• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Fox318

Good.

That's how Raw and Smackdown should be too.

Too many big matches on free TV have spoiled fans over the years.

yup.

I see no need why 2 guys have to have segments and matches each and every night.

Have Rusev kill Swagger or Slater.

You need jobbers to make guys feel special.

Part of me wants the Raw rating to just keep going down. Vince is always at his best when his back is against the wall. Plus if the rumors from a few months ago are true, it could mean the end of Dunn.

Exactly. Zahra was a very extreme example, but people are going to try and start outrage over everything, and I really don't think something like this prompts, really, any response of merit. It's mountains out of molehills.

Maybe wait for an example of the problem you're imagining before criticising others for getting outraged over everything?

For what it's worth I seem to remember Cole calling Josh a fag on Twitter along with Punk calling a fan the same at a house who and fuck all came from those events after they apologised for it. So unless the policy has changed I think folks will be alright as long as they steer clear of celebrating Nazi iconography *and* trying to justify it rather than apologising for it.

I'm not sure I get the hate around Dana. Her character work is fantastic and she has charisma. She's also as good in the ring as someone with her level experience would be expected to be and she's improving. I see a lot of potential in her to be a star. A hell of a lot more than Eva for damn sure.

Also feel the same, to a lesser extent, about Carmella.

I'm not sure I get the hate around Dana. Her character work is fantastic and she has charisma. She's also as good in the ring as someone with her level experience would be expected to be and she's improving. I see a lot of potential in her to be a star. A hell of a lot more than Eva for damn sure.

Yeah Dana's not bad for like...6 months of training if that. She's got her character down 100%, which goes a long way. I find it weird that people think she's this big muscle woman. She's smaller than Emma and has a body more similar to Nikki than Beth Phoenix or Chyna. She's basically a bigger version of Alexa Bliss. Fitness model, not power lifter type.

Sephzilla

Yeah, the Dana hate isn't justified. Overall she's ahead of where someone with her experience should be. I'd argue that she's ahead of the pace Charlotte was at.

somedevil

The Funny thing about Dana is she is very similiar to Alexa Bliss. They were both did Gymnastics with Dana doing it for 18 years before turning to bodybuilding.

The only difference is Dana kept some of the bodybuilding physique while Alexa did not when she went to NXT.

People better like it though because it looks like she is getting the title shot unless they add Emma for a 3 way after that fluke win.

edit: John is in A form for review a wai. Plus the review they are doing for the anniversary show lol

As a huuuuuuge fan of WCW Saturday Night and Main Event I enjoyed the squashes on NXT tonight. Dana Brooke looked pretty decent and had a solid promo, she also ate a big boot from her opponent who had 33 foot long legs so that was fun. Enjoyed the two Dusty Classic tags and the tournament in general. Gargano I thought looked really solid tonight and enjoyed him bumping for Bull. It's a shame they are gonna get flatlined when they take on Corbin/Rhyno.

somedevil

As a huuuuuuge fan of WCW Saturday Night and Main Event I enjoyed the squashes on NXT tonight. Dana Brooke looked pretty decent and had a solid promo, she also ate a big boot from her opponent who had 33 foot long legs so that was fun. Enjoyed the two Dusty Classic tags and the tournament in general. Gargano I thought looked really solid tonight and enjoyed him bumping for Bull. It's a shame they are gonna get flatlined when they take on Corbin/Rhyno.

This is NXT so assume logical booking:

Cause right now if look at the brackets the semifinals is going to be this:

Gable and Jordan vs Gargano and Ciampa. The other semifinal is difficult because I can't predict the Joe/Balor vs Enzo/Cass winner because will it be clean or is joe going to turn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I turned on TNA. Chris Masters looks like fucking shit now Jesus he looks terrible. Like Rene Dupree in Japan terrible. And how many times has TNA given Eric 'Never Drew A Dime' Young a push? That dude's character at this point feels like a TNA fanfic character. Fuck off.

Anth0ny

Part of me wants the Raw rating to just keep going down. Vince is always at his best when his back is against the wall. Plus if the rumors from a few months ago are true, it could mean the end of Dunn.

I heard monday's raw was down 1 million viewers from last year's labour day raw. pretty crazy. here's hoping football pushes ratings down even further.

WWE needs to bring in more indie guys under their indie names as "free agents". Then people look them up, might get into the indies they work for, and now WWE has a whole new crop of people with a built in reputation without having to spend months building them up. Good for WWE, good for the wrestlers, good for the indie promotions, good for the fans. A win all around.

So weird seeing Gargano and Ciampa on NXt even weird is that they won their Match.

It was pretty surreal to see them on WWE television. Gargano's rope assisted spear on Breeze looked fantastic and he arguably made more of an impact than Ciampa. Love both guys though and hoping they play the long shot underdog and last a few more matches in the tourney.

WWE needs to bring in more indie guys under their indie names as "free agents". Then people look them up, might get into the indies they work for, and now WWE has a whole new crop of people with a built in reputation without having to spend months building them up. Good for WWE, good for the wrestlers, good for the indie promotions, good for the fans. A win all around.

I think it also contributes to the feeling of WWE being the real "major league" by having top indie talent dipping their toes into developmental.

Plus, it lays the groundwork for that fabled NXT x NJPW crossover show someday.

Can we talk bout how great Dana Brooke is and in a perfect world she would be Scott Stiner on the main roster

Dana-Brooke-flexing-565x350.jpg

2061b_ORIG-ScottSteiner_display_image.jpg

Zee-Row

Banned
Please answer this for me. John Cena was in the background of that WCW movie Ready to Rumble. Does that mean that Cena was in WCW's Power Plant development and that Cena would probably be wrestling in WCW had they survived?

I turned on TNA. Chris Masters looks like fucking shit now Jesus he looks terrible. Like Rene Dupree in Japan terrible. And how many times has TNA given Eric 'Never Drew A Dime' Young a push? That dude's character at this point feels like a TNA fanfic character. Fuck off.

I haven't really followed TNA since Styles and Sting left but Eric Young was always pretty solid and salvaged some serious shit he was handed. Also, who in TNA was ever a serious draw? They had a lot of talented wrestlers but I don't think you could consider anyone a draw.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I was doing dishes and watching ROH again. The match was The Young Bucks versus The Addiction for the titles, and while the match itself was pretty okay the way it was framed and ended pissed me off. TYB cheat the entire first half of the match by not tagging and spending a decent amount of the time out of the ring yet when The addiction hold onto the tights at the end they are called out for cheating by the suited authority figure so they get inserted in a three way at their next show.

Heroman

Banned
I heard monday's raw was down 1 million viewers from last year's labour day raw. pretty crazy. here's hoping football pushes ratings down even further.

WWE need to find to stream raw and smackdown live, we are in a era where are people are cuting the cord and wwe needs to adapt to that.

Please answer this for me. John Cena was in the background of that WCW movie Ready to Rumble. Does that mean that Cena was in WCW's Power Plant development and that Cena would probably be wrestling in WCW had they survived?

No he trained and wrestled in California, I assume that's why he got the role

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is why I talk shit about NJPW's junior division
QY7xyvn.gif

6wITesi.gif

BWNNaGv.gif

bgq68xP.gif

because NOAH's is way fucking better but who cares because they're stuck in NOAH where someone decided Taichi should be champion

Sephzilla

So I'm not going to say this in the Apple thread because I don't want to be strangled by a million white ear bud cables, but Apple is basically charging money for an overpriced iPad that comes with a few extra things Microsoft already did first. And they're going to get away with it because Apple.

Goddamn. I actually don't hate their products bit everything that surrounds that company drives me fucking nuts.

WWE need to find to stream raw and smackdown live, were in a era where ore people are cuting the cord and wwe needs to adapt to that.
They recently made PPV providers not happy. I don't think they want to do the same to television companies too.

Is Eric Young still being pushed as store brand Danial Bryan over there?

WWE need to find to stream raw and smackdown live, we are in a era where are people are cuting the cord and wwe needs to adapt to that.

Considering that the only reason WWE is profitable is their escalating Tv rights fees that would be dumb. They get paid regardless of ratings. They are fucked when it comes time to find a new deal.

Also the network is around 1.3 million don't see around 2 million. People getting the network for Raw

This is why I talk shit about NJPW's junior division

because NOAH's is way fucking better but who cares because they're stuck in NOAH where someone decided Taichi should be champion

Agree 100%

NJPW should build their Jr. division with juniors from NOAH, some of the recent young lions like Kamaitachi and El Desperado and CMLL wrestlers.

Dana's personality is wayyyy batter than "cheer me I'm ric flair so Daughter"

I mean from a physical perspective. She carries herself well enough, but she couldn't be the "genetic freak" when there are multiple people in the same division who tower over her.

And I hate this idea that Charlotte only ever got over on account of being Flair's daughter. Revisionist history like a motherfucker. She has charisma and she did good character work on NXT. The problem is the main roster writers who want her to embrace the Flair stuff.

I mean from a physical perspective. She carries herself well enough, but she couldn't be the "genetic freak" when there are multiple people in the same division who tower over her.

And I hate this idea that Charlotte only ever got over on account of being Flair's daughter. Revisionist history like a motherfucker. She has charisma and she did good character work on NXT. The problem is the main roster writers who want her to embrace the Flair stuff.

With hindsight, you can see how well Charlotte was protected, and the match with Nattie was literally MONTHS of work. I assume the match with Sasha had a similar time frame to work on. Since she dropped the title, she's been completely exposed as someone who is still very new to the game and only in the spot she is due to her family connections. She's looked the worst out of anyone in the Divas Revolution, and that makes sense, since she has by far the least amount of experience.

The second she stopped getting protected treatment, it became obvious she wasn't as ready as everyone initially thought. The power of good booking. Everyone fell for it.

Top Bottom