• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Oersted

I can't get behind a guy who, as the top heel, is more worried about making the fans pop for his spots than making them hate him.

Gotta be honest, the whole heel/face dynamic should die out these days, atleast mostly. Brock was celebrated as heel, the reasons for making Rusev heel were racist, Undertakers new run as heel is pathetic, Cena sucks and who likes that Authority gimmick. Oh yeah, also the New Day backfire. Also, Kayfabe is mostly dead these days. Besides godking Rusev we only have Braun Strowman.

If they don't have good reasons to be heel or face, just let them go over on what they can.

Gotta be honest, the whole heel/face dynamic should die out these days, atleast mostly. Brock was celebrated as heel, the reasons for making Rusev heel were racist, Undertakers new run as heel is pathetic, Cena sucks and who likes that Authority gimmick. Oh yeah, also the New Day backfire. Also, Kayfabe is mostly dead these days. Besides godking Rusev we only have Braun Strowman.

If they don't have good reasons to be heel or face, just let them go over on what they can.

You know what happens when everyone tries to look good?

Nobody looks good

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I was done with being sick, but being sick isn't done with me. What a fucking plague

I thought I was done with being sick, but being sick isn't done with me. What a fucking plague

tumblr_m5ygc35RDz1qiwd8jo3_250.gif

So after RollinsCena and the OwensCena series can we stick a fork in psychology in the WWE? I rewatched the Money in the Bank OwensCena and its just move kick out move kick out forever.

Maybe on the main roster. But when given the chance to, NXT has produced matches with plenty of psychology.

Namely from Zayn and Banks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You are the least Vince McMahon Vince McMahon I've ever seen.

I made the mistake of spending a couple hours splitting wood, feeling ok. Whipped my ass, and all my symptoms I'd been fighting this week returned with a vengeance and I didn't want to do anything except have a fever and stare at nothing

I made the mistake of spending a couple hours splitting wood, feeling ok. Whipped my ass, and all my symptoms I'd been fighting this week returned with a vengeance and I didn't want to do anything except have a fever and stare at nothing

Even Daniel Bryan could split wood without succumbing, friend.

maxresdefault.jpg

Let this be your inspiration back to health.
496283-mcmahon.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tm likes to think Wagner left over money.

I like to think they told him he'd be working Thunder in the main event and he promptly went, 'pffft, the fuck i am'

Completely disagree. Wrestling needs stricter adherence to face/heel dynamics. Very, very rarely has wrestling ever worked well with the "shades of gray" stuff. The most successful angles have always been clear good guy vs bad guy. Wrestling is not really a medium for deep, rich storytelling. What happens every time with two shades of gray characters in angles together is both end up as pieces of shit that no one wants to get behind.

Yeah, Seth pulling face spots is something I'm not a fan of same as everyone else but if they're going to be done it should be out of desperation. But I've also never liked when personalities sharply change with their alignment or they do in an illogical manner.

I fucking hate that heels in WWE seem to always revert to being a coward. But at the same time when Austin turned he should've been with the justification that he realized after his neck surgery that his time was running out and he wasn't ready to lose his spot, it seemed like that's the way they were going with Vince being his "insurance policy" but then they never really pulled the trigger. He should've completely sold out and not done those comedy bits, as great as they were didn't do him any favors, neither did the invasion happening either.

Besides that, fuck I miss how hot crowds were in the late 90s and early 00s.

CZW is always...eventful?

Oh, and Rusev loving Windjammers is fucking hilarious to me, as is him still shitting on Lana in that damn video

Even with doing stuff like showing up on UpUpDownDown Rusev still keeps a bit of kayfabe alive with referencing Lana and his at least staying somewhat in character is something I respect considering how many don't do it these days.

Yeah, Seth pulling face spots is something I'm not a fan of same as everyone else but if they're going to be done it should be out of desperation. But I've also never liked when personalities sharply change with their alignment or they do in an illogical manner.

I fucking hate that heels in WWE seem to always revert to being a coward. But at the same time when Austin turned he should've been with the justification that he realized after his neck surgery that his time was running out and he wasn't ready to lose his spot, it seemed like that's the way they were going with Vince being his "insurance policy" but then they never really pulled the trigger. He should've completely sold out and not done those comedy bits, as great as they were didn't do him any favors, neither did the invasion happening either.

Besides that, fuck I miss how hot crowds were in the late 90s and early 00s.

Even with doing stuff like showing up on UpUpDownDown Rusev still keeps a bit of kayfabe alive with referencing Lana and his at least staying somewhat in character is something I respect considering how many don't do it these days.

Yeah the Austin thing did switch gears in a weird way, but man, it was worth it. Stunning Stone Cold Steve Austin was wonderful on all levels.

Lmao at the idea of Rusev building up a LEGO game collection

Zach

Well I hope you get to feeling better, lightweight. You missed a heck of a show last night. Ragnaroookkkk!

Oersted

Completely disagree. Wrestling needs stricter adherence to face/heel dynamics. Very, very rarely has wrestling ever worked well with the "shades of gray" stuff. The most successful angles have always been clear good guy vs bad guy. Wrestling is not really a medium for deep, rich storytelling. What happens every time with two shades of gray characters in angles together is both end up as pieces of shit that no one wants to get behind.

I did not say grey characters. I did not say completely dropping heel/face. I said only working in black and white stiffles creativity. Cena is a tremendous worker who does alot of social work. Why is he so controversial? Enforced face, burying talents. Why did New Day not work? How does it look when in one week Henry defends America against Rusev and in the next week they work together, because both are heels now? Why does noone care if Brock is heel or not? And why does noone want Big Show, no matter if heel or face?

I did not say grey characters. I did not say completely dropping heel/face. I said only working in black and white stiffles creativity. Cena is a tremendous worker who does alot of social work. Why is he so controversial? Enforced face, burying talents. Why did New Day not work? How does it look when in one week Henry defends America against Rusev and in the next week they work together, because both are heels now? Why does noone care if Brock is heel or not? And why does noone want Big Show, no matter if heel or face?

All those things you're describing are reasons why they need to do better with black and white characters, not that it stifles creativity.

Zach

NeoGAF Vince: my boy Richie Adams apparently won the Compound strap last night. The Saturday Night Wars have officially begun in Tulsa, OK.

Perhaps we can meet up at a Compound show if he's defending for a while.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Zune finally broke and I was thinking about if I should just get another off-brand MP3 player to leave in my car or to just convert over to my phone.

I don't even know what a non-Apple mp3 playing device even is at this point.

My Zune finally broke and I was thinking about if I should just get another off-brand MP3 player to leave in my car or to just convert over to my phone.

I don't even know what a non-Apple mp3 playing device even is at this point.

I had my ipod stolen and just switched to using my Galaxy Note 4 and have no regrets.

Top Bottom