• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Heels (heels I loved)

5. Paul Orndorff - Recently, I've really grown to love the work he did
4. Mr. Perfect
3. Vince McMahon
2. Bobby Heenan
1. Sensational/Scary Sherri

Man...a divas burger would be fucking delicious.

I'm talking about aged cheddar, top quality beef, iceberg lettuce, home grown tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, red onions, special sauce, and a sesame seed bun.

You can keep all the other shit after lettuce. Actually I want the bun too, but beyond that..

Oh. People don't want the Divas to be successful. They want it on their terms, not on the terms WWE is providing. This way they can sit back and go "Ha! I knew they ain't shit! They couldn't do in a few months what we've had for decades!"

Cuuuuuunts

I just don't understand why it merits such heated discussions and drawing lines in sand. Wrestling is supposed to be fun, and simple. Women's wrestling even more so. It's basically just like a CW show. This hot girl is a jerk, this other hot girl wants to win, etc.

Everyone should just bring me food instead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't understand why it merits such heated discussions and drawing lines in sand. Wrestling is supposed to be fun, and simple. Women's wrestling even more so. It's basically just like a CW show. This hot girl is a jerk, this other hot girl wants to win, etc.

Everyone should just bring me food instead.

It's the same reason why Anita Sarkeesian used to criticize film and other forms of media, but nobody cared - they were already having those discussions.

Turn it on kideos? "OH NOT IN MY CLUBHOUSE, BITCH"

That's why Canadian Hero Bret Hart was fucking glorious. He was hated as fuck in the US but when WWE went to Canada it was bizarro world.

There was a point where Bret clearly turned heel, though. Like, at the start, his actions and words were 100% accurate. By a month or two after WM 13, even proud Canadians couldn't pretend that he wasn't being a real Shitman.

RP912

Banned
If anything the whole Divas Revolution run expose the fact that there's more to women's wrestling than overkill matches *don't get me wrong...I love my NXT divas matches*. You got to be able to cut a promo, work a crowd, and tell a story. It's unfortunate, but WWE conditioned their crowds into believing that segments>>>matches. At least Char has a following despite her rough time in the revolution storyline.

Times like this...I miss WOW. Women need a promotion to show off their true potential. I'm aware of indy promotions like SHINE and etc...but we need something on a higher level. Which is why I suggest that NXT become a complete women wrestling promotion.

Sephzilla

I was #TeamBret the entire way

Growing up, Hart to me was what Hogan was for the 80s generation. I'd never turn my back on the real hero.

klonere

Banned
I wish to formally apologies to the thread for having expectations for the main roster women matching what happens in NXT.

Sorry for shitting up your thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish to formally apologies to the thread for having expectations for the main roster women matching what happens in NXT.

Sorry for shitting up your thread.

I think there's a miscommunication, I'm not singling you out at all or even considered it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I'm just in a pretty terrible mood.

That big job that I thought I had on lock hasn't come through :(

It was to be a Communications Intern ironically enough

I know them feelins. Don't worry. Lean into the wind brother, I've been there HH

Fave Five Heels (heels I loved)

5. Paul Orndorff - Recently, I've really grown to love the work he did
4. Mr. Perfect
3. Vince McMahon
2. Bobby Heenan
1. Sensational/Scary Sherri

was watching an old summerslam with dusty rhodes fighting randy savage and sherri and the video package beforehand had sherri getting into it with sapphire and she had her heels on during the whole scuffle.

that woman was just too damn tough.

Fave 5 types of botches.

5. When the ropes break
4. Unbreakable Tables
3. The Divas revolution
2. Trying to knock a guy over top rope but he wont go over
1. When a face legit forgets what city they are in and names the wrong place in a promo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;178897394 said:
was watching an old summerslam with dusty rhodes fighting randy savage and sherri and the video package beforehand had sherri getting into it with sapphire and she had her heels on during the whole scuffle.

that woman was just too damn tough.

She was a real badass. A rare breed, a one of a kind talent. Glad she got her HoF moment too.

ROH's All Star Extravaganza shows this weekend look pretty good. Sunny, you aren't too far from San Antonio, are you?

Night 1, Friday, September 18, 9 pm Eastern

ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) w/Truth Martini vs. Kyle O'Reilly

ROH World TV Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) w/Truth Martini vs. Bobby Fish

ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Addiction (c) vs. The Kingdom w/Maria Kanellis

#1 Contender for the ROH World Championship match: #BIGMIKE Michael Elgin vs.
Adam Cole vs. AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong

Open Challenge match: The Briscoes vs. ?

Best of 5 Series, match #3: ACH vs. Matt Sydal

No DQ match: Cedric Alexander w/Veda Scott vs. Moose w/Stokely Hathaway

If Silas Young loses, he becomes one of Dalton Castle's Boys: Dalton Castle W/The Boys vs. Silas Young

The idea that Silas Young could become one of Dalton Castle's Boys is money; all in all, that's a really solid card. It'll be aired on PPV and iPPV.

Night 2, Saturday, September 19, 7 pm Eastern

No holds barred match: Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Page

ROH World TV Championship match: Takaaki Watanabe vs. Bobby Fish or Jay Lethal

Others signed to appear:
The Addiction
The Young Bucks
AJ Styles
Matt Sydal
ACH
Mark Briscoe
The Kingdom w/Maria Kanellis
Adam Cole
Silas Young
Dalton Castle w/The Boys
Moose
Cedric Alexander

If anything the whole Divas Revolution run expose the fact that there's more to women's wrestling than overkill matches *don't get me wrong...I love my NXT divas matches*. You got to be able to cut a promo, work a crowd, and tell a story. It's unfortunate, but WWE conditioned their crowds into believing that segments>>>matches. At least Char has a following despite her rough time in the revolution storyline.

Times like this...I miss WOW. Women need a promotion to show off their true potential. I'm aware of indy promotions like SHINE and etc...but we need something on a higher level. Which is why I suggest that NXT become a complete women wrestling promotion.

WWE didn't do that. That's been how TV basically has always been for wrestling. At least since the early-mid 80s. The whole point of TV has been to basically be an infomercial for house shows/PPVs. I believe it was the great Glenn Gilbertti who said wrestling shows should be 80% entertainment, 20% wrestling. I agree. Maybe 70/30. WWE has actually done the opposite, training the themselves to believe that a match is equal to or better than a good character segment. Austin/Hogan/Rock didn't get over based on their 4 star TV matches every week.

Characters and character segments have always been more important than the wrestling. Even in the days of Gorgeous George. Wrestling has always been secondary to engaging and interesting characters and stories.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HOW DO YOU EVEN?

For shame Sunny Mac, for shame.

Danganronpa is many awesome things, and you should want to play it.

I did play it. It's shit. Keep those visual novels where they belong, in the hands of people masturbating

¡HarlequinPanic!;178899608 said:
isn't dang ol' ronpa just a viz novel?

where the shoot button at

There is a shoot button, son

You shoot TRUTH BULLETS

I did play it. It's shit. Keep those visual novels where they belong, in the hands of people masturbating

As wrong as this is I can't stop laughing

But ya. Danganronpa 3, we'll get it in like 85 years

New Day has gotten MUCH bigger in the last month or two, for good reason, yet their best match was that one they had against Cesaro/Kidd, no? If anything, their actual matches have gotten weaker since they went full over-the-top heel, becoming more about their taunting, Xavier screaming, short tag-ins to keep the face in peril, etc. Yet this is FAR more entertaining, and makes everyone more money, than a hypothetical alternate reality in which, say, Kidd didn't get injured, and they were having their fourth 4-star match with Cesaro/Kidd. I love great matches, but three-hour Raws with lengthy matches every week have shown, more than ever, the importance of character-building promos and vignettes and how diminished the returns on long, "big fight" matches are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Day has gotten MUCH bigger in the last month or two, for good reason, yet their best match was that one they had against Cesaro/Kidd, no? If anything, their actual matches have gotten weaker since they went full over-the-top heel, becoming more about their taunting, Xavier screaming, short tag-ins to keep the face in peril, etc. Yet this is FAR more entertaining, and makes everyone more money, than a hypothetical alternate reality in which, say, Kidd didn't get injured, and they were having their fourth 4-star match with Cesaro/Kidd. I love great matches, but three-hour Raws with lengthy matches every week have shown, more than ever, the importance of character-building promos and vignettes and how diminished the returns on long, "big fight" matches are.

Entertainment > Wrasslin' for a lot of people and wrestlers themselves. I like wrestling more than most, but I can appreciate entertainment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They couldn't get cyber connect 2 for the one piece fighting game. The Naruto games look amazing.

I'd love to see them do this. The Naruto boss fights, the cinematic ones, are amazing. I'd like to see it done in OP, because OP is wonderful.

imBask

Banned
the story was alright in Danganronpa 1 but the "word shooting" mechanic thingy really killed it for me, I gave up in the 2nd or 3rd case

it's just a less good Ace Attorney

Top Bottom