• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Part of me wants the Raw rating to just keep going down. Vince is always at his best when his back is against the wall. Plus if the rumors from a few months ago are true, it could mean the end of Dunn.

"Look Hunter, I gave you a chance with these indy geeks. Look at the ratings. No one wants to see a fat slob who looks like he's going to dump some poutine on himself or some Crossfit geek who can't even look impressive beside Jon Stewart. Push that new Brawn guy to the main event, find me some 300 pounders to put in the ring, or I'll change my will to hand the company over to Dunn when I die."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NXT women's division have the luxury to work on their big match in one place for weeks if not months, which is part of the reason all of their big matches are Savage/Steamboat. Divas on the road have to do Raw/Smackdown/Main Event, plus almost all of them have to deal with Total Divas being taped.

A damn shame to see that UltraMantis Black has to retire.

He's really been on his way out for a while. He's an older dude, and he's been more about his band and other pursuits than wrestling for the last couple years. The injuries might be the thing he needs internally to finally move on for good. I wish him well.

Big One

Banned
You guys ever have weird wrestling promotions in your dreams? I keep having one, for some reason. It's unrelated to my dream itself but it's basically a revived WCW that I never watch cause it's abysmally bad. But for some reason in my dream I keep wanting to watch it but the dream ends there. From what I understand it's like sub-TNA levels in terms of how bad it is but it's similar to early-TNA having Curt Henning and similar there. The arena is like a very red and bright version of WCW Saturday Night and features a bunch of CAW style guys no one's ever heard of.

Sadly that's prob what WCW would be if it was around today, lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA is basically what Bischoff WCW would have turned into. Only instead of the Impact Zone being in Orlando, it was going to be in Vegas.

LycanXIII

How far in advance are they in NXT tapings right now? They're going to be at Louder than Life (music festival in Louisville) on October 3rd and 4th and was wondering if part of the Tag Team tourny would be there if they're holding some matches at live events.

Big One

Banned
TNA is basically what Bischoff WCW would have turned into. Only instead of the Impact Zone being in Orlando, it was going to be in Vegas.
Yeah I've always figured that only a bit better managed and more mainstream (WCW that is). Early TNA was basically a rebooted WCW as is just never got the same amount of attention, and having Russo still booking as well was awful.

With Bischoff I'm convinced he'd still have all the big names in some capacity since they were still on contract till 2002. After that though? Hard to say.

Ithil

How far in advance are they in NXT tapings right now? They're going to be at Louder than Life (music festival in Louisville) on October 3rd and 4th and was wondering if part of the Tag Team tourny would be there if they're holding some matches at live events.

They're out of footage now, and have new tapings tomorrow night.

COgqG7LUcAAzynx.jpg

With hindsight, you can see how well Charlotte was protected, and the match with Nattie was literally MONTHS of work. I assume the match with Sasha had a similar time frame to work on. Since she dropped the title, she's been completely exposed as someone who is still very new to the game and only in the spot she is due to her family connections. She's looked the worst out of anyone in the Divas Revolution, and that makes sense, since he has by far the least amount of experience.

The second she stopped getting protected treatment, it became obvious she wasn't as ready as everyone initially thought. The power of good booking. Everyone fell for it.

This is the thing that makes me think that, regardless of how they booked it, the "Divas revolution" was going to take a while to really sink in. It's one thing to tell good in-ring stories when you have uber-talented road agents laying matches out spot by spot and weeks to really let the story seep into your bones. It's another thing entirely to have enough talent to be given a looser guideline with some kind of vaguely novel twist, plug it into a more general formula (the "WWE TV match"), and still find little things to do to help yourself get over with the crowd (hopefully not "movez"). NXT is very good for the former, but only the main roster can teach you the latter, and it takes time. Paige had a good 6-7 months on the main roster where she looked pretty awkward and little girl-ish, and she's been wrestling the longest of any of them.

Edit: Also, I recall Charlotte over-relying on the Flair thing from the very beginning in NXT. It's arguably gotten even worse on the main roster, but "Ric Flair's daughter" has been by far her most notable and touted personality trait since I became aware of her.

So does anyone think the finish of the women's match on Monday won't be Paige screwing over Charlotte? To me that scenario is win all around. It allows Nikki to break the record while protecting Charlotte and breaking up PCB. Then at NoC you can give the title shot to Sasha on account of her beating Nikki a few weeks ago.

So does anyone think the finish of the women's match on Monday won't be Paige screwing over Charlotte? To me that scenario is win all around. It allows Nikki to break the record while protecting Charlotte and breaking up PCB. Then at NoC you can give the title shot to Sasha on account of her beating Nikki a few weeks ago.

Paige/Charlotte will be a very good thing for the division, I think, even if Charlotte is floundering a bit.

Not sure about the Wisdom of doing Sasha/Nikki this early in Sasha's tenure, but we'll see.

You think Creative even remembers that they have women on the roster?

I agree with your scenario, except it will probably be goggleface getting the title shot not Sasha.

Paige/Charlotte will be a very good thing for the division, I think, even if Charlotte is floundering a bit.

Not sure about the Wisdom of doing Sasha/Nikki this early in Sasha's tenure, but we'll see.

I think Sasha is obviously the most over of the new women so far, so it'd be smart to get the title on her and then build from there.

You think Creative even remembers that they have women on the roster?

Considering they book them in about two segments a week, I'd say yeah, I think so.

I agree with your scenario, except it will probably be goggleface getting the title shot not Sasha.

I think Nikki is losing the title at NoC, so it's just a matter of who takes it from her. I love Becky. She's really great in the ring and actually good on the mic, so I'm not opposed to her winning the belt, but I think it being on Sasha makes the most sense right now. Plus they have an actual storyline reason to give a title shot to Sasha over Becky.

Considering they book them in about two segments a week, I'd say yeah, I think so.

I wouldn't exactly call throwing every single female at a segment booking.

Beating a dead horse, but they deserve so much better. I hope an actual feud is started at NoC.

Sasha definitely deserves the title, but they'll need to split up the teams when she does, because they're all running out of people to wrestle.

It's 2015 and some of us still consider any Divas match/segment that ends with a rollup progress just because now it's Sasha doing it. This shit's dead in the water, but it's not as outright offensive as Dolph/Lana/Rusev/Summer, so it'll be paraded around as "Not That Bad" until 6 years from now when all of them are out of the company, where it'll be regarded as a misunderstood unappreciated classic

It's 2015 and some of us still consider any Divas match/segment that ends with a rollup progress just because now it's Sasha doing it. This shit's dead in the water, but it's not as outright offensive as Dolph/Lana/Rusev/Summer, so it'll be paraded around as "Not That Bad" until 6 years from now when all of them are out of the company, where it'll be regarded as a misunderstood unappreciated classic

You know what really grinds my gears? It's 2015 and they can't be bothered to put them in a women's division. Oh, no, not these ladies, these girls are DIVAS.

Hahah, wait really? Because I can hear him saying that.

Punk mentioned it in a podcast. He asked if he could be on UFC TV because he wanted to see a show and they always cut to familiar celeb faces in the crowd, and Vince said something like "no, it's barbaric, somebody's going to die, did you hear they're going to have women fights now?????????"

Punk mentioned it in a podcast. He asked if he could be on UFC TV because he wanted to see a show and they always cut to familiar celeb faces in the crowd, and Vince said something like "no, it's barbaric, somebody's going to die, did you hear they're going to have women fights now?????????"

It should be noted that Punk is being sued for making shit up on that podcast.

miserable

after hearing JR's story regarding Vince and asian women, i'm inclined to believe Punk or anyone else when it comes to Vince's out of touch comments

KingBroly

Banned
My interest in WCW kinda died after Starrcade 97. It was such a bad way to end that story. Disgusting how Hogan paid Patrick off to fuck it all up.

It took me a bit to realize Peyton Royce and Billie Kay weren't the same person. They should be a tag team and eventually join Emma when they're done being jobbers, put all three 'Straya women together I say.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay shooting on WrassleGAF, it holds true

11986402_850882765024354_3849830404454750272_n.jpg

Cmon Boots, I want a CZW jiff. I'll provide one.

Gonzalez

Banned
Hey, the 7/14/97 Nitro features a bunch of pre-maskless luchadores playing security guards getting chokeslammed by The Giant. These include Psicosis, Super Calo, and L.A. Park(Who looks awful without his mask. He looks like Funaki's long lost Mexican cousin).

Top Bottom