• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Sucks I won't be able to attend the Montreal RAW, probably won't be that good anyway.

hOxKW.gif

Cagey

Banned
The back-and-forth about the Summer of Punk Redux angle, how they fucked it up, Punk/Cena at MIT, wrestling proficiency, spectacle, etc. led me to pull up Lesnar's return again.

That fucking crowd. The dudes in the blue shirt + the ROH logo shirt at 45 seconds sum it up.

I can't wait to go to the RAW post-WM in April.

You don't watch either!

And I'm keeping up with the feuds, especially Bryan/Kane.

I'm allowed to be crotchety without having to sit through 3 hours since I'll just end up being crotchety anyway.
yeah, I'm using "crotchety" meet me somewhere

Kane pictures though? Nah. Either watch the show or stop the Kane posts and bring something worthwhile to the thread like...complaining about the thread...or deathmatches.

The funny thing is that Kane's actually been entertaining recently and you're not watching.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yup. Totally doesn't make sense since Punk is always praising Bret on Twitter and paying homage with his ring attire, but yeah, he'll get the boos.

Well Punk said he liked Cena a few times on tv, but once Cena showed no respect, Cena got his head kicked in.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm allowed to be crotchety without having to sit through 3 hours since I'll just end up being crotchety anyway.
yeah, I'm using "crotchety" meet me somewhere

Kane pictures though? Nah. Either watch the show or stop the Kane posts and bring something worthwhile to the thread like...complaining about the thread...or deathmatches.
OK, how about this for a compromise? I keep posting Kane pics, and when an indy PPV is on, I pretend to watch it and post along with the folks actually watching it. Every once in a while, I'll post, "wow, what a maneuver", "I can't believe this match", or "Anyone else's stream just die?"

How about that?

Snaku

Banned
But. . . . . . . but it's 3 hours!

Wait, you don't watch it either!

Yeah, I really tried to watch the replay on youtube yesterday, and outside of Punk, Bryan, and Kane it was so boring. And that was without commercials. How does this show keep everyone's attention for that long?

Raw needs something akin to WCW Nitro's cruiserweight division to fill in the boring gaps when those three are taking a break.

Yup. Totally doesn't make sense since Punk is always praising Bret on Twitter and paying homage with his ring attire, but yeah, he'll get the boos.
Sure it does. Punk will come out and be a dick and ask Bret to admit that Punk's the new best in the world, trying to buddy up to him while being condescending. Bret will get bothered by it and refuse, and Punk instantly changes his mind about him.

It's like you guys have never watched wrestling before.

OK, how about this for a compromise? I keep posting Kane pics, and when an indy PPV is on, I pretend to watch it and post along with the folks actually watching it. Every once in a while, I'll post, "wow, what a maneuver", "I can't believe this match", or "Anyone else's stream just die?"

How about that?

That might work on the rest of these marks, but it'll probably also work on me......So NO.

Watch Raw. THE WHOLE RAW. Not just the commercials and recaps either, I'm talking about all that "entertainment" stuff in between. That's the offer. No 'gotiations

How about that?
That actually sounds really insulting to the people who DO watch.
Yeah, I really tried to watch the replay on youtube yesterday, and outside of Punk, Bryan, and Kane it was so boring. And that was without commercials. How does this show keep everyone's attention for that long?

Raw needs something akin to WCW Nitro's cruiserweight division to fill in the boring gaps when those three are taking a break.

Video games, man. My PSP is my tag-partner during the Sooper Raw-rio Brotherz Sooper Show.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It would be grand if the WWE showed the video of Bret being beat up by Nexus a couple of years ago. The mystery we never found out is who was driving the car Bret was in. Then they photoshop Paul E. Dangerously's face in the car talking on his cell phone.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

There's too much filler, commercials, etc. Three hours, and only 10-20 minutes is worth watching.

Sokantish

Net_Wrecker you act like its a punishment to watch RAW for 3 hours. I love it every Monday! Then I watch two hours of Smackdown! You're really missing out, Net_Wrecker.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That might work on the rest of these marks, but it'll probably also work on me......So NO.

Watch Raw. THE WHOLE RAW. Not just the commercials and recaps either, I'm talking about all that "entertainment" stuff in between. That's the offer. No 'gotiations
Oh, come on. What if I complain like you do? Huh?

Oh, come on, I'm only joking, lol. Those guys know I appreciate them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Punk can just call Bret the Cena of his generation, and that he was always hogging the spotlight from Owen, Davey, etc. Tada

He's joking, Beef. Don't be such a jive turkey, GOSH.

Net_Wrecker you act like its a punishment to watch RAW for 3 hours. I love it every Monday! Then I watch two hours of Smackdown! You're really missing out, Net_Wrecker.

Welp, you've convinced me.

Oh, come on. What if I complain like you do? Huh?

I don't "complain." I criticize in a constructive manner. What do you think I am, some sort of jaded fan or something?

Forkball

HBK needs to be in Montreal as well. He and Hart can have a "I respect you man" moment, Punk comes out to slam them both, HBK comes to Hart's defense, but at the end of the night, screws Hart. Punk/Heyman/1997 HBK stable is created.

bigkrev

Got back home from the CZW show- this one was a LOT longer than the Evolve show, but there was also a long intermission, and a delayed start. CZW may have had twice the crowd that Evolve had, and the CZW show was put together better- there were so many spotfests in Evolve that by the time the main event started, the crowd was dead. For CZW, there were more promos, less spots per match, and by the time the crazy plunder and insane highspots were broken out in the final match, the crowd was super hot.

I'm really glad I went- WWE has done a lot of work over the last 5 years or so to kill my interest in wrestling. I'll probably go to all local CZW, Chikara, and Evolve shows in either South Jersey or Philly, and will probably consider iPPV- although i heard the CZW one was a trainwreck

Top Bottom