• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

tm24

seconding this

From luchablog

On the Bauer & Pollock show, Court Bauer said TripleMania PPV buys “exceeded all expectations, before refunds”, topping recent TNA & ROH shows and close to what the NJPW Tokyo Dome show drew (which Bauer was surprised by.) He didn’t give a number of what they did, but said expectations were 1,500-2000 given the visibility of AAA in US/Canada. They have no info on how many refunds yet, and he fully expects there to be a massive amount. Bauer says it’s possible they might do an AAA US PPV again, but it’s not likely in the near future – they’re not going to do it without everyone sure production will go perfectly and they have a great card. Bauer specifically said Heroes Inmortales will not be a PPV (though he believes that’ll have a better card than TripleMania) and it generally came off like we should not be holding our breath for the next one.

Steven The Beast looking like Will Smith of the Oculus Rift o-face photo infamy.

59430-47171-oculus_test.jpg

The right Heavenly Hunk is Psicosis's uglier cousin.

RP912

Banned
US Title match will be the main event at NOC?

w8kIWJ7.gif

At least the US title is getting a push of a lifetime. They might as well migrate the belts into the US Heavyweight WWE championship because both divisions don't really make any goddamn sense anymore.

klonere

Banned
When a wrestler is in the ring giving a monologue or whatever, do they have it memorized or is there a teleprompter hidden off camera?

There is no prompter that I am aware of. The way things work (mostly) nowadays is that the performer will have learned off a scripted promo to deliver in ring. Some performers are allowed to either write or do their own promos independent of any scripting if they so wish, most notably, John Cena (probably). More recently I think the New Day have been cut loose when it comes to being scripted - either that or they are really really good at making it all look unscripted.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There is no prompter that I am aware of. The way things work (mostly) nowadays is that the performer will have learned off a scripted promo to deliver in ring. Some performers are allowed to either write or do their own promos independent of any scripting if they so wish, most notably, John Cena (probably). More recently I think the New Day have been cut loose when it comes to being scripted - either that or they are really really good at making it all look unscripted.

There's no way Rollins is memorizing 10 minutes of material every week.

He's probably got one liners and some bullet points and just improvises the rest.

He's probably got one liners and some bullet points and just improvises the rest.

And I'd say it shows, he manages to stretch out those bullet points into rambling each and every week, often with the same points no less.

klonere

Banned

As much as I love Rollins there is no way that he is not 95% scripted. Either that or he is really bad at making improv sound scripted. The cadence, the flow of his sentences, the breaks he takes all scream completely scripted to me. Like that promo last week was so so obviously scripted I feel.

I feel for the dude, he's on the show more than the Rock was on any 98/99 Raw that I've watched so far and he's no Rock. Yet it feels like they are really putting everything on his shoulders.

Seems there's some memorization

So how is any given episode of Raw planned out? Do the wrestlers come to the arena early and all rehearse their respective promos and matches?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta disagree with that being a greatest trash can throw. JBL canning Hornswoggle is top tier garbage can moment.

Top Bottom