• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot to mention, I went to the WWE show on the weekend. Pretty fun show highlighted by a New Day appearance, Seth verse Dean, Roman verse Bray in a street fight, and Kevin Owens verse Chris "Y2J" Jericho. Afterwards I got to see Chris Jericho make out with some lady at a club.

Per usual my hometown did not fail to bring the class:

COz7nJqUwAE9o9W.png

Well damn.

Since we're already off topic and talking kideo games its #TimeToShoot

I think the people who are saying "Nintendo should make a Zelda/Metroid Maker" are completely missing the point of what Mario Maker's hook was. Mario Maker's entire hook is that the levels can be made in a quick amount of time and that the levels can be beaten in under a few minutes. You'll never be able to pull that shit off with a Zelda or Metroid Maker since those games are a lot more complicated. The only other "Maker" I want is a Nintendo/Capcom Mega Man Maker collaboration. Because Mega Man is awesome and it would adhere to the same quick to make/play rules that make Mario Maker work.
Well it's just plain logic really, I don't know why some people seem to think a Zelda maker would actually work well.
Metroid Maker even being considered by some is hilarious, the delusion of that franchise's popularity around here is certainly something and I say that as someone who loves the heck out of the series.

Mega Man at least had Mega Man Powered up, the level creator was the real reason to play that game. I agree Mega Man could work, the only other Nintendo franchise I see working as a maker is like...Kirby? so yeah we're fine with Mario Maker.

Since we're already off topic and talking kideo games its #TimeToShoot

I think the people who are saying "Nintendo should make a Zelda/Metroid Maker" are completely missing the point of what Mario Maker's hook was. Mario Maker's entire hook is that the levels can be made in a quick amount of time and that the levels can be beaten in under a few minutes. You'll never be able to pull that shit off with a Zelda or Metroid Maker since those games are a lot more complicated. The only other "Maker" I want is a Nintendo/Capcom Mega Man Maker collaboration. Because Mega Man is awesome and it would adhere to the same quick to make/play rules that make Mario Maker work.

And because creating Mega Man bosses will be entertaining for both the well designed bosses that come out and the absolutely awful trash fire garbage Robot Masters that will come out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That CDPR thread makes me think wrestlers should appeal to gamers because those marks will believe anything. Maybe that's how the Young Bucks sell so many shirts.

Well have you slapped down a cool $60 for that tasty 2K16 preorder then?

I spent 30 on Triplemania and 15 on a Nick Gage-less CZW event. 60 dollars on a shitty wrestling game that appeals to my nostalgia is nothing.

klonere

Banned
That CDPR thread makes me think wrestlers should appeal to gamers because those marks will believe anything. Maybe that's how the Young Bucks sell so many shirts.

I spent 30 on Triplemania and 15 on a Nick Gage-less CZW event. 60 dollars on a shitty wrestling game that appeals to my nostalgia is nothing.

Did you bother to get a refund for Triplemania?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you bother to get a refund for Triplemania?

Nah, I just learned my lesson not to buy another until Texano or Pentagon are in the main event. And the Villiainos aren't booked. Luckily, CMLL saved my money with the exit of Park and Wagner too. If Chilanga Mask, Cara Lucha, and Crash had actual cameras that weren't fan cams and some sort of ippv deal with like highspots, I'd always buy their shit. Mexican indie wrestling is way better and at least it's not ambitious enough that it's crappy but not completely fucking broken.

klonere

Banned
Nah, I just learned my lesson not to buy another until Texano or Pentagon are in the main event. And the Villiainos aren't booked. Luckily, CMLL saved my money with the exit of Park and Wagner too. If Chilanga Mask, Cara Lucha, and Crash had actual cameras that weren't fan cams and some sort of ippv deal with like highspots, I'd always buy their shit. Mexican indie wrestling is way better and at least it's not ambitious enough that it's crappy but not completely fucking broken.

How far are we even away from those guys being main event? Every card I see Pentagon is stuck in those multiman clusterfucks (along with Fenix).

Godbless HH

q2W7pTm.jpg

Xater

How far are we even away from those guys being main event? Every card I see Pentagon is stuck in those multiman clusterfucks (along with Fenix).

Godbless HH

http://i.imgur.com/q2W7pTm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

He really shouldn't sign off with HH. Around these parts everyone would think he tries to disguise a"Heil Hitler".

Oh wait....

Sephzilla

This was a good weekend. No bullshit happened. Spent plenty of time with Mario Maker. Watched my Packers once again beat up on the Bears.

Holy shit, ECW Arena!

If the entrance way is in the correct part of the building, then I might get this.

I'm putting the odds of the ECW Arena being faithfully recreated at 0%. Yukes couldn't even get the WM30 entrance right in 2K15.

Gonzalez

Banned
This was a good weekend. No bullshit happened. Spent plenty of time with Mario Maker. Watched my Packers once again beat up on the Bears.

I'm putting the odds of the ECW Arena being faithfully recreated at 0%. Yukes couldn't even get the WM30 entrance right in 2K15.
Yeah, I'm expecting the entrance to be dead center, and a commentary table featuring Michael Cole, JBL, and Jerry Lawler at ringside.

JavyOO7

Mario Maker is the shit. I just get creator's block making a level... I want it to be perfect but get frustrated with how it turns out and reset the entire thing. Thank god there are millions out there who are more than happy to pick up the slack and put some really fun levels out there, maggle.

EDIT - And Splatoon is the shit too. God I love Splatoon. SPLATOON!

Sephzilla

Mario Maker is the shit. I just get creator's block making a level... I want it to be perfect but get frustrated with how it turns out and reset the entire thing. Thank god there are millions out there who are more than happy to pick up the slack and put some really fun levels out there, maggle.

I dumped more time into Mario Maker this weekend alone than I have put into all of Mad Max. This is probably my GOTY. If there's any advice I can bestow it's that I tend to take a single idea and make a level out of it instead of trying to cram a bunch of ideas into a single one. It helps get around some potential creator's block and honestly I think it results in some more Nintendo-like solid levels.

Try two of the levels I made, if you want some examples.

10B4-0000-0030-ABB9
C797-0000-0033-3B34

Zach

If "Satan's Sister" and "Simply Ravishing" are in the next WWE game, I will buy it no matter how terrible it is. There, I said it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How many years has sports game commentary been good.

Like at least since 2010, right? And WWE games still have Jerry Lawler saying 'This tag team is looking to make an impression on the tag team division'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Like at least since 2010, right? And WWE games still have Jerry Lawler saying 'This tag team is looking to make an impression on the tag team division'

He's putting those educated feet to good use.

Even earlier. Baseball games on the ps2 had commentary that was on point most of the time.

Anth0ny

last week's raw rating was the drizzling shits

and this week is the first monday night football

I think we can all reasonably expect one thing, and one thing only...

aKp5siR.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys know the movie starring Matt Bloom, aka Lord Tensai, aka Giant Bernard, is coming out soon?

http://thedogwedding.ticketleap.com/boston/

The Dog Wedding, Bostonites show up! Lots of wrasslin' cameos in it as well. Jon Andersen (Strongman) is in it as well.

About “The Dog Wedding”

A German businesswoman falls for an American wrestler she meets at the dog park, testing her lifelong obedience to her CEO/father. Rosalie Thomass and Matthew Bloom lead a delightfully eccentric cast in this refreshing romantic comedy. Follow the improbable duo as they discover your best friend’s wedding can be a real wake-up call! Watch the trailer: http://thedogwedding.com/trailer

BVc07gd.jpg

Anth0ny

IT'S THE SEASON PREMIERE OF RAW!

oh my fucking god

they're going to say this about 9000 times tonight, huh. I think I'll just go to the gym from 8-11...

This reminds me of my favorite randy orton quote of all time last year. he beat up jericho backstage, looks at the camera, and says

"WHAT CAN I SAY? IT'S THE SEASON PREMIERE"

Top Bottom