• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Hex

Banned
Well yeah a Cena fan would survive cancer. No offence to Daniel Bryan

T1Mazyg.gif

So much:

1) The twist that the game dangles in front of you to the very end is revealed within the first few minutes of the first cutscene. Little reward here.

2) We know that what we have in hand is a butchered version of what was meant to be released. You're getting a fraction of the original vision intended to be experienced

3) To add to this, a lot of missions and areas and reexplored to pad the experience.

4) Grindy

MGSV is this year's Destiny.

even after taking this long it still feels unfinished? blleeehhhh, c'mon japan.

looking forward to FFXV having the same fate.

imBask

Banned
I mean, I hate to pull the Undertaker card, but as he supposedly said to Shawn Michaels, not everything's about us.

We're (well, some of you; I don't watch Raw or SmackDown) the sheep that keep watching. They don't have to cater to us too much; they just have to toss us a scrap every now and then. They have to, in theory, try harder for the kids, particularly girls. WWE's a publicly traded company, so they have to always show signs of growth. To grow, they have to go wider.

So, Bayley's not necessarily just for us. Bayley works with fans other than we sheep, and she doesn't turn us off so badly that we would make the environment hostile. We don't have to love Bayley without reservation; she just has to be good enough not to be shit on by the fans while she works to sell the brand to women and girls.

TL;DR
hbk-vs-undertaker-wm-25-highli-o.gif

then put her in a saturday morning cartoon show with los matadores and the lucha losers and let us have NXT and RAW, BRING WRESTLING BACK TO THE PEOPLE MAGGLE

also I had a lot of problems with MGS V until mission 25, I love everything about it now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of kideo games, I'm considering selling off my big tv because I spend the vast majority of my time at my desk and would probably just prefer to have everything there so I can have more free space available. But constantly switching cords to hook up a console instead of my PC to the monitor seems like a huge pain in the ass. Especially the audio stuff(unless I went straight to headphones)

then put her in a saturday morning cartoon show with los matadores and the lucha losers and let us have NXT and RAW, BRING WRESTLING BACK TO THE PEOPLE MAGGLE

also I had a lot of problems with MGS V until mission 25, I love everything about it now

Or do what they and other companies that want to grow do to maximize audience crossover and retention: provide a big tent product that everyone can enjoy. You might not enjoy her segment, but there's a good Gable/Jordan tag match coming, so keep watching so we can show our broadcast network partner that we have viewers so they can charge decent rates for ads so our broadcast network can pay us a ton of money for the TV rights.

Edit: In hindsight, the Gable/Jordan thing doesn't work since it's all on the WWE Network, but if they were on Raw or SmackDown, that would be the logic.

klonere

Banned
Question: Are New Day the first act to start getting the Cena reaction (I distinctly heard a "Let's go New Day/New Day sucks chant going)?

I mean, I hate to pull the Undertaker card, but as he supposedly said to Shawn Michaels, not everything's about us.

We're (well, some of you; I don't watch Raw or SmackDown) the sheep that keep watching. They don't have to cater to us too much; they just have to toss us a scrap every now and then. They have to, in theory, try harder for the kids, particularly girls. WWE's a publicly traded company, so they have to always show signs of growth. To grow, they have to go wider.

So, Bayley's not necessarily just for us. Bayley works with fans other than we sheep, and she doesn't turn us off so badly that we would make the environment hostile. We don't have to love Bayley without reservation; she just has to be good enough not to be shit on by the fans while she works to sell the brand to women and girls.

TL;DR
hbk-vs-undertaker-wm-25-highli-o.gif

whynotboth.gif

Hah, no he was using it to make the count on so he didn't have to slap his hand to the mat, covered as it was in thumbtacks and broken glass. Real deathmatch refs know to bring heavy-duty gloves.

I had assumed that a frying pan was used as plunder during the match, and the ref was in the process of getting it out of the ring. Using the pan to count the pins makes sense, I guess.

Rollins won on March 29th. If he holds until Sunday that will be 175 days. The length in days of each Cena World title run are: 380, 280, 133, 133, 84, 84, 77, 49, 49, 49, 21, 21, 20, 14, <1 (via Wikipedia... no fancy links). The bottom 7 account for roughly 174/175 days (considering how you wish to count his few hour title reign).
While his number of title wins is quite impressive, Cena rarely holds the belt for longer than three months

Seth better than Cena

Check the boxes that apply.

Do you watch Raw even though you don't enjoy most of it?
[ ] Yes, I am one of the sheep.
[ ] No, I am not.

Did I post during Raw's running time or after about Raw even though I claim that I did not watch Raw?
[ ] No, I am not.

Check the boxes that apply.

Do you watch Raw even though you don't enjoy most of it?
[ ] No, I am not.

Did I post during Raw's running time or after about Raw even though I claim that I did not watch Raw?
[ ] No, I am not.

Some skewed ass questions, mate. What about people who watch Raw and enjoy most of it?

Some skewed ass questions, mate. What about people who watch Raw and enjoy most of it?

Then, you're definitely a sheep because no one could claim with honesty that he or she enjoyed a match between Neville and Stardust that doesn't happen because The Ascension and the Lucha Dragons appeared, the Wyatt Family on MizTV, a nothing match between Cesaro and Rusev that's less than 5 minutes and designed to advance the Ziggler/Rusev story that won't end or Sting vs. Big Show that ends in a DQ in less than 2 minutes.

Follow the buzzards.

imBask

Banned
*Cole starts clapping*
*Cena starts clapping*
LOOK MAGGLE, THE CROWD IS NEW DAYING HAHA I LOOOOVE IT MAGGLE

it's over guys, New Day is dead. They'll be back to Big Jobber, Royal Rumble Stuntman and "Who?" within a month

This is outstanding.

I don't know why, but my favorite part is Sting shaking the father's hand. And him giving her the glove seemed impromptu.

Well yeah a Cena fan would survive cancer. No offence to Daniel Bryan

tumblr_n6kvx3N9og1tte4u2o2_r1_250.gif

Then, you're definitely a sheep because no one could claim with honesty that he or she enjoyed a match between Neville and Stardust that doesn't happen because The Ascension and the Lucha Dragons appeared, the Wyatt Family on MizTV, a nothing match between Cesaro and Rusev that's less than 5 minutes and designed to advance the Ziggler/Rusev story that won't end or Sting vs. Big Show that ends in a DQ in less than 2 minutes.

Follow the buzzards.

If you have Raw on, half pay attention for most of the show, while doing other stuff, yet enjoyed it...are you sheep?

imBask

Banned
if you're paying more than half attention to RAW there's no way in hell you enjoy it, unless you're a psychopath and/or you reallllllly like Matthew McConaughey and his stupid car commercials

If you're paying half attention to it, can you say that you enjoyed it?

Yes. When I tune into Raw, I never give it my full attention, but usually enjoy most of it. I don't tune in every week though, and haven't watched Smackdown in years.

if you're paying more than half attention to RAW there's no way in hell you enjoy it, unless you're a psychopath and/or you reallllllly like Matthew McConaughey and his stupid car commercials

Or you could watch the USA Live Stream and not actually see any commercials that aren't for other USA shows.

imBask

Banned
Yes. When I tune into Raw, I never give it my full attention, but usually enjoy most of it. I don't tune in every week though, and haven't watched Smackdown in years.

Or you could watch the USA Live Stream and not actually see any commercials that aren't for other USA shows.

I dont have cable so I watch raw SOMEWHERE... And that SOMEWHERE usually puts cartoons during the commercials, which turns out to be better than raw most of the time

RP912

Banned
Why do people watch Raw at all? Seriously...it's 2015 and we all know the show isn't going to get any better. This community would be in better shape if we expand our horizons.....by subscribing to NJPW World for only 8.56 per month :D.

Why do people watch Raw at all? Seriously...it's 2015 and we all know the show isn't going to get any better. This community would be in better shape if we expand our horizons.....by subscribing to NJPW World for only 8.56 per month :D.

Man, that NJPW on AXS thread flopped badly.

Ithil

Sasha, Paige, Charlotte (in-ring only), Natty, maybe Alexa and even Becky

I don't know, Bayley bores me to death she's like a less talented version of Daniel Bryan, overcoming the odds with her happyfunnywackywavablefinflatable attitudezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh and that finisher, god damn make it stop it's the worst

I just can't care about her at all, like zero, I feel literally nothing when she's on the screen.

You simply don't like her, and that roadblock is going to prevent you from understanding the appeal.

The gist is Bayley works because she appeals to everyone. She resonates strongly with kids like Cena, but unlike Cena she is also liked by adults, because she has an easy to like, distinct character and is a good solid wrestler. She also has the requisite big ass and boobs for adults but unlike others her primary appeal comes from her underdog character (not the fake underdog like Cena) and story.

I wouldn't even need to like her to understand the obvious appeal to multiple demographics. Also Paige and Charlotte are not better in the ring than her.

Heroman

Banned

This man gets it, but in order for njpw to get bigger in this thread they need more english content that people can access.

imBask

Banned
the real question here is who the pays for Cable in 2015, do you hate money so much that you feel the need to throw it away?

Sports is literally the only thing left on TV, and every league has legal and illegal paid alternative, cable needs to die already. Or at least upgrade their service and let us pick only the channels we want

the real question here is who the pays for Cable in 2015, do you hate money so much that you feel the need to throw it away?

Sports is literally the only thing left on TV, and every league has legal and illegal paid alternative, cable needs to die already. Or at least upgrade their service and let us pick only the channels we want

it's a premium background noise service

Top Bottom