• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Gonzalez

Banned
I don't remember what event it was. But Chris Benoit did an off the top rope jump on to someone lying on a reinforced table.

It sure didn't break.

(can't find gif)

Benoit & Woman Vs. Sullivan & Jackie in a San Franchisco Death Match with I believe Nancy & Jackie Strapped to their lovers. The finish is Beniot hitting a swan dive headbutt(more like splash) with Jackie on top of Sullivan. Like you said the table didn't break, but Jackie went flying when Benoit hit her with the splash.

Sephzilla

Bliss was...really, really bad. Because, like Eva, she had almost no training and was relying entirely on her gymnastics background to carry her through. Even now, while dramatically improved at looks, promos, attitude, swagger, and character, she's still just passable in the ring. And she had a year of daily training at the Performance Center before she was in the ring on TV. Eva has a few months of training with Spanky.

Bliss at her worst was still noticeably better than Eva right now. And as you already said, Bliss fell back on some past talent in order to carry her through. Eva doesn't have any past athletic talent to fall back on. The difference between Bliss after her TV debut and Eva after her NXT debut was that Bliss at least had signs of potential.

Zach

Been watching the last few episode nxt and good god is Eva bad , I mean she is so damn slow and sloppy. She shouldnt be on nxt yet. And her slice bread is terrible, hearing that Wwe want her as the face of the division is a joke.

It's atrocious. Sure, storytelling has taken a backseat to athleticism and spectacle, but she can't even provide that. She is there to be ogled and it's terrible. I hope none of you genuinely like to watch her in a wrestling ring.

I don't remember what event it was. But Chris Benoit did an off the top rope jump on to someone lying on a reinforced table.

It sure didn't break.

(can't find gif)

Kevin Sullivan match?

It's no bearhugger.net - the finest resource of all bearhugs.

You ignoring bastard.

Menome

never seen this. I feel like I'm missing out on years of gifstory.

I don't know the exact background of this image, but circa 2005, everything was Garry's Mod when it came to funny pics and .gifs

PC Gamer UK had an ongoing monthly competition for the funniest game-related images readers sent in and had to ban Garry's Mod as that was the source of 99% of all the submissions.

This is from those dark, hilarious, dark days.

Bliss at her worst was still noticeably better than Eva right now. And as you already said, Bliss fell back on some past talent in order to carry her through. Eva doesn't have any past athletic talent to fall back on. The difference between Bliss after her TV debut and Eva after her NXT debut was that Bliss at least had signs of potential.

If you don't see the improvement Eva made between her Raw matches 2 years ago and NXT stuff and don't see signs of potential for more, then idk. NXT might not be for you, since the majority of the roster is people with little experience getting time and training to improve. HHH did a really shitty job of raising everyone's expectations, because at the end of the day, it's still developmental and most of their talent will be people with little experience and training.

Isn't Sullivan/Benoit the exact same storyline as Rusev/Ziggler?

Hopefully Rusev/Ziggler can last for 2 years with no progression as well.

jmdajr

Benoit & Woman Vs. Sullivan & Jackie in a San Franchisco Death Match with I believe Nancy & Jackie Strapped to their lovers. The finish is Beniot hitting a swan dive headbutt(more like splash) with Jackie on top of Sullivan. Like you said the table didn't break, but Jackie went flying when Benoit hit her with the splash.

Thank You

Sephzilla

If you don't see the improvement Eva made between her Raw matches 2 years ago and NXT stuff and don't see signs of potential for more, then idk. NXT might not be for you, since the majority of the roster is people with little experience getting time and training to improve. HHH did a really shitty job of raising everyone's expectations, because at the end of the day, it's still developmental and most of their talent will be people with little experience and training.

Eva's improved from being a talentless model to a talentless work-in-progress. Either way, she still has no business being on NXT TV yet. Getting on NXT TV has always been a next-level development scenario for people who are good enough in ring but still need to build their overall presentation. Are you seriously going to tell me that Eva's in ring work is good enough to warrant that? All of the other people with little experience get time down in the performance center to train before they get called up to television and I can't think of a single person who made it to NXT TV that was as bad in-ring as Eva currently is.

And I'm saying this fully aware of how bad The Ascension and Baron Corbin were at first.

Ithil

Eva's matches look like training school practice matches. There is no reason I need to see them on TV, especially with that obnoxious commentary.

Not the first time; won't be the last.

awatenaywy5jo9.jpg

Sephzilla

Dana Brooke is another prime example of why Eva shouldn't be on TV yet. Bodybuilders from off the street are walking in and putting on better matches than Eva.

I'm disappointed Meltz doesn't have a stoic face as he calculates the star rating in real time.

The world needs more than one Green Lantern Fan.

And yet you'll see people who aren't dressed as GLF don the Green Lantern shirts as if they were cosplaying GLF, which might be the most pathetic shit ever.

Sephzilla

I don't exactly get the Dana Brooke hate. She's green but still puts on pretty decent matches (especially compared to Carmella or Eva). She seems pretty confident on the mic and maintains a pretty consistent character (I'd actually argue she's better than Charlotte in both of these regards).

Aiii

So not worth it
Dana Brooke is another prime example of why Eva shouldn't be on TV yet. Bodybuilders from off the street are walking in and putting on better matches than Eva.

She's just as terrible and that's with a whole lot more training than Eva has had. Your Eva bias is terrible.

Also, her character is "I flex a lot".

Fox318

I don't exactly get the Dana Brooke hate. She's green but still puts on pretty decent matches (especially compared to Carmella or Eva). She seems pretty confident on the mic and maintains a pretty consistent character (I'd actually argue she's better than Charlotte in both of these regards).

I don't get the hate either.

Plus its developmental.

They are there trying to get better.

Ithil

Dana is green, for sure. But she has looked continuously better every match I've seen her in. She has a long way to go, but at least she has a character of "World's most self-absorbed and vain person" as a basis.
She's always a heel for life with that terrible voice.

Eva looks completely lost out there, constantly like she's only vaguely heard of the concept of wrestling. I don't think either should be featured anywhere other than the bottom of the card for now, but Dana at least has something resembling human nature.

somedevil

Dana Brooke is very athletic which Eva Marie is not.

I don't have a problem with her being on tv. The problem is this newz on wanting to put the title on her and have her in title matches so early when this shouldn't be happening until late 2016.

Someone has a thing for her high up because of the commentary, turning down the booing and not even recognizing that it is happening.

Just imagine the reaction if she beats Bayley for the title.

Sephzilla

Dana is green, for sure. But she has looked continuously better every match I've seen her in. She has a long way to go, but at least she has a character of "World's most self-absorbed and vain person" as a basis.
She's always a heel for life with that terrible voice.

Eva looks completely lost out there, constantly like she's only vaguely heard of the concept of wrestling

Brooke in her first handful of matches made noticeable improvements from match to match. You could make a case that Eva actually regressed between Carmella and her squash match last week.

Menome

People: I watched Daniel Bryan's headline match at Wrestlemania 30 earlier today.

As of a couple of hours ago, I have apparently pulled a muscle/trapped a nerve/cracked a rib in my right side falling over and can only be in one precise position laying down to not aggravate it. I was in so much pain earlier at one point, I was throwing up.

Daniel Bryan has cursed me. THANKS, DANIEL.

Just imagine a Takeover women's match involving Eva or even Dana at this point. Things are going to slip from main event worthy to standard divas title match.

Zach

Dismissively arguing that NXT is "just developmental" is ridiculous. Especially when there is a difference between televised NXT and non-televised NXT. Eva Marie should not be on TV, at least wrestling. You could argue for her being an on-air personality for whatever reason, I guess. But as a wrestler, she's pathetic.

jmdajr

Totally fair.

But not fair to Flair.

jmdajr

Dana Brooke is very athletic which Eva Marie is not.

I don't have a problem with her being on tv. The problem is this newz on wanting to put the title on her and have her in title matches so early when this shouldn't be happening until late 2016.

Someone has a thing for her high up because of the commentary, turning down the booing and not even recognizing that it is happening.

Just imagine the reaction if she beats Bayley for the title.

Being good at the gym doesn't make you an athlete that's for sure.

:(

Fox318

Again, if this counts for Dana, it does for Eva too.

I feel sorry for Eva in the aspect that they put her out there on TV with no training.

The amount of boos she got at that Brooklyn NXT show was insane.

But you know what she went to get training and now she is at NXT to improve her craft.

Unfortunately she is part of an Era highlighted by the Bellas, Cameron, and Rosa Mendes ever attempt to improve in that drastic of a manner?

I mean for all purposes this Nikki Bella match has had over 3 months of build on TV and I expect it to suck so badly that the NXT women will wish they were back in Florida.

Menome

It's okay guys, I telepathically contacted my own personal shaman REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH and he says I'm fine and should do a full stretches and cardio workout as soon as I wake up tomorrow.

Come on, Dana Brooke is not your enemy, says so in her theme music.

Brooke in her first handful of matches made noticeable improvements from match to match. You could make a case that Eva actually regressed between Carmella and her squash match last week.

Well, her match last week was taped before her match two weeks ago.

Top Bottom