• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Who was the better Crow? The guy who played the Crow or a wrestler?"

Someone should have stopped you, Seph.

That's the point :/.

I want to forget about that match and the silly feud between both parties.

CBThDEmUwAAaSIy.png

Max Landis's favorite wrestler absolutely would be a guy who thinks he's way better than he actually was

lol

Sephzilla

"Who was the better Crow? The guy who played the Crow or a wrestler?"

Someone should have stopped you, Seph.

You're just jealous that I grabbed the #BrassRing and beat you to the punch with that thread

he got destroyed by RLM but still accepted their invitation to do a BoTW! he seems like a cool guy when he's not a drama queen

Thats the most irritating/frustrating part about him. When he's not being a grating millennial stereotype he seems like he's a decent dude.

HHH got a well earned mythos to him. The only true stain on his career imo is the DX revival.

Thing is wrestling isn't in a vacuum. The reign of terror was god awful yes, but put in the context of how it built up to such a head of who was finally going to topple it and it's great storytelling.

You're just jealous that I grabbed the #BrassRing and beat you to the punch with that thread

Thats the most irritating/frustrating part about him. When he's not being a grating millennial stereotype he seems like he's a decent dude.

he bought us all pizza and while waiting in line, he brought me water/gatorade

he is legit to me.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;178140872 said:
HHH got a well earned mythos to him. The only true stain on his career imo is the DX revival.

Thing is wrestling isn't in a vacuum. The reign of terror was god awful yes, but put in the context of how it built up to such a head of who was finally going to topple it and it's great storytelling.

This isnt?

tumblr_inline_ni1qtxagAW1r5344l.png

¡HarlequinPanic!;178140872 said:

great? maybe for wrestling...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But the angle of who toppled him never went anywhere. No one got the rub. Benoit existed merely to give the title to Orton. I don't remember a thing from his reign past winning the title. And Goldberg was already a big deal coming in so the idea of him beating Triple H(after he had already lost to him the month prior) didn't do anything for his character

Sephzilla

But the angle of who toppled him never went anywhere. No one got the rub. Benoit existed merely to give the title to Orton. I don't remember a thing from his reign past winning the title. And Goldberg was already a big deal coming in so the idea of him beating Triple H(after he had already lost to him the month prior) didn't do anything for his character

Bingo. The HHH Reign of Terror would have been a little more fondly remembered if it actually ended with someone beating HHH and being made because of it. Benoit ending up being a glorified transitional champ hurt that whole rub.

that's because benoit is boring as a champion.

just like how cm punk was boring as a champion for most of his lengthy reign. except because he was a face no one cared about who was eventually going to end it and they had to turn him heel.

fighting face champions are boring, I think bret's the only one that gave it a good look and that's only because he had the ring smarts to elevate chumps and make them look close to his level. I take that back, cena did great with the US title doing the same thing this year.

Also after HHH dropped the belt he was fighting with Eugene that summerslam #payingitfoward

Ithil

Bingo. The HHH Reign of Terror would have been a little more fondly remembered if it actually ended with someone beating HHH and being made because of it. Benoit ending up being a glorified transitional champ hurt that whole rub.

wrestlemania-21-batista.jpg

???

imBask

Banned

but that's not HHH's fault in any way, he also tried to elevate Bryan by jobbing to him at WM30 and that idiot proceeded to get injured TWICE

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;178142099 said:
that's because benoit is boring as a champion.

just like how cm punk was boring as a champion for most of his lengthy reign. except because he was a face no one cared about who was eventually going to end it and they had to turn him heel.

fighting face champions are boring, I think bret's the only one that gave it a good look and that's only because he had the ring smarts to elevate chumps and make them look close to his level.

Also after HHH dropped the belt he was fighting with Eugene that summerslam #payingitfoward

As much of a Bret Hart mark I am, there's one other guy who I think was a good fighting face champ.

112cfbe21ae75daec72d28a9552d9267_crop_north.jpg

And that's enough most of the time.

I don't know how many storylines have surpassed the medium.

Vince and Austin maybe? And even then it's super basic.

And that's ok. It's all about the characters and the ride.

very true

as inconsistent as the D-Bry/Authority angle was, the final payoff at Mania was more joyous and exciting than any of the Marvel movies have ever been for me. I only pick Marvel because that's THE hot property, but you get it.

Sephzilla

The Authority angle living on after WM30 still pisses me off. There's no reason that should have continued on after WM30 wrapped.

The Authority angle living on after WM30 still pisses me off. There's no reason that should have continued on after WM30 wrapped.

Nah. Triple H and Stephanie will be the power figures for decades.

Maybe they should have changed things up a bit since WM30 though. Take more time off TV or something.

jmdajr

And the next season..the hero was dead! This is some Games of Thrones shit!

I have never seen the show. I know nothing except everybody you care about dies

jmdajr

Whose return would generate the loudest crowd reaction?

26% Goldberg
34% Jeff Hardy
15% Shane McMahon
1% Matt Hardy
17% Kurt Angle
2% Batista
2% Scott Steiner
3% Someone else (Tell us your pick in the comments below)

Matt Hardy....

lol

jmdajr

There are people who can watch 200+ hours of WWE product in a year and don't watch the 10 we get of Game of Thrones?

If I am gonna watch a show like Game of Thrones..it's needs to be uninterrupted.

So that's never.

I can watch WWE without my undivded attention. That's why it works. That's why I still can.

Sephzilla

26% Goldberg
34% Jeff Hardy
15% Shane McMahon
1% Matt Hardy
17% Kurt Angle
2% Batista
2% Scott Steiner

Matt Hardy....

lol

Hardy getting a bigger pop than Kurt Angle or fucking Goldberg?

giphy.gif

26% Goldberg
34% Jeff Hardy
15% Shane McMahon
1% Matt Hardy
17% Kurt Angle
2% Batista
2% Scott Steiner

Matt Hardy....

lol

I'm down for a final Jeff run.

surprised how low batista's stock is, ouch.

Top Bottom