• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

klonere

Banned
That actually wasn't a half bad match.

Peyton Roche seems to have some potential and I really like that transition to Carmella's finisher.

Colocho

Banned
That actually wasn't a half bad match.

Peyton Roche seems to have some potential and I really like that transition to Carmella's finisher.

Yeah, she was Eva's opponent in her debut (she was called Cassie then) and she was sooooooo much better that the Red Queen.

klonere

Banned
It looked like a vampire was sucking on Balor's neck. The master now has control of the demon.

I really hope they do some character stuff with the Demon soon. Anything!

Yeah, she was Eva's opponent in her debut (she was called Cassie then) and she was sooooooo much better that the Red Queen.

People are worried about the state of the NXT women with the 4 Horsewomen mostly gone but I think once we get this Eva program out of the way, it'll be smooth sailing.

I can see what BronsonLee is saying. Really, if you want to be famous in the future by being in a big promotion like WWE or NJPW or Progress or something like that... just destroy all your social media accounts. Because for whatever reason, people want to start something, and the reasons could be justified or not so justified... so when you have an employer like WWE see that they are getting negative press because Geek A said something years ago on twitter/facebook/instagram, then WWE is gonna cut bait like the quickness unless you are high in the food chain.

I think a few Wrestling Observer radio shows said that since WWE is trying to get better at doing background checks with people in re: to social media accounts, and supposedly, there may be a potential wrestler not getting a shot now due to something WWE found out.

You mean I'll never have to see the Briscoes on live national TV? The horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No seriously that's the best WWE-related thing I've heard in at least a decade, likely longer. G-d bless Vince McMahon

somedevil

I can see what BronsonLee is saying. Really, if you want to be famous in the future by being in a big promotion like WWE or NJPW or Progress or something like that... just destroy all your social media accounts. Because for whatever reason, people want to start something, and the reasons could be justified or not so justified... so when you have an employer like WWE see that they are getting negative press because Geek A said something years ago on twitter/facebook/instagram, then WWE is gonna cut bait like the quickness unless you are high in the food chain.

I think a few Wrestling Observer radio shows said that since WWE is trying to get better at doing background checks with people in re: to social media accounts, and supposedly, there may be a potential wrestler not getting a shot now due to something WWE found out.

That was supposedly some wrestler or wrestlers asking for a stream for the UFC 191.

edit: Good lord that slap

I'm not saying TNA is worth watching tonight, but watch TNA tonight.

1k8cx.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But, but, the Charismatic Enigma, Jeff Hardy, is someone's personal assistant! How will the creature nation react?

Yeah, HHH put Batista over huge. That's a pretty big positive on his score card, I must say.

He also put Daniel Bryan over huge, though I guess since it was so long after the Reign of Terror, it doesn't count as much. I'd argue that Triple H was at the top of his game going into WM 30, though, bumping with just the right amount of goofiness to really sell Bryan as a contender without going too cartoonish.

Not to mention he tapped out to Benoit and gave us one of the great Wrestlemania moments.

Honestly, frustrating as the Reign of Terror might have been, silly as the "don't show Triple H in a defeated position in the screenshots of this video game" stuff might have been, protecting him really did make his initial losses to budding top guys, when they did happen, feel really damn special.

Exactly. Zahra was a very extreme example, but people are going to try and start outrage over everything, and I really don't think something like this prompts, really, any response of merit. It's mountains out of molehills.

You mean I'll never have to see the Briscoes on live national TV? The horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was probably done when Jay spent like 3 minutes of an important promo about ROH vs Chikara talking about Saturyne's ass for some reason

That was supposedly some wrestler or wrestlers asking for a stream for the UFC 191.

edit: Good lord that slap

Not so smart on their part. It was probably that punk Ricochet!
I have no idea

klonere

Banned
Oh hey look Full Sail like Dana

All those dues paid in high school gym rings getting paid pennies to wrestle in front of perverts is really getting her over!!!!!!!!!!!

Valentus

i dont still dont understand why wwe spends so much money in hiring so many women into developmental. We all know in the main shows they only uses 5 or 6 of them, and we know that the bellas and paige aint going anywhere, so there's only 3 spots left lol.

How insane is the idea that wwe creates his own version of SHIMMER in the future?

Exactly. Zahra was a very extreme example, but people are going to try and start outrage over everything, and I really don't think something like this prompts, really, any response of merit. It's mountains out of molehills.

That was probably done when Jay spent like 3 minutes of an important promo about ROH vs Chikara talking about Saturyne's ass for some reason

Not so smart on their part. It was probably that punk Ricochet!
I have no idea

To be fair, Jay Briscoe was probably trying to just fit in with Quack.

klonere

Banned
i dont still dont understand why wwe spends so much money in hiring so many women into developmental. We all know in the main shows they only uses 5 or 6 of them, and we know that the bellas and paige aint going anywhere, so there's only 3 spots left lol.

How insane is the idea that wwe creates his own version of SHIMMER in the future?

I feel that NXT is going to be heavily pushing their women's division once it really breaks out into a touring brand. So more girls will stick in NXT (hopefully on better deals...) and are let do their thing the way all the other NXT women have been.

Because if there's anything we've learned from the last few months its that the main roster is death for women performers.

JavyOO7

The more women in NXT, the better. If you really wanna have a fledging women's division then you need to have Sasha/Bayley/Becky/Charlotte.... x 20. Then we can have a real low card, mid card, and main event. And NXT will do it right, for the most part.

imBask

Banned
i'm watching TNA for the first time in about a year

it's better than last RAW so far, and Jeff Hardy looks either drunk and/or drugged as fuck, the usual

Observer tidbits

Eric Bischoff, who recently conducted interviews with WWE for new WWE Network history pieces on the Monday Night Wars, is under consideration for a future Stone Cold podcast. Bischoff over the year has been very outspoken that the WWE’s version of the Monday Night Wars is largely a fantasy, and for the most part, he’s correct.

That would be a lot of fun.

What’s notable in recent days is that WWE has started talking about Jeff Hardy, which was previously not encouraged. The Hardys were mentioned in specific on Raw during a segment where Edge & Christian and The Dudleys were backstage. While that could have been just storytelling, given that the three teams are linked from their TLC and ladder matches. You could argue a discussion between the two teams there not including a mention of the Hardys would feel awkward, but it’s not like that has stopped WWE in the past. Another sign is WWE asking fans to tweet if they are interested in seeing Jeff Hardy back and one person within the company noted to us there are a lot of mentions of him going around right now.

His TNA contract expires in January, IIRC. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in the Rumble.

Ultratech

Having not watched TNA in the better part of...I don't know, EC3 is still pretty damn entertaining.

(I'm sure everything else will be mostly crap.)

That NXT main event was a great wrasslin' match. Hey, Vince, notice how the crowd got into it? More of that, less of Ziggler, Lana and Summer please.

lol

Well, so much for Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania this year. Rousey took a movie gig that will have her filming in Indonesia in March and April, so she said it’s not happening. She has said it before but was pretty direct about it this week

Get ready for the Authority to last another year

When NXT doesn't want to do main event match-ups every week, they do squash matches and build stars that you then want to see collide. When WWE doesn't want to do main event match-ups every week, they just throw everyone in a tag match where everyone does their stuff and maybe one of them gets over if you are lucky.

Top Bottom