• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

12002076_10153647129881098_5693983411831627186_n.jpg

Fale.

C'mon, someone take the bait

In all seriousness, Archer/Hoyt's improved a ton. I wouldn't call him the best big man going today, but I think he's gotten to be very good as both a singles and tag wrestler.

Glad we have Japanese culture expert Bootaaay to enlighten all the gaijin in this thread

If you can't figure out that a country with 120 million people has more than one wrestling company, let alone that Kana's never worked for New Japan or that New Japan doesn't even have a women's division, then more fool you. Especially if you're running a newz website and can't be fucked to do even the most basic of fact checking, but would like some "NJPW & WWE working together?" clickbait to boost your page views.

Amateurs!

Sephzilla

Brock isn't a big guy. He's two inches shorter than The Rock and only an inch taller than Stone Cold and CM Punk. Shit, I'm taller than Brock.

somedevil

I'm trying to imagine Kana vs Eve Marie without Eve Marie getting hurt.

Night of Champions Card:

Rollins vs Sting
Rollins vs Cena
Nikki vs Charlotte
Ziggler vs Rusev
New Day/PTP vs Dudley Boyz
Ryback vs Owens
Ambrose, Reigns and ? vs Wyatt Family

Possible matches that could be added:

Cesaro vs Big Show vs Miz
Some match with Stardust and Neville

Where did Ryback v Owens come from? Was that what the segment was about last night? I stopped paying attention when Ryback refused to look me in my eyes.

It is pretty pathetic that the "big two" Japanese promotions don't have women's divisions. I know Data West will disagree and talk about the strong legacy of Joshi promotions but I think we're all well aware that women's only promotions are just thinly veiled masturbatory fodder for dorks.

somedevil

Where did Ryback v Owens come from? Was that what the segment was about last night? I stopped paying attention when Ryback refused to look me in my eyes.

Owens cut a promo about him on Smackdown and he approached him at Raw and all titles are defended so the match is going to happen.

Fantomex

I'm trying to imagine Kana vs Eve Marie without Eve Marie getting hurt.

Night of Champions Card:

Possible matches that could be added:

Cesaro vs Big Show vs Miz
Some match with Stardust and Neville

What if Rollins loses to Cena, turns face by turning on the Authority and then they reform the shield?

Nah.

klonere

Banned
Question, friends: Do you think Austin would make a good color commentator (if Vince wasn't in his ear)?

Austin would be a god tier agent/match booker. Commentator I'm not so sure but anything to do with what goes on inside that 20x20 squared circle, well for a shoot, he'd be the number 1 son of a gun.

Owens ate an apple or something? I dunno I didn't even watch Raw, just listened to Review-A-Raw.

I think the match could be good though.

It is pretty pathetic that the "big two" Japanese promotions don't have women's divisions. I know Data West will disagree and talk about the strong legacy of Joshi promotions but I think we're all well aware that women's only promotions are just thinly veiled masturbatory fodder for dorks.

not_even_trying_anymore.jpg

I am not sure if serious...
A unique look?
Large scruffy cro-mag with nasty out of control beard?

No one looks like Braun Stroman, for better or for worse.

This is an age where Kevin Owens is considered a big man, so to say Brock isn't one is ridiculous.

Fucks sake.

Also, realise I'm not helping the "women's wrestling is more than just thinly veiled masturbatory fodder for dorks" argument, but I wonder if WWE knows that all of Kana's gravure DVDs are up on youtube.

Everyone's being all lovey and cryptic about Jimmy Havoc, and it's confusing me.

Or we're being worked.
Fucks sake.

Also, realise I'm not helping the "women's wrestling is more than just thinly veiled masturbatory fodder for dorks" argument, but I wonder if WWE knows that all of Kana's gravure DVDs are up on youtube.
It's just pervier bikini modelling right? I'd have thought that was OK.

Xater

Fucks sake.

Gravure DVD are probably some of the creepiest shit I know coming out of Japan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pepsi I agree that it's pretty pathetic that a company like NJPW can have all this success and money to bring in CJ Parker, One half of the dudebusters, Festsus but won't take a risk put any money into a joshi division.

Heroman

Banned
Pepsi I agree that it's pretty pathetic that a company like NJPW can have all this success and money to bring in CJ Parker, One half of the dudebusters, Festsus but won't take a risk put any money into a joshi division.

How big was/is women wrestling in japan?

Top Bottom