• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Friends, I was too ashamed to play Deception IV on the train to work this morning. The thought of strangers watching me control a scantily clad adult woman as she tortures and humiliates enemies was too embarrassing to bear.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, I was too ashamed to play Deception IV on the train to work this morning. The thought of strangers watching me control a scantily clad adult woman as she tortures and humiliates enemies was too embarrassing to bear.

Why did you buy that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because it looked like a fun Mousetrap-like game and Titan Souls just isn't clicking with me.

Is it fun? You should buy One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, it's made me re-sub to Hulu so I can watch it all again. See you all in like 5 years.

One Piece is dope though. Last time I got into OP the time skip had JUST happened. Wonder what all I missed. But it's so rewarding to journey from the beginning again.

ElRenoRaven

So I'm catching up on last 2 weeks of NXT and dear god this Eva Marie Carmella match is just so hard to watch. Both are beyond sloppy as hell in there. I'm surprised they haven't gotten hurt from how sloppy they are being.

Sephzilla

So I'm catching up on last 2 weeks of NXT and dear god this Eva Marie Carmella match is just so hard to watch. Both are beyond sloppy as hell in there. I'm surprised they haven't gotten hurt from how sloppy they are being.

Carmella needs to stop coming out and trying to be female Enzo, like immediately. It's bad. I don't even remember her getting much of a reaction in Brooklyn which was basically supposed to be her hometown area.

ElRenoRaven

Carmella needs to stop coming out and trying to be female Enzo, like immediately. It's bad.

Yea that was pretty bad too. Glad that match is over with though. It was cringe worthy how bad it is and I'm not usually a picky person either. I've liked a lot of bad matches but damn that one was bad.

jmdajr

DX92tP5.jpg

LOGS IN TO WWE NETWORK*

Mahonay

Banned
Just finished RAW. My thoughts;

They are sending Rollins out to bury himself with the amount of fucking promo time he has every week. Haitch is living vicariously through him.

Every time I think the Rusev/Ziggler feud can't get more painful than it already it, it does. Holy fuck who is writing that shit. How is that signed off to air on TV?

Really hating the new Wyatt family member. No one cares.

Was really digging on the Cesaro/Miz match up, they work well together, but then Big Show happened. Actually I weirdly like the ongoing Miz/Show feud (mostly due to Miz's antics) but fuck that was not the time for it.

Watching PCB annihilate Team Bella felt pretty good. Feels like Charlotte will probably win the Divas championship next Monday.

Xavier slipping in the Final Fantasy victory tune a couple times made me smile. Big E was on point in the tag match. Also holy shit Xavier's trumpet playing in sequence with Big E & Xavier's moves was quality. The match was surprisingly good actually...until the Super Cena sequence at the end. Good to see tag division being more over than it has been though.

Even if I hate the whole statue bit, I'm really happy to see Stinger show some more pep in his character. I care more about his championship match now. Seth getting shit on all night seems to indicated he'll likely retain both belts at Night of Champions.

RAW was slightly above "meh".

Menome

Aye, after losing both matches in his 'Prep Week', he'll crawl back from defeat and retain both titles at the PPV.

Sheamus cashes in on the following RAW. I'll bet a seven-day "SANDOW SUCKS" avatar on it.

EDIT: Fuck, I'm top of the page and can't weasel out of it.

Hex

Banned
The thing about the new Wyatt guy, is
A) he is boring as hell and nobody cares.
B) He has the personality of a house plant. A plastic house plant
C) The same problem with any "Monster" ...you have rwarr I am a monster...squash squash squash..but sooner or later he gets beat, and then he is boring because he is one dimensional. He is sure as hell no Brock, he is no Kane, he is no Big Show.
Then you get "How was he ragdolling everyone two weeks ago and now jobbing to the same guys?

Mahonay

Banned
well, Dbry was supposed to be the face of the new smackdown so a 3 hour show could've worked

sadly he's a fragile B+ player so eh, guess we'll never know
fragile, or, murdered his body for the past 15 years working himself like a lunatic in the ring.

galvatron

C) The same problem with any "Monster" ...you have rwarr I am a monster...squash squash squash..but sooner or later he gets beat, and then he is boring because he is one dimensional. He is sure as hell no Brock, he is no Kane, he is no Big Show.
Then you get "How was he ragdolling everyone two weeks ago and now jobbing to the same guys?

I think you've described most failed debut pushes in modern WWE with a bit of variance in personality.

Curtis Axel, Fandango, Adam Rose, Tamina, Bo Dallas...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Its too bad that WWE takes itself to seriously to repackage comedy-character Bo Dallas as the third man in the Wyatt Family.

Its a perfect fit

because everyone in the Wyatt family gets to wear a shirt while wrestling

Mahonay

Banned
I think you've described most failed debut pushes in modern WWE with a bit of variance in personality.

Curtis Axel, Fandango, Adam Rose, Tamina, Bo Dallas...
Except people were entertained during Bo's undefeated run.

He's yet to have been in an actual match, but I can't see Braun getting over with fucking anyone in his current state.

Mahonay

Banned
More like in his last 3 years in WWE. Wrestling at that level with the WWE schedule is what devastated his body.
Well he didn't take it easy during his decade in the indies.

The WWE schedule is insane no doubt, and it's shortened the career of nearly all of it's performers. I think DB could have kept it up for a couple more years if he didn't have all of the previous miles on him already. But fuck man I think most people are with you, I'd love WWE to stop working these guys to death, it would be nice to get to enjoy them for longer and not having to be constantly injured.

Dallas and Axel are both characters I could probably make something happen with. They may not be the greatest wrestlers but there is enough character there to make something entertaining.

Fandango and Adam Rose as a tag team is Vince level of silly but i would seriously try it out.

Why couldn't the original Wyatt family reunite, it was perfect. Harper actually has nice ring psychology. What are they doing with him, hes probably the best out of the original three.

This big dufuss looks like booger from revenge of the nerds.

Mahonay

Banned
Why couldn't the original Wyatt family reunite, it was perfect. Harper actually has nice ring psychology. What are they doing with him, hes probably the best out of the original three.

Harper is a glorious worker.

They really didn't need a monster like Braun. I'm guessing it was a Vince decision.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only 2/5 of my favorite luchadores are dead. That's pretty low for me.

1. L.A. Park
2. Perro Aguayo Jr
3. Abismo Negro
4. Dr. Wagner Jr
5. El Hijo del Santo

Sephzilla

isn't harper hurt right now?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One thing I really like in lucha libre. When you have a 6 man tag, one guy from one team comes out, then a guy from the other team, then a guy from the other team then a guy from the other team.

So everyone can't just gang up on the second team's first entrant

RP912

Banned
Question, friends: Do you think Austin would make a good color commentator (if Vince wasn't in his ear)?

Not really. There's a difference between cutting a promo and doing color commentary. Austin would sound like a later Jim Ross during his 2010 ish run to be honest.

Mahonay

Banned
Question, friends: Do you think Austin would make a good color commentator (if Vince wasn't in his ear)?
If someone could keep him moving he'd be great for commentary, he has a habit on focusing on specific details and taking a while to get past them. His tendency to be stubborn on certain things might get grating.

Ithil

Totally. He understands wrestling on a really detailed scale, and is as charismatic as anyone on the planet (hell he makes shilling his sponsor merch on the podcast entertaining). He'd be ideal if he had total freedom, and a good partner to keep the flow going.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Erick Rowan has a bicep injury that put him out until the end of the year (allegedly)

Harper is a glorious worker.

They really didn't need a monster like Braun. I'm guessing it was a Vince decision.

I think it's actively bad for the concept. Giant Sam Tarly is just random as fuck.

Top Bottom