• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Would the current creative team even be capable of handling a three hour show with less wrestling? I'm in favour of it, as currently RAW feels like the worst PPV of the year every week. There's no longer a distinction between TV matches and PPV matches, which diminishes the importance of the big shows and makes the framework of the whole product (the wrestling) seem less important through over-exposure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would the current creative team even be capable of handling a three hour show with less wrestling? I'm in favour of it, as currently RAW feels like the worst PPV of the year every week. There's no longer a distinction between TV matches and PPV matches, which diminishes the importance of the big shows and makes the framework of the whole product (the wrestling) seem less important through over-exposure.

Absolutely not, the bigger focus on wrestling helps a lot, but the root of the issue is they have too much TV to make every week, with no rests. That's the root of the problem.

They need that second universe, a more fantastical one. This could be the key. Make Smackdown a fantastical kids show. Don't force talent to run on two shows, one of them nobody watches. Don't write for it. Or write something in a completely separate universe.

imBask

Banned
Your hair is stupid, Phoenix

DanganRonpa-Trigger-Happy-Havoc-Character-SS-9.jpg

cmon dawg

JavyOO7

If my boy Baron Corbin is the third man I'd be so happy...

But if not him than I wonder who. Joe is probably gonna feud with Balor soon. Its probably going to be some dude in the main roster or some dude in NXT who has only done house shows and no TV yet. I would nominate Tye Dillinger but dude is trying to get his new character over...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If my boy Baron Corbin is the third man I'd be so happy...

But if not him than I wonder who. Joe is probably gonna feud with Balor soon. Its probably going to be some dude in the main roster or some dude in NXT who has only done house shows and no TV yet. I would nominate Tye Dillinger but dude is trying to get his new character over...

That would be the funniest mix, Dillinger. I hope it's Corbin as well. Keep his weaknesses hidden in a tag. Light panties on fire. It'll be good. Go Corbin Go!

All this wrasslin made both TV and PPV matches not matter. What a world. This is why the 80/20 ratio is so important. #hiredisco

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because he is the ULTIMATE BIKER GANG LEADER, obviously.

He'll fuck you up, brah.

lol that dude? that child?

Let me know when he grows up and can be better than the best biker leader.
asYygk5.jpg

so on the idea of making smackdown a complete fiction show: does this make any of the guys that show up for it eligible for the SAG then? how does that effect their relationship and contracts with wwe.

there's a lot of questions that need to be asked for this silly max landis idea 8)

but I think they should do something to make some tv that isn't recaps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;178904618 said:
so on the idea of making smackdown a complete fiction show: does this make any of the guys that show up for it eligible for the SAG then? how does that effect their relationship and contracts with wwe.

there's a lot of questions that need to be asked for this silly max landis idea 8)

you just had to invoke that cunt's name, didn't you....fuck

JavyOO7

WWE probably has some good writers in their staff. But all that talent in the world doesn't matter as long as Vince is the top dog.

jred2k

Gamestop is constantly playing the 2K16 trailer and today I walked in just as the glass was shattering in Stone Cold's entrance. I felt pretty awesome for a couple of seconds until I realized where I was.

¡HarlequinPanic!;178904618 said:

Idk how WWE wrestlers aren't eligible for SAG. They're actors. They act on a scripted television show every week.

Sephzilla

Buddy and I were passing the Wii U back and forth making Marios for most of Raw. It's a good way to watch.

That's how I spent Raw as well. The end result is I literally remember nothing about Raw because it was background noise. That and Mario Maker has some kind of temporal effect that turns minutes into hours and hours into days. Raw was over before I knew it.

imBask

Banned
That's how I spent Raw as well. The end result is I literally remember nothing about Raw because it was background noise. That and Mario Maker has some kind of temporal effect that turns minutes into hours and hours into days. Raw was over before I knew it.

the only way to watch RAW is in background noise, unless you're really into commercials

imBask

Banned
Max Landis can't handle any criticism and doesn't know how to disconnect himself from Twitter. The IWC would eat him alive and he'd go on long entitled rants any time Raw's ratings go down.

he got destroyed by RLM and was still excited to get invited to a BoTW a week later, he can take criticism, he just comes out as a prick

The other thing is that whoever is not making the Marios at the time must fast forward through commercials/recaps. Why would people watch this shit live

i'm usually on mumble with a couple of friends, we talk about the show 20 minutes out of the 3 hours

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Russo's a good writer with good ideas. He's not poison anywhere except when employed by TNA, and that shit's on TNA.

Sounds like a solid backup plan, but why peanut butter?

Protein massive. Carbs tiny. Delicious.

Top Bottom