• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Sephzilla

Holy CRAP

GOTY

That straight up recycled Surfer Sting picture, lol

Wall hopping and Hammer Bros offered exactly that, and an alternative propeller shroom path, this makes me happier than the clown car bullet hell I was put through last time I tackled a Sephzilla special.

And is it just me or does one of those red koopas visible right at the start vanish to parts unknown when you wall jump up to them? If we could add a Bray Wyatt *blerp* effect it would make sense.

Glad you liked the level! And yeah that bullet hell level I made is nuts lol, I'm not going to make anything as silly as that again. And yeah I'm not sure why one of the red koopas at the start vanishes like that. If I had to guess, I think when you go to do the first wall hop it goes far enough off screen to despawn it, but the spawn point for it is still visible so it just never returns.

Barrage

No matter how shitty this game is, it will be worth purchasing strictly for the roster.

Finn Balor VS Ministry Undertaker.

Brian Pillman VS Kevin Owens.

What a world we live in.

imBask

Banned
Yeah, if 5 minutes of set-up work is too much for you, then that's fine. But don't complain.

i'm pretty sure i'm allowed to complain about the unavailability of services in Canada. Plus our ISPs are reportedly cracking down on VPNs if i'm not mistaken so i'm not taking any risks

and it's not a 5 min setup, unless you have a good alternative on android tablet please let me know, most of the VPNs i've used were terrible. They were either super slow or had a timed limit
On PC it's not that bad, there are decent extensions for Firefox and Chrome that works fairly well, the deal breaker is always tablet.

I just hate the idea of paying for a service and having to go through additional hoops to get the same content as people who live an hour away from me

So what do we think the chances are of Charlotte winning the women's title from Nikki tonight? I mean, I like Charlotte the least of the the recent imports from NXT, but anyone's better than a Bella.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what do we think the chances are of Charlotte winning the women's title from Nikki tonight? I mean, I like Charlotte the least of the the recent imports from NXT, but anyone's better than a Bella.

It's tonight? Thought it was on the PPV. Either way, she ain't gettin it.

imBask

Banned
I still have 1 episode of daredevil left, it's been waiting for me there for months, I don't know... it was okay I guess

Anth0ny

I got through three eps of Daredevil and was just bored. DD has always been a poor character far inferior to the god Frank Castle so I'm not surprised. I guess it is true to the Daredevil that he's a boring blind piece of shit.

keep watching. fisk is the best part of the show.

also, you need to prepare yourself for season 2:

jon-bernthal-the-punig5ra9.jpg

Barrage

I think Nikki will retain tonight, then lose it at NOC.

espher

Late to the RB discussion, but I'm all over this setlist with the exception of like Disturbed and A7X. I must have some weird tastes, haha.

Fox318

Nikki will retain tonight and will hold the title for as long as total divas is on the air.

I'm already preparing myself for the moment when she buries sasha Wrestlemania 19 style.

jmdajr

Nikki will retain tonight and will hold the title for as long as total divas is on the air.

I'm already preparing myself for the moment when she buries sasha Wrestlemania 19 style.

But why would HHH bury his own talent?

Oh right. Fucking Pops.

Is anyone the least bit surprised that Sunflower is more interested in a gun wielding fascist lunatic than a bleeding heart liberal disabled lawyer

But hey, we get that one Gin Blossoms song and that one Spin Doctors song!

Jesus, Boots is going to hit us with some fiercely stupid CZW shit.

Even though neither NFL game is a blockbuster tonight, Raw is going to be slaughtered.

they aren't even the best(/good?) Gin Blossoms/Spin Doctors songs

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone the least bit surprised that Sunflower is more interested in a gun wielding fascist lunatic than a bleeding heart liberal disabled lawyer

Nobody should be surprised

all Punishers rule

3fyo8rn.jpg

Fun question from observer radio

How do you bring Bayley up?

Easy to do. Have a tournament or an open challenge against a cunt heel. Have her come close, put her over huge, and then incorporate her in some tag matches to make her a "mainstay" on Raw. She stays optimistic, and came close, and fits in fine.

I heard they were trying to let Nikki hold the belt longer than AJ to get her off the books, and then she will drop the belt to Flair at Night of Champions.

klonere

Banned
Original with Lundgren, VERY close runner up is War Zone. Thomas Jane Punisher can eat shit.

Holy shit they're doing a Table for 3 on New Day? I CANNOT WAIT. Amazing.

Its going to be on the Network after Raw tonight IIRC!

Also yes War Zone was fucking great, no nonsense action movie. Loved the lead in that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I'm surprised you don't like the Jane version.

It's accessible but crap for the Punisher character.

Lundgren's Punisher was way different as well regarding his origin. I have the German workprint steelbook edition which was even WEIRDER, which had scenes of him actually working as a cop, which is just insane.

But Lundgren Punisher mixed with the time period and shooting up skyscrapers full of Ninjas? That's all Punisher right there. Its heart was in the right place.

Menome

I heard they were trying to let Nikki hold the belt longer than AJ to get her off the books, and then she will drop the belt to Flair at Night of Champions.

Charlotte loses tonight. Something happens to make it a triple-threat at Night of Champions with Paige. Paige wins. Woo, revolution in full swing.

I think 1989 was the show where fans chanted "faggots" at the Freebirds and JR laughed about it and cameras zoomed in on the fans during the chant.

I don't think anyone can be too surprised or shocked that a white man born and raised in Oklahoma in the early 1950s would not have the most progressive viewpoints on homosexual and transgender issues.

What's more offensive and egregious, imo, is the accent and verbiage he uses (up to this very day) when talking about black athletes. He did it is entire career as a broadcaster, and still does shit like "You're my black son" or talking about "baby mamas" on Twitter. I can't believe no one ever pulled him aside in WCW or WWE and said, "Hey, maybe don't adopt your impression of a 'black accent' and whatever you think is hip black slang in a mocking tone when talking up black wrestlers". He did that shit his entire career and no one called him on it. At least King/Brain/Jesse had the excuse of being the heel commentator to lighten the sting of the racist shit they were saying. JR, as the face voice of NWA/WCW/WWE was a mocking shithead racist towards pretty much everyone who wasn't white, even when he was talking about a minority who was a face.

The "best natural/pure athlete" shit when talking up a black wrestler comes from JR.

Yeah, well, there ya go. Harley Race seems to have been the exception, really. He behaved like a racist prick to Ron Simmons, entirely trying to make it crystal clear that racism is just plain villainy. Oh, and made it all the more satisfying when Simmons beat Vader. And judging by how Ventura acts IRL, I'm pretty sure that it was purely an act for him to get heat.

But yeah, perhaps because I'm not from those times, and I don't have nostalgia to blind me, I just find JR a lot less likeable because of him generally being a dick, for a 'face'. He's the Hulk Hogan of wrestling, brother.

Nope. There's a lot of crossover. Your standard wrasslin' fan also posts Minion memes. They cross pollinate and we end up with shit like that Paul Heyman Guy minion and the soul is dead.

pRG1KBA.jpg

Please, nobody never post another minion pic in this thread ever again.

Sephzilla

It's accessible but crap for the Punisher character.

Lundgren's Punisher was way different as well regarding his origin. I have the German workprint steelbook edition which was even WEIRDER, which had scenes of him actually working as a cop, which is just insane.

But Lundgren Punisher mixed with the time period and shooting up skyscrapers full of Ninjas? That's all Punisher right there. Its heart was in the right place.

Lundgren's Punisher and War Zone are both fun movies IMO. I think the Jane version is my favorite though, I can't entirely put my finger on why I like it so much but something about it really pulled me in. I'd like to see Jane get another crack at the character, honestly.

Zach

Hey, are Bayley and Sasha in the new WWE game? Do we know? I just realized, if they're in, it may be the first time in my life that I play as ladiez in a wrasslin' game. What a world, etc. etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lundgren's Punisher and War Zone are both fun movies IMO. I think the Jane version is my favorite though, I can't entirely put my finger on why I like it so much but something about it really pulled me in. I'd like to see Jane get another crack at the character, honestly.

It was Travolta's allure, wasn't it?

I gotta say physically, looks-wise, War Zone's Ray Stevenson looked fucking perfect. Grim, stoic, and not a model like Jane.

GMe3RJl.jpg

Hair was perfect too. Great Punisher.

Lundgren looked amazing but for different reasons.

kG3lUGSl.jpg

Top Bottom