• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Hex

Banned
oh my fucking god

they're going to say this about 9000 times tonight, huh. I think I'll just go to the gym from 8-11...

This reminds me of my favorite randy orton quote of all time last year. he beat up jericho backstage, looks at the camera, and says

"WHAT CAN I SAY? IT'S THE SEASON PREMIERE"

The #SEASONPREMIERE of the #LONGESTRUNNINGSHOWONTV #RAWSEASONPREMIERE!!

Fox318

Whose excited for Seth Rollins scripted promo #432 where he insults INSERT LOCAL SPORTS TEAM ?

Man what a devastating heel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now that I have ad-less Hulu and I already have Amazon Prime, is there even a reason to get Netflix again? They're constantly losing movie which is the main reason I had them, and the shows that they have are almost always on hulu or Amazon Prime. Hulu even has the Criterion stuff where as Netflix just has garbage movies and Amazon Prime has a better documentary selection.

imBask

Banned
Rollins used to have a character. That character died in that abysmal feud against

THE KETCHUP SHOOTER
THE BRIEFCASE JOKER
THE LUNATIC FRINGE

oh my fucking god

they're going to say this about 9000 times tonight, huh. I think I'll just go to the gym from 8-11...

This reminds me of my favorite randy orton quote of all time last year. he beat up jericho backstage, looks at the camera, and says

"WHAT CAN I SAY? IT'S THE SEASON PREMIERE"
It's sad that I remember that scene lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I have ad-less Hulu and I already have Amazon Prime, is there even a reason to get Netflix again? They're constantly losing movie which is the main reason I had them, and the shows that they have are almost always on hulu or Amazon Prime. Hulu even has the Criterion stuff where as Netflix just has garbage movies and Amazon Prime has a better documentary selection.

Not really. Netflix has very little that is exclusive and is actually must-see.

Hulu's killing it right now. Amazing selection. Seinfeld and One Piece? I'll be alright for pretty much forever.

I did go back and start watching WKRP in Cincinnati, that's a good ass old show.

imBask

Banned

Hulu's killing it right now. Amazing selection. Seinfeld and One Piece? I'll be alright for pretty much forever.

I did go back and start watching WKRP in Cincinnati, that's a good ass old show.

gcNO30o.jpg

sigh :(

Only for TV shows and Netflix produced content I guess.

Gonzalez

Banned
Did you guys know the movie starring Matt Bloom, aka Lord Tensai, aka Giant Bernard, is coming out soon?

http://thedogwedding.ticketleap.com/boston/

The Dog Wedding, Bostonites show up! Lots of wrasslin' cameos in it as well. Jon Andersen (Strongman) is in it as well.

About “The Dog Wedding”

A German businesswoman falls for an American wrestler she meets at the dog park, testing her lifelong obedience to her CEO/father. Rosalie Thomass and Matthew Bloom lead a delightfully eccentric cast in this refreshing romantic comedy. Follow the improbable duo as they discover your best friend’s wedding can be a real wake-up call! Watch the trailer: http://thedogwedding.com/trailer

BVc07gd.jpg
Albert isn't part of the gay community?!?!

Edit: oh wait... This isn't a documentary.

Sephzilla

That Randy Orton "what can I say, its the season premiere" is scorched into everyone's memory simply because of how awful and stupid it is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon Prime has the first 2 seasons of Sesame Street which is dope to look back on.

Netflix fired shots by putting up a season or two of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and Reading Rainbow. Didn't check to see if they were exclusive to Netflix (probably not though)

Whose excited for Seth Rollins scripted promo #432 where he insults INSERT LOCAL SPORTS TEAM ?

Man what a devastating heel.

After him repeating his accolades while also saying how unfair his current situation for 15 minutes I'll be at a frenzy if he then insults the local sports team of another country.
OOOOH THAT ROLLINS!

Holy jones, I just realised that Rollins really is Trips protoge, he makes me fear Raw opening with him yammering on about the same old shit for the first segment, he truly is a student of the game.

Sephzilla

I'd legitimately rather have Jerry Lawler and JBL call NFL games than Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. Buck is just boring to listen to and Aikman pretty much openly roots against the Packers anytime he has to cover them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Netflix fired shots by putting up a season or two of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and Reading Rainbow. Didn't check to see if they were exclusive to Netflix (probably not though)

The thing I hate most about Netflix is there's no easy, official way to see what they have because they rarely ever keep shit. Like I saw they have Pee Wee's Playhouse but that was in December. Do they still have it? And is it the blu-ray quality ones or the old DVD ones?

I can just google it for Amazon or Hulu but not Netflix's weird self.

Incorrect.

Shows
BoJack Horseman
Orange Is The New Black
Sense8
Narcos
Daredevil (if you're into the comics)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Wet Hot American Summer" First Day of Camp
Chef's Table
Knights of Sidonia (if you're in the anime life)
Longmire

Movies
What Happened, Miss Simone?
Creep
Hot Girls Wanted
Virunga
The Battered Bastards of Baseball
The Square
The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life

Upcoming
new Black Mirror, if that's happening
Pee-wee's Big Holiday
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
Beasts of No Nation

Did you guys know the movie starring Matt Bloom, aka Lord Tensai, aka Giant Bernard, is coming out soon?

http://thedogwedding.ticketleap.com/boston/

The Dog Wedding, Bostonites show up! Lots of wrasslin' cameos in it as well. Jon Andersen (Strongman) is in it as well.

About “The Dog Wedding”

A German businesswoman falls for an American wrestler she meets at the dog park, testing her lifelong obedience to her CEO/father. Rosalie Thomass and Matthew Bloom lead a delightfully eccentric cast in this refreshing romantic comedy. Follow the improbable duo as they discover your best friend’s wedding can be a real wake-up call! Watch the trailer: http://thedogwedding.com/trailer

BVc07gd.jpg

Those dogs are just goddamn glorious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Incorrect.

Shows
BoJack Horseman
Orange Is The New Black
Sense8
Narcos
Daredevil (if you're into the comics)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Wet Hot American Summer" First Day of Camp
Chef's Table
Knights of Sidonia (if you're in the anime life)
Longmire

Movies
What Happened, Miss Simone?
Creep
Hot Girls Wanted
Virunga
The Battered Bastards of Baseball
The Square
The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life

Upcoming
new Black Mirror, if that's happening
Pee-wee's Big Holiday
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
Beasts of No Nation

yeah but how much of that stupid looking bullshit do I actually want to see?

just Narcos

imBask

Banned
now that i'm done with Archer I might try Bojack again, I really didn't like the first episode but maybe it gets better

yeah but how much of that stupid looking bullshit do I actually want to see?

just Narcos

I couldn't get through Daredevil, to be honest, but I really enjoyed BoJack Horseman, WHAS, Orange Is the New Black, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Sense8 actually works despite all expectations, and Longmire is a solid Western TV show.

Of the movies, the documentaries (What Happened, Miss Simone?, Hot Girls Wanted, Virunga, The Battered Bastards of Baseball, The Square, and The Lady in Number 6) are very good, and I liked Chef's Table.

People who are in the anime life seem to like Knights of Sedonia.

Sephzilla

I need to set down Mario Maker and keep watching Daredevil. I'm 7 episodes in and Wilson Fisk is a heel Authority figure I approve of.

JavyOO7

Netflix... gotta finish Season 3 of HoC and Orange is the New Black.

Then wanna watch Marco Polo, Blood Line, Bojack Horseman, Unbreakable Kimmy... and will finish the last three episodes of Narcos tonight.

Netflix is doing pretty good I think.

Speaking of Narcos, the guy who plays Pablo Escobar... great presence about him. Great actor. The DEA agent who narrates constantly isn't so bad but Escobar actor steals the show, daddeh.

I couldn't get through Daredevil, to be honest, but I really enjoyed BoJack Horseman, WHAS, Orange Is the New Black, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Sense8 actually works despite all expectations, and Longmire is a solid Western TV show.

Of the movies, the documentaries (What Happened, Miss Simone?, Hot Girls Wanted, Virunga, The Battered Bastards of Baseball, The Square, and The Lady in Number 6) are very good, and I liked Chef's Table.

People who are in the anime life seem to like Knights of Sedonia.

Knights of sidonis is great.

Also,recommend beast of no nation with Idris Elba

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm always surprised Disney doesn't have their old 80s and 90s cartoons streaming like Nick does. I bet the people who wanted the DVDs bought them when they first came out and a lot of them are unfinished. Might as well put them up on streaming for a new generation of kids to watch.

My biggest issue with Hulu is they don't offer a yearly subscription. I hate doing monthly stuff.

imBask

Banned
yeah I also think Sunny is a little hard on Netflix, I think it's still great and the exclusives are still worth it
eventhough they RUINED House Of Cards with that atrocious season 3

House of Cards is really cheesy good. I think people expect it to be serious and smart but that's never seemed like the point to me, I just like watching Kevin Spacey ham it up and chew the scenery.

JavyOO7

I dumped more time into Mario Maker this weekend alone than I have put into all of Mad Max. This is probably my GOTY. If there's any advice I can bestow it's that I tend to take a single idea and make a level out of it instead of trying to cram a bunch of ideas into a single one. It helps get around some potential creator's block and honestly I think it results in some more Nintendo-like solid levels.

Try two of the levels I made, if you want some examples.

10B4-0000-0030-ABB9
C797-0000-0033-3B34

Thanks for the tip. And thanks for the levels, daddeh. Will try today when I get home.

Anth0ny

I need to set down Mario Maker and keep watching Daredevil. I'm 7 episodes in and Wilson Fisk is a heel Authority figure I approve of.

everyone should stop what they're doing and watch daredevil. shit is incredible, even if you don't like comics. I've heard from tons of people who can't stand marvel movies but LOVED daredevil. As a huge MCU fan myself, it's probably my favourite thing in the MCU besides Avengers 1 and maybe Winter Soldier.

then watch narcos. great stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got through three eps of Daredevil and was just bored. DD has always been a poor character far inferior to the god Frank Castle so I'm not surprised. I guess it is true to the Daredevil that he's a boring blind piece of shit.

I got through three eps of Daredevil and was just bored. DD has always been a poor character far inferior to the god Frank Castle so I'm not surprised. I guess it is true to the Daredevil that he's a boring blind piece of shit.

Punisher's showing up in the next season of Daredevil.

And since we've spelled it three different ways already (and I'm guilty for at least one misspelling, so I'm not criticizing anyone), the anime on Netflix is Knights of Sidonia.

10B4-0000-0030-ABB9
C797-0000-0033-3B34

Wall hopping and Hammer Bros offered exactly that, and an alternative propeller shroom path, this makes me happier than the clown car bullet hell I was put through last time I tackled a Sephzilla special.

And is it just me or does one of those red koopas visible right at the start vanish to parts unknown when you wall jump up to them? If we could add a Bray Wyatt *blerp* effect it would make sense.

imBask

Banned
How are you not using a DNS service?

I do for some things on PC, but DNS and VPNs on tablets don't always work as intended/are slow/are buggy and it can be a pain in the ass. I pay for convinience, I don't want to have to go through hoops to watch what I wanna watch

Same goes for the WWE network actually, creating an american account under a fake name and a fake email and a fake billing address is dumb, i'm not doing that

Mario Maker is the shit. I just get creator's block making a level... I want it to be perfect but get frustrated with how it turns out and reset the entire thing. Thank god there are millions out there who are more than happy to pick up the slack and put some really fun levels out there, maggle.

EDIT - And Splatoon is the shit too. God I love Splatoon. SPLATOON!

I dumped more time into Mario Maker this weekend alone than I have put into all of Mad Max. This is probably my GOTY. If there's any advice I can bestow it's that I tend to take a single idea and make a level out of it instead of trying to cram a bunch of ideas into a single one. It helps get around some potential creator's block and honestly I think it results in some more Nintendo-like solid levels.

10B4-0000-0030-ABB9
C797-0000-0033-3B34

I've been hard at work creating a full four worlds worth of courses and I'm just about halfway there. I'm trying to create stages with increasing difficulty that could seem like an actual progression of Nintendo made courses.

Pesca 1-1
(1597-0000-0014-8573)

Pesca 1-2
(2796-0000-0016-2B01)

Pesca 1-3
(04E3-0000-001A-902D)

Pesca 1-4
(4BAB-0000-001B-70A0)

Pesca 2-1
(9D0E-0000-002D-ED62)

Pesca 2-2
(9548-0000-0034-46B8)