• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

strobogo

Banned
The Bray Wyatt promos are awesome as fuck. Probably the best "coming soon" vingettes since Carlito. They seem like trailers for a really creepy horror movie that I want to see.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't understand the hype of the bare knuckle brawling, but his finisher is an elbow. After talking about him punching dudes in the face for his living and for fun. An elbow. And they even said the elbow was that bare knuckle style shining through. Do guys throw a lot of short arm elbows in bare knuckle brawls in the UK?

Not really, but that's okay, everything he's done in dark matches and this Smackdown haven't been representative of it either. If only he could learn how to bare knuckle fight from Regal, who learned it from the mean streets of a family vacation destination.

There is too much Doubling and Tripling in wrestling

Double A
A Double
Double J
Triple H

STOP IT

You forgot AAA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NWxHMlgVxk&feature=player_detailpage#t=93s

Edit: Does nobody watch Smackdown? This place is dead.

ieRBxpzZN.gif

strobogo

Banned
I'm surprised Heath hasn't opted to get rid of his gyno. Especially during those months before the legends stuff started and he was no where to be found. I swear he was off TV for 6 months at least. I mean, it's mild, but it's pretty noticeable. You'd think they'd tell him to get rid of it.

Striker

at least we got 3 good weeks and a fucking awesome PPV from that promo.
They brought him back right then and had the tourney which was all for nothing as it led to Cena getting it.

It goes down with the Nexus angle, Lesnar's return, and Joey Styles' shoot/ECW return as one of WWE's bigger flops in the past six years. So you get current WWE's ratings because of it.

They brought him back right then and had the tourney which was all for nothing as it led to Cena getting it.

It goes down with the Nexus angle, Lesnar's return, and Joey Styles' shoot/ECW return as one of WWE's bigger flops in the past six years. So you get current WWE's ratings because of it.

I think the ruined Punk slower then they ruined nexus and Brock though.

Nexus and Brock didnt make it past there first PPV before they got hit with "Cena wins LOL".

Punk was ok until Nash and Triple H got involved at Summerslam.

Thats a whole 2 PPV's.

Way to reminded me about the Nexus though. God they fucked that one up pretty quick. Wade still hasnt recovered.

KenOD

Nexus is still so sad. They had everything right there and they just couldn't let it go through. I feel bad for all the guys, they could have easily gone a Nation of Domination route of them becoming their own characters without losing their strength or following by people.

strobogo

Banned
Nexus might be the biggest bungle since the Invasion. They had a real chance to make 8 new, viable stars. Then Dragon got fired, Tarver and Ryback got injured, they got rid of Black Cena, then they panicked and had Cena take them all out. Nexus should have won at Summerslam, and Wade for sure should have won the title from Cena. Then pretty much the same thing happened with the New Nexus, just quicker and with Orton instead of Cena.

No one came out of it better than if they had just debuted like normal guys after NXT. D-Brine came out of it ok, but that was after he was removed from the angle and off doing his own thing. The Corre stuff was terrible. Everyone either was hurt, removed from TV, or relegated to Superstars. There was a perfect storm that killed that angle. And then booking made it worse.

Wade should have been a true main event guy 2 years ago. Gabriel and Slater should have been legitimate IC/US Title level. Justin could have been the replacement Hardy and Slater should have been doing what he's doing now a year and a half earlier, preferably with the IC title. D-Brine ended up where he should be, but took the long way to get there. Darren Young could have been at the IC/US level, too.

It's crazy how far downhill Summer of Punk 2011 went after MITB. CM Punk vs. The System. It's simple. It wasn't about HHH, it wasn't about Nash. It was about Punk fighting for himself and everyone he felt was being held down vs. Vince and his golden boy, John Cena. The rest of the company should've been brought in eventually as it heated up, but not 2 months later, and certainly not HHH, Del Rio, or Nash. Looking back at all these promos over a year later, it's almost as if they were purposely sabotaging the angle. They also went WAY, WAY overboard with the long talking segments. After the initial Punk vs. Vince contract signing, no segment of that angle should've lasted over 5 minutes. Funny enough, "The Shoot" was only 6 minutes long, and it's the one part everyone will remember in 10 years.

- Punk return promo was 15 minutes
- Punk/Cena contract signing was 20 minutes
- Punk/Nash promo was 13 minutes
- Punk/Nash/HHH promo was 13 minutes
- Punk/HHH promo was 15 minutes
- Punk/HHH rambling contract signing was 15 long minutes
- etc. etc.

It's overkill. By the time Punk and H's fought, nobody cared about anything anymore, and HHH was coming off like "The peacemaker having to DEAL with this loudmouth annoyance" which hurt Punk's momentum. Then the Rock/Cena stuff came along and poof goes the hype. Of course WM does good numbers though so BUSINESS IS LOOKING UP AGAIN, WHATAMANEUVER. WE DON'T WANT HALF OF UNIVERSAL HD, WE WANT OUR OWN NETWORK, YO! WE DA HBO OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT

quoifi2u3bf8g123ifb812y3gf08o3 I'm done

Arment

Best moment since the attitude era, straight up.

I haven't watched wrestling since I was 14 and that made me want to watch again. He's fucking right. He's talented as hell. Unfortunately he just doesn't have the appeal or charisma like Rock, Stone Cold, etc.

I read a little about the speech: is it true that while it was up to him what to say that he got in trouble for that? For going too far or whatever.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Evolve card looks way better. I'll take El Generico vs Samuray Del Sol over El Generico vs Masada any day. Taking nothing away from Masada, of course, but Del Sol is just AMAZING.

KenOD

When it comes down to CZW and anything else, I always recommend anything else. I'm biased though as I don't like death matches, the idea of "extreme!" as though that excuses a bad match, and I can't shake the idea it's ran and operated by high school students.
If you like blood or pop spots just for the video clips or want to be part of something Botchmania will most likely use, then see it.

EVOLVE has always been good about a focus on building wrestlers and showcasing talent that will get you into other promotions due to it's shared roster with Dragongate, SHINE, guys from Japan, and people that can be off and on TNA (like Jigsaw). They want these guys to do well, be able to put on a good show, and hope you see them for many years to come. It's a great gateway into the world of U.S. indies.
Also The Super Smash Brothers and Chuck Taylor have great chemistry together, those three can entertain and have fun in a match.

tm24

General rule of CZW, if DJ Hyde is not on the card, its probably gonna be a great show. But that Evolve card is stacked, so if you only had one, Evolve.

Full line-up for the upcoming NJPW Super Jr. Tag Tournament;

• Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) - current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Champions
  • Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi)
  • Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask
  • Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
  • TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
  • Low Ki & Brian Kendrick
  • Jado & Gedo
  • Negro Casas & Bushi
Also, Tetsuya Naito returned from injury much sooner than expected, teaming with Tama Tonga in a losing effort against Pro-Wrestling NOAH's Naomichi Marufuji & Mohammed Yone.

Finally, in anticipation of wXw's Ambition III shootstyle tournament, the German promotion have uploaded two excellent matches from Ambition II - check it out;

Top Bottom