• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

RBH

.....is Sting beating Rollins with the deathlock tonight a probable sign that Rollins is retaining on Sunday? :(

.....is Sting beating Rollins with the deathlock tonight a probable sign that Rollins is retaining on Sunday? :(

VzXuB0o.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That's how it usually goes. Though of course that trope is well known so sometimes it is subverted.

WWE has been on quite the hijinxs kick lately though so I bet on that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why I like Nick Gage is because he feels authentic. He has cuts convincing promos that are short and to the point. Unlike most indie wrestlers who flow from feud to feud from promotion to promotion, Nick Gage has a purpose as to why he is wrestling and why he continues to wrestle. His promos are sincere and he makes me believe. He doesn't need to borrow lines from obscure movies and poetry to make them work. He doesn't need highly edited videos for his promos. He only needs to convince me. And he always does.

For the aforementioned 'why does anyone like nick gage' post

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get why Lana is out with an injury. She doesn't do anything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why the fuck is Dolph Ziggler the face in this feud anyways? First he was a dick to Rusev when his foot was broken and now he's going out of his way to fuck with his current girlfriend.

ohman that Divas match was such a cluster fuck. Why is Twin Magic still a thing? It ends up making no sense. Why was Charlotte crying like a high school girl who didn't get asked to prom?

Aiii

So not worth it
ohman that Divas match was such a cluster fuck. Why is Twin Magic still a thing? It ends up making no sense. Why was Charlotte crying like a high school girl who didn't get asked to prom?

That's what women do, Ninja Scooter, didn't you know? They are weak and frail and need a big man to protect them.

It wasn't a clusterfuck at all. It had a clear, logical story with a regular ol' Dusty Finish. And the Dusty Finish showed that the heels are legit heels who will do anything to keep the title, that Charlotte can beat them, and now Nikki can't rely on anyone but herself at NoC.

I wonder how this thread would have been in the 80s when this story of Charlotte getting the title wouldn't be over until 8 more Dusty Finishes. It was used the proper way on Raw. To tease and build up heat for the real match.

Twin Magic is still a thing because the Bellas are cheating heels. Charlotte was crying because she thought she had achieved what she had been wanting since she was a child only to have it ripped away from her at the last second.

Jamie OD

Vita fanatics are the TNA fanbase of the video game world. Seriously I'm seeing a few people in the Sony TGS thread becoming upset because Gravity Rush is no longer a Vita exclusive, as if that's the final nail in the handheld's coffin.

Yeah, big surprise Nikki kept it with a Dusty finish. Meh.

I cannot stand Ryback's promo delivery, he's just reciting fucking lines with zero personality behind it, I sped through it (as well as the MizTV and opening promo crap) and he still almost bored me to sleep. Promos and theme music are interesting at 2x playback speed.

We got a singles match turned into a tag match and not one "playa" was uttered, I was sad. :(

At least the crowd was decently responsive or they mic'd it better than usual *shrug* At least except of the parts where they kinda sorta drowned them out. Still miss those Attitude era hot crowds with little to none of the excessively smarky, attention whoring bullshit we tend to get now in certain cities.

Did someone just suggest the WWE is not a petty company?
I can't imagine anyone would seriously say that. WWE has a long, very documented history of petty bullshit. Doubt that shit is going to change when H³ and Stephanie get more control.

Vita fanatics are the TNA fanbase of the video game world. Seriously I'm seeing a few people in the Sony TGS thread becoming upset because Gravity Rush is no longer a Vita exclusive, as if that's the final nail in the handheld's coffin.

Sony didn't bother with nails, they just threw it in a box tethered to a cinder block (the utterly moronically over priced memory cards) and threw it off a bridge into the river.

You're forgetting that Rusev was treating Lana like shit, but ok

Weirdly, he didn't until this angle, when he suddenly became a chauvinist and Lana became a helpless woman who Rusev was controlling the whole time. It's amazing that Rusev has been able to turn this shit show into being the most likable and entertaining non New Day guy on the entire roster.

Hex

Banned
What is up with the Authority coming out lately trying to get pops? Aren't they heels?

They have been essentially tweening it for a while now, Trips likes to be the cool guy.
In my opinion they get more fan orientated right before they do something really heelish to make it hit that much harder when it drops.
Plus they have no real enemy right now until the Rollins dam breaks.

Hex

Banned
Weirdly, he didn't until this angle, when he suddenly became a chauvinist and Lana became a helpless woman who Rusev was controlling the whole time. It's amazing that Rusev has been able to turn this shit show into being the most likable and entertaining non New Day guy on the entire roster.

Exactly.
It was not until they heard fans chanting for Lana and got this fantastic idea for a storyline that he started becoming an asshole to her.

Yeah, big surprise Nikki kept it with a Dusty finish. Meh.

I cannot stand Ryback's promo delivery, he's just reciting fucking lines with zero personality behind it, I sped through it (as well as the MizTV and opening promo crap) and he still almost bored me to sleep. Promos and theme music are interesting at 2x playback speed.

We got a singles match turned into a tag match and not one "playa" was uttered, I was sad. :(

I just can not get behind Ryback, and what the fuck was with the mouth stuff he was doing the whole time? It was creepy.
Sheamus at least I want to like because he tries, he sells well and he has great interactions in the ring (when not trying a catch phrase) but he is just kind of boring. Not bad just boring.
Ryback is just one dimensional, and he never grows or gets better.
That whole segment could not be saved.
The tag match does not bode well for this Sunday, though I guess if anyone can carry Sting to a good match it would be Rollins.
Feeding Show to Sting would have gone a long way to helping the match at NoC.

As for Reigns and Ambrose partner...
IF I booked it, as of this point I would go with Sheamus and have Reigns and Ambrose have made a deal with him to help him cash in.
So they deal with the Hair Bear Bunch Family, and then get to screw over Rollins and the Authority all in one night.

Kaiterra

Banned
The only pure heel in the entire damn company is Nikki Bella.

pRSjkdz.gif

I mean, sure, I guess, when they don't go out of their way to present her as someone you should cheer for and try and give her credit for this "revolution," which only makes sense in the way you'd give England credit for the American Revolution. The fact she hasn't been treated like a pure heel is the worst part of her whole run.

I think we'll get a deleted scene on a DVD special feature one day showing that this story actually started when the Oculus mirror was at Raw and Rusev looked into it.

Exactly.
It was not until they heard fans chanting for Lana and got this fantastic idea for a storyline that he started becoming an asshole to her.

It always made no sense what so ever given how he adopted her country of origin and always obediently waited for her kill orders.

It's not surprising given how poor the booking right now is though. The only elements of the show that are entertaining come from the character work of guys like New Day and Russev.

Oersted

Why the fuck is Dolph Ziggler the face in this feud anyways? First he was a dick to Rusev when his foot was broken and now he's going out of his way to fuck with his current girlfriend.

He is hot. Hot woman automatically fall for hot guys. Hot guys can't help themselves and fall for them. It is known.

Hex

Banned
It always made no sense what so ever given how he adopted her country of origin and always obediently waited for her kill orders.

It's not surprising given how poor the booking right now is though. The only elements of the show that are entertaining come from the character work of guys like New Day and Russev.

They were going for the Bridgette Neilsen (sp?) thing with Rusev being Drago in the whole thing from Rocky IV

Oersted

Because the creative team didn't realize yet how stupid and non-believable it is.

ape-keyboard1.jpg

This picture may or may not resemble the creative team.

Top Bottom