• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

klonere

Banned
I watched the women's match.

Well eh, it was okay. At least the crowd was somewhat alive and I definitely would take that finish over a Paige run in. I just didn't really care about it. I appreciate the effort made by the women and the attempt by creative to make a title change seem like a big deal but I still just don't care about anyone winning anything at this stage. Probably just back to skipping women's segments again. Lmao at the accusations of Cena politicking Nikki to keep the belt. That is seriously the dumbest dirtsheet garbage rumour, stop re-iterating it like it is the god given truth. Nikki has the belt because they are top of the most important part of the women's division Total Divas and she is at least not going to hurt anybody in ring.

I thought Roman's promo wasn't bad.

Hex

Banned
I think they should have at least done a restart to make people think that there was a chance.
Also what was up with the Neville/Los Matadores vs Stardust and crew thing?
Were they that tight on time that they just pulled a non match so that the Diva match could head off the ten o'clock hour?
Maybe the Ryback segment went long.

I thought Roman's promo wasn't bad.

It was not bad but they left it out to dry.
It should not have been a face to face if no brawl was happening, it should have been done from outside the ring or backstage or on the ramp.
Doing it the way they did it killed it because they all just stare at each other. They should have had Reigns and Ambrose attack with no fucks given and then the third person's music hit.
Or at least the Wyatts had the number advantage so they should have attacked.
Ending it like they did just killed the momentum.

That Divas match was solid, psychological, and used its fuck finish well. Twin Magic doesn't make sense generally, but it worked perfectly last night because the ref couldn't see her face or body, just some legs in the air.

Actually, both divas matches last night were quite solid. Can we stop being doom and gloom?

Hex

Banned
That Divas match was solid, psychological, and used its fuck finish well. Twin Magic doesn't make sense generally, but it worked perfectly last night because the ref couldn't see her face or body, just some legs in the air.

Actually, both divas matches last night were quite solid. Can we stop being doom and gloom?

I think you are missing the point in that it was not the match, it was the blatant fact that Nikki has been held up to make sure that AJ's record was released and it has been tedious.
They could have left it with a tie and then made it more of a mountain when someone finally tops it down the line but no.
Now I personally could not give two shits if she loses the title anymore, where as last night or anytime in the past few weeks would have meant alot more.

Edit: I still say Charlotte should be heel. The baby Flair thing just grates but it would be perfect for a heel.

imBask

Banned
omg that KOF trailer

yheAcEY.gif

if you wanna go 2d to 3d, just go the same route as Guilty Gear Xrd

klonere

Banned
They've done a great job with Nikki as a despicable heel in the last 3 or so weeks and especially last night. She's got some huge heat for all the bullshit she's pulled. Its actually pretty funny that Nikki and Seth have been booked very similarly (both heels who rely on interference to cheat and keep titles while being underneath a heel authority figure) yet Nikki probably has a lot more "fuck you" straight up hate heat.

Still this is still the wonderful Divas division where Nikki could be a face in 2 weeks.

imBask

Banned
I don't know about Nikki guys... True Heels don't work anymore because people recognize talent, most people who get real heat are just bad and people just hate them because they don't care about them, they don't want to see this person on the TV screens

I never ever talk about Nikki with my wrestling loving co-workers, but we'll talk about Rollins or KO all the time

I think you are missing the point in that it was not the match, it was the blatant fact that Nikki has been held up to make sure that AJ's record was released and it has been tedious.
They could have left it with a tie and then made it more of a mountain when someone finally tops it down the line but no.
Now I personally could not give two shits if she loses the title anymore, where as last night or anytime in the past few weeks would have meant alot more.

Edit: I still say Charlotte should be heel. The baby Flair thing just grates but it would be perfect for a heel.

That's some backwards ass shit logic. A title change would mean more if it happened before the record was broken, making the whole reign building up to that completely meaningless?

I would argue that none of this matters. In the sense that people say Bruno was this amazing champion due to his long reign who have never seen one of his defenses. But he's seen as a great champion anyway, because it was a long reign and people are told he/it was great. Down the line, all the assumed gossip/politics/match quality won't matter at all. The record will matter. And who beats the record will matter. No one talks about territory politics as a reason why Bruno was kept as the top guy for so long.

People talk about Ric Flair being the greatest champion ever despite the majority of his prime years/defenses not even being available and taking place on house shows, with short, meaningless reigns scattered all around. It doesn't matter that he lost the title 16 times and that he had almost exclusively bullshit finishes for 30 years. The record is what matters. People don't talk about NWA/WCW politics when talking about Flair as champion. They just talk about the record. It was a big deal when Harley broke Thesz's record, and it was a big deal with Flair beat Harley's record, even though most people hadn't seen the reigns of either guy.

So, to have Nikki lose the title right before the record, after building breaking the record as a big deal that people should care about, would be absolutely stupid and pointless. Because the record is what is going to matter.

I don't know about Nikki guys... True Heels don't work anymore because people recognize talent, most people who get real heat are just bad and people just hate them because they don't care about them, they don't want to see this person on the TV screens

I never ever talk about Nikki with my wrestling loving co-workers, but we'll talk about Rollins or KO all the time

so you and your co-workers only talk about MALE wrestlers, eh?

scust.

klonere

Banned
If you want to to protect the integrity of the belt and competition hire competent refs that can tell the difference between two different people with different hair, different body types and different ring gear.

FUck sake. the more I think about it the worse it gets. They could have done any other sort of fuck finishg

RP912

Banned
Fuck the haters, Strong Style Nikki is here to stay. I'm all aboard the Bella train because of so many reasons, but I'll keep it down to three.

1. She's a true heel

2. She's making the Divas championship prestigious again

3. She's making the Divas division worth a little bit more than a piss break

Fuck the haters, Strong Style Nikki is here to stay. I'm all aboard the Bella train because of so many reasons, but I'll keep it down to three.

b-but AJ's reign of 4 minute long champ matches did that already you pleb

RP912

Banned
I seen the light and it made me realize that AJ's title reign was pretty much the same as Nikki's. People want to throw that Cena shade, but fail to see the fact that she had a bit of pull too because of Mr. Phil. However, at least Nikki didn't put her significant other on the pedestal like Mrs Brooks. The Nikki hate is becoming tiresome because it's not even about her anymore...but Cena. Let's forget about the fact that her feud with Brie headlined Summerslam *yes it was a bad feud but still*, the Divas matches are getting a bit of cheer rather than NJPW crowd silence, and Brie is becoming an exceptional manager with the whole "COME ON NIKKI" chants.

I'm just saying...there's enough room on this train for all of Wrasslegaf. Choo Choo goddammit.

Ithil

1. She's a true heel

She's a true heel, that spends most of her time trying to get cheers from crowds and has commentary praising her.

RP912

Banned
She's a true heel, that spends most of her time trying to get cheers from crowds and has commentary praising her.

Like every other wrestler that want to receive cheers from fans despite their heel/face push. It's no different from Flair trying to get the crowd behind him when he's going against Steamboat.

Oersted

1. She's a true heel

1. Booking all over the place

2. Haha. No. That she still has it besides better competition is a joke. Also, she barely defend it.

Ithil

Like every other wrestler that want to receive cheers from fans despite their heel/face push. It's no different from Flair trying to get the crowd behind him when he's going against Steamboat.

Then why did you claim she was a true heel? When I think true heel I think WWE champion JBL.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny how women wrestling gets all sorts of pinkweenies upset.

RP912

Banned
1. Booking all over the place

2. Haha. No. That she still has it besides better competition is a joke. Also, she barely defend it.

1. True, but it's better than the atrocious Divas booking before AJ became champion. Around that time, there wasn't a storyline or a reason to actually like a certain Diva. It was either you like Kelly times 2 or just see a Divas battle royal.

2. This goes back to blaming booking. At least she acknowledge that she's the champion and not treat the belt like it's just on her waist ala Kelly times 2.

imBask

Banned
FAV FIVE HEELS :

JBL during his championship run
Kevin Owens
Heel HHH
Hollywood Rock
CM Punk

honorable mention : thuganomics Cena

RP912

Banned
Then why did you claim she was a true heel? When I think true heel I think WWE champion JBL.

The difference between her and JBL is the fact that JBL is old school, while Nikki is doing her way of going over. It wouldn't make no sense with her doing JBL tactics for 10 minute segments followed by a 5 to 10 minutes Divas match. Once again, it all goes back to booking. People need to understand that maybe...just maybe it's not the wrestler's fault, but the way shit is run. Even in interviews, Nikki is sincere about wrestling and how she want things to change as well.

Sure the Divas revolution is a mess, but lets look at the positives of it. Nikki is putting the belt in a higher place than the previous champions, half of the NXT Divas roster is getting recognition, and the crowd is starting to come around despite some hick ups.

RP912

Banned
FAV FIVE HEELS :

Kevin Owens
Heel HHH
Hollywood Rock
CM Punk

1. JBL
2. Edge
3. Hollywood Hogan
4. No to kissing babies Brotista
5. CM Punk

Runner up: Legend Killer Orton

¡HarlequinPanic!;178893677 said:
y'all think nikki bella could take R. Mika?

Of course.

If you want to to protect the integrity of the belt and competition hire competent refs that can tell the difference between two different people with different hair, different body types and different ring gear.

FUck sake. the more I think about it the worse it gets. They could have done any other sort of fuck finishg

Lol that's the point. The point is to make people mad about how the heel gets away with such blatant and obvious cheating. It's like y'all never watched wrestling before. And now the rematch is set up so the heel can't cheat her way out of it.

RP912

Banned
Man...a divas burger would be fucking delicious.

I'm talking about aged cheddar, top quality beef, iceberg lettuce, home grown tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, red onions, special sauce, and a sesame seed bun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The constant stream of bile about the Divas stuff since yesterday. If we took the time people spent on that and applied it towards something useful, like making me a hamburger, it'd be fantastic

Oh. People don't want the Divas to be successful. They want it on their terms, not on the terms WWE is providing. This way they can sit back and go "Ha! I knew they ain't shit! They couldn't do in a few months what we've had for decades!"

Cuuuuuunts

bjork

Man...a divas burger would be fucking delicious.

I'm talking about aged cheddar, top quality beef, iceberg lettuce, home grown tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, red onions, special sauce, and a sesame seed bun.

Theo and Cockroach used to call girls "burgers." Denise told them it was wrong.

Ithil

Lol that's the point. The point is to make people mad about how the heel gets away with such blatant and obvious cheating. It's like y'all never watched wrestling before. And now the rematch is set up so the heel can't cheat her way out of it.

Except they squandered the potential emotional investment already. People aren't going to give a shit that Charlotte wins the title on Sunday, it feels like a forgone conclusion, and way too late.

Yall getting worked in to a shoot brothers. Women are still booked the same as they always were.

A good fuck finishes is no fuck finish. WWE using them like pro athlete on painkillers. Part of the reason I like New Japan/indies. When it comes to big things there is no fuckery

imBask

Banned
Oh. People don't want the Divas to be successful. They want it on their terms, not on the terms WWE is providing. This way they can sit back and go "Ha! I knew they ain't shit! They couldn't do in a few months what we've had for decades!"

Cuuuuuunts

what? you're overanalyzing it

well I don't know about the others but the only reason I don't like the divas division is because it's not very good/fun to watch, that's about it. It has nothing to do with "how WWE does it vs how I want it to be", I don't care how they do it, all I know is what i'm watching sucks

RP912

Banned
Yall getting worked in to a shoot brothers. Women are still booked the same as they always were.

A good fuck finishes is no fuck finish. WWE using them like pro athlete on painkillers. Part of the reason I like New Japan/indies. When it comes to big things there is no fuckery

FTFY

Sephzilla

FAV FIVE HEELS :

Kevin Owens
Heel HHH
Hollywood Rock
CM Punk

FAV FIVE HEELS:
Ric Flair
Hollywood Hogan
Canadian Hero Bret Hart
Batista
Kevin Owens

Honorable Mentions: Sasha Banks, Hollywood Rock, Edge

Except they squandered the potential emotional investment already. People aren't going to give a shit that Charlotte wins the title on Sunday, it feels like a forgone conclusion, and way too late.

Except you can't possibly know this unless you're a time traveler, which I assume you aren't. Guess you'll have to tune into WWE Night of Champions live on the WWE Network this Sunday to find out. Or you can take a shit and assume it was terrible.

Top Bottom