• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

I wonder what kind of politicking Ric is doing for Charlotte. It clearly didn't work tonight cause the decision was reversed. A lot can happen between now and Sunday though.

Well, he does have a close relationship with HHH. It's possible that he could get the head of the household to over rule such decisions on Sunday.

Alucard

Banned
You are old. We are old fucks watching the same shit we grew up on

We never learn

Yes indeed. There are other tests as well.

-Do you still non-nostalgically watch TMNT, Transformers, or other 80s cartoons? Like...you take them seriously?
-Do you still think that sports fandom is serious business?

I hope that one day, KO's character motivation becomes that he finally accepts his body and decides to no longer cover it up and goes back to his singlet. King Kong Bundy was legit jiggly fat as fuck and his singlet was smaller than Big E's during the Team Rocket days. KO is definitely more solid than Bundy was in the 80s.

Dudes shouldn't have to wrestle in shirts or get hair pieces because people on the internet are going to talk shit about their looks.

KO should stop wrestling in a T-shirt because it's truly atrocious and makes him look like he's wrestling at a fucking CZW show. I don't think a singlet would work for him, but a bodysuit might.

KO should stop wrestling in a T-shirt because it's truly atrocious and makes him look like he's wrestling at a fucking CZW show. I don't think a singlet would work for him, but a bodysuit might.

Bodysuit would make him look shorter and fatter than just a singlet. Maybe he can get some trashbag pants. Or be like Bull Dempsy and embrace his body.

Fox318

I wonder what kind of politicking Ric is doing for Charlotte. It clearly didn't work tonight cause the decision was reversed. A lot can happen between now and Sunday though.

pSZNfzz.gif

Kofi mentioned on the special that when New Day does inevitably come to an end, that might be his cue to retire.

He's by far the most entertaining he's ever been right now, though, so I'll actually be said if that comes to pass.

Zach

Because they want to pretend that WWE is a petty, cruel company that would go out of their way to make a talentless (their words not mine) wrestler like Nikki Bella break precious AJ's (a "wonderful" wrestler, I wanna see the receipts) record. Because they took Punk's shitty shoot on WWE, which was financially motivated, and want to be a part of this so-called rebellion.

These folks fail to see they're getting worked. Nobody upstairs gives a fuck, and neither should they if they're trying to be all inside baseball about wrasslin. Vince always wins, fans always get what they want but like the good lord Jeezus says, the greatest gifts sometimes are unanswered prayers.
Garth Brooks is the second coming? :O

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Every time I've seen Rick & Morty and Bojack Horseman, they both seem very unfunny and very 'wah this is hilarious when you're high dude' (and that's coming from someone who watches tim and eric). But I did like what I saw of Gravity Falls.

Only recent animated show I got really into was Bob's Burgers.
Bojack has some lighthearted moments but for the most part doesn't come across as a comedy.

Rick and Morty genuinely has a lot of laugh out loud moments and I'd encourage you to give it a second chance. The 1st ep is a bit rough around the edges, but it just takes off from there.

Kinda bummed one of the Uso's has been out for damn near a year and the company didnt even try doing something with the one healthy Uso.

Would have liked to see them try.

DMczaf

So they're continuing to stick with the status quo while ratings continue to nose dive at a historic rate?

I'm not even mad anymore, I'm slightly impressed by the sheer stupidity.

Sephzilla

So they're continuing to stick with the status quo while ratings continue to nose dive at a history rate?

I'm not even mad anymore, I'm slightly impressed by the sheer stupidity.

If shaking up the status quo means John Cena not being the center of the WWE Universe, then yes, they'll stick to the status quo.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Was Raw good guys? I saw HHH and Steph trying to get the rub off New Day in a gif and I was wondering if that answered my question about the rest of the episode.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The third man is Rowan right?

No clue if he's fit to wrestle but it's the only choice that makes sense.

DMczaf

Do I ruin American Ninja Warriors fans and reveal that shit is a complete work?

I was there during the finale. It was a damn work.

Hex

Banned
The third man is Rowan right?

No clue if he's fit to wrestle but it's the only choice that makes sense.

The only reason that I can think of for them not to show who it was tonight is that it is a dud and the mystery is better than the payoff.
When they did not reveal it tonight, I was honestly surprised.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only reason that I can think of for them not to show who it was tonight is that it is a dud and the mystery is better than the payoff.
The only option that makes any sense to hide is Rowan. But I don't know why Rowan isn't back in the Wyatt Family if he's able to wrestle (last I heard he wasn't).

I mean okay Daniel Bryan maybe but that seems ridiculously unlikely.

Angry Grimace

Isn't Rowan out for the rest of the year?
Last I heard into next year. But who else would be worth this dumb mystery angle? Is the crowd gonna care if they show up with Baron Corbin? I gather not.

DMczaf

Have heard that from a couple of people who have attended various tapings.

The final rope climb event was a joke.

Also, like I said in this thread a while back, they reshot the winning team's celebration because they fucked up their cue.

Colocho

Banned

I agree, if it were some big return (think Jeff Hardy or Kurt Angle, hell even Daniel Bryan) they definitely would've shown tonight to boost those network subs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Every time I've seen Rick & Morty and Bojack Horseman, they both seem very unfunny and very 'wah this is hilarious when you're high dude' (and that's coming from someone who watches tim and eric). But I did like what I saw of Gravity Falls.

Only recent animated show I got really into was Bob's Burgers.

Bojack Horseman is nothing like that. I love it and you literally could not pay me to get high ever again.

Angry Grimace

Sheamus Is totally losing his cash in. They keep going on and on about he guarantee of winning.

DMczaf

Anothing thing about American Ninja Warrior is that during the final event, there was this odd moment when...

*rolls up slightconfuse again*

2-0!

Hex

Banned
The only option that makes any sense to hide is Rowan. But I don't know why Rowan isn't back in the Wyatt Family if he's able to wrestle (last I heard he wasn't).

I mean okay Daniel Bryan maybe but that seems ridiculously unlikely.

Rowan is an epic let down if it is him because he was an overgrown jobber, NOT someone you go to for back up when there is a monster.
Hell he could not even beat Harper.

Not going to lie, I was hoping to hear Brock's music start playing.
Kane is one that I have been expecting, but why not reveal it.
"You surround yourself with monsters, well we found a monster" *cue the flames*
So we have Corbin? Joe? Both of those could have had a response and the segment SHOULD have ended with a brawl.
Bo? they could sell it. But Bo goes from joke jobber to monster slayer?
The Rock?
How would they not push that for buy rate.
Almost anyone except Rowan could have boosted buy rate by having a brawl tonight.
Does Sheamus have a match? Could them pushing his cash in be a swerve?

Top Bottom