• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll tell yall, one of the unspoken joys in life is watching Nintendo fanboys try to analyze their corporate structure and try to understand business. There's a few gems in the threads out there. The best part is that they let their love for kideos completely blind them to simple business. I love it maggle.

Sephzilla

I'll tell yall, one of the unspoken joys in life is watching Nintendo fanboys try to analyze their corporate structure and try to understand business. There's a few gems in the threads out there. The best part is that they let their love for kideos completely blind them to simple business. I love it maggle.

Nintendo fanboys are some of the best because they're normally some of the happiest fans but they'll go full on Bob Backlund Crossface Chickenwing if they get hit with hard logic that's beyond their comprehension. Watching them try to view Nintendo from a business perspective must be entertaining.

imBask

Banned

I love Nintendo but it's the most frustrating company in the world to be a fan of (next to WWE)

Strikingly similar to conversations about the wrestling business here tbh

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo fanboys are some of the best because they're normally some of the happiest fans but they'll go full on Bob Backlund Crossface Chickenwing if they get hit with hard logic that's beyond their comprehension. Watching them try to view Nintendo from a business perspective must be entertaining.

"THEY PUT THE FUCKING GAMECUBE GUY IN CHARGE?????????????????????????" lols for years

Strikingly similar to conversations about the wrestling business here tbh

yerp

Sephzilla

People are way over-analyzing the new Nintendo President thing though. That guy has transitional champ written all over him. He'll be in charge for 5 years tops and then give it to some younger guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Nintendo thread and the EA maybe possibly buying CD Projekt Red rumor thread are both chock full of nonsense

Just the tease of CDPR developing a Mass Effect game had me
VcBshO6.gif

Sephzilla

CDPR making Mass Effect leaves me with mixed emotions. We'd definitely get a more fleshed out fully realized world like Mass Effect 1 again but I actually think the franchise would regress gameplay wise. Until Witcher 3, solid gameplay isn't exactly what I'd call a CDPR staple.

imBask

Banned
but the gameplay in Mass Effect 1 was absolute trash, so could they really do any worst?

I literally gave up on the franchise because of the Mako in ME1

anyway, we're talking about EA here. CDPR would become a Mobile Game factory and shut down within a year

Sephzilla

but the gameplay in Mass Effect 1 was absolute trash, so could they really do any worst?

I literally gave up on the franchise because of the Mako in ME1

I liked the concept of the Mako because it made the worlds seem bigger and more 'real' if that makes any sense. In the sequels all of the worlds felt no bigger than a series of rooms and hallways.

But really though, CDPR allowing themselves to get bought out would be the biggest mistake for a developer since Bungie signed a 10 year deal with Activision.

But hey, we get that one Gin Blossoms song and that one Spin Doctors song!

Jesus, Boots is going to hit us with some fiercely stupid CZW shit.

Even though neither NFL game is a blockbuster tonight, Raw is going to be slaughtered.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
EA can bring a lot of good to CDPR. There's reasons why this would be good, lots of them. "Selling out" doesn't fucking matter. It's business. If it makes more sense and allows CDPR to make more games, and they WANT to do that...then why not?

imBask

Banned
EA can bring a lot of good to CDPR. There's reasons why this would be good, lots of them. "Selling out" doesn't fucking matter. It's business. If it makes more sense and allows CDPR to make more games, and they WANT to do that...then why not?

because you're too optimistic, this is not how EA has operated in the past. They killed a ton of fan-favorite studios...

plus i'm super fucking salty about NHL being barely updated from last years garbage pile, I hate them with a passion, I skipped NHL 15 and now i'm craving a hockey game and they're offering me the same god damn thing

Fuck, this means we're never getting Cyberpunk 2077.

And Sunny, tell me how EA treated Maxis, Mythic, Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, Danger Close, Phenomic, Black Box Games, and Pandemic.

Sephzilla

Because developers like having a lot of creative freedom, which goes away when you allow someone else to control your budget and call shots. CDPR also loves giving out free DLC, which you know would stop the moment EA gets involved. Really, seeing how much Activision dicked with Bungie & Destiny should make third party developers really leery of getting bought out by bigger publishers.

Plus, it's not like EA already doesn't have a track record of ruining studios. (Bioware, Criterion, etc)

Hex

Banned
Why isnt there a new dj hero game?

Because there are not enough clearance racks to support its release.

As far as tonight goes, at least we should get a reveal of Reigns and Ambrose partner so I am keeping my disappointment hat on but would like to be surprised

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because developers like having a lot of creative freedom, which goes away when you allow someone else to control your budget and call shots. CDPR also loves giving out free DLC, which you know would stop the moment EA gets involved. Really, seeing how much Activision dicked with Bungie & Destiny should make third party developers really leery of getting bought out by bigger publishers.

Plus, it's not like EA already doesn't have a track record of ruining studios.

Selective memory. EA kept a lot of studios alive, there's tons of free DLC for tons of their games. They do good work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cody looking sharp, and proud. Good to see their charity work workin'.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What studios did they keep alive that couldn't have been kept alive on their own?

Depends on what you mean by "couldn't have been kept alive on their own" - better to live like a king instead of slum like a peasant and eke out a meager existence. EA does good work.

imBask

Banned
Selective memory. EA kept a lot of studios alive, there's tons of free DLC for tons of their games. They do good work.

Maxis? Pandemic? Criterion? Bioware?

they're destroyers

NHL, FIFA and Madden are all terrible, they barely update the game every year

they DESTROYED the Need For Speed franchise with Rivals, Rivals was one of the worst racing game i've ever played

a studio with a terrible track record made a better Simcity than Simcity...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Amell did a great write up on this, big props to Cody

At the end of the day, this was Cody's "farewell" to his dad, and helping bring over a quarter million dollars to a charity is a pretty goddamned good way to say goodbye. Proud of that guy, and it's not even my place to be proud. I'm just happy that his work, on his "finish it" run from his dad ended up doing such a good thing for people.

Sephzilla

Maxis? Pandemic? Criterion? Bioware?

they're destroyers

NHL, FIFA and Madden are all terrible, they barely update the game every year

they DESTROYED the Need For Speed franchise with Rivals, Rivals was one of the worst racing game i've ever played

I'd agree that there's plenty of evidence to make a case that EA does more harm than good, but Madden this year is actually legit better IMO. On that note, EA's exclusive deal with the NFL really hurt the football sim genre as a whole.

What's this about no Cyberpunk 2077?

Why are people so excited about a game we know absolutely nothing about?

imBask

Banned
I'd agree that there's plenty of evidence to make a case that EA does more harm than good, but Madden this year is actually legit better IMO. On that note, EA's exclusive deal with the NFL really hurt the football sim genre as a whole.

lack of competition is always bad. see : WWE

Sephzilla

lack of competition is always bad. see : WWE

I really wish Bischoff and his group would have bought WCW. I refuse to believe Vince didn't do some under the table deals to prevent that from happening.

oh man the first trailer/gameplay for Watch Dogs was increeeeedible, Ubisoft really knows how to make good videos

Ubisoft is a master of revealing games one or two years too early and setting people's expectations way too high with great vertical slice trailers.

Sephzilla

Since we're already off topic and talking kideo games its #TimeToShoot

I think the people who are saying "Nintendo should make a Zelda/Metroid Maker" are completely missing the point of what Mario Maker's hook was. Mario Maker's entire hook is that the levels can be made in a quick amount of time and that the levels can be beaten in under a few minutes. You'll never be able to pull that shit off with a Zelda or Metroid Maker since those games are a lot more complicated. The only other "Maker" I want is a Nintendo/Capcom Mega Man Maker collaboration. Because Mega Man is awesome and it would adhere to the same quick to make/play rules that make Mario Maker work.

imBask

Banned
no you're missing the point, nothing should ever be done with Metroid ever again. Everyone should just let it go, Axiom Verge was a better Metroid than Metroid

straight shootin

RP912

Banned
I'm sitting back enjoying the meltdowns from that CDPR thread. Maybe we can get a Dragon Age/Witcher crossover game 0_0...shittttt I'm all aboard for the mothership to take these beloved developers to new lengths.

At the end of the day, this was Cody's "farewell" to his dad, and helping bring over a quarter million dollars to a charity is a pretty goddamned good way to say goodbye. Proud of that guy, and it's not even my place to be proud. I'm just happy that his work, on his "finish it" run from his dad ended up doing such a good thing for people.

Well said

I forgot to mention, I went to the WWE show on the weekend. Pretty fun show highlighted by a New Day appearance, Seth verse Dean, Roman verse Bray in a street fight, and Kevin Owens verse Chris "Y2J" Jericho. Afterwards I got to see Chris Jericho make out with some lady at a club.

Per usual my hometown did not fail to bring the class:

COz7nJqUwAE9o9W.png

Top Bottom