• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

RobbieNick

Yes it is.

7MKNcr4.gif

dead2.gif

I see Bronson used Adam and Eve instead of Adam and Steve. Typical...

That's a thing?

Bronson, you're a professional photographer. Your career is made by capturing moments and documenting things, why don't you turn the lens on yourself and see that you're not much different from those you claim are ruining other people's lives.

Bitch I'm a videographer, it's even worse! I PROVIDE VIDEO EVIDENCE and also I just film sports, so unless someone dropkicks a child in the face, I'm good

The problem with saying stuff like that in every case is more often than not there are cases like Zahra (even this week still defending the swastika), aka people who didn't change much from when they were a kid

If they're going to say or do stuff and then maintain and continue it, they need to be held accountable eventually for it. Especially when all it takes to avoid it is deleting a tweet or Twitter and making a public apology instead of digging your heels in the dirt and standing by it all

And the real problem with it is when someone gets it wrong, they're going to get it very, very, very wrong. And that'll become the norm if people keep doing shit like this and getting results.

Internet detectives ruin everything.

jmdajr

The 25 million Rock followers on just Instagram is nuts. What percentage of that is/ were even WWE fans.

Then again Attitudes era was nuts. It seems every person in their teens and twentys knew about Rock and Stone Cold.

Wednesday Night Skirmish!

NXT
Carmella vs. Peyton Royce
Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa vs. Bull Dempsey and Tyler Breeze
Dana Brooke vs. Billie Kay
Samoa Joe and Finn Balor vs. The Lucha Dragons

ROH
ROH World title match: Roderick Strong vs. Jay Lethal
ROH World tag team title match: The Addiction vs. The Young Bucks

TNA
EC3 & Tyrus vs Matt Hardy & Rockstar Spud
Brooke Tessmacher vs Gail Kim
The Wolves vs Myers/Lee
Lumberjack Match: Drew Galloway vs Chris Mordetzky

Jeff Hardy starts as EC3's assistant.

Ultratech

Matt had a title match last week and the stip was if Matt lost, Jeff was to become EC3's PA.

Wasn't that the Bella storyline from 2 years ago?

TNA gonna TNA...was kinda wondering about that myself.

As for the Bellas thing, that was last year.

Like almost literally last year.

She deactivated her twitter account too.

Eh, this can be chalked up to a dumb ass teenager saying stupid shit on the internet just like a lot of them do and I hope WWE takes it that way and she's grown up in the years since then. Its a different situation when it's a 16-17 year old compared to someone in their mid-20s like Zahra. I'm sure the internet mob will still have her head despite a lot of them probably being guilty of saying stupid, offensive shit too at that age.

EDIT: I also see she still has her Instagram up. Not a lot of comments there yet but yeah...

Dark City is basically a less polished not as popular version of The Matrix that came out a year earlier. So hipsters love it, of course.

It's philosophically deeper and more challenging, aesthetically more daring, from a better writer (the man who wrote The Limey, one of the other best movies of the 1990s), more memorable characters, better-done revelation of the twist (especially in the Director's Cut), etc. The only thing The Matrix has on it is the quality of the action, but given the essential shallowness and silliness of the dialogue and story surrounding it, it's hard for me to see how that's a trump card of any kind.

klonere

Banned
TNA gonna TNA...was kinda wondering about that myself.

As for the Bellas thing, that was last year.

Like almost literally last year.

Oh, I wasn't watching at all last year so I figured that happened a long long time ago

Why is Dana Brooke being featured so much on NXT? Should be Alexa Bliss....

Da sheetz say that HHH is very much a fan of Dana and is fast tracking her. She's definitely got confidence and character but Bliss has picked that up as well with the heel turn. And she got to kill Blue Pants last week as well. We'll see how it all goes.

Just got the Purobox from IVPVideos for this month; this month is dedicated to Joshi goodness. The blu ray is for the Jumping Bomb Angels, and the DVDs had Best of Alundra Blayze Vol 1 & 2, Best of Momoe Nakanishi Vol. 1, best of Chigusa Nagayo Vol. 1 (YEAH~!), best of Manami Toyota Vol. 1, and two discs of Kana. I decided to watch two matches of Kana, and yeah she is damn good. I can see why people are making a big deal over her. Bring on Kana vs. Bayley. :)

Also, ordered some Eddie Guerrero goodness. The first Los Gringos Locos vs. Santito/Octagon match from Nov 1993 is included and it's SOOO much better than the AAA PPV match.

This is hilarious considering how many times Mr Niebla has been fired and rehired

L.A. Park has been removed from all EMLL bookings for the immediate future after he used foul language after his match at Arena Mexico last Friday night. The promotion announced that Park's actions didn't meet the standards of their company and they can't allow that lack of respect towards the fans. Park accepted his punishment and apologized to them so the promotion said that they left on good terms as well as saying that maybe down the road he may come back. Park will be replaced by Valiente on this Friday at Arena Mexico and Shocker on the 82nd Anniversario Show next Friday.

klonere

Banned
Just caught the end of Rock vs Cena II with the celebration and fireworks (it was on the network leading into NXT).

So was there not that huge a reaction when it happened or was the crowd not mic'd well or?

Just caught the end of Rock vs Cena II with the celebration and fireworks (it was on the network leading into NXT).

So was there not that huge a reaction when it happened or was the crowd not mic'd well or?

hard to say

I thought during Taker/Punk you could tell the crowd was into it but Rock/Cena seemed dead for the most part. Would have to re-watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjCEQF6xiWc

Ubrlo85.gif

Wednesday Night Skirmish!

NXT
Carmella vs. Peyton Royce
Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa vs. Bull Dempsey and Tyler Breeze
Dana Brooke vs. Billie Kay
Samoa Joe and Finn Balor vs. The Lucha Dragons
looking forward to this. Earlier today i watched a great Tommaso Ciampa/Zack Sabre Jr. match, though i've never seen Gargano wrestle. the main event should be great too, the Lucha Dragons never really had interesting opponents in NXT

Just some creative sound work from the fine people at the WWE Bureau of Truth

Honestly, Triple H would be a rock solid Top 10 talent for me - maybe Fave Five - if the Evolution/Reign of Terror run didn't happen. Triple H getting the Big Gold Belt, pretending he was a Horseman, and basically putting nobody over in the process because he thought he was the top dog now that Austin was gone and Rock was part-time soured me on him and professional wrestling in general for a few years. Shit, I'm still partially sour on Batista and Orton simply due to their association with Evolution.

Attitude Era HHH would definitely be an all-timer but Ruthless Aggression HHH was Hogan-tier bad.

When you look back at it, who really had their career made by Flair outside of Sting? Maybe Luger, kind of, although he ended up doing better for himself when not programmed with Flair for like 8 PPVs in a row. All of Flair's best feuds and matches were against already well established guys that didn't go up the card afterwards. I'm not sure "putting nobody over" should be a metric for GOAT status, because most guys really only put one or two guys over for their entire run.

The top heel or face can't just put everyone over. Otherwise they aren't the top guy and it doesn't mean shit. You remember the guys that beat Hogan and HHH. You remember when Sting beat Flair. You wouldn't remember if Hogan lost to Earthquake, Warrior, Mr. Perfect, and on and on, just like HHH losing to Jericho/Booker/RVD/on and on wouldn't have mattered for any of them. A top guy really only gets one chance to truly put someone over, so you really have to make it count. I think HHH made his count and Batista was made for life. It wouldn't have had the same impact if HHH had already given that big moment to 5 other guys.

Even before it happened, while filming the word was good.
He had done some solid action work at the end of the action era and this was to be his big shot and death or not it would have been.
This was said by many critics and yes, there is always the bonus points for dying but it has nothing to do with that.
I am going to take a wild stab in the dark that your age probably puts you at the saw it first on DVD crowd?
Not that it is a bad thing, but the take around the movie especially among comic fans especially and action movie fans was pretty hype.

I saw it in theaters. I thought it was dumb back then, too. I don't remember anyone acting like Brandon Lee was anything until after he died, when he became a lost star of his generation.

JavyOO7

I can see what BronsonLee is saying. Really, if you want to be famous in the future by being in a big promotion like WWE or NJPW or Progress or something like that... just destroy all your social media accounts. Because for whatever reason, people want to start something, and the reasons could be justified or not so justified... so when you have an employer like WWE see that they are getting negative press because Geek A said something years ago on twitter/facebook/instagram, then WWE is gonna cut bait like the quickness unless you are high in the food chain.

I think a few Wrestling Observer radio shows said that since WWE is trying to get better at doing background checks with people in re: to social media accounts, and supposedly, there may be a potential wrestler not getting a shot now due to something WWE found out.

Top Bottom