• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

klonere

Banned
Your boy killed it in the interview.

Your boy drank a lot.

Your boy is sad about those final hour Raw numbers, even if he didn't watch Raw.

Your boy is excited for NXT tonight.

But the original is the most tolerable. And Brandon was on the cusp of stardom.

Was he? He hadn't done anything of note before The Crow, and The Crow only got a big push because he died on the set. He was only known for being Bruce Lee's son and for dying on set. "Cusp of stardom" seems like heavy revisionist history.

jmdajr

I forgot. I am going to NXT next week. And that ring side with JR deal.

20 bucks a pop. I think it's worth it to get out of the house for a bit.

I absolutely think Triple H is an all-time great, especially as a heel.

Did he use his connections to overpromote himself? Absolutely.

Do some of his "big" matches tend to fall into the WWE finisher spam mold? Yep.

But even with his flaws, Levesque embodies that character so completely, it's unreal sometimes. We make fun of his 20 minute promos, but given how much WORSE those long opening promos are when almost anybody else does them, I have a great appreciation for how committed, confident, and comfortable he is on the stick to be able to take that role on so often and so well. He's like Ric Flair in that his matches have a formula, but unlike Flair, that formula is built on intelligent, believable in-ring psychology - which he did a decent job of sticking to throughout his career, I might add - rather than on silly comedy spots. He was in a number of great feuds, had a number of great matches, great look, fairly consistent and dimensional and versatile character. I mean, it's not even really arguable, imo.

She deactivated her twitter account too.

Who gives a flying fuck
I hated the Zahra stuff because it made people realize they could potentially fuck with people this way, which is a far worse consequence than anybody realizes

If you're a cunt.

That shit is from years ago when she was a teenager, apparently

Everybody is just looking for something to get outraged about, or cause trouble.

jmdajr

But even with his flaws, Levesque embodies that character so completely, it's unreal sometimes. We make fun of his 20 minute promos, but given how much WORSE those long opening promos are when almost anybody else does them, I have a great appreciation for how committed, confident, and comfortable he is on the stick to be able to take that role on so often and so well. He's like Ric Flair in that his matches have a formula, but unlike Flair, that formula is built on intelligent, believable in-ring psychology - which he did a decent job of sticking to throughout his career, I might add - rather than on silly comedy spots. He was in a number of great feuds, had a number of great matches, great look, fairly consistent and dimensional and versatile character. I mean, it's not even really arguable, imo.

Well duh!

Who gives a flying fuck
I hated the Zahra stuff because it made people realize they could potentially fuck with people this way, which is a far worse consequence than anybody realizes

Teenagers are essentially cunts.

Still though, I said things were gay and called my friends fags when I was younger without thinking about the harm it could cause, but I never said "fucking faggots, that's why I choose straight people". Or used the n-word at all. There's a difference between "I'm young and stupid and just using these words cause my friends are" (See the South Park Fags episode), and using the word with hate, which is what she did.

Lana-laughing-gifs-0011.gif

Sephzilla

Honestly, Triple H would be a rock solid Top 10 talent for me - maybe Fave Five - if the Evolution/Reign of Terror run didn't happen. Triple H getting the Big Gold Belt, pretending he was a Horseman, and basically putting nobody over in the process because he thought he was the top dog now that Austin was gone and Rock was part-time soured me on him and professional wrestling in general for a few years. Shit, I'm still partially sour on Batista and Orton simply due to their association with Evolution.

Attitude Era HHH would definitely be an all-timer but Ruthless Aggression HHH was Hogan-tier bad.

somedevil

Who gives a flying fuck

Everybody is just looking for something to get outraged about, or cause trouble.

Here is the funny thing. The guy who found these tweets, someone then searched his twitter and he used the n word as well in the past.

Yeah it's really because some dude was creeping on her photos and saw that shit to try and get her fired, let's be real

Of course he did.
Wrestling has garbage people in it. Wrestling fans are almost exclusively garbage people

I know the reason you qualified your last statement was because of the fine folks here at WrassleGAF.

Yeah it's really because some dude was creeping on her photos and saw that shit to try and get her fired, let's be real

Of course he did.
Wrestling has garbage people in it. Wrestling fans are almost exclusively garbage people

Oh, of course that's what he was trying to do. Doesn't mean it's not a problem.

Hex

Banned
Was he? He hadn't done anything of note before The Crow, and The Crow only got a big push because he died on the set. He was only known for being Bruce Lee's son and for dying on set. "Cusp of stardom" seems like heavy revisionist history.

Even before it happened, while filming the word was good.
He had done some solid action work at the end of the action era and this was to be his big shot and death or not it would have been.
This was said by many critics and yes, there is always the bonus points for dying but it has nothing to do with that.
I am going to take a wild stab in the dark that your age probably puts you at the saw it first on DVD crowd?
Not that it is a bad thing, but the take around the movie especially among comic fans especially and action movie fans was pretty hype.

Gonzalez

Banned
Even before it happened, while filming the word was good.
He had done some solid action work at the end of the action era and this was to be his big shot and death or not it would have been.
This was said by many critics and yes, there is always the bonus points for dying but it has nothing to do with that.
I am going to take a wild stab in the dark that your age probably puts you at the saw it first on DVD crowd?
Not that it is a bad thing, but the take around the movie especially among comic fans especially and action movie fans was pretty hype.
From what I hear the movie would have been a cheap direct-to-video quality film, with corny acting, and dialog. If Brandon hadn't died it wouldn't have had the additional budget, and re-writes that turned it into the moody cult classic it is today.

I know the reason you qualified your last statement was because of the fine folks here at WrassleGAF.

Ya'll are ass
Esepcially FE, that no good low down snake in the grass

Oh, of course that's what he was trying to do. Doesn't mean it's not a problem.

The real problem is the fact that some random shit can take out of context screengrabs of anything said on social media ever, and try to cause an outrage issue to get someone fired from their dream job.

Real talk. My username is my actual damn name. Same for my Twitter and Instagrams. I don't say insane shit on social media, but it would be astoundingly easy for someone to start some shit with a quote of something I've said, guaranteed.

I will never defend a racist or homo/trans/biphobe or misogynist

This is more me being concerned about the dark side of internet detective bullshit. I don't know Jasmin from Adam or Eve. But it's very clear this is going to be a problem for talent, especially coming from the indy women's wrestling scene, which is chock full of creepy assholes who hold a grudge if you don't cater to their every whim.

I'm also really not down on condemning someone for life for some dumb shit they said on Twitter when they were a kid. The viral nature of society in general is a real kick in the ass.

Yuuup. You're weirding me out, BronsonLee.

I don't give a shit

Even if you're really good at posting like me I still wouldn't recommend linking social medias to your real name.

The most damning thing I've done on social media is yell at BillRiccio for being a dumbass

And win some stupid Alienware briefcase, because apparently they make those

jmdajr

Monday Night Football just around the corner! Crap ESPN match up be damned.

Sunday Night Football too! The good stuff!

Bronson, you're a professional photographer. Your career is made by capturing moments and documenting things, why don't you turn the lens on yourself and see that you're not much different from those you claim are ruining other people's lives.

I'm also really not down on condemning someone for life for some dumb shit they said on Twitter when they were a kid. The viral nature of society in general is a real kick in the ass.

The problem with saying stuff like that in every case is more often than not there are cases like Zahra (even this week still defending the swastika), aka people who didn't change much from when they were a kid

If they're going to say or do stuff and then maintain and continue it, they need to be held accountable eventually for it. Especially when all it takes to avoid it is deleting a tweet or Twitter and making a public apology instead of digging your heels in the dirt and standing by it all

Top Bottom