too much and losing the plot.

I've been meaning to get into EVOLVE so maybe I'll be better exposed to him.

Just watching Smackdown. I hope that they keep Rey and Sin Cara tagging. It makes so much sense and Sin Cara looks so much better for it. Rey can speak for him and help him adapt to the WWE style. Eventually he puts over Cara in his retirement match. There is literally no better way for Sin Cara to become a big deal. No swerves needed.
Agreed Its a really good team that doesnt look forced and gets Sin Cara over to take Reys spot when he retires

SoulPlaya

more money than God
True story: Triple G is a substitute in Trio H if one of the members gets injured.
You hear that people? Good Guy Glen is such a good guy that he's willing to show up at an indy event just to give those youth someone to pattern themselves after. Hell, he'll probably let them go over too!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane went to visit India again (they've probably been clamoring for it ever since his last visit), and look who he brought along!

normal_wwe-kane-and-eve-in-india-exclusive-photos_28829.jpg

tumblr_ma04mmuAE11qlyce9o1_500.jpg

Sucks for Ohno, he's working hard to get his elbow over on NXT and it will be taken from him no doubt, WWE only cares about certain people though. On a far lesser scale I remember Otunga debuting s new finisher and then a week later Sheamus used it (white noise) and Otunga had to go back to his shit spinebuster

Loving NXT though there is a big range of talents from awesome to poor. Loving Ohno, Rollins, Wyatt and I love Big E's brief squashes and finisher although Richie Steamboat is pretty terrible as was Leo Crugers previous gimmick but they seem to have changed it now from south African Jinder Mahal to big game poacher

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Kane was never a heel when he came back.
He was trying to encourage John Cena to man up like a motivational speaker.

What did Cena do to repay him? Put Kane in an ambulance.

That John Cena. A man we all can be proud of [/JR]

Sucks for Ohno, he's working hard to get his elbow over on NXT and it will be taken from him no doubt, WWE only cares about certain people though. On a far lesser scale I remember Otunga debuting s new finisher and then a week later Sheamus used it (white noise) and Otunga had to go back to his shit spinebuster

Loving NXT though there is a big range of talents from awesome to poor. Loving Ohno, Rollins, Wyatt and I love Big E's brief squashes and finisher although Richie Steamboat is pretty terrible as was Leo Crugers previous gimmick but they seem to have changed it now from south African Jinder Mahal to big game poacher

If there's one guy on the entire roster (or in the entire world for that matter) that I worry less about having a finisher taken from than Cassius Ohno, I'm not sure who it is.

Chris Hero had at least 40 moves that looked like awesome finishers. Only about 5 of those were variations of the elbow. And personally, the elbow was never my favorite of the bunch. Hell, it wasn't even my favorite roaring/rolling strike of the bunch...that honor goes to "Cyclone Kill"--the roaring/rolling Yakuza Kick variation.

I doubt he forgot any of these moves when he went to developmental. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's come up with 10 more since then. LOL

XenoRaven

I feel like people either forgot or didn't know that White Noise used to be one of Finlay's finishers and it was called the Celtic Cross and it looked way cooler.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane was never a heel when he came back.
He was trying to encourage John Cena to man up like a motivational speaker.

What did Cena do to repay him? Put Kane in an ambulance.

That John Cena. A man we all can be proud of [/JR]
John Cena is never allowed back in India due to his treatment of Kane.

jobber

lol

they don't bring up Rey was WWE champion but they mention Rey was a 2 time World _______ Champion.

I feel like people either forgot or didn't know that White Noise used to be one of Finlay's finishers and it was called the Celtic Cross and it looked way cooler.

Yeh but it hadn't been used for a while before Otunga briefly adopted it

I am admittedly ignorant of indie wrestling so the only finishers I've seen of Ohnos are the rolling elbow and a spinning pump kick of sorts.

I always though the elbow looks easy to fuck up and legit knock someone out

jobber

well Sheamus did beat Finlay into retirement....

Cody retired Hardcore Holly and stole his finisher on top of that.

jobber

Josh Mathews on Miz being IC champ "This just being the beginning for Miz"

the beginning of what exactly?

Miz was WWE champion and won the main event of Wrestlemania 27. Where else can he go?!?

Josh Mathews on Miz being IC champ "This just being the beginning for Miz"

the beginning of what exactly?

Miz was WWE champion and won the main event of Wrestlemania 27. Where else can he go?!?

WHAT? This is the first I've heard about that. Someone inform The Miz, I think he could use that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What's the ETA on Bryan and Kane winning the tag team championships in the latest version of the Odd Couple?
Hopefully they'll skip the rematch and challenge for the belts at NoC. Kingston & ???? do nothing for the belts. At least Kane & Bryan would bring some attention to the titles.

Top Bottom