• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Aiii

So not worth it
how do you guys find time to play Mad Max or Until Dawn when MGS V just came out!

You guys have no respect for the business

I've played 16 hours of MGS5 and platinumed Until Dawn too, you need to step your game up, son.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
how do you guys find time to play Mad Max or Until Dawn when MGS V just came out!

I don't play MGS V is how
dssdfdsds3vje6.gif

imBask

Banned
I've played 16 hours of MGS5 and platinumed Until Dawn too, you need to step your game up, son.

hey I have a job and a gf and was away all weekend, and I still managed to play 20h of MGS AND avoid all spoilers so far

you need a gf, I heard Summer Ray is available

imBask

Banned
Because Mad Max came FROM OUTTA NOWHERE and became a GOTY contender for me

Shadow of mordor did that last year too! But this year was pretty much over the moment Witcher 3 came out IMO... Witcher 3 is straight up one of the best game i've ever played, ever

MGS V is incredible too, it would probably be a GOTY in any other year.

Sephzilla

Shadow of mordor did that last year too! But this year was pretty much over the moment Witcher 3 came out IMO... Witcher 3 is straight up one of the best game i've ever played, ever

MGS V is incredible too, it would probably be a GOTY in any other year.

Mad Max shits all over Mordor, and I say this as someone who liked Shadow of Mordor.

FAV FIVE GAMES OF 2015
  1. Bloodborne
  2. Rocket League
  3. Mad Max
  4. Witcher 3
  5. *SPOT RESERVED FOR MARIO MAKER*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I dumped MGSV because it's not THAT great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1. Cities Skylines
2. Splatoon
3. Un til Dawn
4. Arkham Knight
5. Mad Max or Witcher 3

Honestly likely to change real soon. Most the heavy hitters for me(Yakuza, Persona, Yokai Watch. American Truck Simulator...) aren't out yet

imBask

Banned
Mad Max shits all over Mordor, and I say this as someone who liked Shadow of Mordor.

FAV FIVE GAMES OF 2015
  1. Bloodborne
  2. Rocket League
  3. Mad Max
  4. Witcher 3
  5. *SPOT RESERVED FOR MARIO MAKER*

here I go with my super unpopular opinion :

i'm a huge souls game fanboy, but Bloodborne was by far the worst souls game. Boring gothic design, no replayability compared to Ds1 and 2, the online mechanics were complete trash, the loadings ruin the experience and it was way too easy

I was incredibly disappointed by that game and had to force myself to finish it

Sephzilla

here I go with my super unpopular opinion :

i'm a huge souls game fanboy, but Bloodborne was by far the worst souls game. Boring gothic design, no replayability compared to Ds1 and 2, the online mechanics were complete trash, the loadings ruin the experience and it was way too easy

I was incredibly disappointed by that game and had to force myself to finish it

That's a nice opinion but
I think
you're wrong.

Dark Souls 2 is by far the worst Souls game due to simply having too many questionable decisions making it through into the final game along with a poor story and really poor level design by the franchises standards. Dark Souls 2 also ran into the FromSoftware Armored Core issue where there are a ton of weapons but 80% of them are pointless.

Nothing will top Demons Souls as the GOAT Souls game though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;177954725 said:
any racin' fans that are gonna get forzer?

I probably will. I had no intention of doing it - Horizon 2 is still absolutely the best racing game ever. But I tried the demo of 6, and it's absolutely magnificent, so I'll be picking it up.

So how long until someone tells Vince that Xavier Woods has a YouTube channel for videogames, and then Vince starts having Xavier walk out dressed like someone from Revenge of the Nerds?

And now we have a Revenge of the Nerds thread.

Vince is out of touch.

Oddly enough, I watched some of it recently.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And now we have a Revenge of the Nerds thread.

Vince is out of touch.

Oddly enough, I watched some of it recently.

It's fuckin' terrible now. I can't get past a lot of shit that happens in it. Pointdexter is still the GOAT nerd on the Tri-Lamb side though
36H2ZPb.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The weirder aspect to me is a lot of the stuff I'd want later this year will likely come out close to each other(Yakuza 5, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fallout, Persona, etc) and it's like.... Man I got a job I ain't got time for all that. I'm still 26 hours in on Mad Max and nowhere close to the end of the main story.

I feel like I need to build up willpower to tackle these big ol' open world titles like Witcher 3 and MGS5 these days.
Part of me wants to try and squeeze them in before the year ends, the other part of me just can't be arsed.

No idea what my fave five is right now, Bloodborne and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate were great games that just left little impact on me in the long run (both also feeling overly familiar), Splatoon surprised me in a positive way but not quite GotY.

imBask

Banned
The weirder aspect to me is a lot of the stuff I'd want later this year will likely come out close to each other(Yakuza 5, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fallout, Persona, etc) and it's like.... Man I got a job I ain't got time for all that. I'm still 26 hours in on Mad Max and nowhere close to the end of the main story.

this is why I think 10-15 hours game are perfect and people who complain about the length of these games clearly don't have jobs

Sephzilla

I keep forgetting Splatoon came out this year. That's another GOTY contender right there.

this is why I think 10-15 hours game are perfect and people who complain about the length of these games clearly don't have jobs

People who complain about the length of games need to play Alien Isolation. That game could easily be shorter.

Ithil

Over/under on commentary doing that shiteating "hyuh hyuah welcome to the big leagues kid" thing on Kana's first appearance?

So I had to look up Raw results because none of you are doing your jobs, Charlotte is going to challenge before Nikki can run out the clock? Who ya got folks?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I had to look up Raw results because none of you are doing your jobs, Charlotte is going to challenge before Nikki can run out the clock? Who ya got folks?

Nikki of course. She's gonna get that record. Charlotte ain't as ready as I used to think.

Anth0ny

they're making too many fucking souls games

i just finished dark souls 2 after 60 hours of play and bloodborne drops. i'm not even halfway through bloodborne and they announce dark souls 3 is coming in like 4 months. fatigue much?

way to ruin the best thing in video games from software

you fucks

Sephzilla

Nikki of course. She's gonna get that record. Charlotte ain't as ready as I used to think.

Charlotte shouldn't be the one challenging for the belt

i just finished dark souls 2 after 60 hours of play and bloodborne drops. i'm not even halfway through bloodborne and they announce dark souls 3 is coming in like 4 months. fatigue much?

you fucks

You didn't see this coming? Look at how many Armored Core games there are.

imBask

Banned

you fucks

this is called the "Assassin's creed greed syndrome"

MILK IT

I sorta feel the same. To me Charlotte has always seemed like the weak link of the NXT call-ups and there's some sort of Emperor's new clothes thing going on between her athleticism and the Flair name

RP912

Banned
Looking forward to the nighttime dlc for Cities Skylines. I haven't touch it in a while because I need some night man :(

Sephzilla

I sorta feel the same. To me Charlotte has always seemed like the weak link of the NXT call-ups and there's some sort of Emperor's new clothes thing going on between her athleticism and the Flair name

I don't think Charlotte is a 'weak link'. I just think Sasha Banks fucking roaring past her in every category makes Charlotte look bad in comparison. She's still way better than most of the main roster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

If you told me six months ago this would be the case, I wouldn't have believed it - but she's floundered whereas the other NXT call-ups have been fantastic. If it had just been Charlotte alone I'm sure a lot of people would blame bad writing, but she's...off with her chemistry. I have faith she'll find it, but she feels kind of awkward in my eyes right now. She'll get there.

Baggy Lunch is on the CUSP of being amazing, just needs to bring it all together.

shanafan

I really like the montage videos that WWE uploads to YouTube.

This one - "WWE Championship Wins - WWE Top 10" has a great one at number 8. The pop for Stone Cold and Mankind's win was insane. Almost like the recent Dudley Boyz return pop.

https://youtu.be/csi5Q_icWH4?t=38s

Also, can anyone tell me who the Rock is pinning at the number 10 spot? It looks Test maybe? Hair too curly for HHH?

Anth0ny

they should put dark souls on the zelda schedule

one every 5 years

funny thing is i finish a zelda in like 30 hours and there's really nothing left to do besides replay it. dark souls, on the other hand... so much fucking content. so many different way to replay the game. such a huge world with so much to collect and explore. dark souls 1 came out in 2011, and I think if they didn't release 2 or blood borne we'd all still be playing it and discovering new shit and having a blast. there's hundreds of hours worth of content there.

oh well. that's video games.

Heroman

Banned
they should put dark souls on the zelda schedule

one every 5 years

funny thing is i finish a zelda in like 30 hours and there's really nothing left to do besides replay it. dark souls, on the other hand... so much fucking content. so many different way to replay the game. such a huge world with so much to collect and explore. dark souls 1 came out in 2011, and I think if they didn't release 2 or blood borne we'd all still be playing it and discovering new shit and having a blast. there's hundreds of hours worth of content there.

oh well. that's video games.
From software would go out of business if they did that.

KingBroly

Banned
Sasha Banks is the total package of what WWE needs right now for the Divas division. She's like the Bella twins, but can actually wrestle and talk while not sounding like a 14 year old. She's also the only one getting decent reactions from the crowd.

Top Bottom