• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

So is Jimmy Havoc retiring or something? Still playing catch up on my Progress viewing but have enjoyed his run as champion so far and would hate to see him leave. Such a fun promotion, great storytelling and kickass wrestling.

So is Jimmy Havoc retiring or something? Still playing catch up on my Progress viewing but have enjoyed his run as champion so far and would hate to see him leave. Such a fun promotion, great storytelling and kickass wrestling.
No idea. Had an insane reaction over the weekend, and there's a lot of Havoc love on twitter and rumours of NXT, which I had dismissed completely as smarks being smarks until a load of wrestlers started being lovey about him on Twitter tonight.

COZsBoEWUAAxTAr.jpg
12006306_1463094820665140_501193851132531395_n.jpg

How big was/is women wrestling in japan?

At it's height (mid-80's to mid-90's) women's wrestling rivalled men's wrestling, but it was always a very divided audience - groups like the Beauty Pair & Crush Gals attracted tons of young female fans via their success as pop musicians as well as wrestlers, but those fans didn't watch other sorts of wrestling. Joshi's downfall began in the 90's, AJW struggled to regain mainstream attention and ended up running some huge joint shows with rival promotions JWP & LLPW, but while these were very successful at first it diluted everyone's business. People wouldn't come out for AJW alone any more, they wanted the big promotion vs promotion feuds. AJW eventually folded and, although JWP still runs today, joshi wrestling's not in a particularly good state. There's a lot of promotions, but all of them are indie level. STARDOM's the biggest, but not by much.

Speaking of Mad Max...

The dude who's in charge of GMG's Twitter had a little contest going for the video game GIF that makes him laugh the most, winner gets a copy of Mad Max and a bonus game, I already have it and having a damn good time with it by the way, still I want to share a GIF so I mention I already have it and share the old G-Man GIF, it's hilarious and I damn near pissed myself the first time I saw it. Of course he finds it hilarious also and I win the damn thing now I could've taken it and given it to a friend as was an option or it'd go to the runner up but me trying to be considerate decides I'll just pass because I'd feel kind of bad if the runner up didn't have it but really wanted it. So this morning I see who the winner was I check his Twitter and the dude has a link to his Steam profile, I give it a look and see if he's been enjoying Mad Max yet, the sum bitch already had the game as well with almost 19 hours played.

I think I'm done being a vanilla baby face. I did get the bonus game, Resident Evil Revelations 2, but I'm never making that mistake again.

EDIT: Also that story Edge/Christian story about traveling in Canada made me remember that I think I actually read Edge's book.

Wow so possibly NXT bound or maybe just an extended stay in the U.S. working maybe? Either way the guy is a hard worker in ring and has solid promo skills and deserves a shot at the next level.

Speaking of Mad Max...

The dude who's in charge of GMG's Twitter had a little contest going for the video game GIF that makes him laugh the most, winner gets a copy of Mad Max and a bonus game, I already have it and having a damn good time with it by the way, still I want to share a GIF so I mention I already have it and share the old G-Man GIF, it's hilarious and I damn near pissed myself the first time I saw it. Of course he finds it hilarious also and I win the damn thing now I could've taken it and given it to a friend as was an option or it'd go to the runner up but me trying to be considerate decides I'll just pass because I'd feel kind of bad if the runner up didn't have it but really wanted it. So this morning I see who the winner was I check his Twitter and the dude has a link to his Steam profile, I give it a look and see if he's been enjoying Mad Max yet, the sum bitch already had the game as well with almost 19 hours played.

I think I'm done being a vanilla baby face. I did get the bonus game, Resident Evil Revelations 2, but I'm never making that mistake again.

EDIT: Also that story Edge/Christian story about traveling in Canada made me remember that I think I actually read Edge's book.

Well....... what was the gif?

Heroman

Banned
Been watching the last few episode nxt and good god is Eva bad , I mean she is so damn slow and sloppy. She shouldnt be on nxt yet. And her slice bread is terrible, hearing that Wwe want her as the face of the division is a joke.

jmdajr

I don't remember what event it was. But Chris Benoit did an off the top rope jump on to someone lying on a reinforced table.

It sure didn't break.

(can't find gif)

Been watching the last few episode nxt and good god is Eva bad , I mean she is so damn slow and sloppy. She shouldnt be on nxt yet. And her slice bread is terrible, hearing that Wwe want her as the face of the division is a joke.

Do you remember how bad Alexa Bliss was when she first got put on TV? And how still not good in the ring Enzo is?

How else do people learn to get better in TV matches with TV timing and pacing than to be on TV? Just about everyone who didn't come in as an established guy with years of experience has looked pretty rocky at the start of their NXT careers, yet they are there to learn and that's what they do. And nearly everyone down there improved with time. Give Eva some time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have to say I'm disappointed. I expected dates, matchups and results. Not only that, I expected some kind of historical archive. It's just a number.

Anyway, The New Day continues to be amazing. They are what The Shield was 18-20 months ago. THE reason to watch WWE on TV weekly.

It's no bearhugger.net - the finest resource of all bearhugs.

jmdajr

Do you remember how bad Alexa Bliss was when she first got put on TV? And how still not good in the ring Enzo is?

How else do people learn to get better in TV matches with TV timing and pacing than to be on TV? Just about everyone who didn't come in as an established guy with years of experience has looked pretty rocky at the start of their NXT careers, yet they are there to learn and that's what they do. And nearly everyone down there improved with time. Give Eva some time.

isn't the problem that she's been there just as long as them if not longer?

Heroman

Banned

She been with wwe for 2 years and stills look like she just started wrestling I think I given her enough time.

isn't the problem that she's been there just as long as them if not longer?

No. She did all her stuff on Raw 2 years ago with no training and hadn't wrestled at all in almost 2 years before her current NXT stuff. Up until a month or two ago, she's had like...50 matches total. Most of which were at house shows where she wasn't even involved, or 2-3 minute matches.

Might as well get mad at JR for having shitty matches despite being around forever.

Sephzilla

Bliss and Enzo, when they first debuted on TV, were miles ahead of where Eva is right now on TV.

To the benefit of everyone, Eva shouldn't be on television right now and should be in the performance center. This will save TV audiences from being spared legitimately bad matches and it will allow Eva to learn without getting heat for every little fuckup she makes. Eva needs to learn how to be a wrestler first, not a TV personality.

jmdajr

No. She did all her stuff on Raw 2 years ago with no training and hadn't wrestled at all in almost 2 years before her current NXT stuff. Up until a month or two ago, she's had like...50 matches total. Most of which were at house shows where she wasn't even involved, or 2-3 minute matches.

Might as well get mad at JR for having shitty matches despite being around forever.

They didn't train her or she had no interest/put the work in? I guess it don't matter if she cares now.

Not like they gave a shit about divas matches 2 years ago. But it's not coming along naturally.

Great edition of Wrestling Observer Radio today - Jeff Hardy was apparently thrown out yesterday on Twitter by WWE as someone to maybe bring back. Jeff was pissed at WWE for having Punk use his arrest in an angle, and that's one of the reasons he went to TNA even though WWE really didn't want him going. If he goes back, he could be given an easy schedule like HBK was (and what Orton wants now). Hell, if TNA can make a Hardys-Dudleys feud work last year, then WWE should be able to do it at least as well - even if the matches won't be as good without the Wolves in there as the glue to prevent it from just being a Greatest Hits album.

Seth/New Day should be a permanent pairing. He sort of needs backup with everyone throwing him under the bus and I'm tired of him always looking sour :(

Bliss and Enzo, when they first debuted on TV, were miles ahead of where Eva is right now on TV.

Bliss was...really, really bad. Because, like Eva, she had almost no training and was relying entirely on her gymnastics background to carry her through. Even now, while dramatically improved at looks, promos, attitude, swagger, and character, she's still just passable in the ring. And she had a year of daily training at the Performance Center before she was in the ring on TV. Eva has a few months of training with Spanky.

They didn't train her or she had no interest/put the work in? I guess it don't matter if she cares now.

Not like they gave a shit about divas matches 2 years ago. But it's not coming along naturally.

I think they just didn't see a reason to train her. She and JoJo both were hired to be ringers for Total Divas, not wrestlers. All the wrestling stuff was just there for footage for Total Divas and it didn't matter if it was good or bad. In fact, being bad was part of the story on the show, as the other girls were "jealous" and mad because Eva was so bad. Then things went a different direction, and now Eva is putting in the work to be an actual wrestler instead of reality TV character.

Wrestling fans bought into Total Divas-verse so hard. It's amazing. Those writers made people believe that Nattie had never heard of doggy style, Tamina gets into fights with tiny Asian men throwing spinning round house kicks at bars, Summer Rae went to Nattie's house to slap her, Nattie left Summer stranded on the road in the middle of nowhere, and other completely ridiculous story points that people now apply to the real people and their wrestling characters.

nikki-reacting-to-naomis-video.gif

Top Bottom