• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Someone send Zahra those links to the Kana gravura vids.

I've only seen gifs of that stuff on Twitter and the main thing I remember is one of the Shirai girls being confused about basically everything, including getting into the tub while fully clothed and playing with Kana's bum

Even the Japanese are as confused by their stuff as we are!

is the ROH current episode on their website the same one as they show on tv?

The current episode on the website is the one that aired on Destination America Wednesday:

ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Addiction (c) w/Chris Sabin vs. The Young Bucks
ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) w/The House of Truth vs. Roderick Strong

The current episode on the website is the one that aired on Destination America Wednesday:

ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Addiction (c) w/Chris Sabin vs. The Young Bucks
ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) w/The House of Truth vs. Roderick Strong

Thank you! I wasnt sure if there was another episode besides the one on Destination America.

just your public service reminder that WWE films are put in extremely limited theatre runs to fulfill a requirement to be in theatres in order for wal-mart to carry it.

¡HarlequinPanic!;178401785 said:
just your public service reminder that WWE films are put in extremely limited theatre runs to fulfill a requirement to be in theatres in order for wal-mart to carry it.

also for awards consideration

Not when you factor in overhead and production for network shows

Have you seen how cheaply those shows are produced? They're sometimes decades old talking head footage mixed with B-roll.

Data West, why is joshi so stiff and brutal? Every match seems like the women have zero regard for the brains and necks of their opponents and seem to be really into brutalizing each other.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data West, why is joshi so stiff and brutal? Every match seems like the women have zero regard for the brains and necks of their opponents and seem to be really into brutalizing each other.

Because the original foremothers of joshi were mostly cunts that only wanted to protect their spot and would injure their students or competitors to make sure they didn't take their spot. The spot fighting is no longer a thing, but that kind of wrestling is so ingrained into joshi wrestling that being that way is just the norm for a lot of joshis. I don't even call it stiffing because it goes far beyond what I call stiffing.

If you watch Shida vs Syuri, you can actually hear Syuri's knee bouncing off Shida's skull. And those two are best friends irl.
tumblr_n7p07uHnqG1s1uj0qo2_400.gif

My favorite joshi of the last decade is a tiny little girl who would just hit people hard as shit, and it never came off as spiteful. It's just the way she was trained(by the same guy who trained Naito and pretty much the other half of Japan)

Harlequin Panic liked Kana before it was cool. You sudden Kana experts remember that.

Things I know about Kana
She kicks hard
She uses her butt sometimes
Her clothes are weird
She did those model DVD things
Tajiri kicked her ass
She tried to strip some girl after a match in SMASH (this I learned from you fuckers)

Because the original foremothers of joshi were mostly cunts that only wanted to protect their spot and would injure their students or competitors to make sure they didn't take their spot. The spot fighting is no longer a thing, but that kind of wrestling is so ingrained into joshi wrestling that being that way is just the norm for a lot of joshis. I don't even call it stiffing because it goes far beyond what I call stiffing.

If you watch Shida vs Syuri, you can actually hear Syuri's knee bouncing off Shida's skull. And those two are best friends irl.
tumblr_n7p07uHnqG1s1uj0qo2_400.gif

My favorite joshi of the last decade is a tiny little girl who would just hit people hard as shit, and it never came off as spiteful. It's just the way she was trained(by the same guy who trained Naito and pretty much the other half of Japan)

That's ridiculous. Joshi isn't even enjoyable on any level most of the time, because it's so brutal

12 Rounds 3 Lockdown is a remarkable film in that it takes the abundant charisma of WWE Superstar Dean Ambrose and stifles it by giving him nothing to do. I don't remember the last time I saw a movie this straight up bad where I couldn't even laugh at its badness. There is nothing worth giffing. DUD

12 Rounds 3 Lockdown is a remarkable film in that it takes the abundant charisma of WWE Superstar Dean Ambrose and stifles it by giving him nothing to do. I don't remember the last time I saw a movie this straight up bad where I couldn't even laugh at its badness. There is nothing worth giffing. DUD

this is disappointing

I'm still gonna watch it and be disappointed

maybe the 12 rounds with orton is better

screw reviewing PPVs we should divvy up WWE studio films and review them. Though I have the feeling more than half will end up being ungiffable snoozers.

fuck it I'm saying I'm organizing that shit now, let me know if you want in and we'll choose ones to do by lottery. maybe legit shook can host the reviews after we put them up here.

¡HarlequinPanic!;178411613 said:
maybe the 12 rounds with orton is better

screw reviewing PPVs we should divvy up WWE studio films and review them. Though I have the feeling more than half will end up being ungiffable snoozers

I've heard that 12R2 is not that bad

Most of the WWE Studios movies i've seen are just blandly bad though. The Marine is actually an exception, where it's bad but it's also very watchable

I'll do it as long as I don't have to watch Marine 1, 3 or 4 again

Boots, what do you know about Peter Kaasa? He's going to be working the EVOLVE shows in October. Looks like a real life wrestling caveman from his website. Like he hasn't finished evolving or something.

Top Bottom